Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds 18:38 - Dec 7 with 672 viewsSaintNick

Forgetting Gillingham where they played for a while, who has been to all three of their permanent homes.

Goldstone Ground

Withdean

Amex

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 655 viewscynicalsaint

yup

cup game in the 80's with my mum and dad - missed all the fun and games
evening match at the withdean (son's first away game under lights) - think we drew 1-1
amex - went with a mate who managed to blag a parking space at the ground. lambert sent off?
Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:00 - Dec 7 with 649 viewsSaintsforeverj

Been to the Amex and Withdean. That 2 1 win at Withdean, Fonte header in league one, was one of the greatest moments supporting Saints. Never seen so many Saints fans fall down the stairs in excitement. The celebrations on the trains and on Brighton beach that evening, on a hot day was also special! The win meant promotion out of league one was likely and that meant a hell of a lot!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 19:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:26 - Dec 7 with 599 viewsSaintNick

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:00 - Dec 7 by Saintsforeverj

Been to the Amex and Withdean. That 2 1 win at Withdean, Fonte header in league one, was one of the greatest moments supporting Saints. Never seen so many Saints fans fall down the stairs in excitement. The celebrations on the trains and on Brighton beach that evening, on a hot day was also special! The win meant promotion out of league one was likely and that meant a hell of a lot!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 19:00]

I first went to the Goldstone in January 1977 on the special train, 1-1 draw. went a few times afterwards.

First went to the Amex on September 11th 2001 for a league cup tie, as we drove down the radio was full of news of what was happening in New York and there was talk of the game being called off, we won 3-0 I think , i went several times more

Amx, first game was that defeat in January 2012 with Lambert sent off been to all our competitive games there since up till tonight

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:39 - Dec 7 with 584 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:26 - Dec 7 by SaintNick

I first went to the Goldstone in January 1977 on the special train, 1-1 draw. went a few times afterwards.

First went to the Amex on September 11th 2001 for a league cup tie, as we drove down the radio was full of news of what was happening in New York and there was talk of the game being called off, we won 3-0 I think , i went several times more

Amx, first game was that defeat in January 2012 with Lambert sent off been to all our competitive games there since up till tonight

The Amex is a great trip. Train station right next to the ground. Only cost 10 pounds on the train last year when we won 2 nil. Went into Brighton after the game for a few drinks and of course the city was very lively. Still had time to get back to Southampton on the last train at about 10. Always hope they stay up, as it is a great trip as an away day. Never got to go to the Goldstone.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 19:43]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:50 - Dec 7 with 563 viewsSaintNick

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 19:39 - Dec 7 by Saintsforeverj

The Amex is a great trip. Train station right next to the ground. Only cost 10 pounds on the train last year when we won 2 nil. Went into Brighton after the game for a few drinks and of course the city was very lively. Still had time to get back to Southampton on the last train at about 10. Always hope they stay up, as it is a great trip as an away day. Never got to go to the Goldstone.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 19:43]

Only drawback at the Amex is trying to get the train to and from Brighton to the ground, it has been ok the last few years because we have been able to sit out in the sun drinking beer at the stadium, would be awful in winter

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 13:17 - Dec 8 with 442 viewsTimSaint

Seen us beat Brighton at:

Goldstone - FA Cup in 86
Withdean - Fonte last min winner
Amex - Pre-Season Friendly and 2-0 last season
The Dell - I think 5-1 close to when I first started going, plus many more
St Marys - 3-0 in the Championship and perhaps a couple of others

Strangely though, since they were promoted to the Prem, we haven't beaten them at home !! Hopefully that will change later this season.

TimSaint

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 13:41 - Dec 8 with 429 viewsSalisburySaint

Who Has Been To All Three Of Brighton's Grounds on 13:17 - Dec 8 by TimSaint

Seen us beat Brighton at:

Goldstone - FA Cup in 86
Withdean - Fonte last min winner
Amex - Pre-Season Friendly and 2-0 last season
The Dell - I think 5-1 close to when I first started going, plus many more
St Marys - 3-0 in the Championship and perhaps a couple of others

Strangely though, since they were promoted to the Prem, we haven't beaten them at home !! Hopefully that will change later this season.

seen at all the grounds

seen all league and cup games at Amex, only lost once in Promotion season 2011/12, but after last night won the last 4 games there

saw 2 league games at Withdean - Fonte last minute unforgettable

went to Goldstone several times league and cup, got quite lively down there at most games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024