Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfers 20:09 - Jun 30 with 3874 viewsSadoldgit

Sancho off to United for £73m. It starts!
Summer transfers on 21:22 - Jun 30 with 3112 viewsSaintNick

Madness

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Summer transfers on 21:35 - Jun 30 with 3099 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Summer transfers on 21:44 - Jun 30 with 3096 viewsSadoldgit

There was a moment where it seemed like the pandemic might have helped bring the stupid prices of footballers down but no such luck. If it is true that Levy is holding out for £150m for Kane and City are willing to pay £100m for Grealish the opposite is true. It is beyond madness, and it is about time something was done to stop it. It makes an absolute mockery of the FFP rules.

On a different subject, Benitez to Everton is an interesting one. An excellent manager and one who will probably do a good job for them, but not a popular choice because he had the temerity to call them a “small club” many years ago. It wasn’t the first time a manager wound up the supporters of a rival club and it won’t be the last. If he thought so little of the club why would he sign up for them? If I was an Everton supporter I would be delighted at this appointment. Some morons have even made threats against him to try and deter him from joining the club. Crazy.
Summer transfers on 21:50 - Jun 30 with 3054 viewsButty101

Summer transfers on 21:44 - Jun 30 by Sadoldgit

There was a moment where it seemed like the pandemic might have helped bring the stupid prices of footballers down but no such luck. If it is true that Levy is holding out for £150m for Kane and City are willing to pay £100m for Grealish the opposite is true. It is beyond madness, and it is about time something was done to stop it. It makes an absolute mockery of the FFP rules.

On a different subject, Benitez to Everton is an interesting one. An excellent manager and one who will probably do a good job for them, but not a popular choice because he had the temerity to call them a “small club” many years ago. It wasn’t the first time a manager wound up the supporters of a rival club and it won’t be the last. If he thought so little of the club why would he sign up for them? If I was an Everton supporter I would be delighted at this appointment. Some morons have even made threats against him to try and deter him from joining the club. Crazy.

Why is he a good manager? He is someone that is living of a reputation he forged 15years ago. He got outperformed by Bruce at Newcastle ffs

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Summer transfers on 21:54 - Jun 30 with 3077 viewsSaintsforeverj

Benitez is a good appointment. They will all soon start loving him if Everton win games. Makes it a really tough start for Saints though. They will want to get off to a winning start with the new boss, with all their expensive new signings. Then we play Man U with their new additions. Spurs have also appointed Nuno. Another excellent appointment. It's going to be a big struggle for Saints this season, I fear.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Summer transfers on 23:14 - Jun 30 with 3007 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester's new signing from Red Bull Salzburg looks interesting. The Red Bull teams always have a lot of exciting young players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57662332
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 23:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Summer transfers on 23:18 - Jun 30 with 2998 viewsdirk_doone

Summer transfers on 21:35 - Jun 30 by saintwizzler

Alex McCarthy as well.

Summer transfers on 23:35 - Jun 30 with 2982 viewsA1079

Agree with all that SOG.

I think Benitez will prove a good appointment for Everton and any antipathy towards him by Everton fans will soon melt away.

The Leicester appointment of a player from RB Salzburg is also interesting. Highly rated apparently though, that does not mean he will be as good as they say. I did think that when Ralph was appointed and with his experience and knowledge in his own country and Germany that we might see some benefit at Southampton in terms of some purchases but not thus far. That does not mean he has not tried of course - it could all be down to money.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfers on 08:23 - Jul 1 with 2886 viewsSadoldgit

Nuno Espírito Santo has now been confirmed as the new Spurs manager.
Summer transfers on 09:03 - Jul 1 with 2868 viewssaint22

Summer transfers on 23:18 - Jun 30 by dirk_doone

Alex McCarthy as well.

Very ambitious and aspirational
Gonna be a very similar long old season I fear
Summer transfers on 10:06 - Jul 1 with 2824 viewsSadoldgit

Summer transfers on 23:18 - Jun 30 by dirk_doone

Alex McCarthy as well.

Underwhelming I agree but with little in the pot and several key acquisitions needed elsewhere, I think we are stuck with two average keepers for a while yet.
Summer transfers on 10:16 - Jul 1 with 2817 viewsdirk_doone

Summer transfers on 10:06 - Jul 1 by Sadoldgit

Underwhelming I agree but with little in the pot and several key acquisitions needed elsewhere, I think we are stuck with two average keepers for a while yet.

I was impressed by the Finnish goalkeeper, LukáÅ¡ Hrádecký, who currently plays for Bayer Leverkusen. They signed him on a free transfer and I'm sure McCarthy will be on a much bigger salary than he is.

Summer transfers on 12:27 - Jul 1 with 2749 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/1410558232301654017

Adam Blackmore certain that Perraud will sign in the next few days, as Bertrand goes to Leicester. Well at least we look as if we are bringing in a decent left back.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 12:28]

Summer transfers on 13:20 - Jul 1 with 2693 viewssaint22

Summer transfers on 12:27 - Jul 1 by Saintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/1410558232301654017

Adam Blackmore certain that Perraud will sign in the next few days, as Bertrand goes to Leicester. Well at least we look as if we are bringing in a decent left back.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 12:28]

Well that is good by all accounts
I am hopeful we will get what we need for the first 11
what worries me once again is the back up or lack of, that's exactly what has screwed us over the past few seasons
Summer transfers on 13:47 - Jul 1 with 2666 views1885_SFC

Bertand has signed for Leicester. Two year deal with an option for a third year.

Old School is Cool

Summer transfers on 21:49 - Jul 2 with 2457 viewshedgeend61

Summer transfers on 21:50 - Jun 30 by Butty101

Why is he a good manager? He is someone that is living of a reputation he forged 15years ago. He got outperformed by Bruce at Newcastle ffs

Rafa goes to Everton, many Everton fans won't have him.

Nuno goes to Spurs (102nd on their list), many Spurs fans don't want him.

Viera (who wasn't good enough for Little Bournemouth) looks set for Palace, which looks a disaster waiting to happen. 9/4 for relegation looks a snip.

For those wanting Ralph out, be careful what you wish for, the manager pool doesn't look very deep.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 21:50]
Summer transfers on 22:20 - Jul 2 with 2410 viewsButty101

Summer transfers on 21:49 - Jul 2 by hedgeend61

Rafa goes to Everton, many Everton fans won't have him.

Nuno goes to Spurs (102nd on their list), many Spurs fans don't want him.

Viera (who wasn't good enough for Little Bournemouth) looks set for Palace, which looks a disaster waiting to happen. 9/4 for relegation looks a snip.

For those wanting Ralph out, be careful what you wish for, the manager pool doesn't look very deep.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 21:50]

The pool doesn’t need to be deep if Howe is available

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Summer transfers on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 2367 viewsSadoldgit

Summer transfers on 13:47 - Jul 1 by 1885_SFC

Bertand has signed for Leicester. Two year deal with an option for a third year.

A good move for Bertie, good luck to him. Hopefully his replacement will serve us as well and it turns out to be a good move for all involved.
Summer transfers on 13:11 - Jul 4 with 2199 viewsSadoldgit

The Mirror is suggesting that Armstrong is on his way here for £10m plus add ons. Sounds like a good deal if true.
Summer transfers on 13:20 - Jul 4 with 2184 viewsSaintsforeverj

Summer transfers on 13:11 - Jul 4 by Sadoldgit

The Mirror is suggesting that Armstrong is on his way here for £10m plus add ons. Sounds like a good deal if true.

He scored 29 goals last season. Would be really happy if we signed him as another option up front.

Summer transfers on 14:26 - Jul 6 with 1998 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently we have had an initial offer for Armstrong knocked back and are the only club interested at the moment.
Summer transfers on 20:23 - Jul 6 with 1926 viewsSadoldgit

Summer transfers on 14:26 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Apparently we have had an initial offer for Armstrong knocked back and are the only club interested at the moment.

Brandon Williams close to signing on loan according to another site.
Summer transfers on 22:56 - Jul 6 with 1881 views1885_SFC

Summer transfers on 20:23 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Brandon Williams close to signing on loan according to another site.

Let's hope that's true. Cracking young player.

Old School is Cool

Summer transfers on 14:08 - Jul 9 with 1667 viewsSadoldgit

Hopefully it is just media nonsense but there is a story doing the rounds that Chelsea are going to offer £150m for Haaland! We haven’t even broken the £100m barrier yet which would be crazy enough. How can there ever be any FFP when some teams can throw around that sort of money? For a few more quid you could buy our club. Utter madness.
Summer transfers on 09:31 - Jul 10 with 1591 viewsSadoldgit

Read elsewhere that the Brandon Williams loan for a season will be finalised very soon.
We are also apparently going to bid for 20 year old Matthew Hoppe a striker from Schalke along with several other Prem clubs.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 21:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024