Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer 07:50 - Aug 5 with 916 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55379/ralph-hasenhuttl-a

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 10:12 - Aug 5 with 711 viewsSonicBoom

I'm not surprised Ings left. He was always going to.
Nick says we need to replace 12 goals well it's more complex than that. Ings often made a goal from nothing for himself. He had that quality to create something and change a game.

Adams really needs chances made for him an takes the odd one. Obafemi I really can't see figuring for us and Tella may surprise us but doesn't look like a clinical finisher yet at least.
Redmond, well we know he definitely isn't. Witness him last night having a golden chance right in front of goal on his right but he dithered, turned across onto his left into two defenders and ended up not shooting, not passing and losing the ball from a position that Ings would have buried.
What I'm saying is that we need a player who converts chances. We have players with all round games - we don't need another one of those, but goals win games and therefore points. We need a selfish, between the posts, finisher.
If we get one I think we'll be fine as we make enough chances. If we don't I really think we will struggle to score.
Im intrigued to see what the club does. We certainly have the money now.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 10:31 - Aug 5 with 685 viewssaint22

Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 10:12 - Aug 5 by SonicBoom

Nick says we need to replace 12 goals well it's more complex than that. Ings often made a goal from nothing for himself. He had that quality to create something and change a game.

Adams really needs chances made for him an takes the odd one. Obafemi I really can't see figuring for us and Tella may surprise us but doesn't look like a clinical finisher yet at least.
Redmond, well we know he definitely isn't. Witness him last night having a golden chance right in front of goal on his right but he dithered, turned across onto his left into two defenders and ended up not shooting, not passing and losing the ball from a position that Ings would have buried.
What I'm saying is that we need a player who converts chances. We have players with all round games - we don't need another one of those, but goals win games and therefore points. We need a selfish, between the posts, finisher.
If we get one I think we'll be fine as we make enough chances. If we don't I really think we will struggle to score.

A good post Sonic and spot on
Redmond wasting that chance last night was damning
We need someone who can create and also shoot on sight and Ings did give us that
Can this Armstrong chap step up or is he another Adam’s type
We need a goal getter that’s for sure
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer (n/t) on 10:41 - Aug 5 with 674 viewsSonicBoom

[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 10:41]
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 13:48 - Aug 5 with 545 viewsBerber

Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 10:12 - Aug 5 by SonicBoom

"Redmond, well we know he definitely isn't. Witness him last night having a golden chance right in front of goal on his right but he dithered, turned across onto his left into two defenders and ended up not shooting, not passing and losing the ball from a position that Ings would have buried."

Heart sinks......

More of the same then.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 14:22 - Aug 5 with 489 viewsSonicBoom

Go to 4.55 and you can watch it.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Addresses Saints Fans On Ings Transfer on 17:22 - Aug 5 with 376 viewsTripleNiemi

Quote:

"We can replace him and we must replace him to get a player who scores goals for us"

End Quote.

The big question is, will it be a Carillo or a Lambert?

Could be an entertaining season and possibly 'our year' ?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024