Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlton Palmer 07:59 - Aug 10 with 1370 viewsSaintNick

For a player who played for us for a short time, then seemed to forget we existed Carlton palmer seems to be having a lot to say in the media, for a manager of Grantham Town he seems to now be an expert on Southampton fc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Carlton Palmer on 08:25 - Aug 10 with 1327 viewsHeisenberg

Palmer got more international caps than Le Tiss. Says everything about England.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Carlton Palmer on 08:35 - Aug 10 with 1291 viewssaintwizzler

Carlton Palmer on 08:25 - Aug 10 by Heisenberg

Palmer got more international caps than Le Tiss. Says everything about England.

England managers.

The most successful English club manager never got the nod.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Carlton Palmer on 14:42 - Aug 10 with 1137 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ah the mid to end 90s ... Palmer, Richardson, Hirst, Rosler, Walters, Venison, Slater, Woods, Hughes, Ripley and co ... what a collection of past-it journeymen we collected.

Am I missing any? I know earlier we had people like Case, but he was actually bloody decent. I think all you'd hear for the next ten years was "we've never replaced Jimmy Case" in various guises of Southampton accent ...

I didn't include John Beresford either as he was decent and if I remember rightly, wasn't it his injury in the opener against Liverpool that led the way for Wayne Bridge to debut and never give back the left back spot? Or is that incorrect? 22 years ago (ish) ... christ.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Carlton Palmer on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 1133 viewsSaintNick

Carlton Palmer on 14:42 - Aug 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Ah the mid to end 90s ... Palmer, Richardson, Hirst, Rosler, Walters, Venison, Slater, Woods, Hughes, Ripley and co ... what a collection of past-it journeymen we collected.

Am I missing any? I know earlier we had people like Case, but he was actually bloody decent. I think all you'd hear for the next ten years was "we've never replaced Jimmy Case" in various guises of Southampton accent ...

I didn't include John Beresford either as he was decent and if I remember rightly, wasn't it his injury in the opener against Liverpool that led the way for Wayne Bridge to debut and never give back the left back spot? Or is that incorrect? 22 years ago (ish) ... christ.

Beresford was a good signing but only managed 17 games for us before that injury finished his career

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Carlton Palmer on 15:15 - Aug 10 with 1111 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Carlton Palmer on 14:45 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

Beresford was a good signing but only managed 17 games for us before that injury finished his career

Was it only 17 games?? Crikey, I thought it was many more.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Carlton Palmer on 18:19 - Aug 10 with 1025 viewsTripleNiemi

Carlton Palmer on 14:42 - Aug 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

David Howells also around that era from recollection. Brain fade as getting old, but i seem to recall Howells played in goal for a period when we were away at Highbury one year?

Personally i liked Robbie Slater and dare i say it, i thought Palmer for a season was half reasonable.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:55]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Carlton Palmer on 18:30 - Aug 10 with 1010 viewsTripleNiemi

Carlton Palmer on 18:19 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

David Howells also around that era from recollection. Brain fade as getting old, but i seem to recall Howells played in goal for a period when we were away at Highbury one year?

Personally i liked Robbie Slater and dare i say it, i thought Palmer for a season was half reasonable.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:55]

Can that, it was Charlton away when Howells donned the keepers gloves.

Carlton Palmer on 12:30 - Aug 11 with 791 viewsChannonswindmill

Paul Allen, Kerry Dixon, David Speedie....

First game, H v Blackpool FA Cup R4, 24/1/76 Exiled in Bristol.

Login to get fewer ads

Carlton Palmer on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 721 viewsTripleNiemi

Carlton Palmer on 12:30 - Aug 11 by Channonswindmill

Paul Allen, Kerry Dixon, David Speedie....

Mark Draper (Hod era)
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 14:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024