Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Everton The Verdict 10:20 - Aug 16 with 623 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55487/southampton-at-eve

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 10:42 - Aug 16 with 592 viewsgrumpy

A fair assessment, Nick.
Apart from the last paragraph, should we not be moving forward from losing time after time at the first game of the season and at Everton?
Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:16 - Aug 16 with 545 viewsSadoldgit

When you look at the stats we launched a lot more attacks than they did but theirs produced more shots on goal. This was a problem for us last year too. When we are on top we don’t press home our advantage. We nicked a goal from a defensive mistake but how many dangerous attacks did we launch? I admire Ralph’s attacking philosophy but it really needs to step up its threat to the opposition goal.
Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:31 - Aug 16 with 523 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:16 - Aug 16 by Sadoldgit

When you look at the stats we launched a lot more attacks than they did but theirs produced more shots on goal. This was a problem for us last year too. When we are on top we don’t press home our advantage. We nicked a goal from a defensive mistake but how many dangerous attacks did we launch? I admire Ralph’s attacking philosophy but it really needs to step up its threat to the opposition goal.

I would say that recently it's Tella and Stuart Armstrong who have been the only ones really driving the play from midfield into the box, where serious chances can be created.

Walcott and Redmond do it ocassionally; Djenepo hardly ever. I'd like to see if Elyounoussi has improved at all in doing this.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:53 - Aug 16 with 495 viewsVeloSaint

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:16 - Aug 16 by Sadoldgit

First game of the season, away at Everton, I actually thought we carried a threat throughout the game which is not something that could be said for most of last seasons latter half. Obviously less so second half but the home crowd seemed edgy at 1-1 midway through with both our wide players causing problems. We had the bench to turn it our way or at the least maintain what we had.
Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:56 - Aug 16 with 492 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:31 - Aug 16 by DorsetIan

I would say that recently it's Tella and Stuart Armstrong who have been the only ones really driving the play from midfield into the box, where serious chances can be created.

Walcott and Redmond do it ocassionally; Djenepo hardly ever. I'd like to see if Elyounoussi has improved at all in doing this.

Djenepo impressed me in the second half in front of us with his attacks and runs into the box.
Putting Redmond on in that position and dropping Djenepo to LB back was strange.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 15:01 - Aug 16 with 367 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 11:56 - Aug 16 by saintwizzler

Djenepo impressed me in the second half in front of us with his attacks and runs into the box.
Putting Redmond on in that position and dropping Djenepo to LB back was strange.

Djenepo impressed me too. Fans were even singing his name. Those who weren't there, I'm afraid don't realise that he actually was one of our better players on the day.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 15:59 - Aug 16 with 349 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 15:01 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

Djenepo impressed me too. Fans were even singing his name. Those who weren't there, I'm afraid don't realise that he actually was one of our better players on the day.

I thought he roasted Coleman a few times on Saturday and looked like he had the beating of him but there was no end product. On one occasion he skinned a few players in the second half and then seemed to tackle himself as it went out for a goal kick.

There’s definitely a player there if he lifts his head up once in a while.
Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 16:06 - Aug 16 with 340 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton At Everton The Verdict on 15:59 - Aug 16 by solent_toffee

I thought he roasted Coleman a few times on Saturday and looked like he had the beating of him but there was no end product. On one occasion he skinned a few players in the second half and then seemed to tackle himself as it went out for a goal kick.

There’s definitely a player there if he lifts his head up once in a while.

Quite agree. Djenepo has more in him than Redmond and Walcott. His end product needs working on, but he has something. We have seen that with a few of his goals. And he is enthusiastic. He responds when the fans sing his name. He could be useful going forward and certainly doesn't deserve criticism for Saturday, when he was better than others on the pitch not receiving criticism.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024