Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Day Of Transfer Window 20:30 - Aug 30 with 1557 viewsSaintNick

Just over 26 hours to go I think we will loan out a player or two and perhaps bring in a surprise

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 20:59 - Aug 30 with 1511 viewsSaintsforeverj

A surprise? Who could that be??? Or what do you know that we don't know
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 21:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 07:27 - Aug 31 with 1336 viewssaint22

What like a proven experienced Centre Back……?
Let’s hope so
Last Day Of Transfer Window on 07:42 - Aug 31 with 1321 viewssaintwizzler

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 07:27 - Aug 31 by saint22

What like a proven experienced Centre Back……?
Let’s hope so

Watching the game at the St James Park on Saturday Stephens gave the ball away with a forward pass around the centre circle then stood there feeling sorry for himself. Meanwhile MOTM Saint-Maxim was on his bike and Stephens suddenly realised he was in the poop.
Luckily the ball never reached Saint-Maxim.
But it just shows Stephens’ weakness again.
Concentration. Plus he ball watches too much. Mark a man ffs. Everton’s third for example.
A good player to bring off the bench to steady the ship if we are winning.
But he should be no where near the starting XI.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 08:04 - Aug 31 with 1298 viewsHeisenberg

Long will go out on loan.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:20 - Aug 31 with 1216 viewsButty101

Im no Stephens fan, but both goals came from our left flank. The first goal KWP was ball watching and left his man all on his own, who then scored. The 2nd goal Salisu lost his man again down the left and the whole back line was then out of position,

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:36 - Aug 31 with 1192 viewssaint22

Joey Veerman?
Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:42 - Aug 31 with 1185 viewsSonicBoom

I might be wrong but didn't we play KWP on the left instead of the guy we bought in to actually play at left back ?? That being the case you can understand why he was caught out positionally I guess. Managers never seem to learn that square pegs are better in square holes.
Like most people I'd love to see Livramento playing in front of KWP in his natural position. For me playing him on the left was another odd decision by Ralph.
Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:43 - Aug 31 with 1189 viewsweneedbigballz

Defensive midfielder please. I know everyone is banging on about yet another centre half, but the problems are the organisation and leadership in front for the back 4 imho. Someone to partner Romeu and let Ward Prowse push on.

I know I am a minority in this opinion btw.

Some you lose, some you draw.

Login to get fewer ads

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 10:46 - Aug 31 with 1120 viewsHeisenberg

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:43 - Aug 31 by weneedbigballz

Defensive midfielder please. I know everyone is banging on about yet another centre half, but the problems are the organisation and leadership in front for the back 4 imho. Someone to partner Romeu and let Ward Prowse push on.

I know I am a minority in this opinion btw.

I’m with you on this one. JWP and or Romeo get injured and we are light. Solid midfielder required who can sit and protect the defence.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 1102 viewsBicester_North

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:42 - Aug 31 by SonicBoom

I might be wrong but didn't we play KWP on the left instead of the guy we bought in to actually play at left back ?? That being the case you can understand why he was caught out positionally I guess. Managers never seem to learn that square pegs are better in square holes.
Like most people I'd love to see Livramento playing in front of KWP in his natural position. For me playing him on the left was another odd decision by Ralph.

I agree, just don’t understand why he seems to be such a fan of playing players out of their natural position.
I could understand it last season with injuries but not now we have an almost complete squad.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 11:02]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 12:37 - Aug 31 with 992 viewsdirk_doone

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 09:42 - Aug 31 by SonicBoom

I think it will take a long time for Ralph to learn this but it's what he will eventually do. The only question is, like the goalkeeper situation, just how long it will take him to learn something that seems fairly obvious to everybody else. He likes to experiment before arriving at the solution that was clear to see in the first place.

Having said that, he's not the only one. I remember when Koeman played Mane out on the wing when we were all crying out for him to be used as a striker, which he eventually did not long before we sold him.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 12:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Last Day Of Transfer Window on 14:07 - Aug 31 with 888 viewsSadoldgit

KWP and Livramento both need to start so if this is the way he finds to do it, fair enough. He seems to be experimenting quite a lot right now. Could be a few weeks before he finds his best combination and you would think that Stuey will be a shoo in when fit again. Can’t see the point of Long or Obefami staying so loans probably in the cards there (although in Long’s case a transfer makes more sense).
He seems set to persist with 4222 which is a shame because I don’t think we have a CB with the speed or positional awareness to deal with the counters that we face when we lose the ball in midfield If we still had VVD instead of Stephens it could be a different matter. Stand by for another season of leaking goals as I can’t see us signing another CB or Ralph suddenly adopting Puell’s tactics.
Last Day Of Transfer Window on 16:08 - Aug 31 with 763 viewssolent_toffee

I used to quite like transfer window day and Sky used to be a big part of it. Tried watching it today and it is horrific. It’s like MUTV with every ‘pundit’ being a southern Man U fan speaking a language that I have no idea what they are talking about. It’s horrific viewing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024