Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the official attendance for Saturday? 12:19 - Sep 13 with 1885 viewssaints__fan__73

Can't seem to see it in any of the match reports.

Are the club trying to keep it quiet?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 12:19]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:20 - Sep 13 with 1880 viewsSaintNick

I looked at the papers yesterday and about half the Premier League games didn't declare the attendance.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:24 - Sep 13 with 1870 viewssaints__fan__73

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:20 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

I looked at the papers yesterday and about half the Premier League games didn't declare the attendance.

Do you think this is a deliberate thing with the PL not wanting to publicise falling attendances due to covid, the effects of having every game on tv for the last 1.5 seasons and the general loss of enthusiasm for PL football?

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:32 - Sep 13 with 1848 viewsdirk_doone

My estimate would be about 26,000, which would be one of the lowest Premier League gates ever at St Mary's. But, of course, there are exceptional circumstances. The lowest PL attendance ever at St Mary's, aside from the Covid restricted ones, was 25,714, v Charlton nineteen years ago.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 12:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:43 - Sep 13 with 1817 viewsSaintNick

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:24 - Sep 13 by saints__fan__73

Do you think this is a deliberate thing with the PL not wanting to publicise falling attendances due to covid, the effects of having every game on tv for the last 1.5 seasons and the general loss of enthusiasm for PL football?

I dont think it is a Premier League thing, I think it is the clubs themselves

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:50 - Sep 13 with 1799 viewsdirk_doone

What was the official attendance for Saturday on 12:43 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

I dont think it is a Premier League thing, I think it is the clubs themselves

I agree. Man United will be very happy to publish their attendance figures at Old Trafford, especially now they've got Cristiano Ronaldo and are top of the league.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:39 - Sep 14 with 1514 viewsPoirot

Club are clearly trying to hide the attendances stats as its alwayts been shown before.
What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:43 - Sep 14 with 1510 viewssaintwizzler

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:39 - Sep 14 by Poirot

Club are clearly trying to hide the attendances stats as its alwayts been shown before.

Quite a few teams haven’t publish theirs either.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 13:18 - Sep 14 with 1478 viewsSaintNick

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:43 - Sep 14 by saintwizzler

Quite a few teams haven’t publish theirs either.

Leeds on Sunday and Everton last night dont seem to have published the attendance, Saints are far from being the only club not publishing.

United's attendance on Saturday was 72, 732 which was strangely exactly the same attendance they had for their first game against Leeds, this is around 3,500 below capacity and 2,000 below their average in the last full season completed before Covid 19 hit.

If they can't sell out Old Trafford with the return of their prodigal son who can sell out, although I suspect they are manipulating the figures a little, the chances of two consecutive attendances being exactly the same are slim

Login to get fewer ads

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 14:58 - Sep 14 with 1426 viewssaints__fan__73

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 13:18 - Sep 14 by SaintNick

Leeds on Sunday and Everton last night dont seem to have published the attendance, Saints are far from being the only club not publishing.

United's attendance on Saturday was 72, 732 which was strangely exactly the same attendance they had for their first game against Leeds, this is around 3,500 below capacity and 2,000 below their average in the last full season completed before Covid 19 hit.

If they can't sell out Old Trafford with the return of their prodigal son who can sell out, although I suspect they are manipulating the figures a little, the chances of two consecutive attendances being exactly the same are slim

PL clubs have realised that the number of fans going to watch the game is irrelevant. The cash cow is worldwide TV rights.

There was an argument that fans watching on TV in foreign climbs would stop watching without the 'atmosphere' generated by those in the stadium but COVID clearly demonstrated that they are easily replaced with colourful tarpaulin and some computer game noises.

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 15:25 - Sep 14 with 1415 viewsSaintNick

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 14:58 - Sep 14 by saints__fan__73

PL clubs have realised that the number of fans going to watch the game is irrelevant. The cash cow is worldwide TV rights.

There was an argument that fans watching on TV in foreign climbs would stop watching without the 'atmosphere' generated by those in the stadium but COVID clearly demonstrated that they are easily replaced with colourful tarpaulin and some computer game noises.

Thats why China cancelled its subscription and refused to pay up then

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 16:56 - Sep 14 with 1374 viewsButty101

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 15:25 - Sep 14 by SaintNick

Thats why China cancelled its subscription and refused to pay up then

To be fair China are a law until them selves. But world wide revenues totally out strip matchday revenue.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 1196 viewsSaintNick

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 16:56 - Sep 14 by Butty101

To be fair China are a law until them selves. But world wide revenues totally out strip matchday revenue.

Im not denying that, buts as i say until im blue in the face, the Premier League & TV monies are not a lot different for the clubs, the difference between the top and bottom isnt that great.

Manchester city earned the highest with £153.9 million last season (after the tv rebate of £7 millionish per club)

Saints in 15th earned a net £111 million, so at just over £2 million per position prize money the gap would not have been that far if we got into the top 10.

But even with the £42 million difference that is isnt a lot in terms of the transfer market.

The Premier League money is big but in many terms insignificant, it is all about what a club can earn off the pitch that makes a difference, bigger crowds generate more sponsorship and advertising revenue and people buying merchandise etc.

Manchester United get around 45,000 more people on a matchday that us, in pure ticket sales that is about £36 million a season and then you can probably add on an average £20 a head merchandise etc for those 45,000 so that is almost another £20 million a season .

So dont get caught up by the old the supporters dont matter anymore theory, they matter big time.

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:58 - Sep 16 with 1033 viewsfranniesTache

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:56 - Sep 15 by SaintNick

Im not denying that, buts as i say until im blue in the face, the Premier League & TV monies are not a lot different for the clubs, the difference between the top and bottom isnt that great.

Manchester city earned the highest with £153.9 million last season (after the tv rebate of £7 millionish per club)

Saints in 15th earned a net £111 million, so at just over £2 million per position prize money the gap would not have been that far if we got into the top 10.

But even with the £42 million difference that is isnt a lot in terms of the transfer market.

The Premier League money is big but in many terms insignificant, it is all about what a club can earn off the pitch that makes a difference, bigger crowds generate more sponsorship and advertising revenue and people buying merchandise etc.

Manchester United get around 45,000 more people on a matchday that us, in pure ticket sales that is about £36 million a season and then you can probably add on an average £20 a head merchandise etc for those 45,000 so that is almost another £20 million a season .

So dont get caught up by the old the supporters dont matter anymore theory, they matter big time.

You're sort of right that it's people through the doors that make the difference Nick, but it's not supporters they want.

What most premier league clubs want is tourists who will spend a load in the club shop, buy the over priced food and splash out on the more expensive seats.

Supporters, fans from the cities of the clubs, are a pain to most football clubs and i'd imagine most would prefer not to have to deal with them.

Those of us who go for a day out on the beers with our mates, don't dress like deck chairs and think drinking in the newly installed saints gulag is a special level of hell have been branded "legacy fans", which clearly shows you what the business of football thinks of us.
What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 13:23 - Sep 16 with 1011 viewsBerber

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 12:58 - Sep 16 by franniesTache

You're sort of right that it's people through the doors that make the difference Nick, but it's not supporters they want.

What most premier league clubs want is tourists who will spend a load in the club shop, buy the over priced food and splash out on the more expensive seats.

Supporters, fans from the cities of the clubs, are a pain to most football clubs and i'd imagine most would prefer not to have to deal with them.

Those of us who go for a day out on the beers with our mates, don't dress like deck chairs and think drinking in the newly installed saints gulag is a special level of hell have been branded "legacy fans", which clearly shows you what the business of football thinks of us.

Good post. The "public" side of the club seem to care, the manager and coaching staff, the players, the Foundation all appear to care about the fans, the community.

The board and the faceless folk running the commercial side just don't seem to be very good or care very much. That would not matter if it did not asdversley affect the fans. I think you are right, we are just customers, and they don't much care for the things we do.

The turnstile debacle and scandalous waste of £500k just goes to show they do not understand.
What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 14:06 - Sep 17 with 846 views1ASIN12

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 13:23 - Sep 16 by Berber

Good post. The "public" side of the club seem to care, the manager and coaching staff, the players, the Foundation all appear to care about the fans, the community.

The board and the faceless folk running the commercial side just don't seem to be very good or care very much. That would not matter if it did not asdversley affect the fans. I think you are right, we are just customers, and they don't much care for the things we do.

The turnstile debacle and scandalous waste of £500k just goes to show they do not understand.

You only have to look at what the club have done recently to understand where their priorities are.

Kicked out fans from their supporters bar into the car park and called it a fans zone and upgraded the bar into a place where it’s £20 for a burger .

Kicked season tickets out of their prime seats or have the option of paying £200 a season more

I’m sure if these changes happend under Cortese’s watch then Nick would be slagging the club off a lot more .
What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 15:22 - Sep 17 with 820 viewsButty101

What was the official attendance for Saturday? on 14:06 - Sep 17 by 1ASIN12

You only have to look at what the club have done recently to understand where their priorities are.

Kicked out fans from their supporters bar into the car park and called it a fans zone and upgraded the bar into a place where it’s £20 for a burger .

Kicked season tickets out of their prime seats or have the option of paying £200 a season more

I’m sure if these changes happend under Cortese’s watch then Nick would be slagging the club off a lot more .

Why hes on the pay roll, theres no chance of him criticizing the club.

I would be interested to know if Nick has a padded seat or munches on a burger in the fanzone.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024