Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough 21:02 - Sep 26 with 1195 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:19 - Sep 26 with 1148 viewssaint22

I would rather know why he plays players out of position and leaves the better players on the bench
Than him telling us something we already know
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:21 - Sep 26 with 1141 viewsBicester_North

I think Armstrong looks a good player but he’s out wide or further back quite a lot, he needs to be up front and play off Adams like Ings used to, and we need Perraud starting on the left as KWP is never going to be putting decent crosses in with his left foot.

Adams looks like he’s gone backwards, he got 9 last season but you can’t see him getting that many again, but a quality creator like S Armstrong coming back and if Ralph stops p1ssing about with the full backs should help.

I’m just as concerned about the midfield, JWP looks like he’s been on Ketamine all summer.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:44 - Sep 26 with 1106 viewsRon11

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:21 - Sep 26 by Bicester_North

I think Armstrong looks a good player but he’s out wide or further back quite a lot, he needs to be up front and play off Adams like Ings used to, and we need Perraud starting on the left as KWP is never going to be putting decent crosses in with his left foot.

Adams looks like he’s gone backwards, he got 9 last season but you can’t see him getting that many again, but a quality creator like S Armstrong coming back and if Ralph stops p1ssing about with the full backs should help.

I’m just as concerned about the midfield, JWP looks like he’s been on Ketamine all summer.

You would think that Ralph has learnt that p!ssing about using players out of position including full backs doesn't work by now.
Why was Perraud on the bench? Why?
It defies all logic, as does bringing on Shane Long, leaving Tella on the bench, the negative defensive passing (sideways and back) persisting with McCarthy ( almost all his kicks went straight to Wolves today) and starting Redmond. Oh, and making substitutions after they go behind....everybody else could see what was going to happen, apparently not Ralph.
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:45 - Sep 26 with 1105 viewsSaintsforeverj

Agree with all you say. Ward prowse, I don't know what has happened to him. Ever since he signed a contract extension, and had the injury he has been awful. Armstrong is quick and isn't getting any service but I suspect he won't be as clinical as Ings, who used to create his own chances. The rest, Redmond, Djenepo, Adams and co might as well aim for the back row. Their shooting is atrocious.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 21:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:45 - Sep 26 with 1103 viewssaint22

I think Armstrong has potential but he would be better suited playing Broja I think
JWP looks off the pace and his delivery is poor compared to previously- I wonder if that knee issue that caused him to miss pre season is still an issue
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:47 - Sep 26 with 1098 viewskingolaf

Ralph is a charlatan. I couldn’t give a toss what he says. Really hoping the club grow a pair and sack him.
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 23:25 - Sep 26 with 966 viewsthissceptredsaint

I think if crowds continue to stay away then the club will start getting itchy trigger fingers, I know people are financially under the cosh with wages not keeping up with inflation but even people like myself who thought about going today decided against it as quite frankly for the outlay I wasn't confident I'd get anywhere near a decent spectacle. I have supported saints for many a decade but it doesn't give the club a license to take the mick.

Ok we may be financially constrained, by how much is debatable, but what are Brighton doing right that we are not? It's not all money, we have some decent players, football is a team game and the sum is greater than the part but you've got to give the players you have a chance to play to their strengths and that involves coaching that doesn't just involve how much running you do and obedience.

In a way it's a very old fashioned philosophy Ralph has repackaged.We don't want automatons out there, we want fighters with a bit of artistry. I feel Ralph is starting to make players go stale
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 00:44 - Sep 27 with 932 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The strikers definitely were not good enough. There was a couple of times when a cross or pass was put in that a decent striker would've read and latched onto.

On the other hand, there were probably more times that a BAD cross or pass was made, bad decisions.

Generally it was just low quality all round bar the back 4 who did okay.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 08:06 - Sep 27 with 791 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 23:25 - Sep 26 by thissceptredsaint

I think if crowds continue to stay away then the club will start getting itchy trigger fingers, I know people are financially under the cosh with wages not keeping up with inflation but even people like myself who thought about going today decided against it as quite frankly for the outlay I wasn't confident I'd get anywhere near a decent spectacle. I have supported saints for many a decade but it doesn't give the club a license to take the mick.

Ok we may be financially constrained, by how much is debatable, but what are Brighton doing right that we are not? It's not all money, we have some decent players, football is a team game and the sum is greater than the part but you've got to give the players you have a chance to play to their strengths and that involves coaching that doesn't just involve how much running you do and obedience.

In a way it's a very old fashioned philosophy Ralph has repackaged.We don't want automatons out there, we want fighters with a bit of artistry. I feel Ralph is starting to make players go stale

Unless we start scoring goals we are in for a slog this season which lets be honest, is what most of us expected once Ings decided he wanted off. Our strikers may put in the effort but sadly are they the level required for this league? Fingers crossed Armstrong will be but Adams sadly i don't think is PL material.

Your point about crowds is valid; football at its basic level is an 'entertainment' business and if we don't see goals or entertainment then on top of Covid, PL players earning evermore, cartel clubs wanting to move on etc., then there will continue to be no full houses. For perspective here you could go and watch a PL game for say £30 or you could go and watch three to four bands at Heartbreakers, the Loft or Joiners etc. and see some decent music and be entertained.

Is getting rid of Ralph the answer? It could well be but personally i dread to think what we would get in as a result. Pay peanuts - get monkeys

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 08:55 - Sep 27 with 732 viewsthissceptredsaint

Absolutely it's a complete roll of the dice, it's do-able, despite having what appears to be mediocre strikers we have enough players with a bit more room for improvement to at least try something different. Ralph is not improving himself let alone players. The team of the late 90s was utter gash. Letiss was hardly played even when fit because Jones appeared to have a grudge against flair players. To a degree the absolute gem finding of Pahars saved our skin but overall I don't think this team is any worse than that.

If Hassenhutl doesn't try something different, like playing players in their best positions then we are at high risk of going down anyway. I am tiring of hearing that he is doing a good job with a bad hand, he isn't on the evidence of yesterday. It seems he can't improve one part of the team without losing focus on the rest.

I am a bit old in the tooth for going to see bands but I take your point, for younger people, whats the incentive?

As for the board, they are pretty good at the moment at dodging flack it is all going on Gao and the manager but their scouting isn't exactly top drawer either in terms of - to use a Johnson term, finding 'oven ready' first team players. We aren't the only team with limited resources and we had cash in the bank from the summer sales. More and more of my pals of my generation of Saints fans still follow the club by instinct but would rather go and watch a local non league side and have a pint and a laugh with family without the stress of knowing how much it is going to dent their wallets.
Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 09:08 - Sep 27 with 722 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph admits the strikers arn't good enough on 21:44 - Sep 26 by Ron11

You would think that Ralph has learnt that p!ssing about using players out of position including full backs doesn't work by now.
Why was Perraud on the bench? Why?
It defies all logic, as does bringing on Shane Long, leaving Tella on the bench, the negative defensive passing (sideways and back) persisting with McCarthy ( almost all his kicks went straight to Wolves today) and starting Redmond. Oh, and making substitutions after they go behind....everybody else could see what was going to happen, apparently not Ralph.

He is on the bench because Livramento is a quality right back and he obviously thinks KWP is a better left back than Perraud. We didn’t lose because KWP played at left back. We lost because we didn’t make the most of our opportunities when we got into good positions, which we did on enough occasions to have won the match comfortably. There are no half measures are there. Last week we were robbed hero’s, this week we are relegation certainties and Ralph should go. If we had played like that for all 6 matches so far then yes, perhaps he should go, but we have had a difficult start to the season and have done well against City United and West Ham, all high quality sides. There are a number of poorer sides than us and we need to man up as supporters and accept that we are a bang average side who will get good results and poor results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024