Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 week break 16:57 - Oct 2 with 994 viewssaint22

Get Stuart fit
Play our LB
Get Ralph doing some attacking drills and playing our strikers, Redmond up top is pointless
Hope Newcastle Norwich Burnley stay winless for a long time
2 week break on 17:03 - Oct 2 with 972 viewsSadoldgit

KWP played very well at LB.
2 week break on 17:03 - Oct 2 with 969 viewskingolaf

Get a new manager in to give him a couple of weeks with the squad.
2 week break on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 949 viewssaint22

2 week break on 17:03 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

KWP played very well at LB.

Yes he did but he would play even better in his natural position with Tino ahead of him
To not even try that smacks of naivety or stubbornness
2 week break on 17:10 - Oct 2 with 948 viewsSadoldgit

2 week break on 17:03 - Oct 2 by kingolaf

Get a new manager in to give him a couple of weeks with the squad.

Would a new manager get a draw against United, City and West Ham. Up until the sending off we put in a decent performance against a top quality side today. We are an average Premiership side. I don’t think a new manager will make much difference.
2 week break on 17:12 - Oct 2 with 942 viewsRon11

2 week break on 17:10 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

Would a new manager get a draw against United, City and West Ham. Up until the sending off we put in a decent performance against a top quality side today. We are an average Premiership side. I don’t think a new manager will make much difference.

I do.
2 week break on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 921 viewsWestEndBoy

With a 2 week break and 2 winnable home games I think there may be a high chance of a managerial change.usually late on a Sunday night with saints
2 week break on 17:59 - Oct 2 with 906 viewsPatfromPoole

We won’t beat the teams we have to beat with Ralph in charge.

Plucky draws and close defeats get you nowhere. Other than down.

We have zero goal threat in open play. Other than Stuart Armstrong and Che Adams.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

2 week break on 18:03 - Oct 2 with 904 viewsBicester_North

2 week break on 17:59 - Oct 2 by PatfromPoole

We won’t beat the teams we have to beat with Ralph in charge.

Plucky draws and close defeats get you nowhere. Other than down.

We have zero goal threat in open play. Other than Stuart Armstrong and Che Adams.

Last season we did. That was with Ings playing in most of the games though.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

2 week break on 18:43 - Oct 2 with 875 viewsSadoldgit

2 week break on 17:12 - Oct 2 by Ron11

I do.

Fair enough. But I expected us to have 4 points at this stage so I am not going to call for the managers head over 1 point.
2 week break on 10:13 - Oct 3 with 697 viewsRon11

I don't think they're an average side.
There are some very good players in there and set up right they could well be a top half side.
For example when did we see Adam Armstrong with the ball at his feet yesterday?
Not very often.
2 week break on 10:55 - Oct 3 with 674 viewsSadoldgit

2 week break on 10:13 - Oct 3 by Ron11

I don't think they're an average side.
There are some very good players in there and set up right they could well be a top half side.
For example when did we see Adam Armstrong with the ball at his feet yesterday?
Not very often.

We have had a tough run of games. The only game that was very poor was against Wolves and even then we were the superior side but couldn’t find a goal. The next 5 games will be more indicative of where we are. To me it looks as though Ralph has been working in shoring up the defence but at the expense of our attacking threat. Just look at the way Chelsea got men forward yesterday but we didn’t attack in numbers. That still worked ok up until the sending off and we actually looked like getting something out of the game until JWP went off. Armstrong has clearly been a big miss and his return will help our attacking options, just a shame that he comes back at the time we lose JWP for 3 games.
2 week break on 20:15 - Oct 5 with 558 viewsSadoldgit

The good news is that Will Smallborne played in the first half for the u21s against Charlton tonight. The bad news is that we are 3-0 down at half time and he didn’t come out for the second half.
2 week break on 10:54 - Oct 6 with 468 viewsSonicBoom

The issue for me is that we rarely get the ball to our central striker in a good position.

I felt the same when we had Ings. He could go for long periods of the game and never see the ball. The same is happening to Armstrong. He's not tall so crossing in the air is mostly pointless. He seems to have two qualities. Quick feet and good movement into the channels between defenders.
So that generally needs forward passes slid down the sides of defenders and balls straight in to his feet when he's in the box. However we seem obsessed with getting the ball to our left and right backs and keeping it wide via the wingers. Not only does service from wide areas not really suit Armstrong, our delivery from those wingers is often terrible too.
So you look at Armstrong and he rarely gets a chance. Slide him through as we did against Everton and he looks a decent finisher.
Playing as we do would be good if we still had Pelle but it really isn't helping Armstrong.

Ralph is notoriously stubborn with his "playbook" but we've had 5 wins all year and similar with the B team, so maybe he needs a rethink.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024