Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam McQueen 17:42 - Jan 1 with 2128 viewspjt50

Inevitable I guess, but still a bit sad:

Always came across as a genuine & intelligent guy. Hopefully he'll go on to achieve something in another career.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Sam McQueen on 20:38 - Jan 1 with 1971 viewsA1079

Incredibly sad and difficult for him. He has shown great dignity. Hope he does well in whatever he does for the future.
Sam McQueen on 21:55 - Jan 1 with 1916 viewskernow

A premature end to a promising career.
A genuine, down to earth young man who will make the most of his life and good wishes go with him.
Sam McQueen on 21:59 - Jan 1 with 1910 views1885_SFC

As the missus said earlier - bless his cottons!

Good luck to the lad. Hope he finds a career in life that he loves - hopefully within the game still.

Old School is Cool

Sam McQueen on 09:43 - Jan 2 with 1699 viewsSaintNick

Sam McQueen on 21:59 - Jan 1 by 1885_SFC

As the missus said earlier - bless his cottons!

Good luck to the lad. Hope he finds a career in life that he loves - hopefully within the game still.

It's really sad to see that he has had to retire and I truly hope that he now goes on to be successful in whatever he does.

Saints have looked after him over the past 3 years and that has been good to see.

Sadly if he hadn't been injured I don't think he would have gone on to had a future at St Mary's, at 23 he had only started 6 games for the club in the league plus another 14 as sub and when he went to Boro on loan he started just 1 league game and 4 off the bench.

I think he would like a lot of Saints academy players over the years have enjoyed a decent career in the lower leagues.

Ironically it was League cup game and a rare start for him that saw the injury that has ended his career.

Sorry to be a bit factual about his career, as I say I wish him well and truly hope he finds his niche in whatever he wants to do next

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sam McQueen on 19:17 - Jan 2 with 1583 viewsButty101

Sam McQueen on 09:43 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

It's really sad to see that he has had to retire and I truly hope that he now goes on to be successful in whatever he does.

Saints have looked after him over the past 3 years and that has been good to see.

Sadly if he hadn't been injured I don't think he would have gone on to had a future at St Mary's, at 23 he had only started 6 games for the club in the league plus another 14 as sub and when he went to Boro on loan he started just 1 league game and 4 off the bench.

I think he would like a lot of Saints academy players over the years have enjoyed a decent career in the lower leagues.

Ironically it was League cup game and a rare start for him that saw the injury that has ended his career.

Sorry to be a bit factual about his career, as I say I wish him well and truly hope he finds his niche in whatever he wants to do next

What’s the point of having to be “factual” and bringing the thread down? I don’t think anyone said he was going to be a world beater.

You could have spun it, how he tore Inter Milan a new one in the San Siro or that he got an Eng U21 cap. But that would mean being glass half full

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Sam McQueen on 01:34 - Jan 3 with 1513 viewsDorsetIan

Sam McQueen on 09:43 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

Who knows what might have been. Suspect he would have got a few games last year!

Just very sad.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sam McQueen on 11:04 - Jan 3 with 1437 viewsSaintNick

Sam McQueen on 19:17 - Jan 2 by Butty101

What’s the point of having to be “factual” and bringing the thread down? I don’t think anyone said he was going to be a world beater.

You could have spun it, how he tore Inter Milan a new one in the San Siro or that he got an Eng U21 cap. But that would mean being glass half full

You are right I could have spun it, but it wouldnt have been the truth, I think it far better to recognise him for what he was and not what he wasn't

Sam McQueen deserves his place in the list of Saints players in that he was a product of our academy and one of those who would have made a living in the game had he not suffered the injury.

So lets celebrate him for what he was not what he wasn't

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024