Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them 17:05 - Jan 7 with 1479 viewsElijahK

Hearing many fans give mixed opinions on these, with most agreeing that it shouldn’t be allowed (but whether the PL/FA actually do anything or not, we all know the answer to) but other than the Newcastle fans and odd neutral here and there most seem to agree it shouldn’t be allowed (especially if you’ve not even played the team once) seeing how there certainly has been some dodgy postponements

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 17:52 - Jan 7 with 1439 viewsTimSaint

It's a fair point.

Newcastle have the most to gain with postponing matches, as they have their best players injured and have already signed an England International this transfer window, so will definitely be stronger when the games are rearranged.

They had enough players available to fulfill our fixture, but chose to get it postponed, to give them an advantage. Whereas we played Spurs with 6 regulars out with Covid or Injury.

Not sure Ralph/Moyes/FA will be able to get 14 Clubs to vote in favour of this though, which is what is needed in order to get a rule change passed. (Probably why Klopp can't get his 5 subs rule change implemented).

A few things to consider....

Have Brentford signed anyone this window ?
Can we ask them not to field their new signings next week ?
I expect Ivan Tony will play against us, but he was supposed to be one of their players out with Covid on Dec 18th, so does that mean we should be asking the FA to ensure he doesn't play against us, as this is a rearranged fixture ?

I expect it will come to nothing, but at least we are speaking out about it.

TimSaint

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 19:20 - Jan 7 with 1339 viewsStAnt

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 17:52 - Jan 7 by TimSaint

It's a fair point.

Newcastle have the most to gain with postponing matches, as they have their best players injured and have already signed an England International this transfer window, so will definitely be stronger when the games are rearranged.

They had enough players available to fulfill our fixture, but chose to get it postponed, to give them an advantage. Whereas we played Spurs with 6 regulars out with Covid or Injury.

Not sure Ralph/Moyes/FA will be able to get 14 Clubs to vote in favour of this though, which is what is needed in order to get a rule change passed. (Probably why Klopp can't get his 5 subs rule change implemented).

A few things to consider....

Have Brentford signed anyone this window ?
Can we ask them not to field their new signings next week ?
I expect Ivan Tony will play against us, but he was supposed to be one of their players out with Covid on Dec 18th, so does that mean we should be asking the FA to ensure he doesn't play against us, as this is a rearranged fixture ?

I expect it will come to nothing, but at least we are speaking out about it.

I detest what Newcastle did because there is no doubt in my mind that, when Wilson and ASM were injured against Man Utd, they almost immediately began plotting to get games postponed. They played the system or cheated whichever you want to call it. Doubt anything will be done and Newcastle will have gained an advantage when they play us and Everton which were the two games they managed to con the Premier League into calling off. I just hope we use this as the incentive to beat them when the game is rearranged and would love to see them go down but, poor as their results were in the first half of the season, other teams fared as badly so somehow they are still in touch. Their spending power is likely to see them climb out of the hole they're in.
Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 20:11 - Jan 7 with 1293 viewssolent_toffee

I think he has a point but can’t see anyone taking any notice.

I can see Newcastle buying their way out of the relegation places too.
Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 21:11 - Jan 7 with 1224 viewskingslandstand1

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 20:11 - Jan 7 by solent_toffee

I think he has a point but can’t see anyone taking any notice.

I can see Newcastle buying their way out of the relegation places too.

Also as I have read elsewhere (or on here) before, with the money NUFC now have, the Prem would want them to stay up
Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 1172 viewsElijahK

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 19:20 - Jan 7 by StAnt

I detest what Newcastle did because there is no doubt in my mind that, when Wilson and ASM were injured against Man Utd, they almost immediately began plotting to get games postponed. They played the system or cheated whichever you want to call it. Doubt anything will be done and Newcastle will have gained an advantage when they play us and Everton which were the two games they managed to con the Premier League into calling off. I just hope we use this as the incentive to beat them when the game is rearranged and would love to see them go down but, poor as their results were in the first half of the season, other teams fared as badly so somehow they are still in touch. Their spending power is likely to see them climb out of the hole they're in.

Yeah well everyone saw that coming and only the Newcastle fans won’t except it, as the exact same happened with Klopp getting their EFL cup game against Arsenal called off because of basically the same reason, even though it was injuries to their star players that was their issue not Covid.
But the PL does f all about it, and just won’t do anything, even though they should.
But still I’d love it if we do sign some great player (like Bale if we somehow pulled it off (and no I don’t think we will, it was just an example of someone who could do it)) that we signed in January, get a hattrick against them and get the win, just so we can rub it in their salty cheating faces!
Just hope they go down now though, especially with how much they’re paying some of the overrated players they’re signing

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 00:22 - Jan 8 with 1070 viewsSadoldgit

This is a tricky one. For starters, it’s about one club playing another rather than individual players. Ralph made the point himself that we could also buy more and better players so Newcastle could be arguing the some point. I don’t see how the argument can stand up once the EPL have agreed that the match be postponed. There are no rules to cover the situation and it seems wrong to bring something in retrospectively. It should have been dealt with prior to the matches being postponed if the issue is that big. Trippier is now a Newcastle player and part of the club. We have to play Newcastle. It is possible that they still have some of their better players out injured when the match is rearranged. It is also possible that we have our better players not available when the match is rearranged. What are the EPL supposed to do that will keep everyone happy?
Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 08:12 - Jan 8 with 989 viewscocklebreath

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 00:22 - Jan 8 by Sadoldgit

This is a tricky one. For starters, it’s about one club playing another rather than individual players. Ralph made the point himself that we could also buy more and better players so Newcastle could be arguing the some point. I don’t see how the argument can stand up once the EPL have agreed that the match be postponed. There are no rules to cover the situation and it seems wrong to bring something in retrospectively. It should have been dealt with prior to the matches being postponed if the issue is that big. Trippier is now a Newcastle player and part of the club. We have to play Newcastle. It is possible that they still have some of their better players out injured when the match is rearranged. It is also possible that we have our better players not available when the match is rearranged. What are the EPL supposed to do that will keep everyone happy?

They shouldn’t have left themselves open to clubs abusing the system, make teams play the games, every game called off I’m willing to bet could have been played.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 11:02 - Jan 8 with 908 viewsSadoldgit

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 08:12 - Jan 8 by cocklebreath

They shouldn’t have left themselves open to clubs abusing the system, make teams play the games, every game called off I’m willing to bet could have been played.

I completely agree. They have had plenty of time to come up with a protocol and clubs have to deal with injuries all the time. There are large squads, under 23’s etc. to call on as we did against United. Covid is a bugger but then so are multiple injuries. Of course games should be called off in exceptional circumstances, but as you say, clubs should not be able to use Covid as a get out of jail card if they have several players out for other reasons.
They were discussing it on TalkSport yesterday morning and seemed to agree that we have a point and that it does need to be looked at.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 11:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 11:18 - Jan 8 with 898 viewsElijahK

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 00:22 - Jan 8 by Sadoldgit

Ok but there were originally no rules to say that games should be getting postponed for a few players having covid/injuries and the club being the one to tell the FA of who’s got what (or at least if it was a rule it had never been used before), as in the past (other than for weather reasons), ether the whole GW’s fixtures were called off for covid, or none were. It wasn’t a puck and mix mess like it is today, hence why there are so many new rules/regulations getting added/proposed as each day goes by
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 11:20]

Moyes and Ralph want postponed games to not have the new signings in them on 11:58 - Jan 8 with 871 viewsStAnt

The Premier League have made a rod for their own back. Like injuries any player can be hit by Covid so it's a level playing field. No need to treat Covid losses any different than injuries and no Premier League club would ever be unable to field a team even if that means calling on young, inexperienced players from U23s. We had to do exactly this when faced with a pile up of injuries last season - don't remember any sympathy coming our way just the continuing ridicule that we lost 9-0 to Man Utd plus the ref. No games should have been postponed because of Covid. Now matches are having to be rearranged and Newcastle, with their sudden-found wealth, can take an unfair advantage after playing the system when Wilson and ASM were injured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024