Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's up for this? 10:13 - Jan 1 with 2225 viewskentsouthampton

The tramp clown looking to flood the country with Indians.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-plans-visa-deal-to-tempt-india-into-trade-
Who's up for this? on 10:49 - Jan 1 with 2176 viewsthissceptredsaint

I have nothing against Indians or indeed any other nationals. But for the first time since 2007 low paid British workers are starting to see their wages rise a little due to covid and Brexit. This will just kick them in the nads just when energy food and fuel prices have been shooting up. I can't see this going down well in the Tory red wall and will fuel racists wanting to exploit division
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 10:50]
Who's up for this? on 10:56 - Jan 1 with 2160 viewsSadoldgit

So instead of flooding the country with Europeans as part of a trade deal we are going to flood the country with Indians as part of a trade deal. That isn’t going to go down well amongst the xenophobes. Still, we got our country back 😉
Who's up for this? on 11:02 - Jan 1 with 2152 viewsdirk_doone

Ultimately one of the aims of those behind Brexit was to replace more expensive EU workers with cheap labour from Africa and Asia.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who's up for this? on 11:44 - Jan 1 with 2093 viewsSadoldgit

Wasn’t the original anti immigrant stance over here against cheap Labour from Europe? If we start importing even cheaper labour won’t that help drive down wages more? The problem we have is that there are a number of jobs that the Brits just don’t won’t to do and without migrants, where ever they come from, we are stuffed.
Who's up for this? on 12:23 - Jan 1 with 2040 viewsthissceptredsaint

It's not that Brits don't want to do, it's that they can't afford to do them with the cost of living. Please stop knocking fellow Brits. Our NHS would fall over even today without phillipino care assistants, Jamaican nurses, British and middle Eastern Muslims allowing their non Muslim workers a break over Xmas. I am talking about the way the EU and wider Europe has been used to import cheap labour into sectors such as warehousing and logistics, even up to some finance jobs. We have now had generations of Brits denied apprenticeship opportunities outside the forces and a casualised minimum wage trapped workforce in jobs even though low skilled are still more reliant on skills than before. If Indians are going to be used to keep these types of workers wages and opportunities down again then we are just piling on the misery. So much for Be irises bright uplands. Give me our people the chance to earn a proper living wage with money left at the end of the week
Who's up for this? on 14:57 - Jan 1 with 1909 viewsDorsetIan

Who's up for this? on 12:23 - Jan 1 by thissceptredsaint

It's not that Brits don't want to do, it's that they can't afford to do them with the cost of living. Please stop knocking fellow Brits. Our NHS would fall over even today without phillipino care assistants, Jamaican nurses, British and middle Eastern Muslims allowing their non Muslim workers a break over Xmas. I am talking about the way the EU and wider Europe has been used to import cheap labour into sectors such as warehousing and logistics, even up to some finance jobs. We have now had generations of Brits denied apprenticeship opportunities outside the forces and a casualised minimum wage trapped workforce in jobs even though low skilled are still more reliant on skills than before. If Indians are going to be used to keep these types of workers wages and opportunities down again then we are just piling on the misery. So much for Be irises bright uplands. Give me our people the chance to earn a proper living wage with money left at the end of the week

Speaking to a property guy yesterday he said that,yes, there are labour shortages and the costs of materials have gone up significantly but his bigger problem is that he struggles to get people to do overtime because, with furloughs and lockdowns, they have now had a taste of doing other things apart from work all the time, and they like it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Who's up for this? on 15:17 - Jan 1 with 1888 viewsdirk_doone

More cheap labour being shipped in:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/three-times-as-many-migrants-crossed-chann

The new immigrants from Asia and Africa are prepared to accept lower standards of living than European workers, and most of them are young men who will live in shared accommodation so they can survive on lower wages.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 15:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who's up for this? on 16:23 - Jan 1 with 1822 viewsSadoldgit

Who's up for this? on 12:23 - Jan 1 by thissceptredsaint

Unfortunately I have heard too many stories about Brits in the workplace not to be cynical. A guy I work for part time employs a few sub contractors on a daily rate. They don’t expect to work all day though and look to go home if the main job finishes at lunchtime with a full days pay. If they do part of a day they expect a full day’s wages. If they can get away with cash jobs to avoid tax they are all over it. I have spoken to a guy who produces wine and he says he has trouble with employing Brits because of multitudes of reasons whereas the foreign workers that pitch up just get on with it and work hard. I have many tales of the Great British workman from my time in the print in the 1970’s when the unions ruled the roost and talking to the husband of the landlady of my local the other day who works on the railways they are still taking the piss out of their employers.
My wife looks after the maintenance for a letting agency and, every day, she has problems in getting workmen to do jobs for her.
Of course not everyone is workshy or on the take, but I have seen enough from my working experience to know that the picture is not as rosy as you make out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 17:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Who's up for this? on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 1779 viewskingolaf

A labour shortage when we have an underclass of pyjama-wearing, smoking, lazy arses who think the state owes them a living.
Who's up for this? on 17:49 - Jan 1 with 1736 viewsHeisenberg

Who's up for this? on 17:03 - Jan 1 by kingolaf

A labour shortage when we have an underclass of pyjama-wearing, smoking, lazy arses who think the state owes them a living.

Totally agree. Johnson Hancock Raab and others are complete arsewipes.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Who's up for this? on 09:40 - Jan 3 with 1443 viewsBerber

Who's up for this? on 14:57 - Jan 1 by DorsetIan

Speaking to a property guy yesterday he said that,yes, there are labour shortages and the costs of materials have gone up significantly but his bigger problem is that he struggles to get people to do overtime because, with furloughs and lockdowns, they have now had a taste of doing other things apart from work all the time, and they like it.

Hooray, and long may it last. If economic success is based on modern slavery, 24x7 working patterns and zero hours contracts, it isn't worth it. We shouldn't need the EU to set the right direction for us if we can do it ourselves though.
Who's up for this? on 12:00 - Jan 9 with 1266 viewskernow

I used to work a lot in Norway where there is no such thing as overtime.
If you, as an employer need more productivity, then you must employ more people.
I like it there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024