Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford beat Burnley 17:57 - Mar 12 with 1137 viewsCenturion

I suppose a good result for us.
Keeps a 14 point gap from our position and relegation. I know this sounds pessimistic, but I won't be relaxed until we reach 40 points.
Hoping we get three off Watford.
Brentford beat Burnley on 18:11 - Mar 12 with 1108 viewsSaintsforeverj

Watford could be on joint points with Everton with a win tomorrow. It's still all to play for at the bottom. Watford aren't dead and buried by any means, so it could be a tough game.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 18:13]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Brentford beat Burnley on 18:37 - Mar 12 with 1077 viewscocklebreath

I reckon we could be docked 3 points and still stay up, the bottom 3 are hopeless

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brentford beat Burnley on 18:53 - Mar 12 with 1062 viewsBicester_North

I thought Burnley could still grind their way out but reckon they’re buggered now

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Brentford beat Burnley on 21:43 - Mar 12 with 959 viewsA1079

I generally tend to have the same approach Centurion. There is something about getting to 40 points.

I don't think we will find Watford easy because we struggle against sides that are hard to break through and you start to wonder with 2 defeats in a row whether the players mindset will be slightly nervous. Confidence is a strange thing, it can propel when things are going well but it is often wafer thin.

3 points will erase some doubts another defeat will start to create the sense of a business end of the season slump.
Brentford beat Burnley on 11:41 - Mar 13 with 794 viewsTimSaint

Brentford beat Burnley on 21:43 - Mar 12 by A1079

I generally tend to have the same approach Centurion. There is something about getting to 40 points.

I don't think we will find Watford easy because we struggle against sides that are hard to break through and you start to wonder with 2 defeats in a row whether the players mindset will be slightly nervous. Confidence is a strange thing, it can propel when things are going well but it is often wafer thin.

3 points will erase some doubts another defeat will start to create the sense of a business end of the season slump.

Wolves just beat them 4-0, so they will probably be a little less adventurous up front today, preferring to defend in numbers and try to hit us on the break - ala Newcastle.

We need an early goal and a good, solid performance, not only to boost our league position, but to lift the fans and give us confidence going into the Q Final next weekend.

Failure to perform today and next weekend, will no doubt have certain media claiming we are on the beach already.

TimSaint

Brentford beat Burnley on 12:53 - Mar 13 with 742 viewskingslandstand1

Brentford beat Burnley on 11:41 - Mar 13 by TimSaint

Wolves just beat them 4-0, so they will probably be a little less adventurous up front today, preferring to defend in numbers and try to hit us on the break - ala Newcastle.

We need an early goal and a good, solid performance, not only to boost our league position, but to lift the fans and give us confidence going into the Q Final next weekend.

Failure to perform today and next weekend, will no doubt have certain media claiming we are on the beach already.

Problem is we as proven against the Geordies, are just not good enough at breaking down teams that play defensively even though they just got stuffed.

There was a recent poll ot twitter asking if there is one player you would keep above all others until end of their playing days who would it be. May be a topic for another thread, but I said Armstrong (S) as he is one of the few that does actually create and can take players o to break teams down. You could also add KWP to that but we need to do something today to get that momentum back

You are right though, we need that early goal and hope that previous results against Watford and Hodgson carry on working in our favour
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024