Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to move forward 16:00 - Aug 8 with 803 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58169/watt-view--logical

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 704 viewsSadoldgit

Wasn’t it Depp’s or Broja? It seems that we were nteresyed in either so clearly more than just the Delap option. Also if City were not interested in a deal early on do you really think we would have carried on chasing him regardless? They could have been interested at first and then changed their minds. Perhaps we wanted an option to buy but they were against it. There are all kinds of reasons why deals are protracted and don’t happen in the end. We have been linked with several striker signings this summer so I don’t think it is a case of not having back up options, just trying to get the preferred deals done whilst keeping tabs on back up options. If I was an agent with a Prem team sniffing round I would want to see what other options might be on the table before making a decision. There are plenty of teams who want a Prem level goalscorer for the sort of money that we can spend on fees and wages so it was never going to be easy. Broja got 15/20 minutes for Chelsea on Saturday. Was he in the shop window or do they intend to keep him? Word is that Chelsea have been messing us around all summer. We know that we don’t have a bottomless pit when it comes to money for new plays. I think we should cut the club some slack and give them credit for their efforts in putting an EPL squad together on a relative pittance. Joe Aribo was an absolute bargain but we aren’t going to pick up a 20 goal a season player as easily.
Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 17:07 - Aug 8 with 692 viewssaints__fan__73

Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 17:03 - Aug 8 by Sadoldgit

Wasn’t it Depp’s or Broja? It seems that we were nteresyed in either so clearly more than just the Delap option. Also if City were not interested in a deal early on do you really think we would have carried on chasing him regardless? They could have been interested at first and then changed their minds. Perhaps we wanted an option to buy but they were against it. There are all kinds of reasons why deals are protracted and don’t happen in the end. We have been linked with several striker signings this summer so I don’t think it is a case of not having back up options, just trying to get the preferred deals done whilst keeping tabs on back up options. If I was an agent with a Prem team sniffing round I would want to see what other options might be on the table before making a decision. There are plenty of teams who want a Prem level goalscorer for the sort of money that we can spend on fees and wages so it was never going to be easy. Broja got 15/20 minutes for Chelsea on Saturday. Was he in the shop window or do they intend to keep him? Word is that Chelsea have been messing us around all summer. We know that we don’t have a bottomless pit when it comes to money for new plays. I think we should cut the club some slack and give them credit for their efforts in putting an EPL squad together on a relative pittance. Joe Aribo was an absolute bargain but we aren’t going to pick up a 20 goal a season player as easily.

We let a 20 goal a season player leave pretty easily though?

If only we gave him Theo's wages...
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 17:08]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 20:42 - Aug 8 with 521 viewshedgeend61

Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 17:07 - Aug 8 by saints__fan__73

We let a 20 goal a season player leave pretty easily though?

If only we gave him Theo's wages...
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 17:08]

|it wasn't about the money though was it, he went to Villa to win things

Or something like that
Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 21:33 - Aug 8 with 482 viewsSaintNick

Watt View - Logical decisions, transparency and ability to adapt are needed to m on 20:42 - Aug 8 by hedgeend61

|it wasn't about the money though was it, he went to Villa to win things

Or something like that

Lets not let the truth get in the way of a good moan, there is a shortage of wild horses in Southampton due to the overworking of them to drag every player kicking and screaming to another club

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024