Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SPOTY 07:38 - Dec 22 with 955 viewsA1079

I was not that engaged with the programme but what I saw of it, I thought Beth Mead did not look in a good place at all.
SPOTY on 09:20 - Dec 22 with 828 viewsSonicBoom

I guess it's nice for her to win, as she's had a bad injury and her mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer but I have to say that this constant lauding of the "lionesses" (another phrase that is utterly cringeworthy), is ridiculous.
It was great they won but there are very few decent teams - and they won the Euros not the WC. There is literally no comparison between the mens and womens game.
As for SPOTY I can't believe Matt Fitzpatrick won the US Open and didn't even get nominated.
SPOTY on 09:31 - Dec 22 with 807 viewskingslandstand1

SPOTY on 09:20 - Dec 22 by SonicBoom

I guess it's nice for her to win, as she's had a bad injury and her mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer but I have to say that this constant lauding of the "lionesses" (another phrase that is utterly cringeworthy), is ridiculous.
It was great they won but there are very few decent teams - and they won the Euros not the WC. There is literally no comparison between the mens and womens game.
As for SPOTY I can't believe Matt Fitzpatrick won the US Open and didn't even get nominated.

The trouble with Matt Fitzpatrick is that he's a white heterosexual male who just happened to win one of the biggest Majors and has got up to No.9 in the world apparently! And not even making the short list!

Beth Mead has done well and so did the England women, but what about the English (men's) cricket team?
SPOTY on 12:01 - Dec 22 with 712 viewsBazza

SPOTY on 09:31 - Dec 22 by kingslandstand1

The trouble with Matt Fitzpatrick is that he's a white heterosexual male who just happened to win one of the biggest Majors and has got up to No.9 in the world apparently! And not even making the short list!

Beth Mead has done well and so did the England women, but what about the English (men's) cricket team?

Might be that the woman's football was on bbc and the cricket was on subscription channel so with less viewers. In any case fewer schools and probably less adults play or watch cricket these days.
SPOTY on 13:54 - Dec 22 with 629 viewsGRIM

SPOTY on 12:01 - Dec 22 by Bazza

Might be that the woman's football was on bbc and the cricket was on subscription channel so with less viewers. In any case fewer schools and probably less adults play or watch cricket these days.

Disagree with the comment regarding the number of people watching cricket days.
Have you been to any of the limited over cricket recently, those matches are very well attended.
Limited over cricket is the future, it is actually quite exciting unlike five day test cricket which just goes on far too long.
SPOTY on 15:23 - Dec 22 with 583 viewsButty101

The BBC clearly have an agenda to promote women sport, i gets from a content perspective its all they can afford.
You only have to look at the front page of the bbc sports website to see all the mens and woman stories mixed together. The amount of times ive clicked on a football story thinking its about the mens game and it turns out its not....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

SPOTY on 15:28 - Dec 22 with 566 viewskingslandstand1

SPOTY on 13:54 - Dec 22 by GRIM

Disagree with the comment regarding the number of people watching cricket days.
Have you been to any of the limited over cricket recently, those matches are very well attended.
Limited over cricket is the future, it is actually quite exciting unlike five day test cricket which just goes on far too long.

But the latest England Test matches have been pretty worthwhile, with them playing almost like a limited overs match. Makes a lot of difference if it's your team I suppose
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024