Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is The Grass Greener For Those Southampton Players Who Left In The Summer 11:05 - Oct 23 with 915 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61118/is-the-grass-green

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Is The Grass Greener For Those Southampton Players Who Left In The Summer on 11:16 - Oct 23 with 896 viewsButty101

I thought you where saying Lyon had to but Duje Ćaleta-Car and that the fee was a loan right now to help them dodge ffp.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Is The Grass Greener For Those Southampton Players Who Left In The Summer on 13:41 - Oct 23 with 772 viewsPatfromPoole

Perraud was never back-up.

He was our first choice LB.

To say he would not have fitted into Martin’s system is nonsense; Martin’s system actually requires full-backs with pace to help prevent counter-attacks when we overload the oppo’s final third on the attack.

Interesting (bizarre I would prefer to say) that Martin has instead chosen to use a LB with absolutely no pace.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Is The Grass Greener For Those Southampton Players Who Left In The Summer on 14:06 - Oct 23 with 755 viewsSaintNick

Is The Grass Greener For Those Southampton Players Who Left In The Summer on 13:41 - Oct 23 by PatfromPoole

Perraud was never back-up.

He was our first choice LB.

To say he would not have fitted into Martin’s system is nonsense; Martin’s system actually requires full-backs with pace to help prevent counter-attacks when we overload the oppo’s final third on the attack.

Interesting (bizarre I would prefer to say) that Martin has instead chosen to use a LB with absolutely no pace.

Sorry Pat but the stats say otherwise.

In his first premier League season he started 18 games, came off the bench twice and another 15 as an unused sub and was out injured 3 times, the first choice full back pairing was Livramento on the right and KWP on the left. He started most of his games in two bursts when either Livramento or KWP were injured.

Last season he started 22 games, substituted in 7, unused on the bench 2 times and missed 5 games injured, at certain times Lyanco was in at right back with KWP on the left.

So sorry, but Perraud was back up for most of his spell at St Mary's, the injury to Livramento keeping him out for a year gave him more games last year than he would have got, but he still only started half the games he could have.

Martin's system requires the full backs to have pace to get forward and attack and also to get back, he was never a wing back type player whereas KWP & Livramento were, they had the engine to do so and Perraud didn't in a traditional style back four he was a good defender, but he couldn't do both.

Martin's system isn't about pace, it is about passing the ball and then getting it to the attackers who have pace.

I quite liked Perraud but I could see his limitations, if he was a proven first choice Premier League player then he would have been snapped up by a Premier League club, but there was no interest, instead he has gone to Lyon where he can't get in there team.

You say it is bizarre that Martin chose Mannning, it is actually quite the opposite, Manning had played under Martin and last season scored 5 goals and had 10 assists in 43 League games, last season he was one of the best left backs in the Championship, I don't think he is Premier League class, but if it's horses for courses then Manning was the logical choice

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is The Grass Greener For Those Southampton Players Who Left In The Summer on 22:26 - Oct 23 with 583 viewshedgeend61

Nick, I didn't think Lyon (bottom of the league 3 points from 27) copped 3 of our duds to warm their bench, Perraud's actually joined Nice and has played about 1/2 hour in seven games off the bench.

Many goons on here saying these players (and others) were PL standard, it's the managers fault, well these boys aren't pulling up trees in inferior leagues are they?
They may even get a full game now and again

Ketchup struggling as well

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/unhappy-10m-ace-struggling-after-southa

“He can’t handle the level yet. You can see that in him,” the former PSV, Ajax and Anderlecht coach tells the Eindhovens Dagblad.

“He is unhappy. Balls jump away (out of his control) at the first pass, and he cannot make good play-in passes. The level is very high.”

Dutch league level very high? Honestly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024