Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict 10:55 - Oct 26 with 1110 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61145/southampton-at-pre

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 11:21 - Oct 26 with 1049 viewsPatfromPoole

Comical defence of Mara again; Bazunu has scored more goals than him this season, and I would expect that Mara will not overtake him by the end of this season.

James Bree was nowhere near bad enough for us to have missed Ryan Manning.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 11:54 - Oct 26 with 982 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 11:21 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

Comical defence of Mara again; Bazunu has scored more goals than him this season, and I would expect that Mara will not overtake him by the end of this season.

Mara no worse than abject? I guess Nick has a point...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 12:01 - Oct 26 with 970 viewsSP4Saint

I'm not sure what is said at half-time but I'm pretty sure that the re-start was not part of the script. What a complete f**k up which nearly led to a bizarre goal after about 5 seconds! What followed in the next ten minutes was not a surprise.
I appreciate the style of football that Martin is trying to impose on the team and it can work when used at the right time in the right manner with the right players. Strange how last night our first goal came from a great direct run from the back by Janny B which set up a defender using his weaker foot to score and our equaliser coming from our goalkeeper. I will bet that neither scenario had been thought of in advance, yet hours probably spent tip tapping around in practice.
What Martin sees in Mara I do not know - the guy wouldn't get into any other team in this league. Thought Bree did ok albeit a bit short of match practice. Holgate did well against some tough old brutes.
I'm not sure what to think after watching that last night - I feel confused!!
Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 12:53 - Oct 26 with 883 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 11:21 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

Pat where did I put any sort of "Comical defence" up of Mara, what I wrote was.

"The second half saw Che Adams off and Sekou Mara on and initially it looked comfortable for Saints, I have seen some criticism of this change, but truthfully Adams did little in the first half and Mara was no worse in the second, it didn't change the game either way."

All I said was that it didn't change the game one bit, where is that praising Mara of defending him.

James Bree gave the ball away for the second goal and was left floundering with Edozie having to chase the man back.

Sometimes your blind hatred for several of our players clouds the issues, if you thought James Bree had a swashbuckling game down the right hand side especially in the last 30 minutes when we had plenty of the ball but failed to use our advantage down their left and get in any telling crosses then I stand corrected.

Bree is a defender not a wing back, im not criticising him I am just telling you how I saw it, he isn't the type of player to create chances.

You need to check your facts before making comments, Mara and Bazunu are level on the goals tally, if you had said Ched Evans you might have had a point .

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 13:13 - Oct 26 with 837 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 12:53 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

Pat where did I put any sort of "Comical defence" up of Mara, what I wrote was.

"The second half saw Che Adams off and Sekou Mara on and initially it looked comfortable for Saints, I have seen some criticism of this change, but truthfully Adams did little in the first half and Mara was no worse in the second, it didn't change the game either way."

All I said was that it didn't change the game one bit, where is that praising Mara of defending him.

James Bree gave the ball away for the second goal and was left floundering with Edozie having to chase the man back.

Sometimes your blind hatred for several of our players clouds the issues, if you thought James Bree had a swashbuckling game down the right hand side especially in the last 30 minutes when we had plenty of the ball but failed to use our advantage down their left and get in any telling crosses then I stand corrected.

Bree is a defender not a wing back, im not criticising him I am just telling you how I saw it, he isn't the type of player to create chances.

You need to check your facts before making comments, Mara and Bazunu are level on the goals tally, if you had said Ched Evans you might have had a point .

I don't have a blind hatred of players.

It just pains me to see them on the pitch when they are obvious weak links and they hold the team back.

Any player can have an off-day, it happens to the best of them; but when you consistently see the same players fail to deliver any quality or notable contribution, this has to be called out.

Being as high as 5th in the table is despite the likes of Manning and Mara, not because of them.

Mara does next to nothing to help us in an attacking sense. Manning consistently has to be bailed out by our CB's as he is so weak defensively and very slow. How he got in a "Team of the Championship" last season is completely beyond my comprehension.

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 13:28 - Oct 26 with 829 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 13:13 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

I don't have a blind hatred of players.

It just pains me to see them on the pitch when they are obvious weak links and they hold the team back.

Any player can have an off-day, it happens to the best of them; but when you consistently see the same players fail to deliver any quality or notable contribution, this has to be called out.

Being as high as 5th in the table is despite the likes of Manning and Mara, not because of them.

Mara does next to nothing to help us in an attacking sense. Manning consistently has to be bailed out by our CB's as he is so weak defensively and very slow. How he got in a "Team of the Championship" last season is completely beyond my comprehension.

That is a reasoned opinion of players rather than just slagging them, but you have to ask why Manning and Mara are playing, perhaps because there is no real replacement if they don't play.

Adams was non descript last night and as I said Mara was no worse, I am not sure where Alcaraz or Sulemana's best positions are but I dont think they are centre forwards.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 13:34 - Oct 26 with 815 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 13:28 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

That is a reasoned opinion of players rather than just slagging them, but you have to ask why Manning and Mara are playing, perhaps because there is no real replacement if they don't play.

Adams was non descript last night and as I said Mara was no worse, I am not sure where Alcaraz or Sulemana's best positions are but I dont think they are centre forwards.

Yes, we are short of LB's with Larios seemingly permanently missing.

I rather suspect that Argentina's management have a firmer idea of Alcaraz's best position than our management. Martin's quote of not trusting him would reinforce this.

I would personally prefer him playing just behind the striker, though with Che Adams off-form, that limits options.

Whenever I have seen Sulemana on the left-wing since his sending-off v Leicester, he has looked pretty lively, and no defence can cope with his pace. Certainly far more of a threat than Edozie, who is below Sam Amo in effectiveness to my mind.

The complete non-inclusion of Sam Amo from the squad is something else which has me scratching my head.

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 15:13 - Oct 26 with 733 viewssaint22

Southampton At Preston North End The Verdict on 13:34 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

Yes, we are short of LB's with Larios seemingly permanently missing.

I rather suspect that Argentina's management have a firmer idea of Alcaraz's best position than our management. Martin's quote of not trusting him would reinforce this.

I would personally prefer him playing just behind the striker, though with Che Adams off-form, that limits options.

Whenever I have seen Sulemana on the left-wing since his sending-off v Leicester, he has looked pretty lively, and no defence can cope with his pace. Certainly far more of a threat than Edozie, who is below Sam Amo in effectiveness to my mind.

The complete non-inclusion of Sam Amo from the squad is something else which has me scratching my head.

Why are we not calling Perraud back?

I am sure our managers ego is one of the main reasons
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024