Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ref 18:42 - Oct 28 with 1901 viewssaint22

Another incompetent offering
Wasn’t he demoted from the PL for being useless
Todays ref on 18:57 - Oct 28 with 1870 viewsSFC_Referee

Dunno why any saints fan would complain about him, as for major decisions it was only their penalty that he got wrong (although really for the angles they both saw it should’ve been the senior AR flagging for that), and I wouldn’t see why any saints fans gonna complain about that.
And btw no he wasn’t ever a select group 1 (aka prem) referee, as he’s been in the championship for some time now.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Todays ref on 20:38 - Oct 28 with 1761 viewssaint22

Todays ref on 18:57 - Oct 28 by SFC_Referee

Dunno why any saints fan would complain about him, as for major decisions it was only their penalty that he got wrong (although really for the angles they both saw it should’ve been the senior AR flagging for that), and I wouldn’t see why any saints fans gonna complain about that.
And btw no he wasn’t ever a select group 1 (aka prem) referee, as he’s been in the championship for some time now.

It’s not about whether his decisions went for us or not it’s about whether he can do his job properly
Todays ref on 20:42 - Oct 28 with 1747 viewsNYC_Saint

Smallbone got clattered in the box too and ESPN said it was a penalty too. So I guess he just had quite a high threshold for what he'd give as a pen. Our first was offside too but we should have scored 4 or 5 in the first half
Todays ref on 21:09 - Oct 28 with 1699 viewsSouthamptonfan

I really liked today's ref 😜. Our first was off side, they should have had a penalty and we should have too. He got all the major decisions wrong. I think he definitely had a few quid on us to win today.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:11]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Todays ref on 21:35 - Oct 28 with 1670 viewsSFC_Referee

Todays ref on 21:09 - Oct 28 by Southamptonfan

I really liked today's ref 😜. Our first was off side, they should have had a penalty and we should have too. He got all the major decisions wrong. I think he definitely had a few quid on us to win today.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:11]

Anyone got any clips of the pen we should’ve had? As if it’s the Smallbone one, which half was that in as I can’t recall seeing one in the Itchen end during the second half.
But yeah well like I’ve said before the senior AR should be flagging for that one, although the ref also should’ve seen it, but the offsides just down to the other AR.

Still interesting how Deans talking about embarrassments to officials, with all the howlers he’s made over the years, many I’ve even been asked about by my mates on how he’s made them. As with how he’s made so many and such major mistakes so often himself back when he was the one in the middle, it’s hardly like he can say much
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:54]

Todays ref on 21:36 - Oct 28 with 1665 viewsBerber

Bazunu was trying to catch the ball, which was nigh on impossible in that clash. It was an obvious penalty from the get go. I was amazed that it wasn’t given, and neither official called it. If Bazunu had punched, he would have made contact before their guy headed it, lucky fellow this time.
Todays ref on 21:37 - Oct 28 with 1665 viewsSouthamptonfan

Todays ref on 21:35 - Oct 28 by SFC_Referee

Anyone got any clips of the pen we should’ve had? As if it’s the Smallbone one, which half was that in as I can’t recall seeing one in the Itchen end during the second half.
But yeah well like I’ve said before the senior AR should be flagging for that one, although the ref also should’ve seen it, but the offsides just down to the other AR.

Still interesting how Deans talking about embarrassments to officials, with all the howlers he’s made over the years, many I’ve even been asked about by my mates on how he’s made them. As with how he’s made so many and such major mistakes so often himself back when he was the one in the middle, it’s hardly like he can say much

That's true. Mike Dean was terrible himself.

Todays ref on 23:43 - Oct 28 with 1521 viewssaint22

Todays ref on 21:35 - Oct 28 by SFC_Referee

Incompetent refs everywhere
Login to get fewer ads

Todays ref on 00:52 - Oct 29 with 1466 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I know how everyone loves to talk about poor footballing refs, but I think after that display from the boxing refs at the Fury-Ngannou fight, as that’s just next level corruption!

Todays ref on 07:22 - Oct 29 with 1353 viewsarfurdent

Todays ref on 21:37 - Oct 28 by Southamptonfan

That's true. Mike Dean was terrible himself.

like most pundits Dean is trying to justify his position by being vocal and controversial

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Todays ref on 11:44 - Oct 29 with 1173 viewssledger

at least poor for both sides and no var thank god to show him up and suck the excitement out of the game
Todays ref on 20:19 - Oct 29 with 1039 viewsSouthamptonfan

At least, we didn't have VAR yesterday. Bournemouth and Burnley had to wait over five minutes for a decision because they "drew the wrong lines". Absolutely ridiculous drawing lines that could be 1mm forward or back. It just depends on who is drawing the lines or how thick the lines are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/67252311.amp
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 20:23]

Todays ref on 20:24 - Oct 29 with 1026 viewssaintwizzler

Yesterday was our day in terms of refereeing decisions.
Next week may not be.

It all equals itself out over the course of a season.

Until VAR of course.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Todays ref on 09:53 - Oct 30 with 962 viewssledger

Todays ref on 20:19 - Oct 29 by Southamptonfan

At least, we didn't have VAR yesterday. Bournemouth and Burnley had to wait over five minutes for a decision because they "drew the wrong lines". Absolutely ridiculous drawing lines that could be 1mm forward or back. It just depends on who is drawing the lines or how thick the lines are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/67252311.amp
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 20:23]

absolutely stupid,what was wrong with the offside decision making in the world cup,almost instant and correct,still keeps refs involved when there not needed,jobs for the boys.
For me two fundamental things wrong for me,refs from the premier league should not be on var with there compatriots (and i dont mean players) and the var team for each game should not be named publically.
Todays ref on 12:49 - Oct 30 with 936 viewsIanSouthstander

Bazunus challenge on Jutkiewicz was no worse than Popes challenge on Djenepo in the caribao cup last season. And Pope didn't get cautioned. In fact Popes challenge was far worse, as Djenepo went off concussed. The brum bloke just got up, dusted himself off and got on with it.
Still, two wrongs don't make a right.
Todays ref on 14:09 - Oct 30 with 919 viewssaint901

The ref had a bit of shocker.

He was not helped by the AF's at all and one point when the ball went out near me, they looked at each other clueless.

If Bellis was offside for the goal it must have been fractions of an inch. I don't recall Smallbone getting clattered in the box. The Bazunu challenge was a pen all day long.

The was a high and late challenge on KWP from their No 6 (who went down "injured") which could have brought a card but didn't.

The ref was though a little off the pace and disconnected, not helped by the AF's and was lucky that the game didn't descend into a nasty bad tempered affair which would have exposed him even more.
Todays ref on 14:16 - Oct 30 with 917 viewsSaintNick

Todays ref on 14:09 - Oct 30 by saint901

The ref had a bit of shocker.

He was not helped by the AF's at all and one point when the ball went out near me, they looked at each other clueless.

If Bellis was offside for the goal it must have been fractions of an inch. I don't recall Smallbone getting clattered in the box. The Bazunu challenge was a pen all day long.

The was a high and late challenge on KWP from their No 6 (who went down "injured") which could have brought a card but didn't.

The ref was though a little off the pace and disconnected, not helped by the AF's and was lucky that the game didn't descend into a nasty bad tempered affair which would have exposed him even more.

You are right the linesmen did little aside from flag for offside (or not) and rarely actually gave a decision, everytime the ball went for a throw, they seemed to keep their flag down and wait for the ref to make the decision and then put their flag up to indicate what he had decided.

Perhaps the ref had told them to wait for him before giving a decision.

Certainly they were not assisting him much

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024