Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flicker???? 22:49 - Jan 24 with 14356 viewsPassmondsBlue

We all know how good Flicker was as part of our promotion management team and how players respect and respond to his commitment etc. But you have to look at his true management skills to come to the decision that bURY are relegation favourites, if not this year defiantly next.
If you look at the facts its easy to work it out
1, Hillcroft put together a fantastic team and Dale gain promotion - Flickers part is to follow Hill and take the training (Hills eyes and ears on the training ground).
2, Hillcroft go to Barnsley - The team plays great football but can not compete with bigger clubs and have to sell there best players. Hill sacked and Flickers takes over -All he does is tells the troops who he is close to that they all have to pull together or they are out of a job (as has happened now). They respond to save their own skins.
3, Flicker is given the job but can not put together a team as he is a great No.2 and has no vision like Hill has e.g.. Hogan, Dawson, COG, Henderson, Rose etc. all great Hill signings from nowhere.
4, Flicker sacked at Barnsley because he has no vision and can not put his own team together.
5, Gets the bURY job and signs all Hills castoffs - Again no vision

He has no vision and can only copy Hill

Result = bURY FC RIP

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Flicker???? on 22:50 - Jan 24 with 9100 viewsdalenumber2

Can you get relegated defiantly? Possible...
Flicker???? on 23:27 - Jan 24 with 8977 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Football Gods,look away now,
Flicker???? on 01:27 - Jan 25 with 8839 viewsDaley_Lama

Flicker???? on 23:27 - Jan 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Football Gods,look away now,

1. The bury fans i speak to direct reckon they actually look like a team now, a poor one but nevertheless the arse recognises the elbow which is an improvement.

2. Recognising and copying what works is not really a bad thing, on the shoulders of giants as they say.

3. His job this season is to retain the league status while the housing market recovers, which with the signings he has made is easily possible. Accy and Torquay must be goggling at the cast of thousands to pass through giggle's doors.

4. The challenge is not for Flicker to keep bury up, even in their darkest moments this season relegation was not a realistic prospect, with so many players they were never really an issue.

5. The real challenge is to finish as high as possible in the also rans (9th) this season and fuel hope for next season on the pitch, rather than whatever is going on off the pitch.

Poll: DF in or out

Flicker???? on 01:28 - Jan 25 with 8837 viewsYadHoDale

Disagree with the original post.

Nardiello and Mills are decent signings who have no previous connection with Dale, Barnsley or Hill that I can think of. Tutte isn't too shabby either.

I see Bury as being a year behind Dale, as usual. Mid-table this season and potentially challenging at the top end next year.

A lot does depend, though, on Doris Day and his merry band of property developers not being asset strippers...
Flicker???? on 08:22 - Jan 25 with 8732 views442Dale

Nardiello was already there and Mills has bounced in and out of league football the last few years.

Don't understand Flitcroft's obsession to recruit to excess in certain positions. Last week they talked of needing a left back; they signed a midfielder and two forwards.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Flicker???? on 08:24 - Jan 25 with 8726 viewsNinco

It will certainly make derby matches interesting. If you were a player and your best mate who you used to play with and travel to away games with is now playing against you, are you going to still put hard tackles in or are you going to think, he's a mate, I'll go easy on him? Could be the difference between scoring a goal and not scoring one.
Flicker???? on 08:53 - Jan 25 with 8675 viewsdownunder

Flicker???? on 08:24 - Jan 25 by Ninco

It will certainly make derby matches interesting. If you were a player and your best mate who you used to play with and travel to away games with is now playing against you, are you going to still put hard tackles in or are you going to think, he's a mate, I'll go easy on him? Could be the difference between scoring a goal and not scoring one.

Not played football at what you would call a high level, but when it happened to me/us in Rugby, we went in harder. It was a pivotal season changing game which lifted the team to a higher level.
I expect a real battle when we go to bury in March, and hope we get a good ref.
Flicker???? on 09:09 - Jan 25 with 8643 viewsRAFCBLUE

Thing is for Flicker it depends on what the score is with regards to next season.

Nardiello is on loan and "will join in January". He won't, he'll see the season out in and negotiate the summer as a free agent. Tutte, Platt & JLAA are the same.

I've not seen yet a player that they've signed on Day's watch that has that "two year deal". Most of the summer signings have been packed off already and to the best of my knowledge not one fee has been paid to secure a player.

Now I know that you can build a good side with loan players (Watford last year and Hereford in their League 2 promotion season spring to mind); but how many of those temporary fixes will be prepared to leave their foot it when push comes to shove? Looking at the loan market, the do not have the luxury of a number of loan players still to come.

If I was a bury fan I'd be worrying about what lies ahead:

1) Games against fellow bottom eight strugglers that are must wins
2) Games against the top right where they have got to get something
3) The banging of the "get you 2014/15 season ticket in April 2014 " drum when they won't know who or what the side is.
4) Will they see August solvently?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Flicker???? on 09:22 - Jan 25 with 8618 viewsboromat

The Jan signings so far are short term fixes to keep Bury in the league. Some are players with things to prove like Tutte and JLAA. They all have league experience too. All sounds like preparation for the worst and a relegation fight to me. But you never know with bringing in players he knows and players that know how he wants them to play things might start to click. I wouldn't judge flicker until he's had a full summer to build his own Bury squad.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Flicker???? on 12:33 - Jan 25 with 8439 viewsaleanddale

Flicker???? on 09:09 - Jan 25 by RAFCBLUE

Thing is for Flicker it depends on what the score is with regards to next season.

Nardiello is on loan and "will join in January". He won't, he'll see the season out in and negotiate the summer as a free agent. Tutte, Platt & JLAA are the same.

I've not seen yet a player that they've signed on Day's watch that has that "two year deal". Most of the summer signings have been packed off already and to the best of my knowledge not one fee has been paid to secure a player.

Now I know that you can build a good side with loan players (Watford last year and Hereford in their League 2 promotion season spring to mind); but how many of those temporary fixes will be prepared to leave their foot it when push comes to shove? Looking at the loan market, the do not have the luxury of a number of loan players still to come.

3) The banging of the "get you 2014/15 season ticket in April 2014 " drum when they won't know who or what the side is.

One given is that they have a very sticky April May June July August ( Thats a LONG 5 months ) with very little income...

I just wonder how much of the 1.5 million on the Mortgage of the ground is left??
Flicker???? on 12:46 - Jan 25 with 8407 viewsWhiteyBFC

Flicker???? on 01:28 - Jan 25 by YadHoDale

Disagree with the original post.

Nardiello and Mills are decent signings who have no previous connection with Dale, Barnsley or Hill that I can think of. Tutte isn't too shabby either.

I see Bury as being a year behind Dale, as usual. Mid-table this season and potentially challenging at the top end next year.

A lot does depend, though, on Doris Day and his merry band of property developers not being asset strippers...

Nardiello is fondly remembered at Barnsley for his playoff final goal among others.

And Jimmy McNulty is also ex Tarn. The lad that Flicker never played. Bizarre.

Hope Accy stuff em.
Flicker???? on 13:05 - Jan 25 with 8343 viewsSuddenLad

Flicker???? on 09:09 - Jan 25 by RAFCBLUE

Didn't 'Our Ashley' get himself a 2-year deal which sparked the 'Revolution' and prompted mahoosive billboards being displayed in and around the town centre of bURY.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Flicker???? on 14:06 - Jan 25 with 8277 viewsRAFCBLUE

Flicker???? on 13:05 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

Didn't 'Our Ashley' get himself a 2-year deal which sparked the 'Revolution' and prompted mahoosive billboards being displayed in and around the town centre of bURY.

He did indeed.

Seems that long ago, I'd forgotten about his and others signing as being lauded as the start of something amazing....

I think at the end of the season after all the loanees go back to parent clubs, they have something like:

McNulty, Lainton,Cameron, Burke, Proctor, Jones, Grimes, Soares, Walker, Dudley

Ten players who would be unlikely to get near our bench never mind first team!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Flicker???? on 14:40 - Jan 25 with 8225 viewsmacro

Bury off
Flicker???? on 20:33 - Jan 25 with 8071 views442Dale

Flitcroft interview today at Accrington after the game was called off. Watch from 4:40 for comments on Tutte arriving.

It's ace.

#Lundy!
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 20:35]

Flicker???? on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 7977 viewsKenBoon

Flicker???? on 20:33 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Flitcroft interview today at Accrington after the game was called off. Watch from 4:40 for comments on Tutte arriving.

It's ace.

#Lundy!

That's brilliant. He's clearly a big fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he saw the Second Half at Dale today.
Flicker???? on 21:06 - Jan 25 with 7963 views442Dale

Flicker???? on 21:04 - Jan 25 by KenBoon

That's brilliant. He's clearly a big fan. I wouldn't be surprised if he saw the Second Half at Dale today.

Doubt it, he says at some stage in that they were off to do a couple of hours training.

#beattstutts

Flicker???? on 21:39 - Jan 25 with 7854 viewsNinco

He would have had to buy a ticket in advance, and as he thought he had a game of his own, why would he have bought a ticket?
Flicker???? on 00:51 - Jan 26 with 7759 viewsTVOS1907

Flicker???? on 20:33 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

It's ace.

#Lundy!

Brilliant.

Did Tutte "rip them apart in the Johnstone's Paints" after coming on as a 12th minute sub for Ray Putterill? The game we lost on penalties ...

Talking of Tutte, just found this gem on the bury board:

"Whilst having pre match drinks in Accy's Crown pub ..our group,by chance were joined by Andrew Tuttes family ...Mother,Father etc,amongst other things his Father said that Andrew hated Keith Hill and Hill hated Andrew he also claimed that it was in his new contract that he we were unable to field him against Rochdale,now I understand that his contract was ended by mutual agreement in which case in my opinion such a stipulation shouldn't be in place-however his Father was adamant"

I'm sure it won't take them long to realise ... or will it?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 1:16]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Flicker???? on 08:32 - Jan 26 with 7675 viewsAtThePeake

Flicker???? on 00:51 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

Brilliant.

Did Tutte "rip them apart in the Johnstone's Paints" after coming on as a 12th minute sub for Ray Putterill? The game we lost on penalties ...

Talking of Tutte, just found this gem on the bury board:

"Whilst having pre match drinks in Accy's Crown pub ..our group,by chance were joined by Andrew Tuttes family ...Mother,Father etc,amongst other things his Father said that Andrew hated Keith Hill and Hill hated Andrew he also claimed that it was in his new contract that he we were unable to field him against Rochdale,now I understand that his contract was ended by mutual agreement in which case in my opinion such a stipulation shouldn't be in place-however his Father was adamant"

I'm sure it won't take them long to realise ... or will it?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 1:16]

To be fair, Tutte's best game (that I saw) for Dale came against Bury. Although it was the league game in our relegation season at Gigg Lane rather than that JPT match. I do love the way they both seem desperately excited to have nabbed one of our cast offs.

I really hope that last bit isn't true, would love for him to line-up against us.

Can you bet on individual players to be sent off?

Also as a side note, Bury have already released a player they had tied down to a two year contract, that big lump of a striker Jessy Reindorf.

Tangled up in blue.

Flicker???? on 10:07 - Jan 26 with 7606 viewsTVOS1907

Flicker???? on 08:32 - Jan 26 by AtThePeake

To be fair, Tutte's best game (that I saw) for Dale came against Bury. Although it was the league game in our relegation season at Gigg Lane rather than that JPT match. I do love the way they both seem desperately excited to have nabbed one of our cast offs.

I really hope that last bit isn't true, would love for him to line-up against us.

Can you bet on individual players to be sent off?

Also as a side note, Bury have already released a player they had tied down to a two year contract, that big lump of a striker Jessy Reindorf.

Sorry, ATP, I should have been more specific, but my closing question was really about the quote I copied & pasted off the bury board.

You're right about their excitement though. Is that 'Keith' the famous 'KeithClubLine'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Flicker???? on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 7599 viewsAtThePeake

Flicker???? on 10:07 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

Sorry, ATP, I should have been more specific, but my closing question was really about the quote I copied & pasted off the bury board.

You're right about their excitement though. Is that 'Keith' the famous 'KeithClubLine'?

Ah, fair enough.

And yeah, he was tweeting those quotes earlier in the day so I presume it's him.

Tangled up in blue.

Flicker???? on 18:38 - Jan 26 with 7428 viewsonedalefan

Flicker???? on 10:07 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

Lastest from KeithClubLine

Jessy Reindorf training at Falkirk and they are also interested in another Bury player.

Is that Ashley?
Flicker???? on 19:24 - Jan 26 with 7341 views442Dale

Flicker???? on 18:38 - Jan 26 by onedalefan

Lastest from KeithClubLine

Jessy Reindorf training at Falkirk and they are also interested in another Bury player.

Is that Ashley?

Could be any number of players since the recent signings of Nults, Pabs, Platty, Tutts, Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubbs.

Flicker???? on 20:13 - Jan 26 with 7228 viewsYouTubeDale

Flicker???? on 19:24 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

Could be any number of players since the recent signings of Nults, Pabs, Platty, Tutts, Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubbs.

Yes, the bury lot are a bunch of part-timers really. Pretend firemen in their day jobs...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024