Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 10:11 - Jan 29 with 4165 viewssevenhoop

i have been amongst his biggest crtics, but, credit to him, he came on at Ipwich and did a good job and has been solid since and has shown he is a valuable member of the squad when we are stretched so thin. He tries hard, no doubt, one of the things you want in any player and i was obviously delighted to see him score....

however, in that central midfield role, he is still an accident waiting to happen. He needs to long to get the ball under and then work out what to do with it (a couple of times last night he had the confidence to pass first time, and forwards(!), and it opened up potential), which invarialby means he is caught in possession and ends up feindng peole off, facing our goal (goals against at Burnley and Everton were directly from this). Against sharp midfied palyers, it will be very costly again.
Karl Henry on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 3001 viewstinhead

Bloody Hillarious songs last night for him.

"Henry for England" was my favourite. Was laughing myself silly for ages.

I love the way he tackles himself and gives the ball way. It's almost like he gets flustered in possession and doesn't know what to do... even when he has time on the ball.

Puny God!

Karl Henry on 10:29 - Jan 29 with 2982 viewssmegma

Karl Henry on 10:26 - Jan 29 by tinhead

Bloody Hillarious songs last night for him.

"Henry for England" was my favourite. Was laughing myself silly for ages.

I love the way he tackles himself and gives the ball way. It's almost like he gets flustered in possession and doesn't know what to do... even when he has time on the ball.

"He scores when he wants ".

Where we were sat , we nicknamed him Karlos Henri after his goal.
Karl Henry on 10:30 - Jan 29 with 2969 viewsdaveB

nice goal but overall he was useless last night, we'll get battered on saturday with him at the heart of a 4-4-2
Karl Henry on 10:32 - Jan 29 with 2958 viewsmakaveli1882

cant believe he scored last night, he is still pony and its a crime he gets paid to play football..... nice finish though
Karl Henry on 10:34 - Jan 29 with 2953 viewsWestbourneR

Glad someone was enjoying it - I thought I got very unfunny very quickly and frankly was taking the piss out of one our own players after he'd just scored.

If 'insert average players name + for England' makes you laugh yourself silly then you're very easily pleased.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Karl Henry on 10:41 - Jan 29 with 2920 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Actually he is performing really well in the current role he had been given. Defend, cover space, tackle and then give it to someone better than himself. Good professional performances. People need to cut him some slack.
Karl Henry on 10:48 - Jan 29 with 2891 viewsessextaxiboy

Karl Henry on 10:34 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

Glad someone was enjoying it - I thought I got very unfunny very quickly and frankly was taking the piss out of one our own players after he'd just scored.

If 'insert average players name + for England' makes you laugh yourself silly then you're very easily pleased.

I agree with this ,

He only started because Barton was unfit , he is not the best on the ball but that is not what he was bought for .

He gets himself goal side very quickly when we lose possession and fronts up the opposition . He dug Dunne out of the sh*t last night when he headed down to the feet of their bloke 20 yds out .

The stick he was getting from some around me was just mad . He is there in a hooped shirt doing his best . Our job is to get behind the team ...
Karl Henry on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 2852 viewsJeff

in our enthusiasm to lord him with various songs, R block started giving him the 'White Pele' song for a couple of rounds, until it was pointed out that Karl Henry is actually black...

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 10:59 - Jan 29 with 2833 viewstinhead

Karl Henry on 10:34 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy yourself at the match.

I wasn't in the minority here, most of those around me found it funny too and after the rather dismal performance we were seeing, a bit of frivolity certainly lightened the mood.

Each to their own however.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2014 11:00]

Puny God!

Karl Henry on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 2794 viewsNeil_SI

If you looked at the times when Henry dallied on the ball, he was looking for a pass, but there was little or no movement around him, and with Danny Simpson out, there was no defender willing to transition into midfield or attacking positions to help encourage more movement and options.

And because the crowd always groans when Henry goes backwards, he now seems reluctant to do so, even when the pass is the right one to do. Therefore it adds that little bit more hesitancy to his play and that exacerbates the problem, of which is sometimes perceptual from the crowds point of view as well.

I think he has been unfairly treated and ridiculed in general and overall, but the one thing the goal did for Henry, which was a fine strike, was clearly boost his confidence. He had a spring in his step afterwards and was more energetic and more willing to drive forward as well. Let's hope it helps him raise his game further, and let's hope we can show him the necessary patience to get there as well, as we would for players that are fan favourites or kids.

The main issue I had last night from the central midfield is he and Tom Carroll both sat very deep and that contributed to our problems. With no defenders really getting forward, it left just the wide men to make runs up and down in straight lines, and Andy Johnson to try and get hold of the ball, but we didn't find him in the channels either so everything became a bit static and flat.
Karl Henry on 11:06 - Jan 29 with 2793 viewsWestbourneR

I did enjoy the match. I just didn't laugh myself silly as it wasn't THAT funny.

Quite like Karl Henry think he's a decent player.

Karl Henry on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 2780 viewsrsonist

Karl Henry on 10:41 - Jan 29 by oldmeadoniansR

Actually he is performing really well in the current role he had been given. Defend, cover space, tackle and then give it to someone better than himself. Good professional performances. People need to cut him some slack.

Didn't see yesterday's match but if he does manage this then I've no problem with him - doing the "simple" defensive work is an artform in itself, and we all know how crucial Derry was to us in years gone by. From what I have seen though the "give it to someone better than himself" part tends to be to an opposition player in on goal. Not sure I've ever seen another player give so many suicidal back passes away in fact...
Karl Henry on 11:12 - Jan 29 with 2769 viewsjeffro

Karl Henry on 11:05 - Jan 29 by Neil_SI

If you looked at the times when Henry dallied on the ball, he was looking for a pass, but there was little or no movement around him, and with Danny Simpson out, there was no defender willing to transition into midfield or attacking positions to help encourage more movement and options.

And because the crowd always groans when Henry goes backwards, he now seems reluctant to do so, even when the pass is the right one to do. Therefore it adds that little bit more hesitancy to his play and that exacerbates the problem, of which is sometimes perceptual from the crowds point of view as well.

I think he has been unfairly treated and ridiculed in general and overall, but the one thing the goal did for Henry, which was a fine strike, was clearly boost his confidence. He had a spring in his step afterwards and was more energetic and more willing to drive forward as well. Let's hope it helps him raise his game further, and let's hope we can show him the necessary patience to get there as well, as we would for players that are fan favourites or kids.

The main issue I had last night from the central midfield is he and Tom Carroll both sat very deep and that contributed to our problems. With no defenders really getting forward, it left just the wide men to make runs up and down in straight lines, and Andy Johnson to try and get hold of the ball, but we didn't find him in the channels either so everything became a bit static and flat.

Absolutely spot on Neil...

He has alwways done a "job" when asked upon.

One fine goal saving tackle late on yesterday, when their tiddly wink pulled the trigger.

Will always attract negative comments whatever he does because thats what QPR fans do.
Karl Henry on 11:14 - Jan 29 with 2759 viewsQPunkR

I've not gone overboard RE: Henry in either way. Thought it was a crime we paid a reported £1m for him when even 2nd division Wolves were desperate to get shot of him, but think he can do a job sitting deep. He's no Shaun Derry but at least he knows what kind of player he is.

My main criticism last night is with how we were set out, and players not reading off the same sheet. Whenever our CB or CMs got the ball, there was hardly ever a forward pass on, so we ended up either passing to the oppo under little or no pressure, like we did numerous times in the 1st half, or knocking it long for Austin and the tiny AJ to battle for in the air with their monster CBs. Consequently, Henry and the poor Christmas Carroll had no positive passes available half the time

QPR - "shit but local"

Karl Henry on 11:21 - Jan 29 with 2735 viewssimmo

He's still poor, last night he was a slight improvement on being a liability, especially in the 2nd half when I think he showed glimpses (nothing more) of good break up and passing play but overall he shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11 and wouldnt be if we had Faurlin still fit and/or another decent CM player.

Credit where it's due on the goal, top class control and quick/controlled hit. Nice to see QPR getting to 2nd balls and doing something with it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Karl Henry on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 2725 viewsWeaverQPR

I thought we paid 250k-500k for him, didnt think it was as much as a mil.

@WeavQPR

Karl Henry on 11:27 - Jan 29 with 2716 viewsjeffro

Karl Henry on 11:24 - Jan 29 by WeaverQPR

I thought we paid 250k-500k for him, didnt think it was as much as a mil.

Henry was 250k no where near 1 million.
Karl Henry on 11:28 - Jan 29 with 2710 viewsWeaverQPR

Karl Henry on 11:27 - Jan 29 by jeffro

Yeh thought so.

@WeavQPR

Karl Henry on 11:40 - Jan 29 with 2682 viewsmakaveli1882

Karl Henry on 11:06 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

I did enjoy the match. I just didn't laugh myself silly as it wasn't THAT funny.

Some may feel he is getting some unfair slack or that he has improved last 2 games, but Westbourne you cant say he is a decent player, even his mum and Karl Henry himself know he is not and never be a decent player.
Karl Henry on 11:41 - Jan 29 with 2673 viewsheadhoops

was at the game and frankly bar the goal and one great block Henry shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. He was dead lucky to be awarded a foul in the last minute having turned (yet again) around and into trouble. Our midfield was at times non-existent. Carroll never hides but is physically not strong enough. What we are crying out for is a strong, hard tackling ball winner who can run from the midfield into the box. His name is Diakite.

He would have been ideal in the final 15 minutes last night instead we got SWP who was again woeful.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Karl Henry on 12:29 - Jan 29 with 2563 viewslave16

Karl Henry on 11:27 - Jan 29 by jeffro

250k for 3 points may prove worth it

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Karl Henry on 12:36 - Jan 29 with 2534 viewsWokingR

Karl Henry on 11:06 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

Actually it was quite funny and there were people all round the ground having a laugh about it and making up their own jokes.
Just because you didn't happen to find it funny yourself is up to you. Don't see why you felt the need to pull Tinhead up for it though.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Karl Henry on 12:38 - Jan 29 with 2523 viewsWestbourneR

Saying he is decent isn't going over the top. He is decent at the job he does. He is tidy passer for the ball, although no adventurous at all. He has good positioning and can tackle. A deal for 250k.

Karl Henry on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 2517 viewssexton

Karl Henry on 11:05 - Jan 29 by Neil_SI

There were several occasions when Henry had a dead simple pass on but chose not to make it - or perhaps lacked the confidence to make it - and lost the ball in a dangerous position.

That's when he didn't trip over his own feet.

Frankly I'd have preferred it if he'd just belted the ball into the crowd.

He was woeful.
Karl Henry on 12:56 - Jan 29 with 2473 viewsjeffro

Come end of the season, the MOM peformances he put in away to Leeds and Bolton and the 6 points earned will be well worth the money spent regardless of what he has done.
I belive those 6 points will be vital.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024