Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't ask much more against 8 men 21:50 - Mar 7 with 3729 viewsFrog

Much as I've supported Donnely over the season he was completely anonymous along with his namesake Porter. At age 50 I think I could have made more than an impact than they did. Please put Bunney in next time Keith.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 21:51 - Mar 7 with 2915 viewsok_computer

I think that's a bit harsh. Donnelly worked his arse off and was isolated for the whole of the second half. Porter didn't get much of the ball and looked quite dangerous when he did get it.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:00 - Mar 7 with 2865 viewsrichfoad32

Mills and McNulty are two experienced, rugged centre halves and probably would've eaten Bunney alive. Donnelly put himself about and did what he could in isolation, it's not easy to play up top on your own. And for what it's worth I was quite impressed with Porter.....

And BTW, how were we against 8 men??
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:01 - Mar 7 with 2844 viewsolympicdale

Oh that is a bit unfair on Donnelly I think, he worked his knackers off, he was isolated and up against some big defenders, Porter it seems the pitch wasn't too his liking to use his apparent pace.

Life is a game of fate.

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:02 - Mar 7 with 2823 viewsThe_DJ

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 21:51 - Mar 7 by ok_computer

I think that's a bit harsh. Donnelly worked his arse off and was isolated for the whole of the second half. Porter didn't get much of the ball and looked quite dangerous when he did get it.

Second half Donnelly played much better and gave us some relief.

Very difficult in the circumstances.

If Hogan is crocked George will have to step up.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:03 - Mar 7 with 2816 viewsrich_dale

George D had a great second half and did all the things he does best. George P showed promise - he'll have a chance in the next game when Hendo is suspended.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:03 - Mar 7 with 2813 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Clearly you dont have a clue - George did a very good job tonight - played on own and could have had Mills off and nearly scored - that pitch - that result - these circumstances - very good!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:05 - Mar 7 with 2777 viewsRotherhamDale

Don't be so ridiculous. What more do you want him to do? Up front on his own with no support, and he gave Mills and McNulty a tough time.

Clueless, absolutely clueless.

Possession with progression.

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:08 - Mar 7 with 2728 viewscrazyhorse

Against 10 men its going be something special to put your team in front. He played his part in retaining a point with his closing down and battling for the ball stylee. Donnelly would have been a hero if he curled in his effort outside the area incidently it als o looked to have been fouled at the same time. Doesn't deserve any critiscm today.
Login to get fewer ads

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:15 - Mar 7 with 2645 viewsFrog

Absolutely no criticism intended, I'm a big GD fan, just thought he and Porter didn't seem to get stuck in.

PS I have had 2 bottles of red and fairly happy.

OH and love the Dale whatever!
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:22 - Mar 7 with 2577 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:08 - Mar 7 by crazyhorse

Against 10 men its going be something special to put your team in front. He played his part in retaining a point with his closing down and battling for the ball stylee. Donnelly would have been a hero if he curled in his effort outside the area incidently it als o looked to have been fouled at the same time. Doesn't deserve any critiscm today.

GD was too honest......he could have gone down in a heap,but chose to play on and take a chance, a virtue not seen in modern pro-footie!

The tosser of a Ref should then have pulled play back and booked the bury defender but bottled it.

Well played GD.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:28 - Mar 7 with 2515 viewsShun

Donnelly played as well as ANY striker could've been expected to on his own. And Porter showed glimpses of talent, I'd like to see more of him.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:30 - Mar 7 with 2496 viewsolympicdale

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:02 - Mar 7 by The_DJ

Second half Donnelly played much better and gave us some relief.

Very difficult in the circumstances.

If Hogan is crocked George will have to step up.

Weve been saying that for a little while, he may be running out of steps, what you see is what youll get from Georgie.

Life is a game of fate.

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:30 - Mar 7 with 2487 viewsonedalefan

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:22 - Mar 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

GD was too honest......he could have gone down in a heap,but chose to play on and take a chance, a virtue not seen in modern pro-footie!

The tosser of a Ref should then have pulled play back and booked the bury defender but bottled it.

Well played GD.

Thought it was similar to the Henderson foul where Bury player went down but Donnelly stayed on his feet.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:31 - Mar 7 with 2474 viewscupardale

Have to say watching on tv, porter on for allen was a good sub. Ok porter didn't produce chances but he won numerous free kicks, bought time etc. Vital when down to ten men. I would struggle to criticise one player tonight under the circumstances. Great point. Onwards and upwards.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:33 - Mar 7 with 2447 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:30 - Mar 7 by olympicdale

Weve been saying that for a little while, he may be running out of steps, what you see is what youll get from Georgie.

What you see is what you get, exactly, 3 goals in 129 games is it?

Just being ultra critical, but he's no replacement for Hulk
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:54 - Mar 7 with 2333 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:33 - Mar 7 by Frog

What you see is what you get, exactly, 3 goals in 129 games is it?

Just being ultra critical, but he's no replacement for Hulk

Your Pissed - Go to Bed!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:01 - Mar 7 with 2274 viewsdilligas

I don't think either did too bad, gd covered ground and laid the ball off well, gp looked like there are some tricks there.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:04 - Mar 7 with 2247 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 22:54 - Mar 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

Your Pissed - Go to Bed!

That should be you're and yes I am, good night
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:09 - Mar 7 with 2193 viewsD_Alien

For what it's worth, I'm convinced Georgie would've buried the chance when he got blatantly pulled back - you could see his shoulder being twisted as plain as anything - except to that dick of a ref.

He was more dangerous than Platt/JLAA/Grimes/Nardiello combined. Well done GD you can hold your head up tonight.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:10 - Mar 7 with 2191 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:04 - Mar 7 by Frog

That should be you're and yes I am, good night

Bet finding that ' took you ages :) - good result - thats all that matters

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:26 - Mar 7 with 2108 viewsSandyman

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:09 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

For what it's worth, I'm convinced Georgie would've buried the chance when he got blatantly pulled back - you could see his shoulder being twisted as plain as anything - except to that dick of a ref.

He was more dangerous than Platt/JLAA/Grimes/Nardiello combined. Well done GD you can hold your head up tonight.

100% agree with that - With 10 men G D played his role superbly - that bury's ref didn't see the blatant foul on George when he could have scored is no surprise at all.

One wonders if Drysdale has first dibs on the showhouse when that excuse of a football pitch becomes a housing estate....
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:57 - Mar 7 with 2016 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 23:10 - Mar 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

Bet finding that ' took you ages :) - good result - thats all that matters

No it didn't, I'm a primary school teacher and it was a common mistake in Year 4. I'll disregard the rogue apostrophe and say good night ;-)
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:04 - Mar 8 with 1982 viewsDaley_Lama

The first post I read on here tonight and it is a GD bashing one.

1. I am never surprised in this life
2. I nearly am, as I normally agree with thee Froggy

I thought GD played the second half very well, he stuck close to Vincetti for our outlet, he won a few headers against Fatty Mills, he was god forbid honest and didn't go down when he was pulled back as we all saw.

Poll: DF in or out

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:16 - Mar 8 with 1947 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:04 - Mar 8 by Daley_Lama

The first post I read on here tonight and it is a GD bashing one.

1. I am never surprised in this life
2. I nearly am, as I normally agree with thee Froggy

I thought GD played the second half very well, he stuck close to Vincetti for our outlet, he won a few headers against Fatty Mills, he was god forbid honest and didn't go down when he was pulled back as we all saw.

HEY DL, I know I'm being a bit harsh as I'm disappointed as most Daleys are, yes George could have gone down but he's not that kind of player. Still think Porter was anonymous but must admit I only saw the game on TV.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:22 - Mar 8 with 1932 viewsDaley_Lama

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:16 - Mar 8 by Frog

HEY DL, I know I'm being a bit harsh as I'm disappointed as most Daleys are, yes George could have gone down but he's not that kind of player. Still think Porter was anonymous but must admit I only saw the game on TV.

I saw him from behind the net with my sight blotted by a blue stupid flare.

Porter went down twice and lept up like Lazarus, the views from opposition fans when we got him mentioned this, personally I don't like John Coleman tactics.

He did however look quite intelligent, when we did break he ran the gap between full-back and CH well and looked nippy too. It only went there once, the rest of the time it was pinged to Vinvetti's noggin.

I'm very much a non-basher no matter what and the fact that we matched them tonight with ten men and got a decent point will do for me.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024