Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! 22:44 - Mar 27 with 16831 viewsherefordunitedjack

Evening all,

As some of you may already know my home town club Hereford United are in serious financial difficulties. To cut things short we need £78,000 by April 7th to avoid administration.

The support we have received so far from the football community has been tremendous and our supporters are doing a great job, but this is something that we cannot face alone and any donations that you could make would be warmly received.

I'm currently studying at Swansea University and in my spare time when I can't make it home to watch the Bulls I enjoy watching the Swans. The last match was against Palace which I took my father and brother along with me to watch.

I hate to think what may happen to my club if this money isn't raised in the next two weeks, it would be a huge loss to the City and a loss to the football world.

I urge you all to try to help out wherever and in whatever capacity you can. Whether that be liking our Facebook page or donating to our club online, below are a few suggestions:

- Liking and sharing our Facebook page
- Sending messages of support
- Joining our Hereford United Supporters Trust
- Donating whatever amount you can through the official website or trust
- Joining our Back The Bulls Lottery
- For those that may be in 'our neck of the woods' try to make a Hereford match.
- Purchasing shares, available on the club website
- Donating items such as football shirts or memorabilia to auction off
- Holding a collection outside your ground and in the hospitality suites

Any other ideas, suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Below is the link to donate.

http://www.idsports.net/shop/Hereford-United-Club-Donation/

Wishing you all the best for your remaining 7 games!

G.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:51 - Mar 28 with 1615 viewsScoobyWho

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:39 - Mar 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rivals? We should be hoping that Manchester United win all their games every season, along with Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The less points the likes of Stoke, Palace, Cardiff, Fulham and so get against the big clubs the better.

Secondly, why would I pay £20 or so a ticket plus the £2 or so for the train to Stockport when I can go and watch a game at The Theatre of Dreams for less? The hate I get for this puzzles me, it really does.

Well, ok donation made £5.

Dwight son, your reasoning for watching man utd is flawed, you say 'why should you spend the money to go and watch a club (who needs support like Stockport) when you can go and watch man utd says more than anything else you have ever said.

Now, make a donation to Hereford son.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:52 - Mar 28 with 1615 viewspencoedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:43 - Mar 28 by scottishjack

Can we try and not derail this particular thread... good luck to Hereford! Donation on the way!

Well said and he wonders why he gets abused ....

Good luck to the Bulls ..... Although cant say I always seen the friendly side of your support when visiting in Edgar St in late 80' s.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:11 - Mar 28 with 1585 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 12:19 - Mar 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well maybe it is just a Swansea thing then. I go to university in Manchester and go and watch Manchester United occasionally and the abuse I suffer because of that on here is ridiculous. You seem much more dignified and friendly in Hereford.

Yeah, most are a friendly bunch in Hereford. A much as I love to see the Swans play when I can, you can't beat grassroots football at the likes of Hereford! Turn up to watch one of our matches, you won't get any abuse. The Swans bunch are great too, always helpful and friendly when I'm there. The problem we get in Hereford are those certain people that say 'I'd rather watch Manchester United on the TV' than turn up to the games, I also find that these are the first to complain when their local side is doing poorly and struggling in the league! Would be great to see a full stadium at Edgar Street tomorrow.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:12 - Mar 28 with 1584 viewsdgt73

Well maybe it is just a Swansea thing then. I go to university in Manchester and go and watch Manchester United occasionally and the abuse I suffer because of that on here is ridiculous. You seem much more dignified and friendly in Hereford.

Do you go to uni in Manchester?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:20 - Mar 28 with 1566 viewspencoedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:11 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Yeah, most are a friendly bunch in Hereford. A much as I love to see the Swans play when I can, you can't beat grassroots football at the likes of Hereford! Turn up to watch one of our matches, you won't get any abuse. The Swans bunch are great too, always helpful and friendly when I'm there. The problem we get in Hereford are those certain people that say 'I'd rather watch Manchester United on the TV' than turn up to the games, I also find that these are the first to complain when their local side is doing poorly and struggling in the league! Would be great to see a full stadium at Edgar Street tomorrow.

You mean like people in this thread ..................

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/106660/yes/#72
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:23 - Mar 28 with 1562 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:25 - Mar 28 by ScoobyWho

We had a right old do in there 20 yrs back.

We've had our fair share of good results and giant killings. I guess that was in the old fourth division though?
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:29 - Mar 28 with 1555 viewsherefordunitedjack

Can we try and not derail this particular thread... good luck to Hereford! Donation on the way!

Many thanks scottishjack, yes back to the aim of raising awareness and funds for Hereford United! So far I hear that we are closing in on about £3,500. Still a long way to go, we are grateful for your support!

http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/news/article/donations-close-to-3500-1451364.asp
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:34 - Mar 28 with 1551 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:51 - Mar 28 by ScoobyWho

Well, ok donation made £5.

Dwight son, your reasoning for watching man utd is flawed, you say 'why should you spend the money to go and watch a club (who needs support like Stockport) when you can go and watch man utd says more than anything else you have ever said.

Now, make a donation to Hereford son.

Cheers Scooby Who! On a side note if someone gave me a choice of watching Manchester United, Arsenal or any of the 'top' teams or a lower league match I'd choose the lower league match. They need the funds, the support and the community atmosphere around these lower league clubs are on the whole great. I'd echo Scoobys word and say that if you can, go and watch a Stockport match once in a while. You never know, you may enjoy it!
Login to get fewer ads

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:40 - Mar 28 with 1547 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:52 - Mar 28 by pencoedjack

Well said and he wonders why he gets abused ....

Good luck to the Bulls ..... Although cant say I always seen the friendly side of your support when visiting in Edgar St in late 80' s.

Being a 90's child I couldn't really comment on the 80's! We have had a few idiots in the past that have caused trouble and bought us a bad name, the majority are ok though. I guess you get the odd one or two with every club.

Thanks for your support pencoedjack!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:50 - Mar 28 with 1540 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:20 - Mar 28 by pencoedjack

You mean like people in this thread ..................

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/106660/yes/#72

Yes, it really aggravates me when I speak with people who live less than two miles away from their local town/city club in the lower leagues but never turn up to matches and instead purchase Sky packages to watch teams they have little or no connection with. Why not take a mate to watch your local team and put something back in to the community you live in. This is why most of the lower league teams are struggling. We've had a gradual decrease in attendance and we have got to the point that it is now half of what it was 5 years ago.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:10 - Mar 28 with 1522 viewsbuilthjack

Haven't watched Hereford for a couple of years, am rounding up a few to come watch next Saturday, only 40 miles from me. Donation on the way too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:19 - Mar 28 with 1513 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:10 - Mar 28 by builthjack

Haven't watched Hereford for a couple of years, am rounding up a few to come watch next Saturday, only 40 miles from me. Donation on the way too.

Fantastic! That's great to hear you are making the short trip, I hope you'll have a great day at Edgar Street and that we can get the three points. Cheers for the donation too, really do appreciate it.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:00 - Mar 28 with 1488 viewsDewi1jack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 08:37 - Mar 28 by Pegojack

Good luck to the OP and Hereford United. I have lived in Hereford since 1998, but am a Briton Ferry boy and Liberty season ticket holder who has supported the Swans since his dad first took him in 1965, so there's no chance of the Bulls supplanting the Swans in my affections, but I have a soft spot for them and would hate to see them fold.

Since I'm not trekking up to Hull on April 5th, I will join my Hereford United supporting mates at Edgar Street for the home game versus Woking instead and help to swell the coffers a bit. All the best.

Now there's an idea.
Mrs is working late in the hospital and it's only £6 to get back to Leominster. Beer and football, mmmmm
Be a shame to see any club fold. Yes, even the vermin. They do give us so much!
Good luck to all the boys and girls supporting Hereford in trying to save their club.
See you next weekend

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:02 - Mar 28 with 1487 viewsbuilthjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:19 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Fantastic! That's great to hear you are making the short trip, I hope you'll have a great day at Edgar Street and that we can get the three points. Cheers for the donation too, really do appreciate it.

No probs, will text some of the boys from Hereford I have played football with over the years, tell them to get there. If there's beer involved they will be!!!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:11 - Mar 28 with 1481 viewsWxmJax

Dwight, you go to the University of SALFORD. The last time I looked, Salford is a city in it's own right and NOT in Manchester.

Give it a rest man.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:13 - Mar 28 with 1391 viewsWxmJax

My apologies over Dwight's university, let's get back to Hereford......

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:04 - Mar 28 with 1361 viewsScoobyWho

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:34 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Cheers Scooby Who! On a side note if someone gave me a choice of watching Manchester United, Arsenal or any of the 'top' teams or a lower league match I'd choose the lower league match. They need the funds, the support and the community atmosphere around these lower league clubs are on the whole great. I'd echo Scoobys word and say that if you can, go and watch a Stockport match once in a while. You never know, you may enjoy it!

Spot on mate, I still get along to cheer on the Steelmen when I can.
The reality of all our teams situations can be put in to context when you see teams like PTFC. ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:49 - Mar 28 with 1336 viewsTNT

Good luck to Hereford supporters in their quest.

Saw a 1-1 there in Welsh Cup Final '81, 0-0 in FRT SF in '86 / 5-4 sudden death pens, and a 0-1 win in New Div. 3 in '96. Watched a friendly there since then, but can't remember date / score.

Anyway, very best of luck to you all.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:41 - Mar 28 with 1309 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:00 - Mar 28 by Dewi1jack

Now there's an idea.
Mrs is working late in the hospital and it's only £6 to get back to Leominster. Beer and football, mmmmm
Be a shame to see any club fold. Yes, even the vermin. They do give us so much!
Good luck to all the boys and girls supporting Hereford in trying to save their club.
See you next weekend

Thanks for your support Dewi1jack
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:48 - Mar 28 with 1296 viewsGiff

Spent many happy hours at edgar street from 1965 to 1975, first game was John Charles playing 4 th qualifying round of FA CUP against Kidderminster. Fortunate to be at the cup games against West Ham and the Newcastle game. Also, beating Crapdiff in the old third division.
Donation on the way.

Old Meadow ender
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:49 - Mar 28 with 1295 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:49 - Mar 28 by TNT

Good luck to Hereford supporters in their quest.

Saw a 1-1 there in Welsh Cup Final '81, 0-0 in FRT SF in '86 / 5-4 sudden death pens, and a 0-1 win in New Div. 3 in '96. Watched a friendly there since then, but can't remember date / score.

Anyway, very best of luck to you all.

Cheers TNT! I remember being at a pre-season friendly match in 2010. I'm sure we beat you 2-0.

Our youth team played recently at Swansea, can't remember the result though?
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:56 - Mar 28 with 1285 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:48 - Mar 28 by Giff

Spent many happy hours at edgar street from 1965 to 1975, first game was John Charles playing 4 th qualifying round of FA CUP against Kidderminster. Fortunate to be at the cup games against West Ham and the Newcastle game. Also, beating Crapdiff in the old third division.
Donation on the way.

Old Meadow ender

Thanks for the donation Giff! It's great to be hearing all of the history from members on here and the matches that they've attended.

My grandfather tells me about travelling up to West Ham on the train with his father and brother to watch the replay. So many locked out also, I believe. I've got many great memories too of watching the Bulls with my father and brother. I hope that we have many more years to produce some great cup upsets!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:12 - Mar 28 with 1267 viewsGiff

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:56 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Thanks for the donation Giff! It's great to be hearing all of the history from members on here and the matches that they've attended.

My grandfather tells me about travelling up to West Ham on the train with his father and brother to watch the replay. So many locked out also, I believe. I've got many great memories too of watching the Bulls with my father and brother. I hope that we have many more years to produce some great cup upsets!

Yes, the trip to West Ham was during the 3 day week, the game was played on a midweek afternoon and I think there were 39,000 there. It was after that game that Dudley Tyler joined West Ham.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:21 - Mar 28 with 1254 viewsTNT

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:49 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Cheers TNT! I remember being at a pre-season friendly match in 2010. I'm sure we beat you 2-0.

Our youth team played recently at Swansea, can't remember the result though?

It would have been 2010 HUJ mate, and 2-0 would be correct.

Would you have the exact date?

In the four games I've watched The Swans play at Edgar Street over the years we've had very little success against you to be fair.

I grew up watching us in old Division Four. Never thought I'd see us in the top flight, never mind twice!

Keep the faith mate.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:26 - Mar 28 with 1250 viewsbonymine

It's a long time ago now but I recall one night about 30 years ago on the way back from Shrewsbury or Wrexham in the Welsh Cup (we took about 3,000 away in those days when we stopped in Hereford on the way home outside a pub and chip shop and were amubshed by 10/15 Hereford Mohican lads.........

The adrenalin was pumping that day but since then m son has played for Cardiff against Hereford away but good luck to the 'English Welshman' - Edgar Street is a good old fashioned football venue

STID

Vincent Tan's a Swans fan
He wears his Swansea hat
He's going down with the Scummers
cos he's a Man U Fan !!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024