Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! 22:44 - Mar 27 with 16828 viewsherefordunitedjack

Evening all,

As some of you may already know my home town club Hereford United are in serious financial difficulties. To cut things short we need £78,000 by April 7th to avoid administration.

The support we have received so far from the football community has been tremendous and our supporters are doing a great job, but this is something that we cannot face alone and any donations that you could make would be warmly received.

I'm currently studying at Swansea University and in my spare time when I can't make it home to watch the Bulls I enjoy watching the Swans. The last match was against Palace which I took my father and brother along with me to watch.

I hate to think what may happen to my club if this money isn't raised in the next two weeks, it would be a huge loss to the City and a loss to the football world.

I urge you all to try to help out wherever and in whatever capacity you can. Whether that be liking our Facebook page or donating to our club online, below are a few suggestions:

- Liking and sharing our Facebook page
- Sending messages of support
- Joining our Hereford United Supporters Trust
- Donating whatever amount you can through the official website or trust
- Joining our Back The Bulls Lottery
- For those that may be in 'our neck of the woods' try to make a Hereford match.
- Purchasing shares, available on the club website
- Donating items such as football shirts or memorabilia to auction off
- Holding a collection outside your ground and in the hospitality suites

Any other ideas, suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Below is the link to donate.

http://www.idsports.net/shop/Hereford-United-Club-Donation/

Wishing you all the best for your remaining 7 games!

G.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:37 - Mar 28 with 1936 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:21 - Mar 28 by TNT

It would have been 2010 HUJ mate, and 2-0 would be correct.

Would you have the exact date?

In the four games I've watched The Swans play at Edgar Street over the years we've had very little success against you to be fair.

I grew up watching us in old Division Four. Never thought I'd see us in the top flight, never mind twice!

Keep the faith mate.

Just checked the date, it was 13th July 2010. Hereford scoring in the 20th and 52nd minute.

You've done amazingly well over the past decade and it's a credit to the hard work of your fans and supporters trust. Goes to show that when done correctly a supports trust, owning shares and having a say in the running can work out for the best!

We'll fight and keep on fighting, the faith and belief will not falter!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:44 - Mar 28 with 1928 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:26 - Mar 28 by bonymine

It's a long time ago now but I recall one night about 30 years ago on the way back from Shrewsbury or Wrexham in the Welsh Cup (we took about 3,000 away in those days when we stopped in Hereford on the way home outside a pub and chip shop and were amubshed by 10/15 Hereford Mohican lads.........

The adrenalin was pumping that day but since then m son has played for Cardiff against Hereford away but good luck to the 'English Welshman' - Edgar Street is a good old fashioned football venue

STID

Vincent Tan's a Swans fan
He wears his Swansea hat
He's going down with the Scummers
cos he's a Man U Fan !!!

Thanks bonymine! I'm sure the 10/15 lads soon disappeared when they heard there were 3,000 of you about.

Still the same good old ground today, we even have potted plants on the roof of the dugout!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:54 - Mar 28 with 1921 viewsKilkennyjack

Ten quid done, all the best Bulls

Beware of the Risen People

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:57 - Mar 28 with 1919 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:54 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

Ten quid done, all the best Bulls

Many thanks Kilkennyjack, really appreciate it.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 23:21 - Mar 28 with 1906 viewsTNT

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:37 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Just checked the date, it was 13th July 2010. Hereford scoring in the 20th and 52nd minute.

You've done amazingly well over the past decade and it's a credit to the hard work of your fans and supporters trust. Goes to show that when done correctly a supports trust, owning shares and having a say in the running can work out for the best!

We'll fight and keep on fighting, the faith and belief will not falter!

Sounds like you've got the belief, determination and drive to make things happen...

...whatever happens, just keep supporting your team, regardless of league status.

Many on here would do well to remember our darker days, and those too young to remember would do well to join you v Woking and sample it.

Enjoy!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:43 - Mar 29 with 1829 viewsbuilthjack

Hope the collection in tesco went well today

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:09 - Mar 29 with 1817 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:43 - Mar 29 by builthjack

Thanks Builthjack, haven't heard how much was raised there but a great effort by all. A few raised £500 with a bucket collection through the city center before the match. Think we must be near 5k now overall. Still a very long way to go to reach the target.

Feel sick with that 0-1 loss, both Dartford and Aldershot below us gaining ground with wins. It just doesn't look like we are going to score.

Great to hear the Swans won 3-0, fantastic result against Norwich!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:15 - Mar 29 with 1812 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 23:21 - Mar 28 by TNT

Sounds like you've got the belief, determination and drive to make things happen...

...whatever happens, just keep supporting your team, regardless of league status.

Many on here would do well to remember our darker days, and those too young to remember would do well to join you v Woking and sample it.

Enjoy!

It's looking very bleak after that loss at home this afternoon. Just hope we can pull out a good performance in the next few matches, can't let it go to the last game of the season against Aldershot away.

Those that aren't travelling to Hull on the 5th, it would be great to see you at Edgar Street!
Login to get fewer ads

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:26 - Mar 29 with 1788 viewsbuilthjack

Swans fans will be pi55ed tonight, and may be feeling generous, you may get a few bob tonight!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:45 - Mar 29 with 1782 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:26 - Mar 29 by builthjack

Swans fans will be pi55ed tonight, and may be feeling generous, you may get a few bob tonight!

So they should be celebrating tonight, it was a great win for you!

Below are a few links to some of our fundraising sites;

http://www.gofundme.com/SaveHUFC

http://www.idsports.net/shop/Hereford-United-Club-Donation/

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=u64jjCErh9m-PAskDG4We
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:53 - Mar 29 with 1776 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:43 - Mar 29 by builthjack

£650 raised in Tesco, they'll be collecting for us again tomorrow!
£500 raised by a supporters short walk around the city.
£2,000 + raised by the Trust so far
£3,500 from donations to the clubs official website as of yesterday
Not sure as of yet what was raised today at the club through gate money and sales, guessing around £15,000.

Same again next weekend and fundraising in the week and it may start to look a bit healthier!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:01 - Mar 29 with 1765 viewsbuilthjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:53 - Mar 29 by herefordunitedjack

£650 raised in Tesco, they'll be collecting for us again tomorrow!
£500 raised by a supporters short walk around the city.
£2,000 + raised by the Trust so far
£3,500 from donations to the clubs official website as of yesterday
Not sure as of yet what was raised today at the club through gate money and sales, guessing around £15,000.

Same again next weekend and fundraising in the week and it may start to look a bit healthier!

Going well then, how about getting into the other supermarkets, everyone has a spare quid, and it all adds up. If every business had a bucket in store for a week maybe?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 23:05 - Mar 29 with 1746 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 22:01 - Mar 29 by builthjack

Going well then, how about getting into the other supermarkets, everyone has a spare quid, and it all adds up. If every business had a bucket in store for a week maybe?

Thanks, have the numbers of the other supermarkets in Hereford ready to call in the morning. Will call around some of the local businesses too.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 02:11 - Mar 30 with 1726 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The PayPal link you posted did not work for me, so I instead used your website and did it that way. It's only £1 but if enough people give £1 then it won't take long to raise your desired amount. Once again, good luck.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 07:15 - Mar 30 with 1711 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 02:11 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The PayPal link you posted did not work for me, so I instead used your website and did it that way. It's only £1 but if enough people give £1 then it won't take long to raise your desired amount. Once again, good luck.

Thanks DYS, every pound helps towards the goal!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=MjkGm7O90-fyDitCf2hEA

Perhaps the above link may work for anyone else that would like to donate? 50p or a £1 or whatever you can, it all adds up!

Otherwise you can donate through the Trust website. The donation link is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.hufctrust.co.uk/
[Post edited 30 Mar 2014 7:15]
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 07:26 - Mar 30 with 1704 viewsherefordunitedjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591164/Death-giantkiller-Here

A recent Daily Mail article on our bid for survival for anyone that's interested. I'm not sure on their title though, the death of the giant-killers. We are by no means dead and will fight to the 7th April to stave off the dreaded liquidation!

For those that Tweet, please tweet our plight to your followers!

https://twitter.com/HerefordUnited1
[Post edited 30 Mar 2014 7:34]
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:22 - Mar 31 with 1654 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 07:26 - Mar 30 by herefordunitedjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591164/Death-giantkiller-Here

A recent Daily Mail article on our bid for survival for anyone that's interested. I'm not sure on their title though, the death of the giant-killers. We are by no means dead and will fight to the 7th April to stave off the dreaded liquidation!

For those that Tweet, please tweet our plight to your followers!

https://twitter.com/HerefordUnited1
[Post edited 30 Mar 2014 7:34]

UPDATE:

£8,800 donated to the club so far, thanks for your donations and support.

Trust has received nearly £2,500 in donations.

Our attendance was over 1,000 more than the average on Saturday, lets hope this can be repeated this weekend.

After seeing our plight on Twitter, Omid Djalili will be performing a save Hereford United comedy on Sunday 6th April with all funds going direct to the club. A great gesture!

Club historian Ron Parrott among others will be on BBC Midlands Today news at 6:30pm tonight.

Tickets for our match on April 5th against Woking can be bought online now for those that want to come and show support. I'd love to see some Swansea shirts in the crowd!

http://www.idsports.net/shop/Hereford-United-FC-Tickets/

All the best and thanks again for your support.

HUJ
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:17 - Apr 1 with 1599 viewsbuilthjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:22 - Mar 31 by herefordunitedjack

UPDATE:

£8,800 donated to the club so far, thanks for your donations and support.

Trust has received nearly £2,500 in donations.

Our attendance was over 1,000 more than the average on Saturday, lets hope this can be repeated this weekend.

After seeing our plight on Twitter, Omid Djalili will be performing a save Hereford United comedy on Sunday 6th April with all funds going direct to the club. A great gesture!

Club historian Ron Parrott among others will be on BBC Midlands Today news at 6:30pm tonight.

Tickets for our match on April 5th against Woking can be bought online now for those that want to come and show support. I'd love to see some Swansea shirts in the crowd!

http://www.idsports.net/shop/Hereford-United-FC-Tickets/

All the best and thanks again for your support.

HUJ

The fundraising looks to be going quite well, must be about £20-£25000 ?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:59 - Apr 1 with 1574 viewswernjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:17 - Apr 1 by builthjack

i was in the youth team there 2009 till 2011 super club found it hard last few years since graham turner left all the best i really hope you can get out of it !!!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:12 - Apr 1 with 1552 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:17 - Apr 1 by builthjack

Chairman says we have £20,000 in the 'fighting fund'. Personally I think there is more than that with the donations and takings from last weekend and the events so far this week but we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed we make it to £78,000 or that someone can put in a loan to cover it.

The supporters and staff are doing all they can, they've been amazing so far. Lets hope this fund raising and generosity continues.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:36 - Apr 1 with 1543 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:59 - Apr 1 by wernjack

i was in the youth team there 2009 till 2011 super club found it hard last few years since graham turner left all the best i really hope you can get out of it !!!

Thanks, it's been tough since Turner left. Keyte has his heart in the right place but it seems to me that he wants to do everything at once and then there isn't enough to cover the shortfall.

Turner managed a side on a shoestring budget, he understood that you need the cash to get by and was reluctant to spend on anything unless it was absolutely necessary. In my eyes this is the correct way to do it.

It seems to me, and this is only my opinion, that Keyte has put in his own amount of money, a significant amount of money, to re-fit the supporters club, buy the ground leases back and develop a youth team. Yes, the youth team have done great, yes the supporters club is making a profit and yes the leases are worth having but has this come at a cost of lack of spending on the pitch and no more funds left to balance the books, I believe so!

I'd rather have no youth team, no leases from the council and just the one bar and have a good league side. This expenditure, coupled with the fact that we lost nearly £900k of football league funding from our relegation means that he is now unwilling to put any more funds in to the club.

Turner did a great job in charge, and for saving the club. Will Keyte do the same and fund the difference on the Tax if the supporters can't meet the cost. I'm not sure.

Cheers for the support Wernjack! Who do you play for now?
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:43 - Apr 1 with 1539 viewsLeonisGod

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:50 - Mar 28 by herefordunitedjack

Yes, it really aggravates me when I speak with people who live less than two miles away from their local town/city club in the lower leagues but never turn up to matches and instead purchase Sky packages to watch teams they have little or no connection with. Why not take a mate to watch your local team and put something back in to the community you live in. This is why most of the lower league teams are struggling. We've had a gradual decrease in attendance and we have got to the point that it is now half of what it was 5 years ago.

Spot on that. I've moved around a lot and always gone to games at my nearest team if I can. And you never know where the journey will take you. Little did I know at my first Swans match at the vetch 7 years ago that I'd end up a season ticket holder and watching them win twice at Wembley.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 23:37 - Apr 1 with 1506 viewsRuDeMan1970

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:43 - Apr 1 by LeonisGod

Spot on that. I've moved around a lot and always gone to games at my nearest team if I can. And you never know where the journey will take you. Little did I know at my first Swans match at the vetch 7 years ago that I'd end up a season ticket holder and watching them win twice at Wembley.

I don't wanna sound pedantic, mate, but are you sure you've only been a Swans fan for 7 years? We left The Vetch NINE years ago now!!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 00:46 - Apr 2 with 1489 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 23:37 - Apr 1 by RuDeMan1970

I don't wanna sound pedantic, mate, but are you sure you've only been a Swans fan for 7 years? We left The Vetch NINE years ago now!!

Time really does fly when you're having fun!
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 0:47]
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 09:37 - Apr 2 with 1461 viewsSpringHeeledJack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:39 - Mar 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rivals? We should be hoping that Manchester United win all their games every season, along with Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The less points the likes of Stoke, Palace, Cardiff, Fulham and so get against the big clubs the better.

Secondly, why would I pay £20 or so a ticket plus the £2 or so for the train to Stockport when I can go and watch a game at The Theatre of Dreams for less? The hate I get for this puzzles me, it really does.

I think it's the fact you do things like call Old Trafford 'The Theatre of Dreams' that gets people's backs up tbh.

Agree with you on the first point, but they are still our rivals, if not our 'direct' rivals.

Anyway, that was a digression from this worthy cause. Hope it all goes well, hate to see clubs in trouble.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 9:38]

@SwanThisDay

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024