Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! 22:44 - Mar 27 with 16830 viewsherefordunitedjack

Evening all,

As some of you may already know my home town club Hereford United are in serious financial difficulties. To cut things short we need £78,000 by April 7th to avoid administration.

The support we have received so far from the football community has been tremendous and our supporters are doing a great job, but this is something that we cannot face alone and any donations that you could make would be warmly received.

I'm currently studying at Swansea University and in my spare time when I can't make it home to watch the Bulls I enjoy watching the Swans. The last match was against Palace which I took my father and brother along with me to watch.

I hate to think what may happen to my club if this money isn't raised in the next two weeks, it would be a huge loss to the City and a loss to the football world.

I urge you all to try to help out wherever and in whatever capacity you can. Whether that be liking our Facebook page or donating to our club online, below are a few suggestions:

- Liking and sharing our Facebook page
- Sending messages of support
- Joining our Hereford United Supporters Trust
- Donating whatever amount you can through the official website or trust
- Joining our Back The Bulls Lottery
- For those that may be in 'our neck of the woods' try to make a Hereford match.
- Purchasing shares, available on the club website
- Donating items such as football shirts or memorabilia to auction off
- Holding a collection outside your ground and in the hospitality suites

Any other ideas, suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Below is the link to donate.

http://www.idsports.net/shop/Hereford-United-Club-Donation/

Wishing you all the best for your remaining 7 games!

G.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:03 - Apr 2 with 1830 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 09:37 - Apr 2 by SpringHeeledJack

I think it's the fact you do things like call Old Trafford 'The Theatre of Dreams' that gets people's backs up tbh.

Agree with you on the first point, but they are still our rivals, if not our 'direct' rivals.

Anyway, that was a digression from this worthy cause. Hope it all goes well, hate to see clubs in trouble.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 9:38]

Thanks, everyone at the club is working very hard, along with the supporters and football fans across the country to make sure that the funds will be raised by Monday. Will post an update towards the end of the week, fingers crossed with very good news!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:03 - Apr 2 with 1808 viewsbuilthjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:03 - Apr 2 by herefordunitedjack

Thanks, everyone at the club is working very hard, along with the supporters and football fans across the country to make sure that the funds will be raised by Monday. Will post an update towards the end of the week, fingers crossed with very good news!

I can't make it to Hull on Sat, but have rounded up a few - 8 of us - to come and watch Hereford on Sat. All from the Builth area.
The comedian Omid Djalili has done a great job, looks like his shows will raise at least £15000 for the club. Well done to you fans, hopefully you will raise the money needed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:53 - Apr 2 with 1779 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 14:03 - Apr 2 by builthjack

I can't make it to Hull on Sat, but have rounded up a few - 8 of us - to come and watch Hereford on Sat. All from the Builth area.
The comedian Omid Djalili has done a great job, looks like his shows will raise at least £15000 for the club. Well done to you fans, hopefully you will raise the money needed.

This is great news, I have a lot of uni commitments at the moment but hope to make it back even if it's just for the day.

I'll drop you a PM on Friday to let you know if i'll be there, I should be. If I am i'd love to meet you all before the match to thank you. My season tickets for the Meadow End, you're welcome to join me, my family and friends there.

Djalili has done a great job for us, he wants to raise between £15-20,000. I'm sure that's about the right figure.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 10:59 - Apr 3 with 1715 viewsSpringHeeledJack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:53 - Apr 2 by herefordunitedjack

This is great news, I have a lot of uni commitments at the moment but hope to make it back even if it's just for the day.

I'll drop you a PM on Friday to let you know if i'll be there, I should be. If I am i'd love to meet you all before the match to thank you. My season tickets for the Meadow End, you're welcome to join me, my family and friends there.

Djalili has done a great job for us, he wants to raise between £15-20,000. I'm sure that's about the right figure.

Maybe it's already been mentioned, but what's the connection between Djalili and Hereford? Is there one, or is he just a really decent bloke?

@SwanThisDay

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 1707 viewsbuilthjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 10:59 - Apr 3 by SpringHeeledJack

Maybe it's already been mentioned, but what's the connection between Djalili and Hereford? Is there one, or is he just a really decent bloke?

His agent is from near Hereford, I think that's right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 15:44 - Apr 3 with 1687 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 11:12 - Apr 3 by builthjack

His agent is from near Hereford, I think that's right.

Yeah, I believe his agent is from Ledbury and a Hereford United supporter, that coupled with the tweets he recieved led him to help out.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:31 - May 2 with 1615 viewsherefordunitedjack

A number of Hereford United supporters will be at your match tomorrow with a collection raising funds to help keep our club afloat during the close season.

I'm very pleased to report that we have won our fight to stay in the Skrill Premier, but we've still got a long way to go. The next tax bill is due in about 6 weeks and we are still unable to pay creditors.

Do look out for our supporters tomorrow around the ground and any donations would be warmly received!

G.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:45 - May 2 with 1603 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:31 - May 2 by herefordunitedjack

A number of Hereford United supporters will be at your match tomorrow with a collection raising funds to help keep our club afloat during the close season.

I'm very pleased to report that we have won our fight to stay in the Skrill Premier, but we've still got a long way to go. The next tax bill is due in about 6 weeks and we are still unable to pay creditors.

Do look out for our supporters tomorrow around the ground and any donations would be warmly received!

G.

Are you going to have to keep raising money to pay every tax bill that arises? Do your supporters have a solution to your current predicament?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:04 - May 2 with 1588 viewsherefordunitedjack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 17:45 - May 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you going to have to keep raising money to pay every tax bill that arises? Do your supporters have a solution to your current predicament?

The supporters have been, as always very generous, loyal and committed to raising the funds to help solve the situation we are in.

I personally find that now premier league matches are more accessible via streaming etc. Grassroots football and lower league football has struggled. Is it also right that for one mans weekly pay (Rooney and others) a football club with 90 years of history closes down. This is no excuse for our own situation and I understand the economic argument that some have, that says if we can't meet our debts when due we shouldn't be operating.

Since relegation from the football league, we've had a drastic cut in funding, I don't know the exact figure but close to £800,00 per season I'd guess and when a club is only turning over £2-2.5 million, this is a very significant amount.

The supporters trust is working very hard to get an offer together to take over the club, whether this will be accepted by the board I don't know. They have know received pledges of funds totaling a 6 figure amount.

The staff are also working very hard, most of which haven't been paid for months. They deserve a lot of credit for all their hard work.

We have fundraising events going on at the moment and these will continue!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:45 - May 4 with 1508 viewsherefordunitedjack

£1,743 collected around the ground yesterday. Thank you so much for your generosity!
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:51 - May 4 with 1494 viewsNeath_Jack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:45 - May 4 by herefordunitedjack

£1,743 collected around the ground yesterday. Thank you so much for your generosity!

Thought a lot more would have been raised. Every little helps as they say.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:52 - May 4 with 1489 viewsDarran

Tight bastards that's like 20p each.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:22 - May 4 with 1389 viewsBigDoug

The lady collecting at the turnstyle I entered looked as enthusiastic as a Cardiff fan at a Simply Red concert . I stuck a couple if quid in but a little more animation and I'm sure her bucket would have filled a bit quicker.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:28 - May 4 with 1379 viewsmax936

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:22 - May 4 by BigDoug

The lady collecting at the turnstyle I entered looked as enthusiastic as a Cardiff fan at a Simply Red concert . I stuck a couple if quid in but a little more animation and I'm sure her bucket would have filled a bit quicker.

Fella under the South Stand did ok I think, he seemed to get plenty putting cash in anyway.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:14 - May 4 with 1278 viewsbermudajack

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 16:28 - May 4 by max936

Fella under the South Stand did ok I think, he seemed to get plenty putting cash in anyway.

I put a fiver into the bucket, but a little over a grand is quite pathetic when you consider over 20,000 fans attended the game...

Just another example of an "I'm alright Jack" attitude...

I think part of the problem is there's always collection buckets there and it becomes a bit incessant with every game.

I'm sure most folk didn't realise the future of a football club is at stake

Poll: Priority for new manager?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:17 - May 4 with 1271 viewsIAN05

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:14 - May 4 by bermudajack

I put a fiver into the bucket, but a little over a grand is quite pathetic when you consider over 20,000 fans attended the game...

Just another example of an "I'm alright Jack" attitude...

I think part of the problem is there's always collection buckets there and it becomes a bit incessant with every game.

I'm sure most folk didn't realise the future of a football club is at stake

Every game is overkill. I've done it once at the stadium and you have to try and talk to people as they will easily miss you otherwise.

We put a few pretty and bubbly girls in strategic areas and raised over 5k.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:36 - May 4 with 1252 viewsNewhousemustscore

I walked past rossis and around the stadium and went through the turnstile in east stand and didn't see anyone collecting. I asked the guys around me and people in the west stand & they didn't see anyone either. I was happy to give a fiver. Where were they?
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:55 - May 4 with 1235 viewsKennedy

There were a couple in the East put a few quid in, as did others but as others said no talking about anything or even thank you when people put money in.

And TBH there are always collection buckets so most unless you say what they for would have ignored them

Just call me JFK

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:56 - May 4 with 1205 viewsjacksinceever

Tight sods. Christ I thought they'd get about £20k (based on about £1 per person)
17p per person means that as lots of us gave in excess of £1, many of you tight wods gave nothing.
Shame on you
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:04 - May 4 with 1193 viewsSTEVE1

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 19:56 - May 4 by jacksinceever

Tight sods. Christ I thought they'd get about £20k (based on about £1 per person)
17p per person means that as lots of us gave in excess of £1, many of you tight wods gave nothing.
Shame on you

Not everybody is going to give that is just the way of the world you have thousands of kids as well but I would have thought they could have got more than that.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:05 - May 4 with 1192 viewsdgt73

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 13:52 - May 4 by Darran

Tight bastards that's like 20p each.

Well I gave £1 and happy to do so.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:22 - May 4 with 1174 viewsDarran

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 18:17 - May 4 by IAN05

Every game is overkill. I've done it once at the stadium and you have to try and talk to people as they will easily miss you otherwise.

We put a few pretty and bubbly girls in strategic areas and raised over 5k.

Your sister was involved then?

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:25 - May 4 with 1171 viewsIAN05

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:22 - May 4 by Darran

Your sister was involved then?

Ha, actually not. She was still working for club then, but we managed to get some of her friends.
HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:25 - May 4 with 1170 viewsDarran

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 20:25 - May 4 by IAN05

Ha, actually not. She was still working for club then, but we managed to get some of her friends.

HELP SAVE HEREFORD UNITED! on 21:07 - May 4 with 1141 viewshufcsteve

Hi, thanks for all your donations yesterday. Me and my son were stood in the West Stand and spoke to a number of your fans. ALL said very kind things and wished us the best for the future. This was the first Premier League ground my son has been to - a bit different to Edgar Street!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024