Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry wants it then 17:37 - Mar 30 with 10713 viewsDarran

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9240830/premier-league-swansea-man

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry wants it then on 17:06 - Mar 31 with 1118 viewsDarran

Garry wants it then on 17:05 - Mar 31 by icecoldjack

Yeah we would have definatly attracted different players...emnes,adomah,N'gog etc .

We'd gave attracted different players like we always have.

Garry wants it then on 17:07 - Mar 31 with 1117 viewsdameedna

Frank Arnesen

first appointed assistant coach at PSV under Bobby Robson from 1991 to 1993 and in 1994 he became the club's general manager

10 years as director of football at PSV Eindhoven, was credited with discovering Ronaldo, Jaap Stam, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben

May 2004, Tottenham Hotspur, replacing David Pleat. Arnesen was to function as the manager responsible for player transfers and scouting for new talent, while coach Jacques Santini handled the daily training sessions and match setups; an arrangement identical to Arnesen's days as PSV manager

Arnesen has since played a key role in bringing Salomon Kalou, Florent Malouda and John Obi Mikel to Chelsea

As a Hamburg SV Sporting Director, Arnesen took Chelsea youngsters to Hamburg like Jacopo Sala, Michael Mancienne, Gökhan Töre, Slobodan Rajković (all permanent) and Jeffrey Bruma (on loan).
Garry wants it then on 17:12 - Mar 31 with 1106 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 16:02 - Mar 31 by Darran

Funny thing I have actually been told he's had the hump on since Loudstrop went so there might be a little truth in it.
It's not the norm though most players are only interested in one thing and that's the dosh.

Got to feel shafted if you come to a club for half wages because of the manager and they sack the manager, especially if replacement does not exactly rock your world.

Suppose same applies when manager promises to stay and you stay for that reason.

Thank goodness these players are professionals.

It takes a lot of balls to stand up and be counted (especially if you are new and not a bolshy club or team Captain). If this is true I think he is doing it for the good of our club so we can get the sort of manager who will help us crack on.

Darran didn't you say only Pabs wanted Laudrup to stay FACT?

Think how attractive Laudrup could have been to players if they actually liked and respected him.
Garry wants it then on 17:12 - Mar 31 with 1104 viewscockneyswan

I think GM could be a good Swans manager (considering our resources), he knows our club inside out. He has served his apprenticeship under two of the most successful Prem managers ( Martinez and BR). We have done the foreign managers ML and Souza, wasn’t great was it? When Martinez came in many said (including me ) he was the wrong man (no experience), thankfully we were proved wrong. GM will inevitably make some mistakes he is still learning. Liverpool’s most successful period was when they only promoted from within the club (Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan).
Personally I really hope GM gets a chance at the job we should be rewarding loyalty.
Garry wants it then on 17:15 - Mar 31 with 1098 viewsDarran

Garry wants it then on 17:12 - Mar 31 by Spratty

Got to feel shafted if you come to a club for half wages because of the manager and they sack the manager, especially if replacement does not exactly rock your world.

Suppose same applies when manager promises to stay and you stay for that reason.

Thank goodness these players are professionals.

It takes a lot of balls to stand up and be counted (especially if you are new and not a bolshy club or team Captain). If this is true I think he is doing it for the good of our club so we can get the sort of manager who will help us crack on.

Darran didn't you say only Pabs wanted Laudrup to stay FACT?

Think how attractive Laudrup could have been to players if they actually liked and respected him.

I didn't say Canas wanted him to stay I said he had the hump and carried on.

Garry wants it then on 17:18 - Mar 31 with 1087 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 17:15 - Mar 31 by Darran

I didn't say Canas wanted him to stay I said he had the hump and carried on.

Um what do you think he had the hump about
Garry wants it then on 17:19 - Mar 31 with 1081 viewsDarran

Garry wants it then on 17:18 - Mar 31 by Spratty

Um what do you think he had the hump about

Apparently it was to do with Laudrup not contacting the players to say goodbye.

Garry wants it then on 17:25 - Mar 31 with 1060 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 17:12 - Mar 31 by cockneyswan

I think GM could be a good Swans manager (considering our resources), he knows our club inside out. He has served his apprenticeship under two of the most successful Prem managers ( Martinez and BR). We have done the foreign managers ML and Souza, wasn’t great was it? When Martinez came in many said (including me ) he was the wrong man (no experience), thankfully we were proved wrong. GM will inevitably make some mistakes he is still learning. Liverpool’s most successful period was when they only promoted from within the club (Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan).
Personally I really hope GM gets a chance at the job we should be rewarding loyalty.

IMHO loyalty is staying at a club when your stock is high.

Having ML as manager wasn't great - the most successful year in our history has been said by Many. COC win, top ten finish in PL. Our fantastic European adventure. Some of the classiest players in our history, bargain of the PL.

Wasn't great! It was what fekking dreams are made of and it was our club.

God alone knows what you are expecting Garry to deliver to top that and be a little better than not great.
Login to get fewer ads

Garry wants it then on 17:34 - Mar 31 with 1049 viewscockneyswan

Garry wants it then on 17:25 - Mar 31 by Spratty

Having ML as manager wasn't great - the most successful year in our history has been said by Many. COC win, top ten finish in PL. Our fantastic European adventure. Some of the classiest players in our history, bargain of the PL.

God alone knows what you are expecting Garry to deliver to top that and be a little better than not great.

When the chips were down ML pis*ed off to Paris, not what we needed. I agree he was good, but for whatever reason he seemed to lose interest, were were "sleepwalking into relegation.

GM will work tirelessly for the Swans.
Garry wants it then on 17:36 - Mar 31 with 1042 viewsDarran

Garry wants it then on 17:34 - Mar 31 by cockneyswan

When the chips were down ML pis*ed off to Paris, not what we needed. I agree he was good, but for whatever reason he seemed to lose interest, were were "sleepwalking into relegation.

GM will work tirelessly for the Swans.

Oh God you shouldn't have said that don't you realise he's in love with Michael Laudrup?

Garry wants it then on 17:43 - Mar 31 with 1024 viewsLiam12345

i dont think garry has done that bad the one awful result being west brom because of poor tactics which he also made the mistakes in other games but he will learn and start to get things right fro example saturday he was spot on. Garry will be a successful manager maybe not yet but he will be.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Garry wants it then on 18:01 - Mar 31 with 994 viewsVetchitBack

I think it has to be a seemingly perfect fit to oust Monk, although my avatar betrays a certain bias.

Say we really do push on and finish comfortably with a flourish, if he's still "not ready" then then maybe he should aim higher than little ole Swans?

I think to an extent familiarity has bred contempt with the Palace and West Brom games giving doubters a great excuse. I certainly feel he has not been given the benefit of the doubt whereas a shiny new foreigner would have.

If we do finish well it'll be odd that we can't forgive a wobble from a manager who appears to have learned lessons fast.

As far as the who can he attract? business, he might have a great eye for a player - he's hardly had a chance so far.

Also arguably part of our success as a club is that we haven't always listened to the mob and gone for the clichéd big name?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 18:03]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Garry wants it then on 18:04 - Mar 31 with 980 viewscockneyswan

Garry wants it then on 18:01 - Mar 31 by VetchitBack

I think it has to be a seemingly perfect fit to oust Monk, although my avatar betrays a certain bias.

Say we really do push on and finish comfortably with a flourish, if he's still "not ready" then then maybe he should aim higher than little ole Swans?

I think to an extent familiarity has bred contempt with the Palace and West Brom games giving doubters a great excuse. I certainly feel he has not been given the benefit of the doubt whereas a shiny new foreigner would have.

If we do finish well it'll be odd that we can't forgive a wobble from a manager who appears to have learned lessons fast.

As far as the who can he attract? business, he might have a great eye for a player - he's hardly had a chance so far.

Also arguably part of our success as a club is that we haven't always listened to the mob and gone for the clichéd big name?

Good post
Garry wants it then on 18:22 - Mar 31 with 950 viewsApeShit

A good post except for the part where you say he should aim higher than the Swans?

I don't think any other team in the Premier League would hire a manager with NO previous managerial experience.

He might be good for us, but thats mainly down to he knows the players and the club inside out.
Garry wants it then on 18:24 - Mar 31 with 946 viewsDafyddHuw

Whilst on the subject of next season's manager, there's the problem of clubs already contacting players/clubs/agents for availability/price/salary.. You have to progress just to stand still.

My concern is that by the time we've sorted this out, especially if we're getting in an outside manager (my preference) then all the affordable talent will have been hoovered up.
Garry wants it then on 18:29 - Mar 31 with 933 viewsVetchitBack

Garry wants it then on 18:22 - Mar 31 by ApeShit

A good post except for the part where you say he should aim higher than the Swans?

I don't think any other team in the Premier League would hire a manager with NO previous managerial experience.

He might be good for us, but thats mainly down to he knows the players and the club inside out.

A little joke based on the premise that if (IF) we finish strongly and some deem him still to not be ready then imagine how good he'll be when is?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Garry wants it then on 18:43 - Mar 31 with 906 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course Garry wants it. He'll be in charge until around November before we finally let him go and he will have a colossal payoff to ensure he and his family have a marvelous Christmas. Garry may even buy Mrs Monk a second laptop so she can continue to argue with the numerous children who say a bad word about her husband on social media.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry wants it then on 18:53 - Mar 31 with 891 viewsApeShit

Garry wants it then on 18:43 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course Garry wants it. He'll be in charge until around November before we finally let him go and he will have a colossal payoff to ensure he and his family have a marvelous Christmas. Garry may even buy Mrs Monk a second laptop so she can continue to argue with the numerous children who say a bad word about her husband on social media.

You joke, but I'm afraid this might be our reality soon enough.
Garry wants it then on 19:27 - Mar 31 with 869 viewslibertine

exactly look whats happened with united, Moyes hardly brought any new players in and got all desperate. worst season everish.

We don't want that to happen,

we still don't know what the daft decisions in January may have caused. I think we've already sold Ki, but what happens if they go down will they still buy him.

ML didn't go to Paris, that was just a bit of nasty hype to make all the fans dislike him so we could get everybody on side to sack him, eyes open!
Garry wants it then on 21:09 - Mar 31 with 831 viewsStarsky

Garry wants it then on 15:59 - Mar 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Whether it was double or not isn't the point. I'm prepared to believe - and it was widely accepted and noted at the time - that WBA offered him a bigger financial package, but he chose to come to us for other reasons, one of which was the manager.

I think the deciding factor may have been a plethora of Spanish players already here that he could integrate with.

It's just the internet, init.

Garry wants it then on 21:17 - Mar 31 with 817 viewsStarsky

Garry wants it then on 17:25 - Mar 31 by Spratty

While you daydream about beating Bradford 5-0 in the cup final, I am shuddering at what we'd become when losing to West Ham away.
Spratty... Our centenary season was our best ever... FACT.
However, towards the end of his tenure, he and the Swans relationship had run it's course and he had to go... FACT.

It's just the internet, init.

Garry wants it then on 21:36 - Mar 31 with 799 viewsUxbridge

Your post seems to imply that results have been so good under Monk that a) the job is Monk's to lose and b) the Palace and WBA games were the outliers. That just isn't backed by what's happened.

Good luck with him getting the manager's job at a club higher than SCFC. He's only in the mix here because of circumstance.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry wants it then on 21:42 - Mar 31 with 787 viewsPrivate_Partz

100% agree Spratty. How anyone can dismiss the fact that we had unprecedented injuries, including our talisman striker, yet we were no worse off than half the premiership despite our European adventures is beyond me.
It looks like the Board's knee jerk reaction is not going to result in our losing our Premiership status (thank God!) but it was reckless at best.
'Sleepwalking into relegation'. I have read that a few times but the truth is we were almost at the same level as last season premiership results.
I hope ML was sacked for more than delegating duties, not shouting enough and not giving the players a cwtch.
If that is the case I may understand the decision to sack him however I would always question the manner and the timing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Garry wants it then on 21:42 - Mar 31 with 786 viewsAnotherJohn

Garry wants it then on 21:17 - Mar 31 by Starsky

While you daydream about beating Bradford 5-0 in the cup final, I am shuddering at what we'd become when losing to West Ham away.
Spratty... Our centenary season was our best ever... FACT.
However, towards the end of his tenure, he and the Swans relationship had run it's course and he had to go... FACT.

We didn't play well at West Ham. But it was a 2-0 defeat and not the kind of hammering that some of our rivals have been taking. It was also the beginning of a good West Ham run, when they turned over several other teams. So my own view is that people are harping on about that match a bit too much. I suppose it is necessary to manufacture a really bad result to take the gloss off the Fulham and Manchester United victories and justify what happened next.
Garry wants it then on 21:55 - Mar 31 with 766 viewsPrivate_Partz

Another John. I put I down to blind faith in the Board. They have done a fantastic job. I sang 'one Huw Jenkins' at the end of the Valencia game.
This cannot detract from the fact that a reckless decision was taken with our club (now a multi million pound business).
I will continue to support the board but most certainly will chime in when I perceive they are in the wrong.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024