Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry wants it then 17:37 - Mar 30 with 10717 viewsDarran

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9240830/premier-league-swansea-man

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry wants it then on 18:12 - Apr 1 with 1098 viewsVetchitBack

Garry wants it then on 21:36 - Mar 31 by Uxbridge

Your post seems to imply that results have been so good under Monk that a) the job is Monk's to lose and b) the Palace and WBA games were the outliers. That just isn't backed by what's happened.

Good luck with him getting the manager's job at a club higher than SCFC. He's only in the mix here because of circumstance.

You seem one of the more reasoned posters on here but much of that post is evidently untrue.

I've implied the opposite by saying things like "if we end well" or "if we finish with a flourish".

Results have not been great but performances have been a marked improvement and this fuels my belief that results will improve also.

As for Palace and West Brom being outliers - forgive me but does that mean you think they were part of a trend? Well we were playing well before and it's looking like after as well.

To me the difference is the Pro-Monk camp are waiting till the end of the season to make a verdict whereas Anti-Monk have already decided.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Garry wants it then on 18:26 - Apr 1 with 1074 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 21:17 - Mar 31 by Starsky

While you daydream about beating Bradford 5-0 in the cup final, I am shuddering at what we'd become when losing to West Ham away.
Spratty... Our centenary season was our best ever... FACT.
However, towards the end of his tenure, he and the Swans relationship had run it's course and he had to go... FACT.

Sorry to disappoint beating Bradford in the COC final does not feature in my dreams.

If I were to dream of such things think it would be more likely holding Chelsea home and away without them scoring. Beating Arsenal and Valencia away - some of my favourites from that period. Have many more pre ML.

Might even debate Centenary best ever but was PDG

It is your final FACT I would like supporting and objective evidence on.

Even if that evidence is satisfactory did that merit replacing him with an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager at the cost £millions in compo and bad chi all round when ML was on track to keep us up even with FA and Europa and long period of massive key injuries?

Would you say the sacking was handled professionally?

Do you think the lies and massive revisionism have been fair?

Should we even have embarked on this season with ML if Huw's relationship was so poor he published an article in a national newspaper on the morning of a key game criticising him?
Garry wants it then on 18:26 - Apr 1 with 1074 viewsC_jack

Garry wants it then on 18:12 - Apr 1 by VetchitBack

You seem one of the more reasoned posters on here but much of that post is evidently untrue.

I've implied the opposite by saying things like "if we end well" or "if we finish with a flourish".

Results have not been great but performances have been a marked improvement and this fuels my belief that results will improve also.

As for Palace and West Brom being outliers - forgive me but does that mean you think they were part of a trend? Well we were playing well before and it's looking like after as well.

To me the difference is the Pro-Monk camp are waiting till the end of the season to make a verdict whereas Anti-Monk have already decided.

I think you'll find that the Pro Monk camp has already decided that anyone who wants the club to rightfully search through all options, is Anti-Monk.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Garry wants it then on 18:27 - Apr 1 with 1072 viewsWarwickHunt

Probably because the anti-Monk camp want to challenge the likes of Newcastle, Everton and Spurs next season and not be in another relegation scrap.
Garry wants it then on 18:34 - Apr 1 with 1051 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 07:24 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

I see many still believe that Laudrup was an innocent angel who has been desperately unlucky to get the heave ho numerous times from various clubs for off pitch issues.

Who said ML was an innocent Angel and why would you say that in response to a factual post which presents (I would expect in most peoples eyes) a fair and balanced conclusion...............................

I see many still believe the nonsense and garbage spouted around the manager change.

Facts are ML didn't go to Paris
Club blocked ML from saying goodbye
At least 5 players wouldn't have gone to Swansea without ML
Clubs most successful season in a hundred years was with ML at the helm, accept it

Now just let it go - he did amazing for the club - so will the next manager, even if that one is Monk. He might need help on the recruitment side but that's easily fixable by removing the boards ass from the coffers and enlisting a good agency.
Garry wants it then on 19:06 - Apr 1 with 1011 views1983

Garry wants it then on 14:02 - Mar 31 by Baker

I just hope they employ someone without the monotone voice.

I involuntarily want to put my boot through my television whenever Monk speaks to the press.

I feel your pain Baker

As long as he keeps saying he loves the club,the fans, the clubshop, the cat most on here would be happy

Garry wants it then on 19:06 - Apr 1 with 1010 viewsexiledclaseboy

Garry wants it then on 07:08 - Apr 1 by mikl0s

I see many still believe the nonsense and garbage spouted around the manager change.

Facts are ML didn't go to Paris
Club blocked ML from saying goodbye
At least 5 players wouldn't have gone to Swansea without ML
Clubs most successful season in a hundred years was with ML at the helm, accept it

Now just let it go - he did amazing for the club - so will the next manager, even if that one is Monk. He might need help on the recruitment side but that's easily fixable by removing the boards ass from the coffers and enlisting a good agency.

"Facts are ML didn't go to Paris" - Unproven either way.

"Club blocked ML from saying goodbye" - According to Laudrup. Unproven either way.

"At least 5 players wouldn't have gone to Swansea without ML" - pure conjecture. Cannot be proven either way.

"Clubs most successful season in a hundred years was with ML at the helm, accept it" - Absolutely true.

Poll: Tory leader

Garry wants it then on 19:07 - Apr 1 with 1008 viewsItchySphincter

F*ck me Spratty, still getting minus points and I haven't touched the button yet. Take the hint butt.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Garry wants it then on 19:12 - Apr 1 with 998 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm far from convinced that Monk is the right man for us from next season onwards but regardless of that, he's going to get it anyway, rightly or wrongly. All predictions of either catastrophe or the next glorious chapter in the ongoing saga of the Swansea City success story are just p*ssing in the wind though. We just don't know either way.

It does seem though that some opinions on either side are so entrenched that some are almost willing him to fail just so they can be right. Don't get that like.

Poll: Tory leader

Garry wants it then on 19:16 - Apr 1 with 988 viewsItchySphincter

Garry wants it then on 19:12 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

I'm far from convinced that Monk is the right man for us from next season onwards but regardless of that, he's going to get it anyway, rightly or wrongly. All predictions of either catastrophe or the next glorious chapter in the ongoing saga of the Swansea City success story are just p*ssing in the wind though. We just don't know either way.

It does seem though that some opinions on either side are so entrenched that some are almost willing him to fail just so they can be right. Don't get that like.

I agree but would add that Cusack aside, we have made the greatest strides in recent years with unproven managers, whereas the big names we have taken have tended to stall after a season (Sousa) or two thirds of a season (Laudrup). That's not a slight on Cusack either.

Garry wants it then on 19:20 - Apr 1 with 975 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry wants it then on 19:12 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Well, if we buy 3 or 4 quality players and end up in the top half next season under Monk I'll be chuffed to bits.
With the best will in the world, I can't see it though...

The PL is a very unforgiving place and not one where you should be learning your trade.
Garry wants it then on 19:22 - Apr 1 with 972 viewsDr_Winston

Garry wants it then on 19:20 - Apr 1 by WarwickHunt

Well, if we buy 3 or 4 quality players and end up in the top half next season under Monk I'll be chuffed to bits.
With the best will in the world, I can't see it though...

The PL is a very unforgiving place and not one where you should be learning your trade.

We need some experience in the dugout. Be that Monk with someone else to bounce ideas off or a proven gaffer for Monk to learn from.

Going into next season with Monk supported by Clotet and Curt probably wouldn't be the wisest course of action.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry wants it then on 19:24 - Apr 1 with 960 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry wants it then on 19:22 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

We need some experience in the dugout. Be that Monk with someone else to bounce ideas off or a proven gaffer for Monk to learn from.

Going into next season with Monk supported by Clotet and Curt probably wouldn't be the wisest course of action.

Could have been a diplomat, Doc.
Garry wants it then on 19:28 - Apr 1 with 954 viewsMattG

If Monk is still involved then it is much more likely to be with an experienced Director of Football type figure above him - I can't see many decent, experienced managers wanting to accept Monk as part of their team and certainly not as their assistant.
Garry wants it then on 19:50 - Apr 1 with 931 viewsC_jack

Garry wants it then on 19:22 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

What proven manager would want to come with the purpose of grooming an apprentice though? I really can't see how that arrangement would work, knowing you're teaching someone to effectively take your job.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Garry wants it then on 19:51 - Apr 1 with 927 viewsmax936

Garry wants it then on 19:24 - Apr 1 by WarwickHunt

Could have been a diplomat, Doc.

Just call him Kofi Annan

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Garry wants it then on 19:57 - Apr 1 with 916 viewsDr_Winston

Garry wants it then on 19:51 - Apr 1 by max936

Just call him Kofi Annan

Always saw myself as more of a Dag Hammarskjold...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry wants it then on 20:15 - Apr 1 with 895 viewsVetchitBack

Garry wants it then on 18:26 - Apr 1 by C_jack

I think you'll find that the Pro Monk camp has already decided that anyone who wants the club to rightfully search through all options, is Anti-Monk.

I've personally said that someone would have to be a perfect fit to oust Monk so I must be pretty Anti-Monk.

No the Anti-Monk types are the ones who think it's fine to insult him even when he draws at Arsenal or beats Norwich.

Garry wants it then on 20:19 - Apr 1 with 888 viewsVetchitBack

Garry wants it then on 18:27 - Apr 1 by WarwickHunt

Probably because the anti-Monk camp want to challenge the likes of Newcastle, Everton and Spurs next season and not be in another relegation scrap.

Yeah loves relegation scraps me.

Could go tits up either way but if (say it again) IF we finish strongly I'd say he'd be a good choice. Non-Monk does not guarantee anything.

Garry wants it then on 09:56 - Apr 2 with 842 viewsItchySphincter

I think we have to simply back the club and board in their decision. If it's Monk, get behind him. That's not the same as saying he would be my first choice but if I was the club I would very, very wary of appointing another footballing dreamboat in the Sousa/Laudrup mould. Darran recommended Clement who seems to have a good pedigree without superstar status - could be worth a look if we're considering the likes of Koeman.

Garry wants it then on 12:06 - Apr 2 with 779 viewsTrundle10

Garry wants it then on 09:56 - Apr 2 by ItchySphincter

I think we have to simply back the club and board in their decision. If it's Monk, get behind him. That's not the same as saying he would be my first choice but if I was the club I would very, very wary of appointing another footballing dreamboat in the Sousa/Laudrup mould. Darran recommended Clement who seems to have a good pedigree without superstar status - could be worth a look if we're considering the likes of Koeman.

I would very, very wary of appointing another footballing dreamboat in the Sousa/Laudrup mould....

Why not? In case he were to deliver silverware and our highest ever league finish?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 12:06]
Garry wants it then on 13:40 - Apr 2 with 758 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A couple of questions for everyone who believes we should get an 'experienced head' in alongside Monk in the dugout for next season;

Who should this 'experienced' sidekick be? Who is going to want to be a number two to a man who is hugely inferior to himself in terms of experience and knowledge regarding managing a top club?

We should be actively seeking out people like Bielsa to be our permanent manager, someone who you can say with confidence will help progress Swansea City.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry wants it then on 13:45 - Apr 2 with 754 viewsJackSomething

Garry wants it then on 13:40 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A couple of questions for everyone who believes we should get an 'experienced head' in alongside Monk in the dugout for next season;

Who should this 'experienced' sidekick be? Who is going to want to be a number two to a man who is hugely inferior to himself in terms of experience and knowledge regarding managing a top club?

We should be actively seeking out people like Bielsa to be our permanent manager, someone who you can say with confidence will help progress Swansea City.

I'd like you to do it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Garry wants it then on 13:54 - Apr 2 with 737 viewsUxbridge

Something isn't untrue because it disagrees with your, admittedly biased, viewpoint.

So far under Monk we've had three types of games, wins against poor teams at the bottom, draws/defeats against poor teams at the bottom and defeats/couple of draws but decent performances against teams at the top. Now I would agree it's been a damn sight more enjoyable than it was under Laudrup's last few months, but are we actually better off? It's far from clear.

In terms of trends, the only obvious ones are that performances are better but results are, if anything, worse. You would expect the former to dictate the latter over time, but a) that doesn't always happen and history is littered with teams too good to go down going down, and b) it depends on why results have been poor and whether a rookie has the ability to learn quickly enough to make the adjustments necessary to do so.

Being pro or anti Monk is a daft question IMO. Nobody should be anti-Monk. Lads done great for us as a player and I wish him well as a manager. But making him manager when he has zero coaching experience and hasn't even completed his A license is a massive ask for anyone. Too much some would argue.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry wants it then on 14:38 - Apr 2 with 712 viewsmonmouth

I've got no axe to grind but results aren't worse are they ux? 24 points from 24 games ML; 9 from 7 GM? so much of a muchness so far. Ironically I thought in the last two successful games we adopted some 'Laudrupism' with a much less fraught first half which maybe gave us more puff for the second half, and a defensive mindset at the big team's gaff with less width and full backs getting forward into the space. Previously under Monk it seemed more like the full Brendinez.

Frankly I've stopped caring about who's manager. It's russian roullette anyway. GM is fine in my book if he consistently gets the points accumulating and the players are motivated and settled. The question of whether he can take us beyond our current boundaries clearly remains uncertainand open to opinion, but whetever happens I hope there's a solid immediate succession plan in place, because if the points and performances stop coming he doesn't have a cats chance in hell of dodging all the bullets that will be coming his way, and it's then that experience and proven competence counts.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 14:40]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024