Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry wants it then 17:37 - Mar 30 with 10769 viewsDarran

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9240830/premier-league-swansea-man

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry wants it then on 15:35 - Apr 3 with 921 viewsUxbridge

Garry wants it then on 15:28 - Apr 3 by MattG

I'd agree with that.

I'd also agree with Darren that every game is winnable.

But there's still (IMO anyway) a difference between a game we could win and a game we should win.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 15:31]

Well of course there is.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry wants it then on 15:42 - Apr 3 with 902 viewsacejack3065

If Gary gets 9 points in the next 6 games then it will be difficult to not give him the job IMO. The players are happy with him and the board are happy with him. Our football has improved, as have the performances. There were more than mutterings from the fans that under Laudrup we had lost out identity and way of playing football. Our expansive footballing game has returned under him.

He may not be the best man available, certainly not be most qualified but if it's starting to work and he's learning quickly then I don't see any reason for putting the club through more upheaval.
Garry wants it then on 16:27 - Apr 3 with 870 viewsZut_Alors

Garry wants it then on 15:42 - Apr 3 by acejack3065

If Gary gets 9 points in the next 6 games then it will be difficult to not give him the job IMO. The players are happy with him and the board are happy with him. Our football has improved, as have the performances. There were more than mutterings from the fans that under Laudrup we had lost out identity and way of playing football. Our expansive footballing game has returned under him.

He may not be the best man available, certainly not be most qualified but if it's starting to work and he's learning quickly then I don't see any reason for putting the club through more upheaval.

That about sums it up for me. I'm up for giving Monk the chance, providing we get a couple more wins and the mistakes of his earlier games in charge don't show up too often.

People are making a big deal about his ability to attract players, but the fact is playing in the premier league is in itself a huge attraction. The club have a good profile and some genuine stars now in Michu and Bony. For me, this summer, it's more about who we keep. If we can tie Ash down to a new contract, sign JDG permanently and keep Bony, I really can't see why we won't have a great chance of another top-10 finish.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 16:28]
Garry wants it then on 17:16 - Apr 3 with 849 viewslonglostjack

We should hire a trainer with more experience and an international profile like Vilas Boas, Martin Jol, Pepe Mel, Felix Magath .........

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Garry wants it then on 21:43 - Apr 3 with 817 viewsblaine_scfc

In my opinion the board knew Monk was the next manager weeks before they sacked Laudrup. Not happy with it personally but he will get my full support. The problem I think we now have is the reaction of players like Ash, Britton etc if someone else was to come in. Players here have to much power from what I can see.
Garry wants it then on 21:54 - Apr 3 with 806 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 21:43 - Apr 3 by blaine_scfc

In my opinion the board knew Monk was the next manager weeks before they sacked Laudrup. Not happy with it personally but he will get my full support. The problem I think we now have is the reaction of players like Ash, Britton etc if someone else was to come in. Players here have to much power from what I can see.

I suggested the board knew they were going to give Monk the job before Laudrup was sacked a few weeks ago and people were furious with me on here. I also believe Monk knew he was going to be manager before Laudrup was sacked. His appointment to the coaching team a week or two before the sacking makes it all the more suspicious.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry wants it then on 22:18 - Apr 3 with 791 viewsblaine_scfc

Garry wants it then on 21:54 - Apr 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I suggested the board knew they were going to give Monk the job before Laudrup was sacked a few weeks ago and people were furious with me on here. I also believe Monk knew he was going to be manager before Laudrup was sacked. His appointment to the coaching team a week or two before the sacking makes it all the more suspicious.

To be honest, I wasn't aware Monk was appointed to coaching staff? It seems pretty obvious to me without that anyhow.
Garry wants it then on 22:49 - Apr 3 with 777 viewsC_jack

Whatever happens between now and August, Garry Monk has played a blinder during all of this. Snaked (lets be honest) his way into getting work experience at the top of the tree, got his name and profile out in the biggest public eye in the world, and if he gets a good end to the season he becomes an incredibly attractive prospect to many clubs in the Football League.

Whether he gets the Swans job or not, Garry will be OK.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Garry wants it then on 23:01 - Apr 3 with 762 viewsNeathJack

Garry wants it then on 22:18 - Apr 3 by blaine_scfc

To be honest, I wasn't aware Monk was appointed to coaching staff? It seems pretty obvious to me without that anyhow.

He wasn't.
Garry wants it then on 23:02 - Apr 3 with 754 viewsSwansNZ

Garry wants it then on 23:01 - Apr 3 by NeathJack

He wasn't.

don't let facts get in the way of a good story
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 23:03]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Garry wants it then on 23:10 - Apr 3 with 750 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 23:01 - Apr 3 by NeathJack

He wasn't.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/swansea-city/news/monk-joins-swansea-coachi

It was reported by Sky Sports news and I remember reading about it from other news outlets. I will accept apologies via PM or in person at Hull on Saturday.

Garry wants it then on 23:13 - Apr 3 with 746 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 23:02 - Apr 3 by SwansNZ

don't let facts get in the way of a good story
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 23:03]

Here is a report from The Independent, incase the previous source wasn't reliable enough for you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/garry-monk-set-to-tak
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 23:18]

Garry wants it then on 23:26 - Apr 3 with 732 viewsNeathJack

Garry wants it then on 23:13 - Apr 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Here is a report from The Independent, incase the previous source wasn't reliable enough for you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/garry-monk-set-to-tak

Reportedly appointed.

Being lined up to take on some coaching duties.

Aye, that proves he had already been appointed to the coaching staff a couple of weeks before Laudrups sacking..........
Garry wants it then on 23:30 - Apr 3 with 725 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 23:26 - Apr 3 by NeathJack

Reportedly appointed.

Being lined up to take on some coaching duties.

Aye, that proves he had already been appointed to the coaching staff a couple of weeks before Laudrups sacking..........

I was mistaken as he was appointed to the coaching staff days before the sacking, not weeks, making it even more suspicious. It's funny how no official mention of this was published as that would make it obvious what was happening. I'm sure Michael knew what was going on and this is one of the reasons why he is taking legal action.

Garry wants it then on 00:06 - Apr 4 with 704 viewsSwansNZ

Garry wants it then on 23:13 - Apr 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Both of those stories appear to be on the day we sacked ML, not weeks before. They also say he looked to be joining the coaching staff, which of course he was on that day.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 0:06]

Garry wants it then on 00:14 - Apr 4 with 696 viewsDarran

Garry Monk had been giving a position on the coaching staff at the club weeks before Laudrup was sacked it just wasn't with the first team.

Garry wants it then on 00:18 - Apr 4 with 692 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 00:14 - Apr 4 by Darran

Garry Monk had been giving a position on the coaching staff at the club weeks before Laudrup was sacked it just wasn't with the first team.

Thank you, I was sure I read it / listened to it from official sources but I cannot remember exactly where from.

Garry wants it then on 00:21 - Apr 4 with 688 viewsDarran

Garry wants it then on 00:18 - Apr 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thank you, I was sure I read it / listened to it from official sources but I cannot remember exactly where from.

I read it too.

Garry wants it then on 00:23 - Apr 4 with 685 viewsSwansNZ

Garry wants it then on 00:18 - Apr 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That appointment has nothing to do with ML getting sacked tho, if it was not the first team squad.

Garry wants it then on 00:24 - Apr 4 with 681 viewsLiberty

Garry wants it then on 00:14 - Apr 4 by Darran

Under 8's, or was this another one.

Still under prepared for Prem management. Confident we will stay up, squad tidy, we can afford better than Monk.

If players dont like manager, change players, not manager.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Garry wants it then on 00:26 - Apr 4 with 678 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 00:23 - Apr 4 by SwansNZ

That appointment has nothing to do with ML getting sacked tho, if it was not the first team squad.

So Garry was given a new job which involved learning the coaching trade shortly before Laudrups sacking and you still are adamant the two events had nothing to do with each other? I certainly think they do. I have provided evidence to support my theory.

"But don't let the facts get in the way" of a good Dwight bashing.

Garry wants it then on 00:31 - Apr 4 with 674 viewsSwansNZ

Garry wants it then on 00:26 - Apr 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So Garry was given a new job which involved learning the coaching trade shortly before Laudrups sacking and you still are adamant the two events had nothing to do with each other? I certainly think they do. I have provided evidence to support my theory.

"But don't let the facts get in the way" of a good Dwight bashing.

Facts, what facts? You are seeing something and then interpreting it whatever way you want.

It is not a fact that Monk being given a role coaching role at the club had anything to do with ML getting the sack.

I thought it was well known Monk was working on his coaching badges, and as he was not really playing anymore, it makes sense that he get involved in some sort of coaching with the club.

Garry wants it then on 00:37 - Apr 4 with 669 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 00:31 - Apr 4 by SwansNZ

Facts, what facts? You are seeing something and then interpreting it whatever way you want.

It is not a fact that Monk being given a role coaching role at the club had anything to do with ML getting the sack.

I thought it was well known Monk was working on his coaching badges, and as he was not really playing anymore, it makes sense that he get involved in some sort of coaching with the club.

It wasn't well known he was working on his coaching badges. Has he even started them?

Garry wants it then on 00:41 - Apr 4 with 664 viewsSwansNZ

Garry wants it then on 00:37 - Apr 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It wasn't well known he was working on his coaching badges. Has he even started them?

Yes

Garry wants it then on 02:29 - Apr 4 with 643 viewsosh91

I think that the pressure of playing in the premier league is why so many of us are concerned about appointing Garry. I think we've gambled on young managers before and it has generally turned out well for us, but now we obviously have a lot more to lose if things doesn't work out for Monks. Personally I don't really think that there are any available managers out there who could do better and we should stick with Monks and let him develop as a manager. With regards to transfers apparently Aubameyang (currently at Dortmund) would of joined us in the summer because of laudrup but we couldn't afford to play him, it's not about the players we can attract, it's about the players Huw is willing to pay for.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024