Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pair of Tossers 00:19 - Mar 31 with 5302 viewsdearnley_pete

What do we have to do to get some recognition on The Football League Show
We know "claridge" doesnt like us I think he has twisted Bhasin the same way, if we were to win every game 4 or 5-0 we wouldnt get proper air time.
Admitted York are playing well and we have got a hard match ahead of us on Saturday but when it goes to league two the team at the top usually leads the show , but oh no not little old Rochdale, it as though we are just making up the numbers.
We have managed without these TOSSERS up to now, so when they DO want to come knocking, WHEN we win the league, we should tell them to piss off. We have managed all season without them so we will win it on our own.
This is my 56th season and I havent been this excited in all the years I've been following the Dale, even when we were 15 points ahead the last time, this is the year to go up as CHAMPIONS
Pair of Tossers on 00:34 - Mar 31 with 3957 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bhasin should stick to cricket.......knows nowt about footie,he's always looking at his notes.

and claridge,yes,a straight tosser.
Pair of Tossers on 07:14 - Mar 31 with 3836 viewsmacro

Radio five as well mentioned Pompey and scunny in the round up. Not dale though
Pair of Tossers on 07:22 - Mar 31 with 3826 viewsMass_Debater

Ridiculous OP. Why the paranoia?

We lead the League 2 section last week and Claridge, Leroy and manish have given us plenty of positive coverage down the years, as well as all the other league clubs.
Pair of Tossers on 08:14 - Mar 31 with 3774 viewsdingdangblue

Must admit the highlights of the "game of the day" in our division weren't much last Sat - guess there wasn't that many! I imagine they are waiting now till the game when we 'do it' before giving us any major coverage.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pair of Tossers on 09:40 - Mar 31 with 3639 viewsNafelad

I couldn't care less about the presenters of the Football League Show, or what they think. As far as I'm concerned, the programme would be better if it was all film highlights with commentary.

Topcat

Pair of Tossers on 10:11 - Mar 31 with 3557 viewsBarryStrange

Pair of Tossers on 09:40 - Mar 31 by Nafelad

I couldn't care less about the presenters of the Football League Show, or what they think. As far as I'm concerned, the programme would be better if it was all film highlights with commentary.

Completely agree. When ITV had the same programme with a bit of Gabriel Clarke audio over the top it was much better. Just a shame they insisted on showing it at about 4am.

I am sick to death of hearing about sodding Portsmouth. He even came out with "I mean that is a top 6 squad at Portsmouth". No it's not, that's why they are fighting relegation after 40 of the 46 games.
Pair of Tossers on 10:22 - Mar 31 with 3532 viewsSandyman

Pair of Tossers on 10:11 - Mar 31 by BarryStrange

Completely agree. When ITV had the same programme with a bit of Gabriel Clarke audio over the top it was much better. Just a shame they insisted on showing it at about 4am.

I am sick to death of hearing about sodding Portsmouth. He even came out with "I mean that is a top 6 squad at Portsmouth". No it's not, that's why they are fighting relegation after 40 of the 46 games.

Very true about Portsmouth - all these "experts" were predicting they would walk this division, them being billy big balls and all that. How wrong they were. As you mentioned, Claridge's comment about "a top 6 squad" was ridiculous. Granted they stuffed us at Fratton Park but were utterly inept up here last week - they looked bottom two not top six, and (allegedly) Claridge was there to see it.
Pair of Tossers on 10:54 - Mar 31 with 3480 viewsTVOS1907

Pair of Tossers on 10:22 - Mar 31 by Sandyman

Very true about Portsmouth - all these "experts" were predicting they would walk this division, them being billy big balls and all that. How wrong they were. As you mentioned, Claridge's comment about "a top 6 squad" was ridiculous. Granted they stuffed us at Fratton Park but were utterly inept up here last week - they looked bottom two not top six, and (allegedly) Claridge was there to see it.

Talking of which, I did a pre-season prediction thing for a website and I forecast Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers to be the top three!

That, of course, is why I very, very rarely have football bets!!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Pair of Tossers on 11:33 - Mar 31 with 3428 viewselectricblue

Not just the football league show...
Even NWT dont mention Dale we have been top of the league for two weeks now and not a dickie bird...
So bias i think somewhere at the beeb....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Pair of Tossers on 12:03 - Mar 31 with 3387 viewsdingdangblue

Pair of Tossers on 11:33 - Mar 31 by electricblue

Even NWT dont mention Dale we have been top of the league for two weeks now and not a dickie bird...

Late Burnley kick off is now on a Monday night thought with Tony Burnley Livesey.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pair of Tossers on 12:35 - Mar 31 with 3326 viewshull_dale19

Supposed lack of media coverage does not bother me in the slightest.

Would much rather stay under the radar and get on with our work quietly!
Pair of Tossers on 12:43 - Mar 31 with 3302 viewsBarryStrange

Typical BBC North West coverage - "I'm sorry we were about to bring you live coverage of Rochdale's wrapping up of the League Two title, the first in their history, but we've got no time as we need to talk about Manchester City for another four hours, who are not playing until tomorrow.

Now, who is our first boring, ill-informed caller to talk to the boring, ill-informed Fred Eyre"
Pair of Tossers on 12:43 - Mar 31 with 3301 viewsG_Dale

I don't get why GMR give Bolton and Wigan so much attention. I thought it was bbc greater manchester, and last time I checked Bolton and Wigan were in Lancashire, who are covered by BBC Lancashire?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Pair of Tossers on 13:22 - Mar 31 with 3217 viewsSuddenLad

Pair of Tossers on 12:43 - Mar 31 by G_Dale

I don't get why GMR give Bolton and Wigan so much attention. I thought it was bbc greater manchester, and last time I checked Bolton and Wigan were in Lancashire, who are covered by BBC Lancashire?

Bolton and Wigan have been part of Greater manchester since 1974.

For Radio Lancashire, you have Burnley, Accrington, Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End, Blackpool and a few non-league clubs.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pair of Tossers on 13:30 - Mar 31 with 3189 viewsDevonDale

Possibly the alleged media blackout has meant we're not willing to cooperate in the production of a piece?
Pair of Tossers on 13:46 - Mar 31 with 3164 viewsdeeplishblue

For a bit of balance, I quite like the FLS and don't mind the presenters. I think that Dale get their fair share of coverage. You can't expect them to focus on us every week.

Also I find that GMR are quite complimentary about our club, esp Jimmy Wagg. Isn't there one of our supporters on tonight at 18:00 ?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Pair of Tossers on 13:55 - Mar 31 with 3147 viewsmacro

I think it's courtesy to mention the leaders, it happens in all the other divisions. league two though is the oddity whoever is top the coverage on the whole is the same - poor.
A right media love in for Pompey, will Luton get the same treatment I wonder
Pair of Tossers on 13:58 - Mar 31 with 3134 viewsG_Dale

Pair of Tossers on 13:22 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

For Radio Lancashire, you have Burnley, Accrington, Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End, Blackpool and a few non-league clubs.

well that's me left red faced. I always thought they were lancs

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Pair of Tossers on 13:58 - Mar 31 with 3133 viewsTVOS1907

Pair of Tossers on 13:22 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

And Morecambe & Fleetwood.

Pair of Tossers on 14:06 - Mar 31 with 3104 viewsDaley_Lama

Pair of Tossers on 13:58 - Mar 31 by TVOS1907

And Morecambe & Fleetwood.

"and a few non-league clubs"

That's what he said.

#bigclubitis
[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 14:08]

Poll: DF in or out

Pair of Tossers on 14:30 - Mar 31 with 3043 viewsTVOS1907

Pair of Tossers on 14:06 - Mar 31 by Daley_Lama

"and a few non-league clubs"

That's what he said.

#bigclubitis
[Post edited 31 Mar 2014 14:08]

It was an open goal, tbf.

Pair of Tossers on 14:37 - Mar 31 with 3023 viewsDaley_Lama

Pair of Tossers on 14:30 - Mar 31 by TVOS1907

It was an open goal, tbf.

Just call me David Nugent

#obsessed.

Poll: DF in or out

Pair of Tossers on 14:55 - Mar 31 with 2944 viewsBarryStrange

Pair of Tossers on 14:37 - Mar 31 by Daley_Lama

Just call me David Nugent

#obsessed.

I think you'll find that's "England international marksman David Nugent".
Pair of Tossers on 18:44 - Mar 31 with 2699 viewsTalkingSutty

Pair of Tossers on 13:46 - Mar 31 by deeplishblue

For a bit of balance, I quite like the FLS and don't mind the presenters. I think that Dale get their fair share of coverage. You can't expect them to focus on us every week.

Also I find that GMR are quite complimentary about our club, esp Jimmy Wagg. Isn't there one of our supporters on tonight at 18:00 ?

They trailed the show a couple of days ago on GMR and cited Martin as the Dales number one fan . I think even he would be a bit embarrassed at being described as that !!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pair of Tossers on 18:54 - Mar 31 with 2680 viewsColDale

the only bit that surprised me was that having been at the Dale v Pompey game on Tuesday (and I'm guessing from his seats, he was somebody's guest rather than as a paying punter), he made no reference to it.. You'd have assumed that he'd have used this game to show an insight into teams at the top and the bottom, but looks like he was just there on a freebie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024