Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" 21:02 - Apr 25 with 9367 viewsNeathJack

And then appear to pull it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-garry-monk-wins-permanent-3
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:04 - Apr 25 with 4716 viewsNeath_Jack

Oh f*ck, there'll be some monumental break downs on here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:17 - Apr 25 with 4633 viewsBastardFace

https://www.google.co.uk/#q= http:%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fnews%2Fswanseas-garry-monk-wins

Swansea City will appoint Garry Monk as permanent ...
Mirror.co.uk ‎- by John Cross ‎- 51 minutes ago
The players believe Monk has the job, which should lift them for the rest of the season as a win against Villa today or any of their three ...
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:19 - Apr 25 with 4606 viewsJackoBoostardo

It mentions Villa "today", indicating this was a story intended for tomorrow?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:20 - Apr 25 with 4589 viewsjunior_jack

They've pulled this one as well;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-garry-monk-has-had-secret-l

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:24 - Apr 25 with 4555 viewsNeathJack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:20 - Apr 25 by junior_jack

They've pulled this one as well;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-garry-monk-has-had-secret-l

Aye, but the on I posted was actually published and picked up by NewsNow

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:36 - Apr 25 with 4477 viewsJackTheLad

I'll be happy if that's true. Deserves it with the work he puts in..

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:38 - Apr 25 with 4454 viewsScoobyWho

Thing is we all work hard, it rarely that covers that many in glory.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:44 - Apr 25 with 4420 viewsJackTheLad

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:38 - Apr 25 by ScoobyWho

Thing is we all work hard, it rarely that covers that many in glory.

Surely if he secures us top flight football then that is glory in terms of what the board asked him to achieve?

Login to get fewer ads

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:05 - Apr 25 with 4290 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 21:44 - Apr 25 by JackTheLad

Surely if he secures us top flight football then that is glory in terms of what the board asked him to achieve?

Keeping us up is the very least that should be expected of whoever the board chose to see us through until the end of the season. Three wins in 15/16 games or whatever it is now is poor and certainly doesn't warrant him getting the job full time.

FAO the people who want Monk next season, can you please give me constructive reasons as to why you believe Garry Monk is the man to take our club FORWARD. That is the crucial word here. Surely we should want to progress in this league. With Monk in charge I'm sure we'll all start the season saying 17th will be a good finish.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:13 - Apr 25 with 4239 viewsNeathJack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:05 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Keeping us up is the very least that should be expected of whoever the board chose to see us through until the end of the season. Three wins in 15/16 games or whatever it is now is poor and certainly doesn't warrant him getting the job full time.

FAO the people who want Monk next season, can you please give me constructive reasons as to why you believe Garry Monk is the man to take our club FORWARD. That is the crucial word here. Surely we should want to progress in this league. With Monk in charge I'm sure we'll all start the season saying 17th will be a good finish.

17th is a good finish for us every season in the Premier League.

Anything above that is just a very welcome bonus.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:18 - Apr 25 with 4205 viewsChief

promotion from within a club to the managers position rarely works these days in this league.

Liverpool did it in the 70's/80's and Barca had until recently cracked it but I cant think of any other success stories here.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:19 - Apr 25 with 4187 viewsDarran

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:18 - Apr 25 by Chief

promotion from within a club to the managers position rarely works these days in this league.

Liverpool did it in the 70's/80's and Barca had until recently cracked it but I cant think of any other success stories here.

Di Matteo won the CL.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:22 - Apr 25 with 4157 viewsDaithejack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:05 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When you talk about taking the club forward where do you realisticly think we should be finishing in the league? If we pick up a few points over the last few games we are going to be mid table again for the third season in a row, surely for a club of our size that must be seen as an achievement.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Mirror publish story that on 22:25 - Apr 25 with 4134 viewsJackTheLad

I think its 3 wins in 11 Premier League games. Anyhow, there are the games we drew such as Arsenal where we really deserved 3 points, Palace where Chico got sent off and they were given a penalty! (for a tackle OUTSIDE the box). The game vs Chelsea where I don't think you can ask for too much else in terms of effort. We have been extremely unlucky, yet still he has (so far) got us where we need to be.

It's been said he is similar to BR.. and as far as I can see on the pitch we seem to be playing the same football and if that is the nearest we are going to get to having BR back then we just accept it. For me that is moving in the right direction, get back to playing the way we were 2 seasons back before Laudrup took over
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 22:26]

Mirror publish story that on 22:28 - Apr 25 with 4115 viewsThursday

The Board have made me eat my hat a few times. I'm going to start saving now to raid the local milliner's. Despite my strong skepticism, I'll offer support and hope to start marinading some berets.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 22:30]
Mirror publish story that on 22:29 - Apr 25 with 4103 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mirror publish story that on 22:25 - Apr 25 by JackTheLad

I think its 3 wins in 11 Premier League games. Anyhow, there are the games we drew such as Arsenal where we really deserved 3 points, Palace where Chico got sent off and they were given a penalty! (for a tackle OUTSIDE the box). The game vs Chelsea where I don't think you can ask for too much else in terms of effort. We have been extremely unlucky, yet still he has (so far) got us where we need to be.

It's been said he is similar to BR.. and as far as I can see on the pitch we seem to be playing the same football and if that is the nearest we are going to get to having BR back then we just accept it. For me that is moving in the right direction, get back to playing the way we were 2 seasons back before Laudrup took over
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 22:26]

Brendan was one of most tactically gifted managers I have ever seen. He knew when something wasn't working and he knew how to change it. Garry is no where near Brendan in terms of managerial ability. Absolutely no where near.

We are not playing the same football we did two seasons back under Monk. We are heading away from it. We no longer pass through teams like we did back then. We pass it around the defence and hoof it forward hoping something comes of a knockdown, like most other teams.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mirror publish story that on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 4090 viewsJackTheLad

Mirror publish story that on 22:29 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Brendan was one of most tactically gifted managers I have ever seen. He knew when something wasn't working and he knew how to change it. Garry is no where near Brendan in terms of managerial ability. Absolutely no where near.

We are not playing the same football we did two seasons back under Monk. We are heading away from it. We no longer pass through teams like we did back then. We pass it around the defence and hoof it forward hoping something comes of a knockdown, like most other teams.

"Garry is no where near Brendan in terms of managerial ability. Absolutely no where near."

What evidence do you have to suggest that? What about Martinez, not much in terms of credentials but certainly turned out to be a good tactician, I don't think you are giving Monk anywhere near the credit he deserves.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 4083 viewsChief

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:19 - Apr 25 by Darran

Di Matteo won the CL.

wasn't his team and you could hardly call it sustained success.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:32 - Apr 25 with 4075 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Clarke assistant ;-)

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:37 - Apr 25 with 4032 viewsWarwickHunt

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:19 - Apr 25 by Darran

Di Matteo won the CL.

Hardly promotion from within though unless you count being AVB's number 2 - he stopped playing for Chelsea in 2002 and didn't become manager until ten years later...
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:38 - Apr 25 with 4026 viewsChief

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:31 - Apr 25 by Chief

wasn't his team and you could hardly call it sustained success.

and he wasn't with Chelsea at the time, they went outside the club to hire him.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:40 - Apr 25 with 4001 viewsclement

this one?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-garry-monk-wins-permanent-3

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:47 - Apr 25 with 3966 viewsclement

Garry Monk WILL be appointed as Swansea’s next manager.

Chairman Huw Jenkins has been so impressed with the job Monk has done since Michael Laudrup’s sacking, he has decided to give the long-time defender the job ­permanently.

blah,blah,blah

However, the 35 year old has steered Swansea towards safety and as soon as their Premier League status is secure he is <b>likely</b> to be unveiled as full-time manager.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:50 - Apr 25 with 3938 viewsC_jack

If this club gets any more cosier then they'll be putting slippers and blankets on every seat next season. I'm not worried about what players GM would potentially bring in because I'm not convinced he'd buy anyone, it would shake the place up too much.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 22:53 - Apr 25 with 3903 viewsSwanseajill

Perhaps it's the devil you know, because we have had a couple of beauts recently.

I believe 'big name managers' perhaps take the job to use as a stepping stone, always looking for a greener grass somewhere and going on to bigger and better clubs leaving us holding the baby.

The fans make this club, most of them are from the locality, some have moved away but are still Jacks. Unlike say..Man U fans who may never have been to Manchester in their lives and support their club through TV pictures.
The board are made up of fans, I know that a couple of them would travel on the supporters bus when they were youngsters. Gary, like Leon, Trunds and Tatey, are also fans as well as professional players. He is doing what the board have asked of him, I hope he stays on the staff in one capacity or another, whether it's the managers job or coach I wish him well.
Perhaps indeed, it's better the devil you know, and hope that he wont do a moonlight flit, when someone whispers in his ear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024