Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" 21:02 - Apr 25 with 9381 viewsNeathJack

And then appear to pull it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-garry-monk-wins-permanent-3
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:37 - Apr 26 with 1184 viewsGowerjack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:20 - Apr 26 by Darran

So if Garry does get the gig what are you all going to do stop going in protest isi?

I appreciate what everyone is saying and he wouldn't be my choice either but if it is confirmed it's time to stop moaning and get behind him.

True

But I still think he's the wrong man in the right place...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:39 - Apr 26 with 1176 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:28 - Apr 26 by AngelRangelQS

If he's the best man for the job then he should get it. I'm afraid that the board haven't even bothered to find out.

There's nobody I'd rather see make a good go of it as our manager but I'm hardly filled with confidence.

If they now decide to invest more heavily in the scouting side of things, I'd be a bit happier.

Last 3 posts nail on head. Nobody wants to see Garry fail as he's a huge piece of our club's history. Let's hope the board haven't put him in a position where that does sadly happen

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mirror publish story that on 11:44 - Apr 26 with 1162 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:18 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

You've just provided a cracking example of the point I'm making.

United could have had Jose Mourinho. It's common knowledge that he wanted the job and only turned back to Chelsea after it was made clear that United weren't interested. Instead they gambled on a man with no experience of dealing with the kind of challenges that managing Man Utd provides.

Look how that turned out.

Do you think Sir Alex thought that Moyes was a gamble then, I very much doubt he did, afterall SAF isn't known for gambling with Man Utd. He genuinely thought that he was the best man for the job. Nothing to say Jose would have done much better with the squad that was left to him either. If Moyes appointment had worked, then everyone would be saying what a fantastic appointment by SAF, instead we're all experts who knew all along that he would be a massive failure. As i said, hindsight is a marvellous thing.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 11:47]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:46 - Apr 26 with 1158 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:06 - Apr 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm sorry Neefie but I have to disagree with you. As long as we try to continue to grow we could definitely become a regular top twelve club. But we can't stand still and expansion is an absolute must. When you see the Redbirds expanding even in the face of probable relegation it makes it even more stupid not to have at least started the East stand extension.

No need to apologise, football is all about opinions and we are all armchair managers/chairmen on here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:51 - Apr 26 with 1140 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:46 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

No need to apologise, football is all about opinions and we are all armchair managers/chairmen on here.

Agreed. There's one at the club now lol

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:52 - Apr 26 with 1144 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:13 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

Yep - it's not rocket science.

As for "big names", I'm sure most of us would be thrilled with Paul Clement.

Why? What makes you think that he would be any better than Garry? Genuine question.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1119 viewsWarwickHunt

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:52 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

Why? What makes you think that he would be any better than Garry? Genuine question.

You're really struggling with this "experienced coach" malarkey, aren't you?
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:02 - Apr 26 with 1116 viewsWarwickHunt

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:51 - Apr 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. There's one at the club now lol

A tap in, but a cracker nonetheless...
Login to get fewer ads

Mirror publish story that on 12:06 - Apr 26 with 1107 viewsJackInLondon

Mirror publish story that on 22:29 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Brendan was one of most tactically gifted managers I have ever seen. He knew when something wasn't working and he knew how to change it. Garry is no where near Brendan in terms of managerial ability. Absolutely no where near.

We are not playing the same football we did two seasons back under Monk. We are heading away from it. We no longer pass through teams like we did back then. We pass it around the defence and hoof it forward hoping something comes of a knockdown, like most other teams.

He may have been a great manager for us but knew how to change something when it wasn't working? Time makes people forget but one of the biggest criticisms most of us had was that he had no plan B. We had one style of play and if it wasn't working (which it often did) that was that.

In the honeymoon period when everyone loved Laudrup that was one of the things everyone raved about, was how we now had a plan B, how he could make substitutions that could change a game. Fair play to him, in that period he'd make what seemed like baffling substitutions that by the end of a game seemed a masterstroke. Can't remember who, but the 2-0 win away to Arsenal was one example of that.

I agree we've moved away from our own style and become a lot more like other teams and that started before Monk too charge.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:07 - Apr 26 with 1100 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:59 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

You're really struggling with this "experienced coach" malarkey, aren't you?

Instead of trying to be clever, just answer it.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:09 - Apr 26 with 1092 viewsWarwickHunt

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:07 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

Instead of trying to be clever, just answer it.

I just did.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:12 - Apr 26 with 1085 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:09 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

I just did.

No you didn't. You said something about an experienced coach. Which is not what we're looking for. Or are you subscribing to the notion that an experienced coach automatically equates to being a good manager?

I asked you, as a genuine question, why you thought Clement would be a better manager than Garry.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:13 - Apr 26 with 1078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:02 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

A tap in, but a cracker nonetheless...

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:26 - Apr 26 with 1045 viewsWarwickHunt

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:12 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

No you didn't. You said something about an experienced coach. Which is not what we're looking for. Or are you subscribing to the notion that an experienced coach automatically equates to being a good manager?

I asked you, as a genuine question, why you thought Clement would be a better manager than Garry.

Exactly which bit of "considerably more experience than a complete rookie = less risk" are you having trouble with? Clement has almost 15 years coaching experience under his belt and Ancelotti thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

It's a risk whoever we appoint but we should be looking at minimising it, not increasing it.

ps We're not looking for an experienced coach? WTF?
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 1019 viewsVetchitBack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 01:45 - Apr 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Exactly. Unless you're Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United etc then you will always be a stepping stone club. Even 'legendary' players of our recent past chose other teams / adventures before the Swans;

Trundle chose Bristol City, Britton chased the money to Sheffield United, Alan Tate chose Wind Street over a first team spot etc.

I'd quite frankly be delighted if a new manager came in, did well and left for a bigger club. It hasn't hurt us so far has it?

"Alan Tate chose Wind Street over a first team spot..."

You know this for a fact do you or just being a nasty, pathetic c@nt as usual?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 1015 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:26 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

Exactly which bit of "considerably more experience than a complete rookie = less risk" are you having trouble with? Clement has almost 15 years coaching experience under his belt and Ancelotti thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

It's a risk whoever we appoint but we should be looking at minimising it, not increasing it.

ps We're not looking for an experienced coach? WTF?

I'm not having trouble with anything my friend, Monk has more managerial experience than Mr Clement. Or are we saying that our next manager doesn't have to have that experience, as long as he's been coaching for x amount of years?

But Clement is at Real Madrid afterall so he must be ace. Similar to players that come from the continent as opposed to British players.

Sir Alex thought the sun shone out of Brian Kidd's ringpiece as well.

A Coach is not a manager, thought you had more about you than that.

Mirror publish story that on 12:44 - Apr 26 with 994 viewsVetchitBack

So we've had a thread mentioning replacements for Monk due to his lack of experience which contained no-one who'd managed in the Premier League and only one person who'd ever managed a top-flight club and now we have a popular candidate who's only ever (with the possibly exception of Ireland's u21s) been a number 2?

So is it experience we want or not?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 12:52]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Mirror publish story that on 12:46 - Apr 26 with 983 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that on 12:44 - Apr 26 by VetchitBack

So we've had a thread mentioning replacements for Monk due to his lack of experience which contained no-one who'd managed in the Premier League and only one person who'd ever managed a top-flight club and now we have a popular candidate who's only ever (with the possibly exception of Ireland's u21s) been a number 2?

So is it experience we want or not?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 12:52]

You couldn't make it up could you.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:49 - Apr 26 with 969 viewsDarran

Warwicks having a bit of a Regi.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:55 - Apr 26 with 951 viewsQuakerJack

Uwe Rossler please

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:57 - Apr 26 with 944 viewsJackfath

So to sum up, Monk maybe our manager, or he may not. It could be someone else and we don't know who.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 13:00 - Apr 26 with 941 viewsGowerjack

Neath

You are having a right shafting here son....

Time to give it up eh?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 13:19 - Apr 26 with 887 viewsC_jack

Well and truly bored to s**t of this topic now, roll on August, whoever is in charge.

It's simple rationale really, the club needs the best available candidate for the job. In my opinion, Garry Monk needs a severe population cull to be that candidate.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 13:23 - Apr 26 with 869 viewsPhil_S

It's. Not. True.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 13:33 - Apr 26 with 850 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 12:33 - Apr 26 by VetchitBack

"Alan Tate chose Wind Street over a first team spot..."

You know this for a fact do you or just being a nasty, pathetic c@nt as usual?

Well seeing as it was widely reported he would come back overweight and out of shape most pre-seasons, I think it's a fact he wasn't 100% focussed on achieving the best he possibly could with us.

I'm sure there's 1 or 2 others on here who are aware of his favourite establishment and how often you would be able to find him there.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024