Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for al those who don't want monk as manager 09:09 - May 4 with 7028 viewsdgt73

Simple question, who would you bring in then and how would they do a better job than Monk?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:31 - May 4 with 1045 viewsgrabsplatter

I'd like to see Rosler - did well at Brentford & has done a good job at Wigan.
Intelligent bloke with a decent knowledge of the European game & his teams play good football.
Experienced, hungry & I think he'd fit in with the way our club works having managed the clubs he has.
I can't see him leaving Wigan yet though unfortunately but that's probably irrelevant as we appear not to be looking outside the club.
Garry needs experience in his backroom staff, are we going to add that ?
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:36 - May 4 with 1031 viewsBrynmill_Jack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:26 - May 4 by 3swan

That's why I used the phrase direct contact. Maybe change that to official contact.

Things go on all the time through agents or chance meetings at service station coffee breaks etc

Indeed they do.makes you wonder why the club haven't followed up this Koeman "approach".

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:36 - May 4 with 1031 viewssomersetsimon

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:16 - May 4 by Phil_S

Personally I still don't see the need but completely accept it would never do any harm

Also, you can bet the media will ask whether any alternatives were considered, so it would be sensible to address the issue.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:43 - May 4 with 1016 viewsAngelRangelQS

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:34 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

He's light years behind Bielsa who presumably didn't get a phone call from us.

Ditto De Boer.

Biesla who has agreed to join Marseille and DeBoer who is managing Ajax. Yes, f*cking Ajax
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:46 - May 4 with 1011 viewsBorojack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:43 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

Biesla who has agreed to join Marseille and DeBoer who is managing Ajax. Yes, f*cking Ajax

It was Koeman who showed an interest a couple on here have mentioned De Beor myself included.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:53 - May 4 with 990 viewsScoobyWho

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:04 - May 4 by somersetsimon

You don't think it would be helpful for the board to say something like "We had a number of options, but after careful consideration, we believe that Garry is the best man for the job"?

How can they say that now when GM hasn't been announced officially yet ?
Bizarre.
May be they will ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 12:00 - May 4 with 966 viewsWarwickHunt

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:43 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

Aye - f*cking Ajax In the mighty f*cking Eredivisie. That's the fella.
Aye - taking over a team that beat Valencia 3-0 away under a bloke called Laudrup who I'm guessing De Boer would have heard of.

De Boer has made no secret that he wants to manage in the PL next season.
If Van Gaal hadn't gone to Yernahtid instead of Spurs we'd have been in with a shout if we'd acted sooner - or is that too ambitious for our board?

Perhaps he's just too strong a character...
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 12:03 - May 4 with 964 viewsAngelRangelQS

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:46 - May 4 by Borojack

It was Koeman who showed an interest a couple on here have mentioned De Beor myself included.

Koeman has hardly covered himself in glory
Login to get fewer ads

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 13:26 - May 4 with 913 viewssomersetsimon

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:53 - May 4 by ScoobyWho

How can they say that now when GM hasn't been announced officially yet ?
Bizarre.
May be they will ?

Sorry, I did clarify in another post that I meant they ought to do this after the official announcement!
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 13:36 - May 4 with 911 viewsNeath_Jack

Lots of assumptions in this thread again about what the board have or hasn't done. I want a big name and I'm not playing if i cant have them. Waaa f*cking waaaaa. Grow up ffs. Not to mention those wanting an announcement on an announcement that hasn't been announced yet. You couldn't make it........
[Post edited 4 May 2014 15:19]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 14:20 - May 4 with 872 viewsswanduck

Would prefer any of the below:
Luis Enrique (1st choice)
Uwe Rosler
Koeman

All would probably do a better job than Monk as they have vastly more experience in managing. Also fancy Paul Clements, who although untested as a manager is a great coach who has learnt under some great manger and also probably has same amazing contacts.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 14:38 - May 4 with 844 viewsGasanova

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:36 - May 4 by ScoobyWho

Based on that premis, anyone in the world is open to come to Swansea, when you pay the going rate you get the person you want. Putting a Monk in charge is akin to putting the helpful lady in your local post office in charge of a bank. She knows about stamps, tax discs and how it all works, but hasn't got a clue how to manage and talk through that process with people who have years of experience at that level.

Monk is already looking flakey and the pressure at the moment is off. What will he do when it really starts to hurt come November next season ?

I hope its not too late by then, because replace him we will !!
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 14:50 - May 4 with 821 viewsJACKARSE

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 14:38 - May 4 by Gasanova

I hope its not too late by then, because replace him we will !!

Then who would we attract to come .... that is a worse scenario.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 15:16 - May 4 with 797 viewsblaine_scfc

Biesla would be my choice by a distance, if he isn't available then Koeman or Clements. Every appointment is a risk, but the three above have all been around the block.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 15:44 - May 4 with 762 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A few points from myself addressing some of the nonsense in this thread;

1) We are an extremely attractive opportunity for proven young managers worldwide. People will see that Rodgers has stepping stoned us to Liverpool, Martinez has stepping stoned us to Everton, Laudrup was once the favourite for the Real Madrid job while managing us - Managers will know they can come here, show off their ability and progress to a bigger job - which is fine - that is what we need. People who keep spouting crap such as why would they come to little old Swansea.. they will come here for the money and the opportunity to progress to greater things. We are not little old Swansea anymore. This isn't league 1.

2) I do not care what Huw Jenkins, Leigh Dineen, Phil Sumbler or whoever else tell us - It is absolutely clear that nobody else has been interviewed for the job. Every managerial appointment I can remember, the Evening Post and other national media would know who was down here for an interview and when. If people had been interviewed, we'd know about it. The fact no one has been interviewed is a farce and is something that should frighten every Swansea City supporter, as our board have clearly thrown out the normal method of recruitment in any business and instead hired somebody because they have a gut feeling - this is farcical.

3) It is not as if everybody who is against Monk is disregarding him before he's had a chance - He's had over 15 games now. Of those 16 games, he has won 4. Cardiff, Newcastle and Norwich and Villa were all on absolutely horrendous runs of form. Mind-boggingly bad runs of form. Other teams we played during that time were also on awful runs of form, and we even lost pathetically to some of them - at home ! Manager after manager has turned Garry inside out tactically, you don't have to be Garry Nevile at half time with a fancy Sky Machine to see this. He is not up to the managerial standard that is required to PROGRESS us in the Premier League.

That is the key word here - PROGRESS. The moment we become happy finishing 17th each season is the moment we begin planning our away trips to Bolton, to Wigan, to Reading, to Blackpool - they all were happy to finish 17th each season.

In our 3 Premier League campaigns this far we have finished 11th at the lowest (I could be wrong, that is off the top of my head)

Surely we should be aiming to finish 11th at the lowest and progress from there? We were the 11th best team in the League last year - Why is it suddenly okay for us to settle being the 17th best? I don't have silly expectations such as to see us compete with Everton and Spurs every season - I just want to see us progress on and off the field each season - This decision will set us back at the very least 3 seasons with the 'i'm happy to stay up' mentality it will bring back.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 16:04 - May 4 with 737 viewsZut_Alors

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 15:44 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

1) We are an extremely attractive opportunity for proven young managers worldwide. People will see that Rodgers has stepping stoned us to Liverpool, Martinez has stepping stoned us to Everton, Laudrup was once the favourite for the Real Madrid job while managing us - Managers will know they can come here, show off their ability and progress to a bigger job - which is fine - that is what we need. People who keep spouting crap such as why would they come to little old Swansea.. they will come here for the money and the opportunity to progress to greater things. We are not little old Swansea anymore. This isn't league 1.

2) I do not care what Huw Jenkins, Leigh Dineen, Phil Sumbler or whoever else tell us - It is absolutely clear that nobody else has been interviewed for the job. Every managerial appointment I can remember, the Evening Post and other national media would know who was down here for an interview and when. If people had been interviewed, we'd know about it. The fact no one has been interviewed is a farce and is something that should frighten every Swansea City supporter, as our board have clearly thrown out the normal method of recruitment in any business and instead hired somebody because they have a gut feeling - this is farcical.

3) It is not as if everybody who is against Monk is disregarding him before he's had a chance - He's had over 15 games now. Of those 16 games, he has won 4. Cardiff, Newcastle and Norwich and Villa were all on absolutely horrendous runs of form. Mind-boggingly bad runs of form. Other teams we played during that time were also on awful runs of form, and we even lost pathetically to some of them - at home ! Manager after manager has turned Garry inside out tactically, you don't have to be Garry Nevile at half time with a fancy Sky Machine to see this. He is not up to the managerial standard that is required to PROGRESS us in the Premier League.

That is the key word here - PROGRESS. The moment we become happy finishing 17th each season is the moment we begin planning our away trips to Bolton, to Wigan, to Reading, to Blackpool - they all were happy to finish 17th each season.

In our 3 Premier League campaigns this far we have finished 11th at the lowest (I could be wrong, that is off the top of my head)

Surely we should be aiming to finish 11th at the lowest and progress from there? We were the 11th best team in the League last year - Why is it suddenly okay for us to settle being the 17th best? I don't have silly expectations such as to see us compete with Everton and Spurs every season - I just want to see us progress on and off the field each season - This decision will set us back at the very least 3 seasons with the 'i'm happy to stay up' mentality it will bring back.

Dwight, good points but have to add something. What you and others seem to overlook are the benefits having someone not just looking to get a good season out of us and then heading off would present.

For me, there has to come a point when we start trying to bring forward homegrown players. i just don't see that being a major incentive for the next Laudrup or Rodgers type who are looking to use us as a stepping stone. Now, of course, there are exceptions to that rule, e.g., Pochettino. And I know that other than giving Fulton his debut, Monk hasn't played any of the youngsters, but it is something I feel the club will be looking to do over the next couple of seasons.

Overall, by remaining in the land of the so called mid-table mediocrity, which is pretty much the best we can do given our financial standing, the thing that would make me happiest would be to see young players coming through. Doing so playing the Swansea way, taking the occasional big scalp and having the odd cup run, and I'll be happy to call that progress, even if we sacrifice a league position or two to do so.

If the board feel that Monk is the man for that, then I'm all for giving him my full support.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 16:08 - May 4 with 734 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 15:44 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yet again not one bit of evidence to back up what you're saying. As for monk you have been against him from the start.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 16:16 - May 4 with 721 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 16:08 - May 4 by dgt73

Yet again not one bit of evidence to back up what you're saying. As for monk you have been against him from the start.

What evidence would you like?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:02 - May 4 with 654 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The most puzzling thing of all is that Jenkins' dislike of Laudrup's attitude to games against the top 6 being a reason for jettisoning him. Fair enough, but does that mean he has more confidence in Garry to beat these top 6 teams? Baffling

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:06 - May 4 with 646 viewsChief

Monk has done ok, hard to judge as theres not a huge deal he could have done differently, but he has tweaked a few things which Laudrup was blantently getting wrong (De Guz was too deep/full backs who cant cross anyway don't bomb on constantly now/Bony starts every game now & the players do look a bit more motivated now etc)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:11 - May 4 with 636 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:43 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course we don't ! The moment Laudrup was sacked we had Ronald Koeman practically begging us for an interview

Yeah but he's no Garry Monk, I mean who the hell could he attract? Monk's got all those contacts at boro....
Jesus wept.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:11 - May 4 with 634 viewslibertine

If we do appoint gary then we'd better get our scouting staff sorted because he will not attract the sort of player that for instance ML would attract, simply because he is not a big name.

the board would obviously already be aware of this and as someone said in another thread he should go on some courses during the summer and get his badges that he was talking about. Hes in contact with Brendan and Roberto who are good managers who i'm sure will help him.

The real thing that quizzes me is that the board have done well in the past otherwise we wouldn't be where we are now in the PL they've made good choices, fact!

a lot of those choices i could understand, i can't understand this one, this maybe my ignorance,
as they said on MOTD its a long journey back up from the championship and its easier to stay up the board realise this,

so an explanation would stop all the moans because it doesn't make sense.
However just because you've got good management experience doesn't mean PL safety or success is achieved we've seen that with other relegated teams.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:12 - May 4 with 631 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:01 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I assume JVZ tapped him up whilst over there at the time, knowing that his contract was nearly up. The interesting phrase that came out from a press/website interview from Koeman was "yes I would be very interested in managing in the premier league but I have received no contact from Swansea City at this time".

Lol

A "come and get me" if ever there was one.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:12 - May 4 with 631 viewsChief

having said that, can anyone give me an example in recent times where promoting from within has worked? at prem level? theres not too many examples in the lower leagues either. Monk doesn't even have coaching badges. kind of devalues the badge system if we hire him full time. madness not to consider other candidates, but if the board did, I cant see how they could see monk as a better option to someone such as a koeman or clement. Steve Clarke wouldn't be bad shout for me. great coaching pedigree and some experience as manager (of a similarly sized club) and should have a point to prove as he was hard done by. similar circumstances to when we appointed Rodgers in my opinion.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:14 - May 4 with 626 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:24 - May 4 by Swansea93

Koeman with Monk number 2.

Wouldn't work in a month of Sundays. Koeman, but not Monk

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024