Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for al those who don't want monk as manager 09:09 - May 4 with 7031 viewsdgt73

Simple question, who would you bring in then and how would they do a better job than Monk?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:19 - May 4 with 829 viewsIAN05

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 12:03 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

Koeman has hardly covered himself in glory

Exactly. Never stayed anywhere long either.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:20 - May 4 with 823 viewsAngelRangelQS

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 12:00 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

Aye - f*cking Ajax In the mighty f*cking Eredivisie. That's the fella.
Aye - taking over a team that beat Valencia 3-0 away under a bloke called Laudrup who I'm guessing De Boer would have heard of.

De Boer has made no secret that he wants to manage in the PL next season.
If Van Gaal hadn't gone to Yernahtid instead of Spurs we'd have been in with a shout if we'd acted sooner - or is that too ambitious for our board?

Perhaps he's just too strong a character...

So we're a bigger pull than Ajax then? Okay then!

I doubt DeBoer would be interested in managing any old premier league side. You don't move from Ajax to Swansea City

What relevance does us beating Valencia have?
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:21 - May 4 with 819 viewsJackfath

People seem very keen on bringing in a name.

Names such as Sousa and Laudrup whetted the footballing appetite with dreams of cups and glory.

Names such as Rogers and Martinez left most thinking "who?"

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:24 - May 4 with 814 viewslibertine

the only issue would be gary taking command from other people which is what caused the ML issue in the first place.

too many egos spoil the omlette ( i just made that up its brilliant i am the master of metaphor)

the board wanted ML and gary to work together but something happened.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:26 - May 4 with 805 viewsIAN05

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:21 - May 4 by Jackfath

People seem very keen on bringing in a name.

Names such as Sousa and Laudrup whetted the footballing appetite with dreams of cups and glory.

Names such as Rogers and Martinez left most thinking "who?"

We were always less likely to for a big name to come in this time after the Laudrup/Sousa experiences.

Big name appointments have not exactly set the world on fire at Cardiff, Sunderland, QPR etc.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:37 - May 4 with 791 viewsbermudajack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:12 - May 4 by Chief

having said that, can anyone give me an example in recent times where promoting from within has worked? at prem level? theres not too many examples in the lower leagues either. Monk doesn't even have coaching badges. kind of devalues the badge system if we hire him full time. madness not to consider other candidates, but if the board did, I cant see how they could see monk as a better option to someone such as a koeman or clement. Steve Clarke wouldn't be bad shout for me. great coaching pedigree and some experience as manager (of a similarly sized club) and should have a point to prove as he was hard done by. similar circumstances to when we appointed Rodgers in my opinion.

I don't want Monk to be our next manager

Too many times since he's taken over, our team have had no clear plan & look disorganised, yesterday was a clear indication of how far we've fallen since Rogers left.

Not just the 1-0 scoreline, but the shambles of team formation, team choice and tactics. We weren't even in the same league as Southampton yesterday & had they taken their chances it could have been a heavy beating. 442? 352? 541? I couldn't tell you what formation we were playing and the players looked confused too.

Even in the games we've won, there's been quite a bit of luck involved. Yesterday and in many previous games, Monk has failed to turn a struggling performance around & his substitutions are as baffling as his team selections. Gone are the neat passing triangles, playing from the back, wide players attacking with wing backs overlapping, now it's just lump it up to Bony and hope to pick up the knock downs. League 1 at best...

There's only one obvious choice for continual Premiership riches whilst we continue to grow as a club and that is Tony Pulis 😳

Now before anyone chokes on a potato regarding his style... There's one thing TP would guarantee... A strong work ethic, an organised defence, speed out wide and experience at this level...even Barcelona build their passing game on a strong organised defence....

Poll: Priority for new manager?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:49 - May 4 with 766 viewsChief

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:37 - May 4 by bermudajack

I don't want Monk to be our next manager

Too many times since he's taken over, our team have had no clear plan & look disorganised, yesterday was a clear indication of how far we've fallen since Rogers left.

Not just the 1-0 scoreline, but the shambles of team formation, team choice and tactics. We weren't even in the same league as Southampton yesterday & had they taken their chances it could have been a heavy beating. 442? 352? 541? I couldn't tell you what formation we were playing and the players looked confused too.

Even in the games we've won, there's been quite a bit of luck involved. Yesterday and in many previous games, Monk has failed to turn a struggling performance around & his substitutions are as baffling as his team selections. Gone are the neat passing triangles, playing from the back, wide players attacking with wing backs overlapping, now it's just lump it up to Bony and hope to pick up the knock downs. League 1 at best...

There's only one obvious choice for continual Premiership riches whilst we continue to grow as a club and that is Tony Pulis 😳

Now before anyone chokes on a potato regarding his style... There's one thing TP would guarantee... A strong work ethic, an organised defence, speed out wide and experience at this level...even Barcelona build their passing game on a strong organised defence....

I think Pulis is a great manager and im sure he'd make us harder to beat, but I very much doubt we'll be poaching a manager off another prem club.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:06 - May 4 with 748 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 16:16 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What evidence would you like?

Evidence regarding that no other coach/manager has been considered. You're mixing up opinion with facts, again.

Login to get fewer ads

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:11 - May 4 with 737 viewsChief

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:06 - May 4 by dgt73

Evidence regarding that no other coach/manager has been considered. You're mixing up opinion with facts, again.

but if others have been considered, how can Monk look the better option compared to the other options? what does he have in his favour? he knows the club? maybe it needs a fresh approach from outside viewpoint?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:13 - May 4 with 733 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:06 - May 4 by dgt73

If a candidate had been interviewed then we would know about it, like we have known about every other candidate that has been interviewed or pursued during our previous managerial searches in recent years.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:16 - May 4 with 725 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:13 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If a candidate had been interviewed then we would know about it, like we have known about every other candidate that has been interviewed or pursued during our previous managerial searches in recent years.

So you don't have any evidence or facts, just your opinion.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:18 - May 4 with 722 viewsChief

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:16 - May 4 by dgt73

no facts but do you agree with my opinion? no facts have been made public on this matter yet.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:19 - May 4 with 720 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:16 - May 4 by dgt73

There is plenty of evidence. Every time someone has been interviewed, The Evening Post publish a story on it from as far back as I can remember. This isn't my opinion, it is a fact as you so put it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:19 - May 4 with 720 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:11 - May 4 by Chief

but if others have been considered, how can Monk look the better option compared to the other options? what does he have in his favour? he knows the club? maybe it needs a fresh approach from outside viewpoint?

Maybe just maybe not every coach wants to come to swansea, until someone produces some evidence, then i will put my trust as a swans fan in the very capable hands of Huw Jenkins.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:22 - May 4 with 716 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:19 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There is plenty of evidence. Every time someone has been interviewed, The Evening Post publish a story on it from as far back as I can remember. This isn't my opinion, it is a fact as you so put it.

So just to get in 100% right if it doesn't appear in the evening post then it can't be true, is that what you're saying.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:22 - May 4 with 715 viewsChief

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:19 - May 4 by dgt73

Maybe just maybe not every coach wants to come to swansea, until someone produces some evidence, then i will put my trust as a swans fan in the very capable hands of Huw Jenkins.

so you are implying now that we are unable to attract managers? koeman?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:27 - May 4 with 707 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:13 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I can safely say you havent known about every candidate that has been interviewed, pursued or shown an interest in previous years

You just think you have
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:33 - May 4 with 690 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:27 - May 4 by Phil_S

I can safely say you havent known about every candidate that has been interviewed, pursued or shown an interest in previous years

You just think you have

Poor old Dwight comes from la la land and hasn't got a clue.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:34 - May 4 with 687 viewsbermudajack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:49 - May 4 by Chief

I think Pulis is a great manager and im sure he'd make us harder to beat, but I very much doubt we'll be poaching a manager off another prem club.

I do believe that Pulis is only in charge until the end of this season, in fact this week he told SSN that he doesn't know if he'll be managing Palace next season...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:35 - May 4 with 685 viewsChief

if others have been considered or interviewed what aspects are the board scoring the candidates on?

if Monk is their choice, they must be putting huge weighting on 'knowing the club inside out', as opposed to other factors such as experience, track record and previous success.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:03 - May 4 with 639 viewsAngelRangelQS

Are people honestly suggesting Pulis?

Wow. Just wow.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:08 - May 4 with 633 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:03 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

Are people honestly suggesting Pulis?

Wow. Just wow.

Not everyone's cup of tea, in terms of style, but he's very effective in what he does and IMO palace would have been relegated without him.
[Post edited 4 May 2014 20:12]

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:10 - May 4 with 631 viewsJackfath

6 months ago he was hated. A manager who could only play hoof ball and got his teams to boot the opposition at every opportunity.

How fickle some are.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:13 - May 4 with 619 viewsAngelRangelQS

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:08 - May 4 by dgt73

Not everyone's cup of tea, in terms of style, but he's very effective in what he does and IMO palace would have been relegated without him.
[Post edited 4 May 2014 20:12]

So people would now be happy with us staying in the Prem, irrespective of the football we play?

Not for me thank you. Let's stick to our principles and work to a plan. If we do that, we'll always be fine.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:14 - May 4 with 616 viewsJackfath

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:13 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

So people would now be happy with us staying in the Prem, irrespective of the football we play?

Not for me thank you. Let's stick to our principles and work to a plan. If we do that, we'll always be fine.

Well said that man.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024