Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for al those who don't want monk as manager 09:09 - May 4 with 7029 viewsdgt73

Simple question, who would you bring in then and how would they do a better job than Monk?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:15 - May 4 with 1172 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 19:27 - May 4 by Phil_S

I can safely say you havent known about every candidate that has been interviewed, pursued or shown an interest in previous years

You just think you have

Very well, but I believe I am right in saying no other candidate, or at the very least very few have been interviewed for the current role.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:16 - May 4 with 1172 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:13 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

So people would now be happy with us staying in the Prem, irrespective of the football we play?

Not for me thank you. Let's stick to our principles and work to a plan. If we do that, we'll always be fine.

Not what i said at all.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:20 - May 4 with 1161 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:15 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Very well, but I believe I am right in saying no other candidate, or at the very least very few have been interviewed for the current role.

So you believe and isn't that the same as opinion and without evidence certainly can't be described as fact, in anyway.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:21 - May 4 with 1156 viewslibertine

wigan play lovely football.

what league are they in?
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:28 - May 4 with 1126 viewsWarwickHunt

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 18:20 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

So we're a bigger pull than Ajax then? Okay then!

I doubt DeBoer would be interested in managing any old premier league side. You don't move from Ajax to Swansea City

What relevance does us beating Valencia have?

You really need me to explain the significance of us beaing Valencia in the Europa League?

The PL is a better league than Eredivisie so he'd be managing at a higher level - something he's said he wants to do.

Tell you what - why don't we f*cking ask him?

Pathetic, small town mentality.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:34 - May 4 with 1112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:28 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

You really need me to explain the significance of us beaing Valencia in the Europa League?

The PL is a better league than Eredivisie so he'd be managing at a higher level - something he's said he wants to do.

I think people here completely underestimate our impact in the PL in terms of us being a small club. If we can persuade a name such as Laudrup to manage us why not others such as Bielsa?
I agree Warwick we simply have to aim higher if we want to continue building on our very impressive achievements thus far. We're premier League now and have been for 3 years with at least another season to follow.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:45 - May 4 with 1089 viewsFuzzyDunlop

I don't really see the relevance of the Valencia game - would he look at that, the defeat to St Gallen or his Ajax team beating Barcelona? Or would he simply look at what a club could achieve in the future, rather than what has already happened?

But regardless of that, you would like to think we've put some feelers out to him, at others at a similar level. Don't ask, don't get.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 22:56 - May 4 with 1038 viewsAngelRangelQS

Yes I do. Who are we going to play in Europe next season?

Laudrup had done very little in terms of managing and was out of work. Biesla is off to manage Marseilles who get into the champions league most seasons.

DeBoer is managing one of the top clubs in the world and would probably hold out for a top club in the Premier League.

Perhaps we did ask them. To assume that these guys are lining up, cap in hand, to become our manager is naive in the extreme. We're a lower half premier league club based out in the sticks and you think we're going to be nicking managers from Ajax?

You clearly for whatever reason have decided that the board want to give jobs to the boys and are blinded by this.

Or now that we've made it into the premiership, do you think that the principles we've stuck to for 10 years should just be thrown out of the window?
Login to get fewer ads

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:00 - May 4 with 1034 viewsAngelRangelQS

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:34 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I think people here completely underestimate our impact in the PL in terms of us being a small club. If we can persuade a name such as Laudrup to manage us why not others such as Bielsa?
I agree Warwick we simply have to aim higher if we want to continue building on our very impressive achievements thus far. We're premier League now and have been for 3 years with at least another season to follow.

Laudrup was a massive name as a player but as a manager his career was distinctly average.

We need to aim for the right man for the job, whoever that is. I still think people overestimate our pull. Amazing achievements if you're a Swans fan but a series of mid table finishes and a cup most teams don't take seriously is hardly going to get them queuing up to manage us
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:02 - May 4 with 1027 viewsAngelRangelQS

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:21 - May 4 by libertine

wigan play lovely football.

what league are they in?

They spent many years in the premiership and they're in the playoffs in their first season back in the championship. That's pretty good going
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:27 - May 4 with 995 viewsWarwickHunt

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 22:56 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

Yes I do. Who are we going to play in Europe next season?

Laudrup had done very little in terms of managing and was out of work. Biesla is off to manage Marseilles who get into the champions league most seasons.

DeBoer is managing one of the top clubs in the world and would probably hold out for a top club in the Premier League.

Perhaps we did ask them. To assume that these guys are lining up, cap in hand, to become our manager is naive in the extreme. We're a lower half premier league club based out in the sticks and you think we're going to be nicking managers from Ajax?

You clearly for whatever reason have decided that the board want to give jobs to the boys and are blinded by this.

Or now that we've made it into the premiership, do you think that the principles we've stuck to for 10 years should just be thrown out of the window?

Using your logic, Lil' Ol' Swansea shouldn't approach managers of Celtic or Rangers because they're huge clubs.

Who said they're queuing up , cap in hand? What a f*cking absurd thing to say.

Your suggestion that we "perhaps" asked them is "naive in the extreme." Laughable would be a better description.

Why would interviewing proven managers in Europe who clearly aren't out of league represent an abandonment of our principles?
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:35 - May 4 with 977 viewsbermudajack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 20:13 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

So people would now be happy with us staying in the Prem, irrespective of the football we play?

Not for me thank you. Let's stick to our principles and work to a plan. If we do that, we'll always be fine.

And we're playing a certain style now?

What I've witnessed so far under Monk has been hoof it up to Bony, no triangles, no more one touch passing/ moving from the back football... In fact I think Palace have out scored us and have had a better defensive record of late.

Some people that think we're too good to have Pulis as manager need to get a serious grip...

Look at the table, look at the points he's amassed since arriving at Palace

Look at the playing budget he works under...

He's the obvious & most sensible choice by miles...and no one is calling Palace a hoofball team

Poll: Priority for new manager?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:43 - May 4 with 961 viewsScoobyWho

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:35 - May 4 by bermudajack

And we're playing a certain style now?

What I've witnessed so far under Monk has been hoof it up to Bony, no triangles, no more one touch passing/ moving from the back football... In fact I think Palace have out scored us and have had a better defensive record of late.

Some people that think we're too good to have Pulis as manager need to get a serious grip...

Look at the table, look at the points he's amassed since arriving at Palace

Look at the playing budget he works under...

He's the obvious & most sensible choice by miles...and no one is calling Palace a hoofball team

This is a palace side who on curremt form are in second place in the premier league above man city .

Is he good enough for them ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 02:12 - May 5 with 929 viewsChief

bump............

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 02:13 - May 5 with 929 viewsChief

if others have been considered or interviewed what aspects are the board scoring the candidates on?

if Monk is their choice, they must be putting huge weighting on 'knowing the club inside out', as opposed to other factors such as experience, track record and previous success.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:08 - May 5 with 893 viewsbermudajack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 23:43 - May 4 by ScoobyWho

This is a palace side who on curremt form are in second place in the premier league above man city .

Is he good enough for them ?

Who knows?

But his team will finish above us this season (not Man City) putting a team of journeymen together, making them a tough outfit to beat, playing a fast counter attacking passing game and getting the very best out of each and every player (Chamak) cannot be ignored...

The problem here is stigma, the Stoke hoofball tag that will follow him wherever he goes, add to that our football philosophy and I can see that the partnership looks doomed, but I think Pulis has more strings to his bow than people give him credit for.

Team work ethic, defensive organisation, never been relegated, works within a tight budget, it's a bonus that he's Welsh and very experienced in this league...

Compare that to Monk!!!

No comparison

Poll: Priority for new manager?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:35 - May 5 with 871 viewsDr_Winston

There has been a certain "directness" about us when things aren't going well lately. No doubt about it. How much of that is down to management and how much is lack of energy/imagination at the end of a long, hard season only the next campaign will tell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:54 - May 5 with 849 viewsquiff

The article on the bbc football site claims the club haven't spoken to any other candidate about the role - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27258318

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:10 - May 5 with 835 viewsicecoldjack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:34 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't think it is a problem to gain interest in us as a club,it's the nuts and bolts of how we operate that will make top candidates think twice.

Our board have been fantastic and still are but we are at a crossroads in our development and to push on we need to operate at a financial level that is perhaps a bit uncomfortable for our board.

Ambition is key but how you define ambition is open to debate.

IMO a lack of movement on stadium expansion is an indicator on how are club are thinking, a 4 th year of prem football is quite un real really but it's fair to say that if we were going to build it would have happened by now, it gets harder to stay up every year , we need to invest in the playing side once again etc ,etc I just don't think the board have the stomach for big business investment, I don't blame them for this ,they are doing what they think is best for the club, it's a bloody difficult set of choices that need to be made.

I suspect we will operate on our own level until the drop .
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:18 - May 5 with 824 viewsBrynmill_Jack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:10 - May 5 by icecoldjack

I don't think it is a problem to gain interest in us as a club,it's the nuts and bolts of how we operate that will make top candidates think twice.

Our board have been fantastic and still are but we are at a crossroads in our development and to push on we need to operate at a financial level that is perhaps a bit uncomfortable for our board.

Ambition is key but how you define ambition is open to debate.

IMO a lack of movement on stadium expansion is an indicator on how are club are thinking, a 4 th year of prem football is quite un real really but it's fair to say that if we were going to build it would have happened by now, it gets harder to stay up every year , we need to invest in the playing side once again etc ,etc I just don't think the board have the stomach for big business investment, I don't blame them for this ,they are doing what they think is best for the club, it's a bloody difficult set of choices that need to be made.

I suspect we will operate on our own level until the drop .

The funny thing is they would have been in need of oxygen when they tabled that 12 million pounds for Wilfried Bony but that will probably turn into 25 million if he has a decent World Cup. Sometimes it is better to speculate to accumulate , no ?
[Post edited 5 May 2014 10:29]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:10 - May 5 with 765 viewsRevJames

Dennis Bergkamp? Can't fly but shouldn't be a major issue in the PL. Wonderful player, assisting Frank De Boer at Ajax
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 21:14 - May 5 with 754 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:54 - May 5 by quiff

The article on the bbc football site claims the club haven't spoken to any other candidate about the role - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27258318

That was obvious to anyone with more than one brain cell. Yet still many were refusing to believe this was the case yesterday evening.

dgt73 and others, I will accept your apologies via PM. Thank you.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024