Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for al those who don't want monk as manager 09:09 - May 4 with 7030 viewsdgt73

Simple question, who would you bring in then and how would they do a better job than Monk?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:19 - May 4 with 1017 viewsdgt73

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:01 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

The feeling since he was first given the role is that it was his to lose. I'd be surprised if anyone else has even been seriously discussed, let alone approached, no matter how informally.

So to sum up then, you don't know for sure whether huw jenkins hasn't spoken or approached anyone. Its just your opinion and opinions aren't facts.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:21 - May 4 with 1016 viewsLeonisGod

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:18 - May 4 by Phil_S

At our level you would never need to advertise a job surely?

I wouldn't have thought so. And indeed, it appears we don't need to http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2579148/Ronald-Koemans-agent-m
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:26 - May 4 with 1003 viewsBorojack

Why not?

Giving the job to Monk without going through the interview process is madness.
Do you not agree?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:27 - May 4 with 998 viewsQuakerJack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:21 - May 4 by LeonisGod

I wouldn't have thought so. And indeed, it appears we don't need to http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2579148/Ronald-Koemans-agent-m

Ok then, not so much advertise but announce it's actually open. Nobody's interested because they know it's wrapped up.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:28 - May 4 with 996 viewssomersetsimon

We should at least make it clear that we are open to new applicants. If you are appointing a senior position at any multi-million pound business, then you would be crazy not to look at the alternatives.

If Monk is appointed, I'd like the board to tell us if they had considered any other options. From Monk's perspective, it may give him a little more confidence if he knew he had won the job after a serious review of a shortlist.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:31 - May 4 with 985 viewsAngelRangelQS

So the choices on this thread are a predominately international manager who has no experience in the uk who is going to Marseilles anyway (not a bigger pull than Swansea? Jesus), a manager with no premiership experience who has only recently joined a club who have a good chance of playing in the premiership next season anyway and a guy who has never managed anywhere before?

Monk is hardly miles behind that field
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:34 - May 4 with 978 viewsWarwickHunt

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:31 - May 4 by AngelRangelQS

So the choices on this thread are a predominately international manager who has no experience in the uk who is going to Marseilles anyway (not a bigger pull than Swansea? Jesus), a manager with no premiership experience who has only recently joined a club who have a good chance of playing in the premiership next season anyway and a guy who has never managed anywhere before?

Monk is hardly miles behind that field

He's light years behind Bielsa who presumably didn't get a phone call from us.

Ditto De Boer.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:41 - May 4 with 961 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:27 - May 4 by QuakerJack

Ok then, not so much advertise but announce it's actually open. Nobody's interested because they know it's wrapped up.

That I am afraid is just rubbish. When ML left we would have had plenty of people coming forward who were interested if they were interested

The only time we need to work is if we were interested in poaching people to do the job.

What we don't know is whether the club have looked at more than one option (we just have a load of people who presume they haven't) and neither do I think that should be publically announced if we have anyway
Login to get fewer ads

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:43 - May 4 with 960 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Of course we don't ! The moment Laudrup was sacked we had Ronald Koeman practically begging us for an interview

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:49 - May 4 with 940 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:43 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course we don't ! The moment Laudrup was sacked we had Ronald Koeman practically begging us for an interview

Which you would assume we have considered??
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:50 - May 4 with 936 viewsCatullus

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 09:28 - May 4 by ScoobyWho

How would they come to swansea ?
Jeez !
Money mate, thats what talks the loudest, ask Laudrup.

And I think you'll find money is the reason Monk will be able to sign players too.

Bony came here to use us as a stepping stone, other players will too. What really needs to improve is our scouting. If we can identify good, young talent and they know they will have a chance at first team here, they will come. For a long while we will have to accept we are a stepping stone/feeder club to the big boys.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:51 - May 4 with 933 viewsBorojack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:41 - May 4 by Phil_S

That I am afraid is just rubbish. When ML left we would have had plenty of people coming forward who were interested if they were interested

The only time we need to work is if we were interested in poaching people to do the job.

What we don't know is whether the club have looked at more than one option (we just have a load of people who presume they haven't) and neither do I think that should be publically announced if we have anyway

Did Huw dictate that for you Phil

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:58 - May 4 with 916 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:51 - May 4 by Borojack

Did Huw dictate that for you Phil

And there is where any form of meaningful debate with you completely fell down?

That's actually quite a sad response to what was clearly a statement of opinion

Happy to have a debate but little pithy comments are just pointless and kind of blows a hole in most arguments

This post has been edited by an administrator
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:01 - May 4 with 905 viewsBrynmill_Jack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:49 - May 4 by Phil_S

Which you would assume we have considered??

I assume JVZ tapped him up whilst over there at the time, knowing that his contract was nearly up. The interesting phrase that came out from a press/website interview from Koeman was "yes I would be very interested in managing in the premier league but I have received no contact from Swansea City at this time".

Lol

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:04 - May 4 with 896 viewssomersetsimon

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:41 - May 4 by Phil_S

You don't think it would be helpful for the board to say something like "We had a number of options, but after careful consideration, we believe that Garry is the best man for the job"?
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:07 - May 4 with 878 views3swan

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:01 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

I assume JVZ tapped him up whilst over there at the time, knowing that his contract was nearly up. The interesting phrase that came out from a press/website interview from Koeman was "yes I would be very interested in managing in the premier league but I have received no contact from Swansea City at this time".

Lol

I would hope that the club have considered options, that doesn't mean they would have made direct contact.

At the moment, if Garry gets the job, I would have more concern about the backroom set up including the scouting network.

It's all about a team and not just the manager
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:09 - May 4 with 874 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:04 - May 4 by somersetsimon

You don't think it would be helpful for the board to say something like "We had a number of options, but after careful consideration, we believe that Garry is the best man for the job"?

Maybe after the event but not at this point in time assuming that we took those options to interview or beyond. And of course assuming that those options are happy to have it broadcast that they missed out on a PL job

Because lets be fair here all we have at the moment is a load of journalists trying to prove that they have the odd contact here and there we don't have an official line from the club?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:12 - May 4 with 860 viewssomersetsimon

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:09 - May 4 by Phil_S

Maybe after the event but not at this point in time assuming that we took those options to interview or beyond. And of course assuming that those options are happy to have it broadcast that they missed out on a PL job

Because lets be fair here all we have at the moment is a load of journalists trying to prove that they have the odd contact here and there we don't have an official line from the club?

Of course, I meant that that this would be an appropriate comment if (when?) the official announcement is made that Monk has the job.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:16 - May 4 with 851 viewsBorojack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 10:58 - May 4 by Phil_S

And there is where any form of meaningful debate with you completely fell down?

That's actually quite a sad response to what was clearly a statement of opinion

Happy to have a debate but little pithy comments are just pointless and kind of blows a hole in most arguments

I apologise for the snide comment was uncalled for.

I do feel that the club need to make some sort of announcement regarding the managers job.
And seek alternatives to Monk.

Frank de Beor was virtually begging for the job after Laudrup was sacked.

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:16 - May 4 with 851 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:12 - May 4 by somersetsimon

Of course, I meant that that this would be an appropriate comment if (when?) the official announcement is made that Monk has the job.

Personally I still don't see the need but completely accept it would never do any harm
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:18 - May 4 with 844 viewsPhil_S

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:16 - May 4 by Borojack

I apologise for the snide comment was uncalled for.

I do feel that the club need to make some sort of announcement regarding the managers job.
And seek alternatives to Monk.

Frank de Beor was virtually begging for the job after Laudrup was sacked.

Apology accepted

De Boer was? I knew of Koemans interest but did we have some from De Boer as well?

Although even if they were interested doesnt mean they were the right fix?
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:18 - May 4 with 843 viewsBrynmill_Jack

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:07 - May 4 by 3swan

I would hope that the club have considered options, that doesn't mean they would have made direct contact.

At the moment, if Garry gets the job, I would have more concern about the backroom set up including the scouting network.

Well why mention Swansea City ? I'm pretty sure SOME contact was made with Koeman, perhaps a chance meeting with one of our Dutch contingent. These thing happen in football. Remember Roberto and Dave?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:19 - May 4 with 841 viewsLeonisGod

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:07 - May 4 by 3swan

That's a fair point. We've seen the difference a decent fitness/scouting set-up can make. If we have the right people in place to enable us to hit the season running with good conditioning level and a couple of quality new additions for the first team, there's no reason why we can't push on. Monk/the team do have to step up a gear next year though. Yes, results under Garry were better than under Laudrup this season, but that wasn't hard.
for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:24 - May 4 with 831 viewsSwansea93

Koeman with Monk number 2.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:26 - May 4 with 828 views3swan

for al those who don't want monk as manager on 11:18 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Well why mention Swansea City ? I'm pretty sure SOME contact was made with Koeman, perhaps a chance meeting with one of our Dutch contingent. These thing happen in football. Remember Roberto and Dave?

That's why I used the phrase direct contact. Maybe change that to official contact.

Things go on all the time through agents or chance meetings at service station coffee breaks etc
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024