Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently 10:08 - Jun 1 with 7154 viewsAustinHarris24

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5663422/Harry-Redknapp-lines

Thoughts

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:14 - Jun 1 with 4993 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I'd rather him than Ferdinand/Lescott/Dawson, but would like him to be the oldest player we sign.

Lots of experience now in the prem, is their Captain currently so should be a strong figure at the back and even has a little European experience to add to the mix.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2014 10:15]
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:14 - Jun 1 with 4988 viewsrongould

I will believe it when it passes the "is it published on the Barnsley site" test
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:21 - Jun 1 with 4935 viewsLoft1979

Thanks for the news. Looking forward to this and think it is a good deal. He is a leader and. Good player. Hopefully that also means we want a defensive minded outfit.

Now that Remy is gone, we can look to see how Adel, Mbia and Cesar get sorted. S
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:22 - Jun 1 with 4924 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Decent player.

I'm cool with this if Barnsley announce it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:30 - Jun 1 with 4867 views08olesen

Anyone know what his injury history is like. is he the sort of person guy who will play week in week out, because im sure he has had a few spells out on the treatment table.

Happy with this if it goes through. 29 for a CB is not old and hopefully we could get 3 solid years from him. You also assume that he can use his feet being from Swansea, which is something our current CBs lack.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:31 - Jun 1 with 4864 viewsN12Hoop

So here's a player we have been linked with strongly in the past, yet has been a Swansea stalwart for a considerable period of time and is very highly rated. Suuposedly big clubs have also been keen which makes me think that either a) we've offered him a silly contract and no lessons have been learned or b) we're being used by his agent as bait for the bigger clubs to come bite. I suspect the latter and am not expecting to see him in hoops any time soon.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:32 - Jun 1 with 4852 viewsTheBlob

Think I'll run this rumour past Blibby the Octopus to see what he says.
Told Me Fat Frank last time.
Could be calamares all round soon.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:37 - Jun 1 with 4820 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:30 - Jun 1 by 08olesen

Anyone know what his injury history is like. is he the sort of person guy who will play week in week out, because im sure he has had a few spells out on the treatment table.

Happy with this if it goes through. 29 for a CB is not old and hopefully we could get 3 solid years from him. You also assume that he can use his feet being from Swansea, which is something our current CBs lack.

According to soccerbase, he played 47 games this season including internationals.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2014 10:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:39 - Jun 1 with 4807 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:31 - Jun 1 by N12Hoop

So here's a player we have been linked with strongly in the past, yet has been a Swansea stalwart for a considerable period of time and is very highly rated. Suuposedly big clubs have also been keen which makes me think that either a) we've offered him a silly contract and no lessons have been learned or b) we're being used by his agent as bait for the bigger clubs to come bite. I suspect the latter and am not expecting to see him in hoops any time soon.

You're probably right!
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:42 - Jun 1 with 4780 viewsElHoop

He's got one year left at Swansea so presumably he hasn't agreed or been offered terms. He's a proper player so yes please, if he'll come to us for the right money then he would be a top top signing who would massively enhance our chances of staying up.
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:43 - Jun 1 with 4773 viewskensalriser

Won't be a regular starter at a bigger club, IMO, so if he wants to play QPR are a good choice. Still has another year at Swansea, so he would be coming for the money, though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:47 - Jun 1 with 4729 viewsbeanofire1

Definitely, the 'right sort'.......

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:49 - Jun 1 with 4714 viewskarl

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:32 - Jun 1 by TheBlob

Think I'll run this rumour past Blibby the Octopus to see what he says.
Told Me Fat Frank last time.
Could be calamares all round soon.

Pulpo Blobby, what's the poor squid done wrong? Unless he is agent for SWP of course!
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:58 - Jun 1 with 4650 viewsRBlock

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:31 - Jun 1 by N12Hoop

I think your right here. If it goes through than it is a fantastic signing. Good defender, right side of 30. Could just fancy a change from Wales! I mean Wales. Seriously though I see no logical reason why he would want to move to us. Maybe this is Harry's famous pulling power at work, but a large contract or bait would make more sense.
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 11:21 - Jun 1 with 4510 viewsTacticalR

Nearly killed Robin van Persie didn't he?

Air hostess clique

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:16 - Jun 1 with 4314 viewsdenhamhoop2

Very good defender not quite sure why he would leave Swansea for us.If he is the sort of signing we are looking for i wouldnt be disappointed
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:22 - Jun 1 with 4268 views08olesen

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:16 - Jun 1 by denhamhoop2

Very good defender not quite sure why he would leave Swansea for us.If he is the sort of signing we are looking for i wouldnt be disappointed

To be fair the bloke has been in Swansea since 2008, he probably wants a chance to play under a manager like Redknapp, live in London and have a new challenge. He is has only got another 4/5 years left, so may not get another opportunity. Cant blame him really.

I really doubt there needed to be much persuasion at all and i dont expect him to be on a massive wage. From the outsider this seems like a very shrewd deal, but still a long way to go yet before its done i expect.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:23 - Jun 1 with 4264 viewsHunterhoop

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:16 - Jun 1 by denhamhoop2

Surprised Swansea are letting him go and aren't trying to extend his contract.

If he's the same player next season as he has been these last few season it's a good signing and he shouldn't be on silly wages and with only one year left on his contract we shouldn't be paying over the odds.

I'd still rather Micah Richards or someone who will have resale value in 2-3 years, but this is better than Lescott, Dawson, etc.
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:33 - Jun 1 with 4218 viewsTW_R

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:23 - Jun 1 by Hunterhoop

Surprised Swansea are letting him go and aren't trying to extend his contract.

If he's the same player next season as he has been these last few season it's a good signing and he shouldn't be on silly wages and with only one year left on his contract we shouldn't be paying over the odds.

I'd still rather Micah Richards or someone who will have resale value in 2-3 years, but this is better than Lescott, Dawson, etc.

Yeah - this would be a great signing. Perhaps we could get Richards too?

Saying that I did read somewhere that City may make him see out his contract so they can meet their home grown player quota.
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:37 - Jun 1 with 4180 viewsHunterhoop

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:33 - Jun 1 by TW_R

Yeah - this would be a great signing. Perhaps we could get Richards too?

Saying that I did read somewhere that City may make him see out his contract so they can meet their home grown player quota.

Amazing how a rule to encourage teams having home grown players in their squads will effectively stop a home grown player from starting regularly in the Prem!
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 12:39 - Jun 1 with 4176 viewsTopCat34

Remember reading somewhere that NW wanted him in our first season back in the Prem, but the conditions of that summer meant we missed out and had to settle for Danny Gabbidon. Anyway, I rate him quite highly and he seems to possess the sort of attitude that we need to actively seek if we want to avoid making the same mistakes as last time. Lescott probably a better player but Williams on half the wages would be quite frankly a coup (of sorts)
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 13:30 - Jun 1 with 3936 viewsTheBlob

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 10:49 - Jun 1 by karl

Pulpo Blobby, what's the poor squid done wrong? Unless he is agent for SWP of course!

Blibby says don't do it.Still feels bad about suggesting Gabbidon.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 22:04 - Jun 1 with 3006 viewseghamranger

Says on the bbc sports website that he is out of the Wales game because he is injured

Or is he in Harlington?
Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 23:00 - Jun 1 with 2835 viewslondonscottish

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 22:04 - Jun 1 by eghamranger

Says on the bbc sports website that he is out of the Wales game because he is injured

Or is he in Harlington?

For what it's worth the Fail are saying it's on. Which, thinking about it, is worth f-all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2645549/Ashley-Williams-ready-

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ashley Williams close to being done deal apparently on 23:20 - Jun 1 with 2758 viewsPunteR

I'll be well happy with this signing. If he helps us stay up over the next 3-4 years that's gotta be worth more then a resale value.
If it happens lets hope he gel's with QPR and hits the ground running.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024