Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio F deal in doubt. 19:23 - Jul 2 with 9732 viewsWeaverQPR

TF having a rethink on wages. On Westlondonsport

@WeavQPR

Rio F deal in doubt. on 03:19 - Jul 3 with 2009 viewsjonno

Rio F deal in doubt. on 02:01 - Jul 3 by timcocking

It's a tough call.

Personally, i think Rio would be a good signing for a year, but he ticks every box we all agree we don't want, so i can't blame Tony for having some reservations.

That said, take each signing on it's merits, and i think Rio and the Chief (or better still imo, Rio and Stephen Caulker) would be a good partnership.

Tend to agree, although it does fly in the face of the stated intention of signing players on there way up rather than on their way down. Initially I was dead against the idea but I have been quite impressed with his obvious knowledge on the TV world cup analysis and the way he puts it across which may well be a useful benefit to our younger players etc. I had assumed he was as thick as sh1t like his brother but that clearly isn't the case. And he is obviously a far better player (well he could hardly be worse). I suspect he could still cut it at top level but its the injuries that are a concern. If the deal is structured in a way to cover those eventualities then he could be a useful signing.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 08:32 - Jul 3 with 1832 viewsdubaistu

The Mirror gave reference to sloppy chops and the scratching spittle expelled after he didn't get his way with Wayne Bridge last summer.

Can someone remind me how he got on at Brighton and whether he is still playing today?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 08:54 - Jul 3 with 1804 viewsDiscodroid

im encouraged by the message which appears to be coming out of the club in the last few days.

pretty elated , if truth be told.

come september, when the rio's finally put out of his misery ,with his lumbago, we will have to find him a role in the community of vibrant young talent in acton shepherds bush etc among the congolese/afghan/chad/somalian community

pay him 90 grand a week to reach out to the estranged youth too play a game of rudimentry soccer in front of that gormlessdan walker on football focus once a year to raise money for child soldiers.
i can just see it know.
"and now down to loftus road where a recently retired from playing rio ferdinand has been commissioned by qpr to team up with jason roberts and paul elliot to launch an extraordinary urban initiative to find the first premiership player from eirtrea among the post gangs of hounslow.

no thanks rio .

as they say in essex...the only way is up baby!!!!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2014 8:56]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rio F deal in doubt. on 08:57 - Jul 3 with 1800 viewsHunterhoop

Rio F deal in doubt. on 08:32 - Jul 3 by dubaistu

The Mirror gave reference to sloppy chops and the scratching spittle expelled after he didn't get his way with Wayne Bridge last summer.

Can someone remind me how he got on at Brighton and whether he is still playing today?

Indeed.

The answers being: 'badly' and 'no'. Bullet dodged there.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 08:57 - Jul 3 with 1798 viewssaxbend

I am completely undecided as to whether we should/will sign Rio. But I find it amusingly unsurprising that after so many sources were talking as if it were a done deal they now unashamedly talk about doubt as if they'd never insisted it had happened.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 09:52 - Jul 3 with 1737 viewsLoft1979

Rio F deal in doubt. on 08:57 - Jul 3 by saxbend

I am completely undecided as to whether we should/will sign Rio. But I find it amusingly unsurprising that after so many sources were talking as if it were a done deal they now unashamedly talk about doubt as if they'd never insisted it had happened.

Sax ans fellow bloggers: consider this (with an open mind)....we already have a mid 30s centerback who can't jump , barely run, has flakey knees who was supposed to be here long enough for QPR to get promoted. He has been here long enough to get promoted twice. Why is he still here? He has heart, leadership and a captain's soul even though he admits his time is closing.

If rio does come will he play 38 games......probably not. Will he sign a 4 year deal ...not will he embarrass us ....I doubt it. In fact he probably plays a Ryan Nelsen role but hopefully more as a MENTOR to Col Donaldson, Jamal Lascelles, Sendles-white and Nedum. Rio has a lot to teach if he comes. I hope we get good young players in but we need good veterans ( with prem experience) too.

My rant.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 10:02 - Jul 3 with 1724 viewsgordanoR

If Rio is begin signed with a view to him coaching/inspiring the younger defenders then why not sign the guy on a coaching contract rather than as a player? Would a coaching contract be less money than a player earns?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 10:07 - Jul 3 with 1713 viewsrobith

Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:11 - Jul 2 by batmanhoop

rather go for Micah Richards, partnership with Ned would be awesome

Don't understand the fascination with Micah Richards - he's injury prone, on fair old wages, and has played 9 games in 2 years
Login to get fewer ads

Rio F deal in doubt. on 11:46 - Jul 3 with 1661 viewsrsonist

Not sure how and between whom terms would already have been provisionally agreed if TF and Beard haven't given it the go ahead. Not a good look for anyone if TF is suddenly changing his mind on agreed plans.

If the board and management are working in tandem they can't have submitted bids for Ferdinand, Caulker AND Lascelles surely.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:43 - Jul 3 with 1622 viewsadhoc_qpr

IF Ferdinand is fit i'm happy for him to have a one year contract at the upper end of our wage limit OR a 2 year deal that is largely based on performances and appearances.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:46 - Jul 3 with 1612 viewsDANRANGER

As we do not have a director of football then I guess we work in the old fashioned way of the manager signs the players. Agreed the board have to sign it off but if Harry is the way forward then they have to give him control of signings. The players we sign have to be wanted by the manager and I guess overall his signings have worked, permanent signings that is so let him get on with it.

No-one knows if Rio would be a success and stay injury free but he is a top pro and although we have 2 senior defenders already, neither of them are in Rio's class. My view is if it happens then we need to complement him with Caulker or Lascalles, preferably Caulker but I believe he has plenty to offer on and off the pitch.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:48 - Jul 3 with 1603 viewsdanehoop

Rio F deal in doubt. on 11:46 - Jul 3 by rsonist

Not sure how and between whom terms would already have been provisionally agreed if TF and Beard haven't given it the go ahead. Not a good look for anyone if TF is suddenly changing his mind on agreed plans.

If the board and management are working in tandem they can't have submitted bids for Ferdinand, Caulker AND Lascelles surely.

At this point of the transfer window I imagine there is exactly that scenario with multiple bids for different players. They will be working to see what options might be available and within a realistic price range, before narrowing it down and deciding which to follow up. So that we seem to be looking at 3 different centre back options and two different midfield onces (that we know of) sounds pretty encouraging.

Never knowingly understood

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:48 - Jul 3 with 1603 viewsFredManRave

Rio F deal in doubt. on 00:37 - Jul 3 by TacticalR

There's also the issue of whether or not the executive boxes are spacious enough to hold his entourage of WAGs. If not costly building work will have to be undertaken and season-ticket holders moved.

I'd like to see a WAGs box at the new ground.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:49 - Jul 3 with 1595 viewsEastR

can someone remind me of the recent quote regarding no more players coming 'to die' ? (and who it was who said it?)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:50 - Jul 3 with 1590 viewsdaveB

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:49 - Jul 3 by EastR

can someone remind me of the recent quote regarding no more players coming 'to die' ? (and who it was who said it?)

Joey Barton said it, something along the lines of This can no longer be a club where old players come to die
Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:52 - Jul 3 with 1552 viewspaulparker

I was actually coming round to the fact that signing Rio would be ok
if we sign the Forest Lad & Rio I fully expect HR to play 3-5-2 with Rio being the sweeper
you could have simpson at RWB & Young at LWB,
I would then like us to try for KI from Swansea, a midfield 3 of Barton, Faurlin & Ki would be very good and make us a very hard team to break down, add Austin and a pacy Forward we would have the makings of a team that would comfortably finish around 14/15th

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:53 - Jul 3 with 1548 viewsYorkRanger

Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:58 - Jul 2 by eghamranger

He will come. Has done the deal and moved down already. Near bbc for his media work and family. Doesn't need the money

Need Caulker more. His family are from Feltham and is an old Harry boy, so I'm confident on that one 😄

Thought the BBC had moved to Salford
Rio F deal in doubt. on 13:15 - Jul 3 with 1511 viewsrsonist

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:52 - Jul 3 by paulparker

I was actually coming round to the fact that signing Rio would be ok
if we sign the Forest Lad & Rio I fully expect HR to play 3-5-2 with Rio being the sweeper
you could have simpson at RWB & Young at LWB,
I would then like us to try for KI from Swansea, a midfield 3 of Barton, Faurlin & Ki would be very good and make us a very hard team to break down, add Austin and a pacy Forward we would have the makings of a team that would comfortably finish around 14/15th

Three at the back would be definitely be an option worth considering. Trouble is, a team playing 3-5-2 have got to have had the plan drilled into them on the training ground for it to work otherwise t,ey'll get torn to shreds. Over to you Harry.

Also Simpson isn't a wing-back sadly. Although again if someone were to work hard on his crossing with him...
Rio F deal in doubt. on 13:33 - Jul 3 with 1476 viewsR_from_afar

I'll grudgingly admit that I see some positives if we do buy Rio but he would be a big risk (motivation, injury issues, lack of pace, age, attitude (remember his moaning about Moyes not giving him enough time to prepare? That was laughable)).

I can't help feeling that it is the lazy way out and that with a bit or research, we can find a cheaper, more motivated player who is nearly as good but who has enough of their career ahead of them to improve and really achieve something.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rio F deal in doubt. on 15:50 - Jul 3 with 1402 viewsLoft1979

Rio F deal in doubt. on 02:01 - Jul 3 by timcocking

It's a tough call.

Personally, i think Rio would be a good signing for a year, but he ticks every box we all agree we don't want, so i can't blame Tony for having some reservations.

That said, take each signing on it's merits, and i think Rio and the Chief (or better still imo, Rio and Stephen Caulker) would be a good partnership.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10943647/Rio
Rio F deal in doubt. on 15:58 - Jul 3 with 1380 viewsQPunkR

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:43 - Jul 3 by adhoc_qpr

IF Ferdinand is fit i'm happy for him to have a one year contract at the upper end of our wage limit OR a 2 year deal that is largely based on performances and appearances.

We have a wage limit?!??!

QPR - "shit but local"

Rio F deal in doubt. on 15:59 - Jul 3 with 1377 viewsHAYESBOY

Rio F deal in doubt. on 15:50 - Jul 3 by Loft1979

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10943647/Rio

They seem to have a quote:

Redknapp told Telegraph Sport: "Rio has agreed to join us and we're hopeful of getting that one over the line when he gets back from the World Cup.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rio F deal in doubt. on 16:01 - Jul 3 with 1367 viewswhittocksRs

Rio's a good player but him signing jeopardises everything the club has been trying to avoid. Even just to make a statement of intent, Fernandes should kibosh this. Some people are saying it's dangerous if an owner chooses who we buy. Two answer to that: one, Mark Hughes, and two, his money, his wage structure, his club. If Redknapp can't play to the rules, he'll have to go.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 16:17 - Jul 3 with 1348 viewsLoft1979

Rio F deal in doubt. on 16:01 - Jul 3 by whittocksRs

Rio's a good player but him signing jeopardises everything the club has been trying to avoid. Even just to make a statement of intent, Fernandes should kibosh this. Some people are saying it's dangerous if an owner chooses who we buy. Two answer to that: one, Mark Hughes, and two, his money, his wage structure, his club. If Redknapp can't play to the rules, he'll have to go.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/cardiff-city-accept-8million-bid-736
Rio F deal in doubt. on 16:18 - Jul 3 with 1346 viewsLoft1979

Rio F deal in doubt. on 15:58 - Jul 3 by QPunkR

We have a wage limit?!??!

That should creates shudders at the mail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024