Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio F deal in doubt. 19:23 - Jul 2 with 9731 viewsWeaverQPR

TF having a rethink on wages. On Westlondonsport

@WeavQPR

Rio F deal in doubt. on 18:08 - Jul 3 with 2387 viewsterryb

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:18 - Jul 2 by daveB

Difficult one as Harry would say.

If you look at Redknapp at Portsmouth he always signed experienced players and got something out of them from Merson to Sherringham to Sol Campbell and many more. He seems to be trying to do similar with us last year with Dunne, O'Neiil etc

That can bring short term results and with the money on offer staying in the prem with short term results isn't the worst plan in the world but I would like to see us go for players not necessarily young but who see QPR as a step up and are excited to join us. I've always liked Rio Ferdinand and think he could add real quality and help bring on some younger players like a Lascelles but coming to QPR will be a massive step down for him.

I think if we've given Redknapp a budget it should be up to him who we sign within reason and Ferdinand on sensible wages would be a good addition imo.

It's a dangerous road to go down if the owner starts saying who we should and shouldn't buy. In this instance Fernandes may well be right but going forward he might force through a signing who turns out to be crap, then who gets the blame?

I would agree with you Dave that the company management (TF) should not dictate to the team manager (HR) whom he signs.

However, if the club have laid down a policy on the type/age/affordability of the players that are to be considered, it is up to the team manager to follow that policy.

I do not know if this is applicable or not, but it could be the reason for the non signature of Ferdinand. I also don't know what you or Rio would regard as sensible wages, but the often quoted £60k per week does not seem sensible to me.

IF HR has been told that any signings must conform to any such policy, it is imperative that he sticks to the policy & does not try to sign anyone outside of that criteria.

If he objects to such a policy he should resign with no financial redress.

On the other hand, IF there is no such policy in place, then the two of them need to meet asap to agree on targets & feasibility.

What mustn't be ignored is the likelihood that in a year's time HR will not be here & a new manager being saddled with older expensive players that are past their best.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 18:13 - Jul 3 with 2374 viewsDesertBoot

5 Live just said the deal is happening.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Rio F deal in doubt. on 18:42 - Jul 3 with 2321 views1BobbyHazell

Harry says it's happening.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/03/rio-ferdinand-qpr-free-transfer

Poor signing for me, even if he has a half decent season, has played about half of Man U's league games over the last 4 seasons. If he's the only one it's just about acceptable. Physios prepare yourselves...

Caulker on the other hand...
Rio F deal in doubt. on 18:44 - Jul 3 with 2313 viewsTheBlob

Mouth watering partnership.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:57 - Jul 3 with 2280 viewsTacticalR

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:48 - Jul 3 by FredManRave

I'd like to see a WAGs box at the new ground.

I'd like to see an entire WAGs tier, or perhaps a WAGs end. It won't be boutique football, more football with boutiques.

Air hostess clique

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:57 - Jul 3 with 2278 viewsDoughnut

More cast-offs and has beens. Totally underwhelmed!!!
Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:15 - Jul 3 with 2252 viewsGloryHunter

If he plays more minutes in his first game than Kieron Dyer, that'll be a start.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:43 - Jul 3 with 2209 viewsderbyhoop

Rio played 23 games for Manure last season. If fit he'd be a decent signing as long as
Basic pay is sensible
He is incentivised to play 25+ games
He is incentivised to keep us up
We sign a young CB who can learn from him. Caulker and las cells both fit the bill.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:07 - Jul 3 with 2185 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:57 - Jul 3 by Doughnut

Which of those two are Caulker out of interest? A cast-off or a has been?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:34 - Jul 3 with 2146 viewsTW_R

Rio F deal in doubt. on 12:48 - Jul 3 by FredManRave

I'd like to see a WAGs box at the new ground.

Which WAG though?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:56 - Jul 3 with 2096 viewsTheBlob

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:57 - Jul 3 by Doughnut

I'd rather have a has been than a never will be.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 00:03 - Jul 4 with 2055 viewsGrifter

Rio F deal in doubt. on 02:01 - Jul 3 by timcocking

It's a tough call.

Personally, i think Rio would be a good signing for a year, but he ticks every box we all agree we don't want, so i can't blame Tony for having some reservations.

That said, take each signing on it's merits, and i think Rio and the Chief (or better still imo, Rio and Stephen Caulker) would be a good partnership.

"(or better still imo, Rio and Stephen Caulker) ". You want to ditch our best CB for Rio? Is this a joke? No wonder players are such mercenaries when fans have zero loyalty.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 09:10 - Jul 4 with 1961 viewsnadera78

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Redknapp went scurrying to the press yesterday in an attempt to force Fernandes into agreeing the deal with Ferdinand. Suggesting that a fee has been agreed for Caulker is just his little sweetener, to keep people happy, but it's meaningless really - there are other clubs trying to get him and he's far more likely to go elsewhere. Utterly predictable from Redknapp.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 14:23 - Jul 4 with 1894 viewsisawqpratwcity

has the ring of a hughes' signing...old, out of contract, big reputation, looking for a wedge.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:42 - Jul 4 with 1838 viewsFredManRave

Question is, is he the right sort?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:19 - Jul 4 with 1753 viewsHollowayRanger

retirement home for old centrebacks hill dunne ferdiand

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Rio F deal in doubt. on 15:34 - Jul 5 with 1682 viewsTacticalR

Anyone remember Roygate, or was it Roytube?

End of the line, Rio: Hodgson tells fellow Tube travellers it's over for Ferdinand
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roy-hodgson-tells-fans-rio-1358906

Air hostess clique

Rio F deal in doubt. on 16:42 - Jul 5 with 1620 viewsDiscodroid

im sorry , but as spinal tap would say "shit sandwich' of a signing.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:38 - Jul 5 with 1532 viewsTHEBUSH

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:19 - Jul 4 by HollowayRanger

retirement home for old centrebacks hill dunne ferdiand

You are obviously too young to have seen Frank Mclintock and Dave Webb play
[Post edited 5 Jul 2014 19:40]
Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:47 - Jul 5 with 1448 viewsGloryHunter

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:38 - Jul 5 by THEBUSH

You are obviously too young to have seen Frank Mclintock and Dave Webb play
[Post edited 5 Jul 2014 19:40]

They were fantastic for us. But would they have coped with the current levels of speed and fitness?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024