Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread 15:41 - Jul 27 with 16017 viewsjackharris

V

[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 15:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:37 - Jul 27 with 2815 viewskarnataka

I know what you mean. I wonder how some of the Argyle fans felt about him coming back to the club after all those years away. Can't say I'd be at all comfortable with the situation if he's been a Swans keeper.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:40 - Jul 27 with 2715 viewsHuw57

Still 1-0 to the Swans, 5 minutes left of the first half.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:44 - Jul 27 with 2622 viewsJackoBoostardo

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:32 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

Yeah just had a look on the net, sentenced to 7 yrs 4 months .

Im not sure how i feel about it really, the bloke should have served alot longer and it seems wrong that he just carries on with his life after it.

Setting an example to the younger generation.

Assh0le shouldn't be allowed the privilege of a well paid career in football again! It seems too much of a reward to continue where he left off, when life has ended for multiple families.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:45 - Jul 27 with 2597 viewsJackfath

What do you think should happen to him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:46 - Jul 27 with 2555 viewshobo

Chico injured, Ash on
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:46 - Jul 27 with 2554 viewsHuw57

Chico has gone off due to a back injury.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 2496 viewsItchySphincter

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:37 - Jul 27 by karnataka

I know what you mean. I wonder how some of the Argyle fans felt about him coming back to the club after all those years away. Can't say I'd be at all comfortable with the situation if he's been a Swans keeper.

They love him. Probably would of gone higher than Plymouth if it had not been for that. Very highly rated.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 2488 viewsHuw57

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:49 - Jul 27 with 2475 viewsbalboajack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:48 - Jul 27 by ItchySphincter

They love him. Probably would of gone higher than Plymouth if it had not been for that. Very highly rated.

Would have. Have.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:54 - Jul 27 with 2348 viewsicecoldjack

I wonder if clubs should unofficially black list these types of players ?

Didnt Lee Hughes play again after serving time for killing somebody too ?

In the eyes of the law they have served their punishment but in reality to pick up from where they left off and pick up thousands per week and a lifestyle of glory just seems plain wrong.

If the guy was a plumber and went back to plumbing it would be a bit more acceptable , but when he returns to being a professional footballer and is on the TV,newspapers, etc celebrating wins and getting on with his life it kinda rubs it in the face of the victims.

As said above, such a privelidged position to be in ..
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:56 - Jul 27 with 2309 viewsItchySphincter

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:49 - Jul 27 by balboajack

Would have. Have.

Yeah alright, thanks for the insight, now phuck off, ta.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 2284 viewssomersetsimon

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:31 - Jul 27 by TenkosBlondeWig

I thought Donnelly didn't make the most of his difficult chance last season in the Europa League

he looked terrible

It was a big call to through him into a European away match for his full debut. I know he did miss a good chance, but he did also have a perfectly good goal disallowed. Whatever his faults, he's certainly a more natural goalscorer than Schecter or Vasquez ever were!

With all these youngsters, it's always going to be difficult if they don't get a good run in the team. Do you think that the fact that Richards and Donnelly are still in the squad means that Monk rates them? Not much point playing them if the intention is to get rid of them.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 2273 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

It is a difficult one but if being a footballer is your job and you have served your time then I cannot see a problem with that.

Its up to the Courts to set the sentence and once thats served then you shouldn't punish again by not allowing the person to work
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:58 - Jul 27 with 2245 viewsWitneyjack

He has served his time as stipulated by the laws of the land. As such he should be entitled to resume his former career, and certainly not be treated differently just because he is a professional sportsman.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 2213 viewssomersetsimon

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 16:09 - Jul 27 by Huw57

#SWANS: Fabianski, Rangel, Chico, Bartley, Kingsley, Ki, Shelvey, Routledge, Dyer, Sheehan, Donnelly.

What's the midfield arrangement with Ki, Shelvey and Sheehan?

Good to see the youngsters getting a good run out in these friendlies. Who do we think will be a regular first team player be the end of the season?
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:02 - Jul 27 with 2145 viewsJackoBoostardo

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:54 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

I wonder if clubs should unofficially black list these types of players ?

Didnt Lee Hughes play again after serving time for killing somebody too ?

In the eyes of the law they have served their punishment but in reality to pick up from where they left off and pick up thousands per week and a lifestyle of glory just seems plain wrong.

If the guy was a plumber and went back to plumbing it would be a bit more acceptable , but when he returns to being a professional footballer and is on the TV,newspapers, etc celebrating wins and getting on with his life it kinda rubs it in the face of the victims.

As said above, such a privelidged position to be in ..

A crime as heinous as wiping out a family, and he gets to go back to normal is an insult to the victims' remaining family. Is he contributing his money towards charities to stop drink driving? Nope! He continues to live the high life as if his crimes never happened.

He should be confined to living the life or a normal everyday joe, and all the struggles this brings. A bump back to reality for the scrote!

Take a life, why should you expect your normal life back?!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:05 - Jul 27 with 2040 viewsJackfath

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:02 - Jul 27 by JackoBoostardo

A crime as heinous as wiping out a family, and he gets to go back to normal is an insult to the victims' remaining family. Is he contributing his money towards charities to stop drink driving? Nope! He continues to live the high life as if his crimes never happened.

He should be confined to living the life or a normal everyday joe, and all the struggles this brings. A bump back to reality for the scrote!

Take a life, why should you expect your normal life back?!

What should happen to him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:05 - Jul 27 with 2042 viewsSwan91

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:59 - Jul 27 by somersetsimon

What's the midfield arrangement with Ki, Shelvey and Sheehan?

Good to see the youngsters getting a good run out in these friendlies. Who do we think will be a regular first team player be the end of the season?

Ki in Leon's position, Shelvey where he usually is and Sheehan as AM

That what I think it is anyway.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:08 - Jul 27 with 1973 viewsSkipTheJack

Once a sentence has been served then everybody has the right to carry on with their lives.

The problem in this case was that the sentence was nowhere near long enough. It should have been more like 20-25 years, and then there would have been no resumption of his football career.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:08 - Jul 27 with 1965 viewshobo

Amat, Tiendalli, Jazz, Montero on Bartley, Rangel, Routs, Ki off
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:09 - Jul 27 with 1919 viewsJackfath

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:08 - Jul 27 by SkipTheJack

Once a sentence has been served then everybody has the right to carry on with their lives.

The problem in this case was that the sentence was nowhere near long enough. It should have been more like 20-25 years, and then there would have been no resumption of his football career.

That's not the footballers' fault though and therefore he should be allowed to continue his job without the pitchfork bearing justice crew.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:12 - Jul 27 with 1798 viewshobo

Donnelly injured, Gomis on
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:13 - Jul 27 with 1765 viewsSwan91

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:09 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

That's not the footballers' fault though and therefore he should be allowed to continue his job without the pitchfork bearing justice crew.

I agree. The court should've added more years onto his sentence but they made that decision. He did his time and should now be able to work again. Doesn't matter if he's a footballer or not he served his time
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:13 - Jul 27 with 1765 viewsshingle

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:05 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

What should happen to him?

Put the c-nt in a hole and keep him going on bread and water until the scumbag dies.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:14 - Jul 27 with 1735 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:32 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

Yeah just had a look on the net, sentenced to 7 yrs 4 months .

Im not sure how i feel about it really, the bloke should have served alot longer and it seems wrong that he just carries on with his life after it.

And then you've got people like me.. he's skilled though, obviously.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024