Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread 15:41 - Jul 27 with 16018 viewsjackharris

V

[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 15:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Jul 27 with 2936 viewsJackfath

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:14 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

And then you've got people like me.. he's skilled though, obviously.

I wonder if he stayed in school though? It would have been easy for him to give up and moan about his lack of a job but he built himself back up knowing he's going to get pelters from fans weekly.

Good on him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Jul 27 with 2928 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:45 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

What do you think should happen to him?

Ban him from football.. make him work for free to gain experience to get a job.. I've broken no laws though.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:17 - Jul 27 with 2917 viewsicecoldjack

Yes ,in the eyes of the Law he has served his time and paid the price, in the eyes of normal people he has got away with Murder and yet basically wins the lottery as he continues to play professional football and take all the trappings that go with it.

Its a difficult one, he didn't set out to kill two children , he didn't mean to cause harm to anyone ,he seerved his time but IMO i wouldn't be happy if we had a player like that at Swansea and nor do i think the board would ever stand for it, regardless of the ability of the player.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:17 - Jul 27 with 2903 viewshobo

4943 attendance, 427 Jacks
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:18 - Jul 27 with 2884 viewsJBT95

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 17:54 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

I wonder if clubs should unofficially black list these types of players ?

Didnt Lee Hughes play again after serving time for killing somebody too ?

In the eyes of the law they have served their punishment but in reality to pick up from where they left off and pick up thousands per week and a lifestyle of glory just seems plain wrong.

If the guy was a plumber and went back to plumbing it would be a bit more acceptable , but when he returns to being a professional footballer and is on the TV,newspapers, etc celebrating wins and getting on with his life it kinda rubs it in the face of the victims.

As said above, such a privelidged position to be in ..

Where do you stand on the Jimmy Saville pictures on BBC news everytime then?

That to me is more sickening as that guy knew exactly what he was doing for years and years, people knew too and didn't bother doing anything. Lots of families affected across the UK, yet the BBC insist on showing archive film of him everytime.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 18:19]
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:18 - Jul 27 with 2879 viewsJackfath

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

Ban him from football.. make him work for free to gain experience to get a job.. I've broken no laws though.

He;s already got a job though.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:20 - Jul 27 with 2804 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:18 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

He;s already got a job though.

He's killed somebody ffs.. who have I killed?..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 2768 viewsJackfath

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:20 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

He's killed somebody ffs.. who have I killed?..

He's served his time for that though.

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:23 - Jul 27 with 2714 viewsGeoffThom

Get off this fellas and stick to the game ,what's done is done
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 2668 viewsjacabertawe

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:23 - Jul 27 by GeoffThom

Get off this fellas and stick to the game ,what's done is done

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 2642 viewsBanosswan

Lots of injuries, maybe they haven't done enough dune running.....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 2518 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:21 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

He's served his time for that though.

Good on him.. hope he has a fantastic living.. he deserves it after all.. well done McCormick..

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 2486 viewshobo

Taylor, Bray, King, Cornell and Sigurdsson replace Kingsley, Dyer, Sheehan, Fabianski and Shelvey.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 2477 viewsDarran

It is not the fault of the player it is the fault of the criminal justice system.
In the real world he would have served at least 25 years and been incapable of playing football for a living when released.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 2469 viewsbluenile

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:28 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

Good on him.. hope he has a fantastic living.. he deserves it after all.. well done McCormick..

Wonder what's happening in the actual game.............as opposed to Wormwood Scrubs....................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:30 - Jul 27 with 2432 viewsSkipTheJack

Amat 2-0
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:30 - Jul 27 with 2431 viewsHuw57

69: GOAL!! @Only1Argyle 0-2 #Swans (Amat)

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:32 - Jul 27 with 2337 viewshobo

Good stuff, well done Jordi!
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:32 - Jul 27 with 2299 viewshobo

3-0 sigurdsson!
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:32 - Jul 27 with 2294 viewsSkipTheJack

3-0 Siggy
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:33 - Jul 27 with 2262 viewsHuw57

72: GOALL!!! @Only1Argyle 0-3 #Swans (Sigurdsson)

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 2195 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:29 - Jul 27 by Darran

It is not the fault of the player it is the fault of the criminal justice system.
In the real world he would have served at least 25 years and been incapable of playing football for a living when released.

Still gets treated better than me... the illuminati needs to get a grip.. it's outrage!

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:37 - Jul 27 with 2074 viewsjacabertawe

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:34 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

Still gets treated better than me... the illuminati needs to get a grip.. it's outrage!

.....and meanwhile we are three-nil up. Just out of interest.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:40 - Jul 27 with 1928 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:37 - Jul 27 by jacabertawe

.....and meanwhile we are three-nil up. Just out of interest.

F*ck the football.. if the Swans don't win.. Monk should get the boot.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:45 - Jul 27 with 1700 viewsicecoldjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City Official MatchDay Thread on 18:18 - Jul 27 by JBT95

Where do you stand on the Jimmy Saville pictures on BBC news everytime then?

That to me is more sickening as that guy knew exactly what he was doing for years and years, people knew too and didn't bother doing anything. Lots of families affected across the UK, yet the BBC insist on showing archive film of him everytime.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 18:19]

Where do i stand with Saville ?

The bloke was dispicible in every sense of the word but was protected by the establishment of this country.

Was an alleged procurer of innocent and vulnerable children for a group of very well protected people who have since decided to deflect attention from them by throwing lesser guys like stuart hall and rolf harris to the wolves hoping the situation will reach saturation point and people will get fed up of the whole thing and switch off.

To keep showing the pictures and to keep talking about it de sensitizes it to many.

As i said, im not sure how i feel about this goalkeeper, he made a mistake and was punished for it. Saville was protected until the day he died begging the question, what exactly did he know ?

I dont quite see the parallel between Saville and this goalkeeper, both did terrible things but for different reasons and totally different motives and in the goal keepers case accidentially.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 18:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024