Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? 21:41 - Sep 9 with 19011 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:10 - Sep 9 with 2351 viewsRancid

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:08 - Sep 9 by jacksinceever

Trouble is, who do they replace him with?
England have tried replacing manager after manager, yet have won nothing for 48 years.
We need to have someone in place before chucking the manager because of a very poor performance from the team as a whole (barring Bale who seems to be the only one likely to score)

Has to be Pulis mate.Out of work , Welsh and a great motivator.
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:10 - Sep 9 with 2351 viewspembsjack

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:08 - Sep 9 by jacksinceever

Trouble is, who do they replace him with?
England have tried replacing manager after manager, yet have won nothing for 48 years.
We need to have someone in place before chucking the manager because of a very poor performance from the team as a whole (barring Bale who seems to be the only one likely to score)

Ask our own Huw Jenkins, hes got a knack of choosing a good un!
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:11 - Sep 9 with 2347 viewsjack247

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:02 - Sep 9 by Uxbridge

Pulis won't want the gig. FAW will only appoint a Welshman. Then try to think of another candidate.

He's going nowhere.

If the FAW will only appoint Welshmen, they may as well stick with Coleman.

Pulis will hang around until someone realises they are in a relegation scrap and presses the panic button at Christmas time. He will be massively in demand after what he did as a firefighter at Palace last year. Why manage Wales when you have a very strong chance of a Prem job in the next few months
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:12 - Sep 9 with 2335 viewsUxbridge

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:11 - Sep 9 by jack247

If the FAW will only appoint Welshmen, they may as well stick with Coleman.

Pulis will hang around until someone realises they are in a relegation scrap and presses the panic button at Christmas time. He will be massively in demand after what he did as a firefighter at Palace last year. Why manage Wales when you have a very strong chance of a Prem job in the next few months

Exactly. Saying that, if there's even a semi-competent option I'd give him the gig.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:13 - Sep 9 with 2333 viewsjacksinceever

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:09 - Sep 9 by Darran

#jackettforwales

Doesn't seem that long ago some people were questioning whether he was the right man for Swans, just prior to the Barnsley Play-Off game
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:13 - Sep 9 with 2333 viewskarnataka

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 21:55 - Sep 9 by pembsjack

The whole performance seemed laboured and lacklustre with a lack of tactical know how. In my opinion he needs gone now. We got a decent squad this time round, but its going to be wasted with Coleman in charge.

Agree 100%. This is the best squad we've had in a while and a we've been drawn in a group from which we can qualify (especially after the Bosnia/Cyprus result) for the first time since I've been watching footy. It would be criminal for this opportunity to be wasted.

We have the players we have and can't change that and we have a more than decent core of 6-7 but we need a manager who can get the players properly organised rather than impersonating headless chickens and, more importantly, playing to our strengths. That is precisely what Pulis did at Palace. They had a squad of workmanlike players with no genuinely outstanding individuals at that level and all he did was get them organised and playing to their strengths and everyone said he'd performed a miracle. I'm pretty sure he could do even better with a team that includes Williams, Chester, Davies, Taylor, Ramsey, Bale, Allen who are all as good as or better than anyone he inherited at Palace.

I'm sure Coleman won't get the chop after a win but another performance anywhere near as bad as that and it has to happen sooner rather than later before too many points are wasted.
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:14 - Sep 9 with 2320 viewsDarran

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:13 - Sep 9 by jacksinceever

Doesn't seem that long ago some people were questioning whether he was the right man for Swans, just prior to the Barnsley Play-Off game

I think he's a better manager her now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:16 - Sep 9 with 2312 viewsjacksinceever

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:14 - Sep 9 by Darran

I think he's a better manager her now.

Could well be right - not that those clowns at the FAW would see it
Login to get fewer ads

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:21 - Sep 9 with 2277 viewsjack247

Personally, I think Jackett would be a pretty good shout, hadn't thought of him. May be tricky to tempt him away from Wolves though.

Even though it's 2-1 v Andorra and we looked clueless at times, it's still harsh to sack CC on the back of a win
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:23 - Sep 9 with 2268 viewsDarran

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:16 - Sep 9 by jacksinceever

Could well be right - not that those clowns at the FAW would see it

He's the ultimate professional.my mate told me about the way he was as a player when he shared a dressing room with him for Wales.

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:25 - Sep 9 with 2255 viewsBanosswan

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 21:49 - Sep 9 by Darran

Why would you bring race into it? Seriously mun.

Is he?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:30 - Sep 9 with 2229 viewsJackSomething

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:12 - Sep 9 by Uxbridge

Exactly. Saying that, if there's even a semi-competent option I'd give him the gig.

Is it maybe time Wales change their policy when it comes to picking managers?

The thinking has usually been to give it to the Welsh manager with the best record in club football who will actually take the job. This has led to the likes of Gould and Coleman getting the gig.

When we've appointed a young manager with little experience (Hughes, Speed), it's gone better. So why not go the same way again? Interview some bright young things with fresh ideas and sell them on it being a stepping stone for their career by pointing at Hughes.

Not that the FAW would ever dream of attempting such a thing.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 22:31]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:33 - Sep 9 with 2212 viewsDarran

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:30 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

The thinking has usually been to give it to the Welsh manager with the best record in club football who will actually take the job. This has led to the likes of Gould and Coleman getting the gig.

When we've appointed a young manager with little experience (Hughes, Speed), it's gone better. So why not go the same way again? Interview some bright young things with fresh ideas and sell them on it being a stepping stone for their career by pointing at Hughes.

Kristian O'Leary it is then.

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:34 - Sep 9 with 2211 viewsSwanzay

Coleman is way out of his depth and an embarrassment, his monotone voice is enough to send me to sleep.
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:36 - Sep 9 with 2186 viewsJackSomething

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:33 - Sep 9 by Darran

Kristian O'Leary it is then.

Great minds think alike...

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:37 - Sep 9 with 1934 viewsUxbridge

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:30 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

I completely agree. The issue is the FAW not Coleman.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:38 - Sep 9 with 1931 viewsDarran

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:36 - Sep 9 by JackSomething

Great minds think alike...

Had experience managing Neath too.

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:45 - Sep 9 with 1900 viewsJackhero

Yes he should. Our squad is not as bad as this, he has no idea at all. Mr Coleman has his eye on other things too at the moment. A sensible man would see this, resign (as did Ian Holloway) and let a better man take over. Surely he can see this?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:58 - Sep 9 with 1861 viewslonglostjack

Yes he should. Would hate to see our best chance of qualifying for years scuppered by a completely incompetent manager. He should resign and focus all his energies on getting his wedding into Hello magazine.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 23:49 - Sep 9 with 1812 viewsjacktar

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 22:03 - Sep 9 by Jackfath

Step forward ...............

LEIGHTON JAMES

"Step forward" I hope he's got his lollipop handy if he does. Pretty dangerous otherwise.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 11:51 - Sep 10 with 1707 viewsDafyddHuw

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 21:51 - Sep 9 by WarwickHunt

Mayhill. Subtle difference.

Nah
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 12:16 - Sep 10 with 1686 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Might be able to get Ryan Giggs to finally turn up

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 12:26 - Sep 10 with 1674 viewsJack_Daniels

Coleman should never have been appointed in the first place but the FAW will stick with him until he completely fudges up qualification.

Kenny or Pulis would get Wales to the Euros but we wont get there under Cookie imo

It would be a crying shame because we have one of the greatest players in the planet in our team who deserves to play at a major finals.
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 14:45 - Sep 10 with 1617 viewsgreengloves

Jacket is English!
Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 14:48 - Sep 10 with 1607 viewsJackSomething

Should Chris Coleman be relieved of the Welsh managers job? on 14:45 - Sep 10 by greengloves

Jacket is English!

So is Ashley Williams. Your point?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024