Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I cant believe 18:20 - Sep 13 with 9229 viewsMasher

That we got nothing from the game today. I wont blame the ref for anything. Campbell Ryce was their best player by miles but with no end productof note but that goal he scored was such a crap cross it was untrue. The jammy jammy gits

Up The Dale!!

I cant believe on 18:47 - Sep 13 with 6326 viewspnc4eva1

The referee was absolutely terrible. He was inconsistent

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

I cant believe on 18:58 - Sep 13 with 6266 viewsRooleyblue

I cant believe on 18:47 - Sep 13 by pnc4eva1

Oh he was consistent! Consistently bias, what was the foul count?
I cant believe on 19:01 - Sep 13 with 6247 viewsD_Alien

Fine margins.

Hendo rattles the bar, their goal looked to take a wicked deflection off TK which looped over Logan who had any normal shot covered.

Very proud of the lads today, and they deserved the reception they got at the end of the game. Walking back through the city centre afterwards, overheard more than one Blade saying how solid we looked. We matched another team who'll be challenging at the top end of the table.

Best leave any comments on the ref to others.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I cant believe on 19:05 - Sep 13 with 6234 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I cant believe on 19:01 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

Fine margins.

Hendo rattles the bar, their goal looked to take a wicked deflection off TK which looped over Logan who had any normal shot covered.

Very proud of the lads today, and they deserved the reception they got at the end of the game. Walking back through the city centre afterwards, overheard more than one Blade saying how solid we looked. We matched another team who'll be challenging at the top end of the table.

Best leave any comments on the ref to others.

TVOS......11th Dale game he has reffed.......we have won f*ck all!
I cant believe on 19:25 - Sep 13 with 6139 views442Dale

Was it just me who thought the ref wasn't that bad? The main decision he got wrong was not allowing play to continue when Henderson had a glance after a foul on the edge of the box. What irked was that he'd always let play continue after previous fouls to see if there was a possible advantage, then blown for a foul if not. This time he chose not to, mystifying.

But apart from that, he got most things right. There were times people went down too easily, but there was also a reason for him so give a foul, so he did. The one with Dawson in gpfront of the away end being the best example of this.

Anyway, a very positive display and we caused them real problems with our movement although we didn't create enough clear cut chances from good situations. We look really solid at the back now, so few worries there. Be interesting to see what midfield is employed on Tuesday as although I can see why Dawson is used away, we missed the rapid passing and ball carrying abilities of Hery in conjunction with Allen - that's something we'd probably want when playing at home.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I cant believe on 19:27 - Sep 13 with 6116 views442Dale

View from Sheff U forum:

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/united-1-rochdale-0-report.36025/

I cant believe on 19:29 - Sep 13 with 6106 viewsTVOS1907

I cant believe on 19:05 - Sep 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

TVOS......11th Dale game he has reffed.......we have won f*ck all!

I'm sure it's just coincidence.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

I cant believe on 19:30 - Sep 13 with 6097 viewsChaffRAFC

I can't remember the last time I came away from a game so annoyed that we didn't get something from the game. We quite simply didn't ever deserve to lose that game.

First half, Sheffield United shaded and had a couple of decent chances but so did we. Campbell-Ryce and Baxter were outstanding for the home side but we dealt with everything that came our way. When we got going, we played really well.

Second half we came out and were absolutely outstanding for pretty much 48 minutes. Stephen Dawson was magnificent I thought, easily our best player ahead of Allen and Ashley Eastham, both of whom were excellent. I'm can't really find criticism for any Dale player but we were calling for Bennett to be replaced by Hery for a fair chunk of the second half but understood why Hill didn't want to change anything.

Henderson's effort that smashed the bar would have won every goal of the season competition going had it been an inch lower and the scandalously poor decision to blow for a free kick 30 yards out when Vincenti was practically one on one with Howard could also have cost us dear.

The officiating was horrendous. People who stand with me will tell you I show no bias towards officiating when I watch Dale and call everything as I see it but today, you could genuinely sense that the referee was giving us nothing and giving everything to the bigger club. The fact that their only booking was for the goal celebration says everything. Awful! No idea who the referee was but I don't want him officiating another Dale game.

Very annoyed to not have been rewarded with at least a point but very proud of the players who gave everything and deserved a lot better.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

I cant believe on 19:30 - Sep 13 with 6094 viewsSheffdale

A much better performance than the only other game I've seen (Chesterfield away) but the Blades probably shaded it. Great atmosphere at the Dale end in a grand old city centre stadium. Campbell Ryce, man of the match in my book, scored what looked like a worthy winner, but obviously took a deflection which I didn't see from my seat in the Jessica Ennis Stand. We looked to play with confidence and organisation. Eastham and O'Connell very good at the back and Tanser impressed me again. Raff up against Campbell Ryce and struggled. Not convinced by Rhys B in the holding role, although worth persevering with. Great we have so may versatile players. Jamie Allen covered so much ground and played well as did Dawson I thought who adds bite to midfield. Hendo's shot which crashed against the bar was the pick of our efforts. Enjoyable fare and bodes well for the rest of the season.
I cant believe on 20:00 - Sep 13 with 5957 viewsNafelad

Fed-up with referees like today's - always seeming to favour the 'bigger club', and reacting to big home support - their player goes down easily or dramatically and free kick awarded instantly. Few decisions in our favour, and even then they often don't give us any advantage!

Topcat

I cant believe on 20:01 - Sep 13 with 5956 viewsnordenblue

I cant believe on 19:27 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

View from Sheff U forum:

Apparently Josh was in goal for us according to that review
I cant believe on 20:19 - Sep 13 with 5852 viewsToffeemanc

I cant believe on 20:01 - Sep 13 by nordenblue

Apparently Josh was in goal for us according to that review

Having read that report it is a fairly biased piece of crap in truth.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

I cant believe on 20:27 - Sep 13 with 5798 viewsYouTubeDale

All our players did well today except perhaps Raff. But to be fair to him he had a massive job on his hands having to cope with Campbell Ryce so he's got an excuse. For others it is just nit-picking. Bennett kicked the ball out twice after being given it via throw-ins. Logan's kicks found their man (Hendo or Vincenti) in the main but there were quite a few wasted - room for improvement. And so on...

Hill made a timely substitution bringing Raff off. He was an accident waiting to happen. But for me, Hill made a mistake in putting our final two subs, Fenelon and Andrew, on the field too late. They should have been on the pitch 10 mins beforehand.

But like others, I came away full of optimism for the rest of the season and knowing we gave a really good account of ourselves today.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

I cant believe on 20:32 - Sep 13 with 5764 viewsnordenblue

I cant believe on 20:27 - Sep 13 by YouTubeDale

All our players did well today except perhaps Raff. But to be fair to him he had a massive job on his hands having to cope with Campbell Ryce so he's got an excuse. For others it is just nit-picking. Bennett kicked the ball out twice after being given it via throw-ins. Logan's kicks found their man (Hendo or Vincenti) in the main but there were quite a few wasted - room for improvement. And so on...

Hill made a timely substitution bringing Raff off. He was an accident waiting to happen. But for me, Hill made a mistake in putting our final two subs, Fenelon and Andrew, on the field too late. They should have been on the pitch 10 mins beforehand.

But like others, I came away full of optimism for the rest of the season and knowing we gave a really good account of ourselves today.

Glad you mentioned the substitutions, i said about 15 mins remaining we need to make a change and get something different up front against tired legs. I thought exactly the same before Bradford scored their 2 quick goals, think Hilly was planning on holding out for a draw today when a change earlier could well have won us the game.Not a moan as i thought we played excellent today and Done was superb with the ball and Dawson looked like the midfield general we have lacked for a while.Just think a little more bravery would have seen us snatch the 3 points today
I cant believe on 20:43 - Sep 13 with 5707 viewsanimal8

I heard a guy on radio Sheffield ,after the game and he said it could have gone 1-0 either way ,and he would have had no complaints. He slagged Sheffield for not spending any money on a forward. Me personally was very happy with our performance ,shame about the ref .
I cant believe on 21:05 - Sep 13 with 5607 viewsceme_ender

I cant believe on 18:47 - Sep 13 by pnc4eva1

Dale, pure class, lose, blame it on the ref.
I cant believe on 21:12 - Sep 13 with 5590 viewsSaxonDale

Think I may go into temporary retirement from Dale games as I'm starting to think my presence is having a negative impact on our results! 5 defeats, 1 draw and just the 1 win from my last 7 games is sackable form-especially when you consider we've only scored in one of the games! (Despite Henderson hitting the post on 4 separate occasions when the match has been 0-0)

Onto the game today and I can only repeat what has been said above in that it was a fantastic team performance.I thought we went toe to toe with them for 90 minutes and a draw would have been a fair on the balance of play.The last time I saw us play Sheff Utd was in our relegation season and there could have been 10 divisions between the two teams such was the gulf in class, today was a case of two league 1 teams competing in an even game and I wouldn't be surprised if we're playing this fixture again next season.

I thought the midfield three, inspired by Dawson, were brilliant. He seems to have a real presence on the pitch that we haven't seen since Jones and he's worth having in the team as he seems to get an extra 5% out of his teammates. Vincenti for me is at his best when in the opposition's third of the pitch, he hasn't really got the pace to hurt them on the break but won virtually every header aimed to him in their penalty box. The two centre backs were superb. I really like the look of Eastham, he's really stepped up and filled the void since Lancashire's injury and deserves his place in the side. He also seems to be a great professional- I remember seeing an interview with him last year where he said his Dale highlight was the Leeds home game- which he didn't even play in! Done and Henderson both put in great shifts- the amount of running both do to pressurise the opposition and to help our team when in possession is superb.

All in all a disappointing result but one that doesn't really ruin what was a brilliant Rochdale performance. Been said a hundred times by others but this season is all about stability, I think everyone on this forum would take 20th place come the end of the season and on the performances I've seen this year I think we should be able to achieve that. Listening to Hilly's interviews over the past few weeks it really does seem that as a club we are on the cusp of something very special in terms of bringing through players for next season. Hill named 6 players in his pre-match interview who are currently YTS players who he believes could be key first team players in the next season or so, with players like Nyal Bell being touted to potentially break into the squad by January. Whilst occasionally there will be disappointing days, the structure seems to be in place to suggest we'll be winning more games than losing in the long term.
I cant believe on 21:22 - Sep 13 with 5537 viewslove_the_dale

I cant believe on 19:27 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

View from Sheff U forum:

On the whole, a good report, but a few points -

1) "… even though they (us) did timewaste on occasions they also attacked when they could too."
I never noticed us waste time once. OTOH, their goalie DID waste time. Also they threw the ball away at a free-kick with nothing being done.

2) "Only gripe was some blatant foul throws (on the South Stand side) from Rochdale and some quite obvious timewasting at times."
When did you ever, in recent years, see a foul throw given for hands not behind the head, for raising a foot, or for trying to gain yards? I never even noticed us doing any of these things.

3) "The officials were very good today."
Mm! The lino wasn't very good when he raised his flag in the second half near their right touchline, after their player jumped in the air and landed full length when he had not been touched. This should have been a yellow and a free-kick for us.

4) "He (the ref) let play go when he could and tried to play advantage both ways and he just reffed it really sensibly."
Except when we had a glorious chance of scoring in the second half, and he pulled it back for a free-kick - it would have been a bad enough decision if he was going to caution their player, but he didn't even do that.
I cant believe on 22:00 - Sep 13 with 5364 viewsFrog

Didn't go today but proud of how the team matched SU and apart from a bit of misfortune would have got a point. Considering their weekly wage bill is probably bigger than our transfer budget is brilliant.
I cant believe on 22:06 - Sep 13 with 5334 viewsnordenblue

I cant believe on 21:05 - Sep 13 by ceme_ender

We lost due to a deflected cross, end of story.Win lose or draw today the ref was atrocious,his best bit of reffing was to blow up for a free kick when we had the clearest advantage ever had he let play continue another second or so,a couple of the free kicks he gave us have never been a foul in a million years either though
I cant believe on 22:09 - Sep 13 with 5313 viewsBartRowou

Sheffield's the new London. Couldn't even beat Rotherham there.

Interestingly, that's one of the very few Dale games in history watched by Dale fans from an upper tier. I made that up but it feels right.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

I cant believe on 22:13 - Sep 13 with 5296 viewszxcvbnm

I cant believe on 21:05 - Sep 13 by ceme_ender

I blame it on the boogie

Poll: Best loanee keeper

I cant believe on 22:30 - Sep 13 with 5231 viewsColDale

I cant believe on 22:09 - Sep 13 by BartRowou

Sheffield's the new London. Couldn't even beat Rotherham there.

Interestingly, that's one of the very few Dale games in history watched by Dale fans from an upper tier. I made that up but it feels right.

We suggested that's only ever happened in Sheffield. Probably wrong, but can't think of it happening elsewhere
I cant believe on 22:30 - Sep 13 with 5228 viewsFrog

I cant believe on 22:13 - Sep 13 by zxcvbnm

I blame it on the boogie

Don't blame it on the boogie
I cant believe on 22:33 - Sep 13 with 5220 views442Dale

I cant believe on 22:30 - Sep 13 by ColDale

We suggested that's only ever happened in Sheffield. Probably wrong, but can't think of it happening elsewhere

Wrexham too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024