Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham 22:18 - Oct 29 with 31776 viewsDomDale

According to their site sold 2,3k out of 3k allocation already which is bloody good going and will make for a good atmosphere.

What has made me laugh is this thread on their forum : http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46060-rochdale/page-9

I thought they didn't care about us? (I certainly have no ill feeling towards them) Their "ultras" section seemingly planning on making some anti-Dale banners

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham on 16:12 - Nov 4 with 3772 viewsaleanddale

Oldham on 15:57 - Nov 4 by nordenblue

Theres 2 exactly

How many McDonalds do you need?.

They only have one more stand than we have McDonalds they should be more embarrassed about that!!

How about we make a - we have 4 sides to our ground banner.

Or - our seats dont give your arse splinters!!

Even better lets not and just beat them on the pitch over the 90 minutes.

3 points banner?? Just in case??
Oldham on 16:44 - Nov 4 with 3668 viewsoa85

wow are Rochdale really calling us tinpot, bigger crowds than you, better history, more money..... and as for the 3 stand thing, you obviously haven't been to boundary park lately as the fourth stand is not too far off being finished....and btw, our 3 stands still hold more supporters than your whole ground....enjoy being outnumbered at your own place come 29th November.

lots of love from the tinpot club just over the hill.
Oldham on 16:57 - Nov 4 with 3629 viewsCamdenDale

Oldham on 16:44 - Nov 4 by oa85

wow are Rochdale really calling us tinpot, bigger crowds than you, better history, more money..... and as for the 3 stand thing, you obviously haven't been to boundary park lately as the fourth stand is not too far off being finished....and btw, our 3 stands still hold more supporters than your whole ground....enjoy being outnumbered at your own place come 29th November.

Give over and get on with your banners and your homework lad.
Oldham on 16:58 - Nov 4 with 3628 viewslurker

It'll be a little difficult fitting all that on a banner tbf
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 16:58]
Oldham on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 3555 viewsjudd

So, that's still 3 stands then?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Oldham on 18:57 - Nov 4 with 3426 viewsDomDale

I'll revert to what I've already said. I have no ill feeling towards Oldham. Seems like a lot of their fans , the younger one mainly, look on Dale with disdain. That's strange considering I can I count the time I've seen us play Oldham competitively on one hand in my lifetime (I'm 21). I don't buy this "we'll always be better than you" diatribe. Stockport fans used to spout something similar and they're now playing pub football. A lot can change in a few seasons. Perhaps oldham fans would do well to remember they've just avoided relegation to league two in many of the recent seasons.
Perhaps we'd do well to remember we were already relegated before a ball was kicked this season...
Looking forward to the game and a full-ish house. Not looking forward to the almost guaranteed dickhead element from both teams kicking off with each other.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham on 19:07 - Nov 4 with 3395 viewsnordenblue

OOh you're so awesome, Leeds and Preston came and thought exactly the same as you but to be fair to them both they're quite a bit bigger than you and got the same result
Oldham on 19:12 - Nov 4 with 3378 viewsrochdale1987

More money than us? More debt you mean, I see the work on your new stand has halted / been delayed.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham on 20:39 - Nov 4 with 3270 viewsTVOS1907

Current average home attendances:

Rochdale 3776
Oldham 4078

Well done on having a home average a massive 302 higher than such a tinpot club as ourselves. Does it mean you get more points for a win?

And please tell me 85 isn't your year of birth.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham on 20:44 - Nov 4 with 3263 viewstazzydjr

This exact response shows exactly what their thinking, I have a gut feeling some of these nutters from the wrong side of Royton are gonna repeat what they did at Stockport County

"here's hoping that they put the tickets on sale so early to get an indication of how many we'll bring so they can give us the other two stands and shove their measley number into one stand"

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Oldham on 20:51 - Nov 4 with 3235 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 20:39 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

Rochdale 3776
Oldham 4078

Well done on having a home average a massive 302 higher than such a tinpot club as ourselves. Does it mean you get more points for a win?

It wont be his IQ
Oldham on 21:47 - Nov 4 with 3163 viewsSympatheticTic

Another tinpot Oldham fan here...

In fairness, most Oldham fans aren't arsed about Dale in the slightest. It's a derby in the sense our grounds are five miles apart and it's away day that isn't a chore.

I almost admire the mocking undertones throughout this thread and I'm sure the irony can't be lost on you lot referring to us a 'tinpot'...

Your gates are lower than ours on the back of a promotion and your probably in the highest position you've been in for 30 years. We're a third of the way through our 18th or 19th season in this division so it's hardly surprising people aren't flocking down to BP at the moment. The fact that we can muster 4,000 for an away just emphasises the potential we've got in comparison.

As for the game, long way off and results between now and then (for both sides) might completely change the complexion. We're just getting into gear though and I do think we'll be above you come the 29th and I reckon we'll get a result.

See you all then (or maybe not)
Oldham on 22:11 - Nov 4 with 3095 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 21:47 - Nov 4 by SympatheticTic

In fairness, most Oldham fans aren't arsed about Dale in the slightest. It's a derby in the sense our grounds are five miles apart and it's away day that isn't a chore.

I almost admire the mocking undertones throughout this thread and I'm sure the irony can't be lost on you lot referring to us a 'tinpot'...

Your gates are lower than ours on the back of a promotion and your probably in the highest position you've been in for 30 years. We're a third of the way through our 18th or 19th season in this division so it's hardly surprising people aren't flocking down to BP at the moment. The fact that we can muster 4,000 for an away just emphasises the potential we've got in comparison.

As for the game, long way off and results between now and then (for both sides) might completely change the complexion. We're just getting into gear though and I do think we'll be above you come the 29th and I reckon we'll get a result.

Tbf, most of the mocking was about the tinpottery of that thread on your board about the banners.

Our gates are lower than yours because we are a smaller club and have played in the bottom two divisions for our entire history. It's not really a revelation.

Where are these 4,000 you claim are coming to Spotland when you're playing at home?

It makes no sense for so many to come to a derby that has very little recent history, especially since, in your words, 'most Oldham fans aren't arsed about Dale in the slightest.'

You may well be above us on the 29th and you may well get a result, but you've just lost at Bristol City; how is that 'getting into gear'?

Oldham on 22:41 - Nov 4 with 3034 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 21:47 - Nov 4 by SympatheticTic

You claim "most" Oldham fans aren't arsed yet you proceed to tell us more than your average home gate will make the journey? So more will watch you at Rochdale than for a home game, that makes perfect sense yes.
Oldham on 22:57 - Nov 4 with 3015 viewsSympatheticTic

You happen to be 5 miles down the road.
Oldham on 23:01 - Nov 4 with 3001 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 22:57 - Nov 4 by SympatheticTic

It's up a road if you come through Royton.

Oldham on 23:02 - Nov 4 with 3002 views442Dale

6.2 miles.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham on 23:10 - Nov 4 with 2982 viewsSandyman

And consequently more than your average home attendance will be at the game ???? Would they really prefer to travel 5 miles extra than be at a home game? Is this Oldham's equivalent of a Wembley final where the never-goes turn out for the day ?

Actually , that is pretty lame because Bradford City brought 120,000 fans a few seasons back and Rotherham regularly bring 175,000,000.

And according to Preston you won't win because our shirts are the same colour as our seats.

5 miles ? pah. We can easily get more extreme fans than Oldham any time. As you were.
Oldham on 23:36 - Nov 4 with 2928 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 23:10 - Nov 4 by Sandyman

And consequently more than your average home attendance will be at the game ???? Would they really prefer to travel 5 miles extra than be at a home game? Is this Oldham's equivalent of a Wembley final where the never-goes turn out for the day ?

Actually , that is pretty lame because Bradford City brought 120,000 fans a few seasons back and Rotherham regularly bring 175,000,000.

And according to Preston you won't win because our shirts are the same colour as our seats.

5 miles ? pah. We can easily get more extreme fans than Oldham any time. As you were.

No, you're right, it's our cup final and we're all really excited about our big day out at the mighty Dale.

A lot of people will turn up who don't go regularly. As I mentioned previously, our crowds have got progressively worse over the last few years. After 20 seasons in the same division and playing in a 3 sided stadium for the last few years, hardly surprising is it.

Do you genuinely believe we're likely to bring a good following due our hatred of Rochdale or do you just think it's an opportunity for a day out on the beer and a bit of piss taking? (admittedly by a fair few who can't stomach BP at the moment )
Oldham on 23:37 - Nov 4 with 2923 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 23:02 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

6.2 miles.

Don't I feel like a knob
Oldham on 01:08 - Nov 5 with 2854 viewsShawLatic

Oldham on 23:10 - Nov 4 by Sandyman

Strangely yes. I much prefer away games to home games. Number of reasons for this. I used to attend every home game. The first and biggest reason for me was the demolition of the stand that I had sat in for twenty odd years. Boundary Park was a depressing place to go with 3 sides. Now even with the stand only half finished there's a much better feel about the place. Added to this the increase in cost- 22 quid to get in these days. Finally the football served up for a number of seasons has been dire and awful to watch far too many games we have failed to test and attack the opposition instead limping to poor 0-1 defeats more often than not.

Thankfully things are changing this season our form, syle of play and number of goals especially at home have improved dramatically. With crowds slightly up. When the new stands finished I expect the crowds to improve some more.

Onto the game, tough for us as it stands a point would be a top result. Even Bristol City were pleased to escape with a point.

Sadly with the tickets being sold out can see a few of us in the home ends. Hopefully it'll pass without too much incident off the pitch.
Oldham on 06:22 - Nov 5 with 2801 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 01:08 - Nov 5 by ShawLatic

Strangely yes. I much prefer away games to home games. Number of reasons for this. I used to attend every home game. The first and biggest reason for me was the demolition of the stand that I had sat in for twenty odd years. Boundary Park was a depressing place to go with 3 sides. Now even with the stand only half finished there's a much better feel about the place. Added to this the increase in cost- 22 quid to get in these days. Finally the football served up for a number of seasons has been dire and awful to watch far too many games we have failed to test and attack the opposition instead limping to poor 0-1 defeats more often than not.

Thankfully things are changing this season our form, syle of play and number of goals especially at home have improved dramatically. With crowds slightly up. When the new stands finished I expect the crowds to improve some more.

Onto the game, tough for us as it stands a point would be a top result. Even Bristol City were pleased to escape with a point.

Sadly with the tickets being sold out can see a few of us in the home ends. Hopefully it'll pass without too much incident off the pitch.

Bristol City "escaped" with all 3 points though?
Oldham on 07:43 - Nov 5 with 2766 viewsaleanddale

Oldham on 06:22 - Nov 5 by nordenblue

Bristol City "escaped" with all 3 points though?

Shaw Latic was reffering to Bristol escaping Spotland with a point.

We would have beaten Brizzle too if not for the last minute Frankie Fingers wonder save.

Owdum are getting into gear ( Just lost 0-1 )

Dale have just won 3 on the bounce ( 2 away ) and scored 9.

How far under the radar can you be when you sit 4th?

Long may being underestimated and dismissed as easy opposition continue and long may 3000+ away fans keep coming to Spotland and shaking there heads in disbelief at not spanking us by 5 collecting 0 points instead of the easy 3 they should have had.

Looking forward to this one... just not the dick head element sure to be on show from both sides.
Oldham on 09:32 - Nov 5 with 2695 viewsoa85

Oldham on 20:39 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

Rochdale 3776
Oldham 4078

you have played Bradford, Preston, Bristol City and Barnsley at home, all of who will have brought decent followings. That will certainly have driven up your average, the only team we have played who brought anything over 1000 was Bradford(and they only mustered 1500).

Review the average at the end of the season and then see if there is a 300 difference...

Its also laughable that in this thread you call us tinpot, yet in a thread 3 or 4 below this you refer to this current Rochdale side as your best ever. Ill settle for being tinpot with league cup finals, fa cup semi-finals and being premier league founder members.
Oldham on 09:38 - Nov 5 with 2683 viewsjudd

Oldham on 09:32 - Nov 5 by oa85

you have played Bradford, Preston, Bristol City and Barnsley at home, all of who will have brought decent followings. That will certainly have driven up your average, the only team we have played who brought anything over 1000 was Bradford(and they only mustered 1500).

Review the average at the end of the season and then see if there is a 300 difference...

Its also laughable that in this thread you call us tinpot, yet in a thread 3 or 4 below this you refer to this current Rochdale side as your best ever. Ill settle for being tinpot with league cup finals, fa cup semi-finals and being premier league founder members.

We've been in a league cup final. Any chance I can lick your arse?

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024