Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham 22:18 - Oct 29 with 31779 viewsDomDale

According to their site sold 2,3k out of 3k allocation already which is bloody good going and will make for a good atmosphere.

What has made me laugh is this thread on their forum : http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46060-rochdale/page-9

I thought they didn't care about us? (I certainly have no ill feeling towards them) Their "ultras" section seemingly planning on making some anti-Dale banners

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham on 10:06 - Nov 5 with 3758 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 09:32 - Nov 5 by oa85

you have played Bradford, Preston, Bristol City and Barnsley at home, all of who will have brought decent followings. That will certainly have driven up your average, the only team we have played who brought anything over 1000 was Bradford(and they only mustered 1500).

Review the average at the end of the season and then see if there is a 300 difference...

Its also laughable that in this thread you call us tinpot, yet in a thread 3 or 4 below this you refer to this current Rochdale side as your best ever. Ill settle for being tinpot with league cup finals, fa cup semi-finals and being premier league founder members.

Im sure the ref will give you a goal start due to your history and superiority,its all relevant in November 2014
Oldham on 10:18 - Nov 5 with 3723 viewsaleanddale

you have played Bradford, Preston, Bristol City and Barnsley at home, all of who will have brought decent followings. That will certainly have driven up your average, the only team we have played who brought anything over 1000 was Bradford(and they only mustered 1500).

Review the average at the end of the season and then see if there is a 300 difference...

Its also laughable that in this thread you call us tinpot, yet in a thread 3 or 4 below this you refer to this current Rochdale side as your best ever. Ill settle for being tinpot with league cup finals, fa cup semi-finals and being premier league founder members.

OA85

Oldhams Messageboard thread on banners is Tin Pot

your contribution to date is Tin Pot.

This is like another bURY Pail!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have no illusion we are delighted with our lofty heady heights and know full well we are punching well above our weight and natural pecking order.

You however!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldham on 10:26 - Nov 5 with 3697 viewsoa85

at no point have I stated we will beat you... im just making the point that you calling us tinpot is very much a case of the pot and the kettle...

as it goes the banner idea is ridiculous, and just a load of kids getting excited.

Does this game mean more to us than you? probably, yes. But we haven't had a proper derby game we can call our own for a long time, Huddersfield are now an established Championship club so the rivalry we had with them has gone, the tranmere rivalry went stale when Ronnie and Ian left.

There is potential for Rochdale and Oldham to become a derby, if you stick in league one for a few years of course, however I can understand you have nothing against us atm seeming as we rarely play each other because your are a league below us most of the time.
Oldham on 10:38 - Nov 5 with 3652 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 10:26 - Nov 5 by oa85

at no point have I stated we will beat you... im just making the point that you calling us tinpot is very much a case of the pot and the kettle...

as it goes the banner idea is ridiculous, and just a load of kids getting excited.

Does this game mean more to us than you? probably, yes. But we haven't had a proper derby game we can call our own for a long time, Huddersfield are now an established Championship club so the rivalry we had with them has gone, the tranmere rivalry went stale when Ronnie and Ian left.

There is potential for Rochdale and Oldham to become a derby, if you stick in league one for a few years of course, however I can understand you have nothing against us atm seeming as we rarely play each other because your are a league below us most of the time.

It means more as it's away. Out home support won't increase on the back of us playing Dale in the return fixture.
Oldham on 10:50 - Nov 5 with 3613 viewsBrighouseDale

This looks familiar- http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/manchester-united-trying-to-

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Oldham on 10:58 - Nov 5 with 3577 viewsSympatheticTic

It means more as it's away. Out home support won't increase on the back of us playing Dale in the return fixture.
Oldham on 12:44 - Nov 5 with 3443 viewsTVOS1907

You're not getting it, are you?

The tinpot comment was solely aimed at those making the banners, nothing else. Even some of your own fans agree with us on that.

As for the crowds, the difference in average attendances may well finish more than 300; it should do as you are a bigger club than us with more fans. Nobody has disputed that, so what's all the cock waving about regarding attendances?

I know you've been to the League Cup Final (so have we, tbf) and FA Cup semi-finals. I was there at Wembley v Forest in 1990 and I was there at Maine Road when Mark Robins knocked you out of the FA Cup.

When Latics where at their peak in the late-1980s/early-1990s, under Joe Royle I saw a lot of your games. I had a girlfriend who was an Oldham fan and went to a few games when Dale weren't playing.

Why? Because I love watching football, but because it was cheap to get in and the games were often well worth the admission money to a neutral.

Back then you used to get five figure crowds on a regular basis. Where have they all gone? Instead of coming on here trying to win an argument you've already won, perhaps you should be asking where the extra 8-9000 who used to watch you back then have gone.

And please don't use the three-sided ground/in League One for years argument because it doesn't wash.

Oxford United, for example, have a three-sided ground, have been in non-league football and are struggling in League 2, but still attract crowds bigger than both of us.

At this moment in time, like it or not, we are virtual equals on the playing field. That's what will win points on 29th November and 3rd January, not how many banners you've got, not how many McDonald's you've got, not how many stands you've got and not how many FA Cup semi-finals you've played in.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham on 12:52 - Nov 5 with 3430 viewsjudd

Oldham on 12:44 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

The tinpot comment was solely aimed at those making the banners, nothing else. Even some of your own fans agree with us on that.

As for the crowds, the difference in average attendances may well finish more than 300; it should do as you are a bigger club than us with more fans. Nobody has disputed that, so what's all the cock waving about regarding attendances?

I know you've been to the League Cup Final (so have we, tbf) and FA Cup semi-finals. I was there at Wembley v Forest in 1990 and I was there at Maine Road when Mark Robins knocked you out of the FA Cup.

When Latics where at their peak in the late-1980s/early-1990s, under Joe Royle I saw a lot of your games. I had a girlfriend who was an Oldham fan and went to a few games when Dale weren't playing.

Why? Because I love watching football, but because it was cheap to get in and the games were often well worth the admission money to a neutral.

Back then you used to get five figure crowds on a regular basis. Where have they all gone? Instead of coming on here trying to win an argument you've already won, perhaps you should be asking where the extra 8-9000 who used to watch you back then have gone.

And please don't use the three-sided ground/in League One for years argument because it doesn't wash.

Oxford United, for example, have a three-sided ground, have been in non-league football and are struggling in League 2, but still attract crowds bigger than both of us.

At this moment in time, like it or not, we are virtual equals on the playing field. That's what will win points on 29th November and 3rd January, not how many banners you've got, not how many McDonald's you've got, not how many stands you've got and not how many FA Cup semi-finals you've played in.

Or Premier Leagues you've founded.

Arf!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham on 12:53 - Nov 5 with 3427 viewsDevonDale

Rant over!!!

I love the last paragraph in summary.
Oldham on 12:59 - Nov 5 with 3410 viewsSympatheticTic

Oxford have been down then up, massive difference. We've been in the same division for 20 years. If you don't think the monotony of playing the same teams year in and year out affects the number of people willing to part with 20 odd quid (without either a promotion or relegation to change things a bit) I reckon you're missing the point.

If and buts, but I've no doubt our crowds would've been higher had we at any point been a League 2 club challenging at the right end of the table.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 13:50]
Oldham on 13:01 - Nov 5 with 3402 viewsjudd

Oldham on 12:59 - Nov 5 by SympatheticTic

Oxford have been down then up, massive difference. We've been in the same division for 20 years. If you don't think the monotony of playing the same teams year in and year out affects the number of people willing to part with 20 odd quid (without either a promotion or relegation to change things a bit) I reckon you're missing the point.

If and buts, but I've no doubt our crowds would've been higher had we at any point been a League 2 club challenging at the right end of the table.

Try 40 years in the same division.

Oldham on 13:04 - Nov 5 with 3390 views100notout

Is League One now known as "The Oldham Division"?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Oldham on 13:07 - Nov 5 with 3379 viewsjudd

Oldham on 13:04 - Nov 5 by 100notout

Is League One now known as "The Oldham Division"?

No, because there's more than 3 sides in it.

Oldham on 14:20 - Nov 5 with 3273 viewsTVOS1907

No, I think you're missing the point.

Oldham on 14:23 - Nov 5 with 3272 viewsaleanddale

Quite brilliantly put TVOS!! he he.
Oldham on 15:40 - Nov 5 with 3200 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 14:20 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

No, I think you're missing the point.

OK. You win. Nowt more tinpot than having a second team anyway (which it appears you had in the early 90's).
Oldham on 16:00 - Nov 5 with 3154 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 15:40 - Nov 5 by SympatheticTic

OK. You win. Nowt more tinpot than having a second team anyway (which it appears you had in the early 90's).

Arf. Is that your best effort?

Read it again.

I, along with many football fans in the 80s and 90s, used to watch plenty of football around the country as a neutral because it was affordable and a chance to tick-off new grounds.

Now it's gone beyond that with sky high ticket prices, ridiculous pre-paid ticket systems and three-sided grounds that clearly put people off!

Oldham on 16:29 - Nov 5 with 3098 viewsBigKindo

You are, of course, assuming that you will remain in Divn. One. neither being relegated nor promoted?
Oldham on 07:04 - Nov 6 with 2832 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 16:00 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Arf. Is that your best effort?

Read it again.

I, along with many football fans in the 80s and 90s, used to watch plenty of football around the country as a neutral because it was affordable and a chance to tick-off new grounds.

Now it's gone beyond that with sky high ticket prices, ridiculous pre-paid ticket systems and three-sided grounds that clearly put people off!

Nipping over to watch Oldham at BP is one thing, travelling down to London for finals is another (dare I say it, glory hunting). Tinpot
Oldham on 07:21 - Nov 6 with 2815 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 07:04 - Nov 6 by SympatheticTic

Nipping over to watch Oldham at BP is one thing, travelling down to London for finals is another (dare I say it, glory hunting). Tinpot

I know, I even thought of making a banner about it.

Oldham on 09:35 - Nov 6 with 2731 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 07:21 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

I know, I even thought of making a banner about it.

Make it really big. Plenty of seats in Spotland to rest it on
Oldham on 10:08 - Nov 6 with 2695 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 09:35 - Nov 6 by SympatheticTic

There's no banner material left in the area. It's all been bought by Oldham fans.

Anyway, like I said, cock-waving about attendances.

At the last count, you were about the sixth worst supported team in League 1. It's obviously upsetting you to only have tiny clubs like Dale, Crawley, Fleetwood, Colchester and Scunthorpe below you in that particular table.

The winners on 29th November will still only get three points, though, unless you know of a new rule.

Oldham on 21:01 - Nov 6 with 2426 viewsmightydale

I forgot Oldham ground is full every home game, Anyway thought city and united were your rivals and not little old Rochdale. How the Mighty have fallen

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Oldham on 21:57 - Nov 6 with 2348 viewsnordenblue

Maybe if we made it really big we could lay it down one of the sides of your ground perhaps?
Oldham on 06:41 - Nov 7 with 2212 viewsDomDale

Rochdale's current home average of 3776 leaves 6473 empty spaces (remember we're not in a fancy new all seater stadium like BP)

Oldham's 4078 leaves 6560 empty seats (Although you only have three completed stands, they are all seater).

As BP has in the region of 1500-2000 more seats installed than Spotland I would say Oldhams empty seat epidemic is worse than Dale's. You're also about to install a new 2000 seat stand. Based on current crowds you could be looking at 8000 empty seats to our 4,500.

You might want to make some more banners for home.

Thanks.

It's alright this billy big bollox crowd counting stuff. I see why Bratfud do it ;).

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024