Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham 22:18 - Oct 29 with 31775 viewsDomDale

According to their site sold 2,3k out of 3k allocation already which is bloody good going and will make for a good atmosphere.

What has made me laugh is this thread on their forum : http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46060-rochdale/page-9

I thought they didn't care about us? (I certainly have no ill feeling towards them) Their "ultras" section seemingly planning on making some anti-Dale banners

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham on 07:52 - Nov 7 with 3590 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Oldham on 12:44 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

You're not getting it, are you?

The tinpot comment was solely aimed at those making the banners, nothing else. Even some of your own fans agree with us on that.

As for the crowds, the difference in average attendances may well finish more than 300; it should do as you are a bigger club than us with more fans. Nobody has disputed that, so what's all the cock waving about regarding attendances?

I know you've been to the League Cup Final (so have we, tbf) and FA Cup semi-finals. I was there at Wembley v Forest in 1990 and I was there at Maine Road when Mark Robins knocked you out of the FA Cup.

When Latics where at their peak in the late-1980s/early-1990s, under Joe Royle I saw a lot of your games. I had a girlfriend who was an Oldham fan and went to a few games when Dale weren't playing.

Why? Because I love watching football, but because it was cheap to get in and the games were often well worth the admission money to a neutral.

Back then you used to get five figure crowds on a regular basis. Where have they all gone? Instead of coming on here trying to win an argument you've already won, perhaps you should be asking where the extra 8-9000 who used to watch you back then have gone.

And please don't use the three-sided ground/in League One for years argument because it doesn't wash.

Oxford United, for example, have a three-sided ground, have been in non-league football and are struggling in League 2, but still attract crowds bigger than both of us.

At this moment in time, like it or not, we are virtual equals on the playing field. That's what will win points on 29th November and 3rd January, not how many banners you've got, not how many McDonald's you've got, not how many stands you've got and not how many FA Cup semi-finals you've played in.

BIFF(tv)OS?!
Oldham on 11:21 - Nov 7 with 3455 viewsdownunder

Oldham on 21:57 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

Maybe if we made it really big we could lay it down one of the sides of your ground perhaps?

Put it on poles, stand it up and use it as a windbreak. Far more useful.

A question for the Oldham fans.
Have OAFC paid up their outstanding bills from their time in "founding the Premier League?
Just asking.
Oldham on 11:47 - Nov 7 with 3428 viewsoa85

Oldham on 21:57 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

Maybe if we made it really big we could lay it down one of the sides of your ground perhaps?

presuming you still haven't see our nearly finished stand then.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 11:49]
Oldham on 11:53 - Nov 7 with 3409 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 11:47 - Nov 7 by oa85

So the banner would still adequately fit down one side of your ground then being that its still not finished?
Oldham on 11:57 - Nov 7 with 3396 viewsFred_Talbot

Oldham on 11:47 - Nov 7 by oa85

Taking a long time to build it. Hope you haven't run out of money...

Where's Fred?

Oldham on 12:39 - Nov 7 with 3347 viewsoa85

Oldham on 11:57 - Nov 7 by Fred_Talbot

Taking a long time to build it. Hope you haven't run out of money...

change in contractors due to problems with cladding and windows has caused the delay, don't think weve run out of money, otherwise we wouldn't be signing players for undisclosed fees in September or be in talks with potential new signings.
Oldham on 12:42 - Nov 7 with 3336 viewsmightydale

Oldham on 12:39 - Nov 7 by oa85

change in contractors due to problems with cladding and windows has caused the delay, don't think weve run out of money, otherwise we wouldn't be signing players for undisclosed fees in September or be in talks with potential new signings.

September ????

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Oldham on 12:50 - Nov 7 with 3317 viewsdingdangblue

Did you use these?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham on 12:58 - Nov 7 with 3308 viewsboffley

If that's what you believe then fine. Some quite spectacular administrations have occurred
in the past as a result of exactly that sort of behaviour.
Oldham on 13:02 - Nov 7 with 3298 viewsoa85

Oldham on 12:58 - Nov 7 by boffley

If that's what you believe then fine. Some quite spectacular administrations have occurred
in the past as a result of exactly that sort of behaviour.

You're worse than the majority of our fans with your conspiracy theories, the stand will be finished come this time next year, don't worry about that.
Oldham on 13:08 - Nov 7 with 3282 viewsboffley

Oldham on 13:02 - Nov 7 by oa85

You're worse than the majority of our fans with your conspiracy theories, the stand will be finished come this time next year, don't worry about that.

Why would I be worried about Oldham? So are you saying that the majority of your fans are putting forwards conspiracy theories about OAFC
Oldham on 13:38 - Nov 7 with 3239 viewsTVOS1907

Why were you signing players outside the transfer window?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham on 14:23 - Nov 7 with 3180 viewsoa85

Oldham on 13:38 - Nov 7 by TVOS1907

we signed Dominic Poleon for an undisclosed fee on 1st September, the day the transfer window closed, that's why smartarse.
Oldham on 14:24 - Nov 7 with 3178 viewsoa85

Oldham on 13:08 - Nov 7 by boffley

Why would I be worried about Oldham? So are you saying that the majority of your fans are putting forwards conspiracy theories about OAFC

every time someone drives past the ground and doesn't see a builder or a crane we are 'in the shit, must be skint, builders done a runner with our money'....Delays happen, trust me, ive worked in the building game.
Oldham on 15:14 - Nov 7 with 3131 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 14:23 - Nov 7 by oa85

we signed Dominic Poleon for an undisclosed fee on 1st September, the day the transfer window closed, that's why smartarse.

You said players.

Plural.

Oldham on 15:31 - Nov 7 with 3119 viewsSympatheticTic

Oldham on 13:38 - Nov 7 by TVOS1907

Do what we want, innit...
Oldham on 15:49 - Nov 7 with 3094 viewsoa85

Oldham on 15:14 - Nov 7 by TVOS1907

You said players.

Plural.

Michael Tidser signed aswell.
Oldham on 15:59 - Nov 7 with 3080 viewsnordenblue

Oldham on 13:02 - Nov 7 by oa85

Fook me they build cities faster than its took you jokers to throw that up
Oldham on 16:16 - Nov 7 with 3055 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 15:49 - Nov 7 by oa85

Michael Tidser signed aswell.

Did you forget him first time?

Oldham on 16:26 - Nov 7 with 3036 viewsoa85

Oldham on 16:16 - Nov 7 by TVOS1907

Did you forget him first time?

still a bit pissed off about being wrong?
Oldham on 17:12 - Nov 7 with 2997 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham on 16:26 - Nov 7 by oa85

still a bit pissed off about being wrong?

Is that another player?

Oldham on 20:44 - Nov 7 with 2872 viewsdownunder

No reply to my first question, so I will ask another. Will OAFC pay for work done at Boundary Park circa 2014/2015?
When the club was "founding the Premier League", the company I was with did not get fully paid.
My feeling is that there is no money in the kitty to pay for the work, and history is repeating itself. If you work in the building industry, you would know that bad debts also occur often.
Oldham on 23:02 - Nov 7 with 2765 viewsSJE_Dale

General rule of thumb, just because you're spending money doesn't mean that you're financially sound. Granted it doesn't mean you're skint either but there are countless times that clubs spend money that fans think they have only to turn out there's fook all in the coffers in order to try and push for a promotion

Notts County being the first one that comes to mind although that is an obvious extreme

Oldham's finances are probably similar to ours to be honest yet we're not tearing down the Sandy to build some fancy new stand
Oldham on 23:20 - Nov 7 with 2752 viewsSandyman

I'm still bemused that such a massive club is making such a fuss about playing a bag of shite like our team. When we aren't really that bothered.

It's bury all over again, without all the nonsensical "famous" delusions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024