Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Floodlights 10:59 - Nov 20 with 2775 viewsLondondale

Just watched the highlights from Tuesday night. Is it me, or does the pitch actually look darker as a result of the new floodlights!? What do people who made it on Tuesday night think?
Floodlights on 11:02 - Nov 20 with 2756 viewsBrierls

I thought it looked darker too. I'm sure everything has been tested and the relevant meters used before they were signed off.
Floodlights on 11:04 - Nov 20 with 2741 viewsDaley_Lama

I mentioned this on a thread last night, Floodies.

I was told that 3 of the floodlights have been done to date on Tues, but cannot confirm or deny whether that is true or not.

The pitch was generally not as bright as previous and there was definitely a couple of the corners which were notably darker, in particular the Mainstand/Sandy horseshoe which stood out from the TDS.

It will be a bit of trial and error I guess where each individual lamp points and if a 4th Floodlight is still to be done, it will be work in progress.

Poll: DF in or out

Floodlights on 12:10 - Nov 20 with 2622 viewsaleanddale

Can we use a Manure type excuse then for our performace first half!!

to be honest i couldnt tell any difference but plenty on here could it seems.

working progress the lights will be sparkling ( I hope ) come 5pm Sat!!
Floodlights on 12:17 - Nov 20 with 2600 viewsdingdangblue

Floodlights on 11:04 - Nov 20 by Daley_Lama

I mentioned this on a thread last night, Floodies.

I was told that 3 of the floodlights have been done to date on Tues, but cannot confirm or deny whether that is true or not.

The pitch was generally not as bright as previous and there was definitely a couple of the corners which were notably darker, in particular the Mainstand/Sandy horseshoe which stood out from the TDS.

It will be a bit of trial and error I guess where each individual lamp points and if a 4th Floodlight is still to be done, it will be work in progress.

The only problem is the end that they have definitely upgraded (Sandy Lane) is the end where the 2 big circular shadows are in the corners?????

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Floodlights on 12:27 - Nov 20 with 2552 views442Dale

Hasn't each pylon been done now? They all appeared to have bulbs in a new 4-4-2 formation.

Presumably if the changes were made to meet the requirements of the FL/FA the overall brightness should improve? I actually thought it was a bit better the other night when totally dark as opposed to the semi-darkness of the Preston game when the shadows on the pitch* were more noticeable.

*cue inevitable lines about going all Bury and getting bands to Spotland.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Floodlights on 12:32 - Nov 20 with 2531 viewsD_Alien

Floodlights on 12:27 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

Hasn't each pylon been done now? They all appeared to have bulbs in a new 4-4-2 formation.

Presumably if the changes were made to meet the requirements of the FL/FA the overall brightness should improve? I actually thought it was a bit better the other night when totally dark as opposed to the semi-darkness of the Preston game when the shadows on the pitch* were more noticeable.

*cue inevitable lines about going all Bury and getting bands to Spotland.

They'd be Hankering after the old ones (not the young ones)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Floodlights on 12:37 - Nov 20 with 2513 viewsNerazzurri

All 4 have been done now. I actually thought it was brighter in the main but with more noticeable shadows in the corners towards the Sandy Lane End. Could probably have done with putting a couple of the bulbs on the underside of the Willbutts roof to sort that out.

Forza Nerazzurri

Floodlights on 16:36 - Nov 20 with 2284 viewsseasidedale

I thought the Willbutts lane/TDS corner was in shadow and looking at the Sandy lane/main stand was noticable shadow didnt seem to notice it early seemed to appear the latter end of the match
Login to get fewer ads

Floodlights on 18:10 - Nov 20 with 2162 views_dezzy

I noticed the main stand/ sandy shadow early on, plus most the way down willbuts getting worse as it got nearer the sandy, But thought in the goal mouth pearl street end it actually looked brighter. B.it of fine tuning needed I think

KHBA

Floodlights on 18:41 - Nov 20 with 2097 viewsArthurDaley

What we need is the old lights on the telegraph poles back. And the 40 watt bulb swaying over the goal posts.

A large VAT Dave

Floodlights on 19:01 - Nov 20 with 2053 viewsstuartcryer

Floodlights on 18:41 - Nov 20 by ArthurDaley

What we need is the old lights on the telegraph poles back. And the 40 watt bulb swaying over the goal posts.

Port vale floodlights were shocking much worst than ours

wardle blue

Floodlights on 21:12 - Nov 20 with 1911 viewsTVOS1907

Floodlights on 19:01 - Nov 20 by stuartcryer

Port vale floodlights were shocking much worst than ours

You're not wrong Stuart. It was nigh on impossible to see what was happening at the far end half the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024