Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:38 - Dec 16 with 9580 viewsrafc1984

Dale XI v Aldershot: Logan, Rafferty, Eastham, Lancashire, Rose, Bennett, Lund, Dawson, Vincenti, Done, Hendo

Subs: Lillis, Andrew, Noble-Lazarus, Hery, Cywka, Cannon, Camps
[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 19:40]
Match thread on 21:47 - Dec 16 with 2992 viewsDiddyDave

They had the Chester-Barnsley game on ESPN here in Oz, three-nowt to Whitey`s mob and as the score suggests, a fairly comfortable victory. Best of luck to the Dale against Forset, if we can beat Leeds like that, I`m sure Hilly will have a few rabbits up his sleeve for this one too!
Match thread on 21:51 - Dec 16 with 2927 viewsRodingdale

Noffingham Forset?
Match thread on 21:57 - Dec 16 with 2863 viewsAussieDale

Apologies sheffdale. Meant to reply but messed it up. Enjoy your holiday. Hope the weather turns out ok.
Match thread on 22:26 - Dec 16 with 2662 viewsD_Dale

Match thread on 21:36 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

FT

Wish I'd gone now, but it'd have been a rush.

2077 (according to the beeb) - not bad really

Well, 19 more than Notts Cheaty in their cup match (semi-final, northern section) tonight.

Hope the 1-0 defeat by Preston saps confidence for Saturday - do you reckon it might, itschalky, be your lot's first league loss away?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 23:35]
Match thread on 23:11 - Dec 16 with 2540 viewsDiddyDave

Match thread on 21:51 - Dec 16 by Rodingdale

Noffingham Forset?

Yeah, that`s them!!
Match thread on 01:56 - Dec 17 with 2389 viewslyberoc

Match thread on 23:11 - Dec 16 by DiddyDave

Yeah, that`s them!!

What was with that fiasco with the turnstiles? Barely 2000 in the ground yet we had to queue for ages to get in
Match thread on 06:02 - Dec 17 with 2338 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 01:56 - Dec 17 by lyberoc

What was with that fiasco with the turnstiles? Barely 2000 in the ground yet we had to queue for ages to get in

One adult turnstile open in the TDS and he was struggling for change at 715pm. Fans were still outside 15 minutes after kick off, given there was less than 2000 Dale fans at the game that's a disgrace.

They were queuing half an hour before the game and when I mentioned the problem to the steward in the red coat his reply was " Its the fans fault, they should turn up earlier" . That comment sums up the way fans are treated by the club.

There was also a issue at the refreshment kiosk, just one outlet open and fans walking away empty handed because of the size of the queue. These problems have been happening for a while now though and I think the Trust have highlighted them to the club but the problems still continue. Are the caterers there to provide a service for the clubs customers or do they make the rules up to suit themselves?

If Colin Garlick wants to preach to the fans about not bringing in food and drink then let's see him rectify this problem because at the moment the catering company are not providing a proper service and by only opening one outlet they are obviously trying to save on staff.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 6:15]
Match thread on 06:05 - Dec 17 with 2332 viewsColDale

Match thread on 06:02 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

One adult turnstile open in the TDS and he was struggling for change at 715pm. Fans were still outside 15 minutes after kick off, given there was less than 2000 Dale fans at the game that's a disgrace.

They were queuing half an hour before the game and when I mentioned the problem to the steward in the red coat his reply was " Its the fans fault, they should turn up earlier" . That comment sums up the way fans are treated by the club.

There was also a issue at the refreshment kiosk, just one outlet open and fans walking away empty handed because of the size of the queue. These problems have been happening for a while now though and I think the Trust have highlighted them to the club but the problems still continue. Are the caterers there to provide a service for the clubs customers or do they make the rules up to suit themselves?

If Colin Garlick wants to preach to the fans about not bringing in food and drink then let's see him rectify this problem because at the moment the catering company are not providing a proper service and by only opening one outlet they are obviously trying to save on staff.

My assumption is that they used the same policy that they do for League games. Works fine for league games because season ticket holders can go through any entrance, but clearly not right on Cup games where everyone pays. Surely with a number of stewards outside the turnstiles, decisions can be made once queues reach a certain length.

If its happening at the turnstiles for all three home ends, its not a coincidence.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 06:26 - Dec 17 with 2311 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 06:05 - Dec 17 by ColDale

My assumption is that they used the same policy that they do for League games. Works fine for league games because season ticket holders can go through any entrance, but clearly not right on Cup games where everyone pays. Surely with a number of stewards outside the turnstiles, decisions can be made once queues reach a certain length.

If its happening at the turnstiles for all three home ends, its not a coincidence.

Wasn't there an issue at other cup games resulting in fans being late entering the ground. Also incidents involving catering facilities being shut resulting in very long queues and then closing during the second half. We are talking about small crowds here and it smacks of penny pinching measures which directly impact those loyal fans who have bothered to get up to Spotland and hand over their cash.

It makes for a bad match day experience and god forbid should the supporters dare to get excited by a result and glance at the league table,then we have the manager having the audacity to speak down to us all like little children at a kindergarten. Good manager but a bloody control freak.
Match thread on 07:06 - Dec 17 with 2275 viewsisitme

Match thread on 06:05 - Dec 17 by ColDale

Three turnstiles were open rather than the usual four in the Pearl Street stand. One turnstile was for adults, one for children and one concessions. Now there was a large queue for adults and no queue for children and concessions when I got to the ground. It would have made sense to have two adult turnstiles and one for both children and concessions. Have a piece of paper and tally chart whether the person was an child or concessions, it really is not difficult.
Match thread on 07:17 - Dec 17 with 2256 viewsaleanddale

Class claim through in the end. Fantastic response to the shots equaliser.

Bring on forest.

Twice European champions at Spotland! Fantastic Christmas present a ticket for this one!!
Match thread on 07:38 - Dec 17 with 2226 viewsnordenblue

Match thread on 06:26 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Wasn't there an issue at other cup games resulting in fans being late entering the ground. Also incidents involving catering facilities being shut resulting in very long queues and then closing during the second half. We are talking about small crowds here and it smacks of penny pinching measures which directly impact those loyal fans who have bothered to get up to Spotland and hand over their cash.

It makes for a bad match day experience and god forbid should the supporters dare to get excited by a result and glance at the league table,then we have the manager having the audacity to speak down to us all like little children at a kindergarten. Good manager but a bloody control freak.

Apparently Hilly sarcastically clapped someone in the main stand behind him for a comment made during the game, dont know why he bothers reacting to what generally are people who've not got a clue.
Same applies for the tool in the sandy who goes ballistic anytime the opposition have the cheek to score and thinks we should constantly retain the ball and attack for 90 mins.
Match thread on 07:44 - Dec 17 with 2220 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 07:38 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

Apparently Hilly sarcastically clapped someone in the main stand behind him for a comment made during the game, dont know why he bothers reacting to what generally are people who've not got a clue.
Same applies for the tool in the sandy who goes ballistic anytime the opposition have the cheek to score and thinks we should constantly retain the ball and attack for 90 mins.

These people are not exclusive to Spotland though. At times during the second half we looked in danger of Aldershot pulling off a shock so you will get the odd crate egg shouting something daft.

Hilly's been in the game long enough and let's face it, it's child's play compared to the stick that he would hear at the majority of clubs where expectation is much higher
Match thread on 07:47 - Dec 17 with 2216 viewsisitme

Match thread on 07:38 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

I saw him sarcastically applaud the ref after a strange decision. Has that been misconstrued? Or was there another incident when this happened that I didn't see?
Match thread on 08:28 - Dec 17 with 2181 viewsleedsdale

Match thread on 07:47 - Dec 17 by isitme

I saw him sarcastically applaud the ref after a strange decision. Has that been misconstrued? Or was there another incident when this happened that I didn't see?

There was a passage of play in the first half where we passed it around in the middle of the park for a bit and then Bennett (I think) launched a ball long which was to no one in particular, and went out for a goal kick. The crowd, understandably and instinctively, groaned, and it was at that point Hill turned around to clap. I read it as "come on we should be supporting the players, not groaning".

This is my first season sitting in the main stand, and it's the first time I've really noticed how regularly he interacts with the people sat around the dugouts. It's a good job some of the dissenters in the Sandy aren't within earshot or he would have left the club by now!
Match thread on 09:11 - Dec 17 with 2065 views442Dale

Match thread on 08:28 - Dec 17 by leedsdale

There was a passage of play in the first half where we passed it around in the middle of the park for a bit and then Bennett (I think) launched a ball long which was to no one in particular, and went out for a goal kick. The crowd, understandably and instinctively, groaned, and it was at that point Hill turned around to clap. I read it as "come on we should be supporting the players, not groaning".

This is my first season sitting in the main stand, and it's the first time I've really noticed how regularly he interacts with the people sat around the dugouts. It's a good job some of the dissenters in the Sandy aren't within earshot or he would have left the club by now!

But the bench themselves groan at times, it's magnified when a few do it and even more so when it's unnecessary. Basically it's ok to groan at times, just not all the bloody time - but that's only the odd bloke and they get laughed at.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 09:20 - Dec 17 with 2042 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Be very careful not to upset Hilly too much please. He's got the ultimate ace card up his sleeve.

Calvin, warm up lad.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread on 09:29 - Dec 17 with 2017 views442Dale

Match thread on 09:20 - Dec 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Be very careful not to upset Hilly too much please. He's got the ultimate ace card up his sleeve.

Calvin, warm up lad.

Chaff's "declared" line has gone down in folklore.

Match thread on 09:46 - Dec 17 with 1980 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 09:29 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

It didn't apply last night, however.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 10:23 - Dec 17 with 1922 viewsnordenblue

Match thread on 09:46 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

It didn't apply last night, however.

He did well last night i thought when he came on, held the ball up well and played in others allowing Done to score too.
Match thread on 10:30 - Dec 17 with 1902 viewsfermin

Match thread on 09:29 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Not that it matters much, but I must admit I thought that was my analogy after the Oldham game, unless Chaff used it earlier and I missed it.
Match thread on 10:46 - Dec 17 with 1868 views442Dale

Match thread on 10:23 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

He did well last night i thought when he came on, held the ball up well and played in others allowing Done to score too.

He did do quite well. It was more a reflection to the line when he appeared.

Match thread on 11:32 - Dec 17 with 1810 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 06:02 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

After posting last night that I wished I'd gone, I've changed my mind after reading that

I'd have been incredibly pissed off had I dashed home, thrown down some food and dashed up to the ground by 7.44pm only to miss 15 minutes action due to the incompetence of those responsible for matchday organisation

Don't they realise many people have to bust a gut after working all day to get there for midweek games? As it stood, I was late getting out of work due to having to deal with an issue involving members of the public not being seen within the required timeframe within a major public service. Ironic, or what? Don't those privileged to play, manage and administer football for a living realise how bloody lucky they are and how pressured most of us fans are? And Hilly takes the huff when someone shouts something he doesn't like?

Give me bloody strength.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 11:50 - Dec 17 with 1779 views442Dale

Match thread on 11:32 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

After posting last night that I wished I'd gone, I've changed my mind after reading that

I'd have been incredibly pissed off had I dashed home, thrown down some food and dashed up to the ground by 7.44pm only to miss 15 minutes action due to the incompetence of those responsible for matchday organisation

Don't they realise many people have to bust a gut after working all day to get there for midweek games? As it stood, I was late getting out of work due to having to deal with an issue involving members of the public not being seen within the required timeframe within a major public service. Ironic, or what? Don't those privileged to play, manage and administer football for a living realise how bloody lucky they are and how pressured most of us fans are? And Hilly takes the huff when someone shouts something he doesn't like?

Give me bloody strength.

What is difficult to accept is the lack of apology/explanation after what happened v Northampton. Will there be one forthcoming this time with an acceptance that such processes are looked at?

As part of any review after a game, stewards presumably feed back any issues that may have occurred so this information can be acted upon to improve the customer experience. if one fan is irritated, then there's a problem. If one is almost glad they didn't bother, like the post above, the the club have a serious issue that they have to address.

When is the Trust's next meeting with the board? Could this be brought up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024