Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think it's time for Craig to move! 18:42 - Jan 10 with 6039 viewscon_dale

Another manager and back on the bench! I thought that this was his chance as pulis would give him a chance, but doesn't look like it!
For his future a move looks best.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 19:40 - Jan 10 with 5870 viewselectricblue

He played last week in the cup i think.........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 19:46 - Jan 10 with 5823 viewsTalkingSutty

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 19:40 - Jan 10 by electricblue

He played last week in the cup i think.........

I think Craig could always be a good squad player at Premiership level but there is one thing that sorts the wood from the chaff at that level and its pace.

A cracking defender and easily Championship standard but not having that initial burst of speed will always hamper him when faced with the standard of forwards in the Premiership.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:27 - Jan 10 with 5588 viewsdingdangblue

He'll get a chance again this season I'm sure. Has had 3 terrific performances away at spurs, Chelsea and at home to man Utd - so he can handle this level. Pace is important but at the end of the day there are not many centre backs quicker than forwards. Its more about positioning, strength and reading the game for the best ones.
Like I said I'm sure Pulis will give him a fare chance as his attitude cannot be faulted.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:28 - Jan 10 with 5591 viewscon_dale

Pulis hadn't taken control of the team that day, today was his first game in charge. The best defenders of late in the premier league haven't got any pace look at terry, Ferdinand and England's back two at the moment!
Craig has got a good footballing brain and that's what should and could make him as good as any of them.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:49 - Jan 10 with 5540 viewsD_Alien

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:28 - Jan 10 by con_dale

Pulis hadn't taken control of the team that day, today was his first game in charge. The best defenders of late in the premier league haven't got any pace look at terry, Ferdinand and England's back two at the moment!
Craig has got a good footballing brain and that's what should and could make him as good as any of them.

It's not out and out pace those defenders have got, but that initial quickness of reaction that gets them to the ball first.

Craig Dawson is the best defender I've ever seen in a Dale shirt, but at premiership level his first instinct doesn't quite get him to where he needs to be against the very best. He could continue doing a job at that level but I honestly don't think he'll become a regular.

Would love it if he proved me wrong.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:50 - Jan 10 with 5532 viewsDaley_Lama

Craig got dropped a few weeks ago, West Brom immediately kept a clean sheet.

That's football.

Poll: DF in or out

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 22:26 - Jan 10 with 5458 viewsmiddale

I had the misfortune to be at that WBA v Hull game today - god it was unimaginably dire. Craig's replacement Macauley was dreadful whenever he had the ball at his feet, so he must have a chance of getting back in sometime soon.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 22:29 - Jan 10 with 5437 viewsTalkingSutty

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:49 - Jan 10 by D_Alien

It's not out and out pace those defenders have got, but that initial quickness of reaction that gets them to the ball first.

Craig Dawson is the best defender I've ever seen in a Dale shirt, but at premiership level his first instinct doesn't quite get him to where he needs to be against the very best. He could continue doing a job at that level but I honestly don't think he'll become a regular.

Would love it if he proved me wrong.

Agree, but there's no doubt he will have a very good career and set himself up for life. The best defender i have seen in a Rochdale shirt.
Login to get fewer ads

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 06:32 - Jan 11 with 5212 viewsnordenblue

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 21:28 - Jan 10 by con_dale

Firstly im not a fan of Rio but id never class him as "slow", both him and Terry more so are lightening quick at reading the game so could get away without pace, having watched Dawson a few times at that level things seem to pass him by and develop before hes had chance to react.Not calling the lad as others said also, the best player ive ever seen play for the club just not sure he'll ever be a regular.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 16:01 - Jan 12 with 4953 viewsParkinsGimp

The Peckham Pimp has been a very poor defender for sometime now, and rightly at a crap club like QPR , even there he's outclassed.
He has been seriously well "Merc'd" everytime hes played this season LOL
Hope Craig gets his chance , he deserves it, never really let the baggies down when asked to perform.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 18:58 - Jan 12 with 4816 viewspioneer

If he doesn't have enough pace for premier league why did they buy him in the first place?

I think its just a case of a club that has been poorly managed for several seasons who have managed to stay up by the skin of their teeth because of the large number of poor teams in that league.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 19:32 - Jan 12 with 4756 viewsnordenblue

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 18:58 - Jan 12 by pioneer

If he doesn't have enough pace for premier league why did they buy him in the first place?

I think its just a case of a club that has been poorly managed for several seasons who have managed to stay up by the skin of their teeth because of the large number of poor teams in that league.

He must have had about 4 or 5 managers that all haven't fancied playing him consistently, you'd like to think between them they'd know a thing or two and all cant be wrong.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 20:00 - Jan 13 with 4596 viewsnordenblue

West Brom apparently signing Huth so thats him further down the line
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 20:11 - Jan 13 with 4552 viewsD_Alien

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 20:00 - Jan 13 by nordenblue

West Brom apparently signing Huth so thats him further down the line

If that's the case, it's no surprise that Pulis is going for the big no-nonsense type of centre back - that's his preference.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 20:42 - Jan 13 with 4486 viewsstomper

R Craig.
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 07:56 - Jan 14 with 4330 viewssweetcorn

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 16:01 - Jan 12 by ParkinsGimp

The Peckham Pimp has been a very poor defender for sometime now, and rightly at a crap club like QPR , even there he's outclassed.
Hope Craig gets his chance , he deserves it, never really let the baggies down when asked to perform.

so 1 and half seasons is some time? He was rightly included the pfa team of the season in 2013, as he was the best defender at the champions of England for that season.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 11:57 - Jan 14 with 4239 viewsashes

for his future and OUR future a move is best. We have follow on fees to consider!
Think it's time for Craig to move! (n/t) on 12:11 - Jan 14 with 4203 viewsrod_leach

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 18:58 - Jan 12 by pioneer

replied to the wrong person!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 12:13]
Think it's time for Craig to move! on 12:13 - Jan 14 with 4194 viewsrod_leach

Think it's time for Craig to move! on 16:01 - Jan 12 by ParkinsGimp

I'm no fan of Ferdinand, but can you explain why you call him a pimp? Hopefully not based on his skin colour?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024