Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't shoot the messenger 12:25 - Feb 3 with 10648 viewsHayesender

Rumours circulating on fb (I know) that Redknapp has left the building.

Please if there is a god be true

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:28 - Feb 3 with 2130 viewsMonahoop

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:07 - Feb 3 by actonman

I said a while back and it's scarily looking like i could be right..

Play ok but still lose to man utd

Lose to stoke

Lose to Southampton and he's a gonner !

Draw with Southampton and we will have the shister to the end draining the life out of us !

Travel back to the season before last. Everyone wanting to see the back of Mark Hughes. Along came Southampton to Loftus Road. The Saints win easily 3-1. Adios Mr Hughes. Will Southampton strike again and see another manager at the peak of their unpopularity, saunter off into the gloom at W12?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:30 - Feb 3 with 2097 viewsSpiritofGregory

Makes sense to get rid of him. He is not up to the task.
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:32 - Feb 3 with 2072 viewsJAPRANGERS

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:30 - Feb 3 by SpiritofGregory

Makes sense to get rid of him. He is not up to the task.

Yes of course but TF seems to be in love with him and won't let him go..........
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:32 - Feb 3 with 2063 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:24 - Feb 3 by rosseeles

Betfair ‏@Betfair 3 mins3 minutes ago
Next Manager To Leave Update: Harry #Redknapp now 1/4 from 8/11, having already been cut from 2/1 this morning! #QPR

Oddschecker ‏@Oddschecker 2 mins2 minutes ago
@Oddschecker Redknapp now as short as 1/6!

Looks like curtains for Harry. What do Rangers fans make of this?

http://bit.ly/PLBossToGo #QPR
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 13:29]

Not really - betting sites just reflect betting. So a rumour starts, it's reported across the net, a load of fans get in quick while the odds are high, so the odds come down. It might be an indication, but it's not that reliable.

Bare bones.

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:33 - Feb 3 with 2054 viewsrosseeles

Don't shoot the messenger on 12:33 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

Still get evens on Paddy Power so seems unlikely.

If anyone actually backed up their opinions with money on here, its like finding money in the street surely, but then again we all remember the certainty of the "Gone...." thread!

Best odds i can now find are 1/3 which is paddy power/sky bet every where else is 1/5 or 1/6 thats a Huge drop in a few hours, so something is afoot
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:34 - Feb 3 with 2036 viewsMatch82

Next Manager To Leave Update: Harry #Redknapp now 1/4 from 8/11, having already been cut from 2/1 this morning! #QPR

So fair to say that if it turns out he doesn't go, we can be certain that bookies are now adjusting odds based on completely unfounded Facebook rumours?

There's money to be made here...
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:34 - Feb 3 with 2034 viewsTheBlob

ooops....wrong thread.

erm....tarra 'arry...
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 13:35]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:34 - Feb 3 with 2029 viewssuperhoopdownunder

QPR Have had a lot of (shit) managers in my lifetime (exceptions being Jago, Sexton, Venables, Francis, Howe and Holloway)

I hope Harry goes as I rate him alongside Paul Hart
Login to get fewer ads

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:34 - Feb 3 with 2024 viewsolderR

Bookies feeling sorry for us.
Make the odds so bad we keep our money in our wallet.
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:35 - Feb 3 with 2007 viewsrosseeles

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:32 - Feb 3 by Antti_Heinola

Not really - betting sites just reflect betting. So a rumour starts, it's reported across the net, a load of fans get in quick while the odds are high, so the odds come down. It might be an indication, but it's not that reliable.

Thats actually only partially true, yes odds will fluctuate on large/consistent bets, but bookies will slash odds as well with no bets being put on if there is info avaialble etc

The fact at least 10 betting sites have dropped odds that low in an hour is not something you generally see reflected across all sites unless something is going on
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:38 - Feb 3 with 1930 viewsHantsR

Don't shoot the messenger on 12:55 - Feb 3 by loftus77

Yes, but, unlike 1912, he won't go down with his ship though.

'Arry will be "counting his money on the deck of the Carpathia" in June I'm sure...

...and TF on the RMS Californian ignoring the distress rockets?
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:38 - Feb 3 with 1918 viewsaston_hoop

If this is happening, I'm guessing the added responsibility for Sir Les that TF was tweeting about might mean something after all. Him and Hoddle in the short term?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:41 - Feb 3 with 1873 viewsJAPRANGERS

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:35 - Feb 3 by rosseeles

Thats actually only partially true, yes odds will fluctuate on large/consistent bets, but bookies will slash odds as well with no bets being put on if there is info avaialble etc

The fact at least 10 betting sites have dropped odds that low in an hour is not something you generally see reflected across all sites unless something is going on

But what do the bookies REALLY know?? Are they just basing all this on the fact that Harry was not allowed to buy any over the hill Spurs players, and assume he will get the hump and piss off??
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:41 - Feb 3 with 1866 viewsadhoc_qpr

I still think he'll get sacked if he loses to Soton and Sunderland.

One win will probably keep him in a job or 2 draws, any less and i think TF will panic and change direction again.
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:42 - Feb 3 with 1850 viewsRs_Holy

I think the no show for the TalkSport interview is very interesting!.... Harry NEVER normally misses this sort of opportunity! I think he may be gone and I would bet it’s the Les and Hoddle show until the end of the season!
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 1773 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Bookies are not normally wrong

I am sure unless Redknapp is sacked we are down
(I have followed QPR for 44 years)
[Post edited 4 Feb 2015 3:32]
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 1760 viewsTrance_Trousers

What a perfect time to replace Harry with Glen, Les and Ramsey for the remainder of the season. See how that works out before bringing in Sherwood.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 1748 viewsrosseeles

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:41 - Feb 3 by JAPRANGERS

But what do the bookies REALLY know?? Are they just basing all this on the fact that Harry was not allowed to buy any over the hill Spurs players, and assume he will get the hump and piss off??

they wouldnt base it on last night im sure, at the end of the window Harry was 7/2 only third favourite to leave on sky bet behind lambert & bruce. When all the papers were saying Harry would go after man utd if we lost, the odds still didnt go as low as they are now, so that would suggest something has gone on today
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:51 - Feb 3 with 1650 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:35 - Feb 3 by rosseeles

Well its happened before.

I got 9/1 a few months ago, and we have been here before remember the "Gone....." thread?
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:53 - Feb 3 with 1621 views08olesen

I think regardless of what TF does, he will get criticized. Its clear that if Harry goes, TF will have 'panicked'. If he doesnt... then he didnt have the guile to sack him.

As much as TF has made mistakes, it says a lot about us that QPR were finally not the hub of deadline day action. Even if it was partly down to FFP, maybe it shows we have learned a bit, and regardless of what happens with Harry or this season, i do think with the likes of Ferdinand and CR, we seem to have a plan now.

The players are good enough, and they need to start performing regardless of whether it is 442, 433, 0010 and if Harry is manager or not.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:54 - Feb 3 with 1600 viewsrosseeles

Don't shoot the messenger on 13:51 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

Well its happened before.

I got 9/1 a few months ago, and we have been here before remember the "Gone....." thread?

Your dead right and i got 7/1 myself. When the gone thread was about and the storys in the papers you could still get evens, now its 1/3 at best and most 1/4, 1/5 etc...thats a big difference....bookies know on the whole people wont bet on a 1/4, 1/5 prospect, as unless you bet thousands theres little point, so its covering themselves at that point
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:56 - Feb 3 with 1572 viewsPinnerPaul

3 firms have now suspended the market, as someone said above, doesn't necessarily mean they KNOW, just protecting themselves.

But does seem there MIGHT be something in it
Don't shoot the messenger on 13:59 - Feb 3 with 1523 viewsPinnerPaul

Looks like based on this rumour alone as no other media outlets have picked up on it yet (Newsnow)
Don't shoot the messenger on 14:00 - Feb 3 with 1498 viewsToast_R

Harry Redknapp has left his post as manager of QPR with immediate effect.

The club will be making no further comment at this time.
Don't shoot the messenger on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 1494 viewssotonsuperhoop

TF did tweet something long the lines of 'we have the players, and with the right motivation we will be okay' . This says to me that TF and the board aren't so sure about Harry's ability to motivate the squad and may be starting to lose the dressing room. Barton slagging off the players in the dressing room at Stoke wont have helped and shows unrest so IMHO if we lose to Saints and to Sunderland he will go. I expect Sir Les and Hoddle have said that the squad is good enough along with a couple of the under 21s just need a different approach
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024