Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 17:10 - Oct 24 with 14645 viewscurleigh

I think i speak for most on here, Gomis has been truly shocking now since Watford, but Monk keeps on picking him hoping maybe his form will come good, he needs to give Eder a run of 3 or 4 games now to see what he has to offer, 5 & 10 minutes here and there is no gauge of how good you are. He needs to be told he is starting the next few games.
Gomis on 21:45 - Oct 24 with 2239 viewsSenhin

You lot are all so temperamental. Decide he was sh*t after a few games as you do with every striker we have, go quiet when he has a ridiculously good run of about 11 goals in 13 games or something like that, and all pipe back up with how sh*t he's always been as soon as he goes out of form again.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Gomis on 21:46 - Oct 24 with 2235 viewsstonedroses

Gomis on 20:40 - Oct 24 by Landore_Jack

Gomis needs to learn to stay on his feet and time his runs better.

someone needs to punch the div in the face and say to the money grabbing git we are swansea city we premier league mush put the effort in...if i was big black and handsome (no racist shit intended) id be knocking the shit out of the premier leagues big hard centre halves,,,,,
Gomis on 21:57 - Oct 24 with 2217 viewsstonedroses

Gomis on 21:45 - Oct 24 by Senhin

You lot are all so temperamental. Decide he was sh*t after a few games as you do with every striker we have, go quiet when he has a ridiculously good run of about 11 goals in 13 games or something like that, and all pipe back up with how sh*t he's always been as soon as he goes out of form again.

even though he was scoring he was still falling over like a pussy....always on the floor.....have you seen the size on him....alan waddle walks on water
Gomis on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 2209 viewsSenhin

Gomis on 21:57 - Oct 24 by stonedroses

even though he was scoring he was still falling over like a pussy....always on the floor.....have you seen the size on him....alan waddle walks on water

Just like Bony...

If there is contact, and they aren't going to get the ball, its second nature for them to fall over and try and get a foul. I'm not a fan of it, but it's a habit lots have. When he thinks he can keep the ball and do something with it, he stays up and does that, it's not like he is being given a fantastic pass to put him one on one in the box and then falling over for no reason. Yes it looks stupid, but its not harming the team's play.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Gomis on 22:13 - Oct 24 with 2188 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Quite.

He's 30. He scores about 15 league goals a season. That isn't going to change.

People getting their knickers in a twist as he's not kept up a goal-a-game ratio...
He's a bit shit/bit good French bloke who's never made it to the top. He'll do us fine though with 10-15 goals this season.

Sorry to those expecting him to chip in with 30+ goals this year.

Saying that, he's flagged offside far far too many times...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Gomis on 23:34 - Oct 24 with 2090 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis on 17:28 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

You mean the same Routs who hasn't played for weeks would be better than Eder?

Who hasn't played for weeks because he's been injured? That's the one. God, we've got some beauts following us.

Also, Gomis today created more chances than any other striker. If that was Wilf people would be creaming themselves.
Gomis on 07:42 - Oct 25 with 1968 viewsjack247

He is neither shit nor brilliant. He is an average PL striker. If we are looking to push on and challenge the top 6, he probably needs serious competition. If we are looking to stay in the PL, we will do so very easily with him up front.
Gomis on 08:06 - Oct 25 with 1955 viewsDr_Winston

A lot of sense being spoken by some people in this thread. The usual predictable nonsense by others.

Team plays shit, lone striker struggles. Team plays a bit better, lone striker doesn't struggle. It's not much more complex than that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 08:24 - Oct 25 with 1928 viewsmonmouth

Gomis on 08:06 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

A lot of sense being spoken by some people in this thread. The usual predictable nonsense by others.

Team plays shit, lone striker struggles. Team plays a bit better, lone striker doesn't struggle. It's not much more complex than that.

I thought he played poorly even within those parameters though. Gave the ball away a lot even when a simple pass was on and had the contol of a concrete banana. To balance that what seems to be being overlooked by the 'utter crap' crusaders is that Gomis set up two golden chances for Fernandez and Ayew.

He needs a goal. As indeed does Eder.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis on 08:25 - Oct 25 with 1928 viewsJackanapes

Gomis on 08:06 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

The team plays better when hes on form though. What came first etc.
Bony was a solid paltform, Gomis anything but. Whenever Gomis tries to hold the ball up he fails miserably. As a result we are clearly trying to put him through on goal, hence the laughable offside count. And yes the glaring ommision.... Gomis DID struggle yesterday. Just because we won it doesnt detract from the fact that he was pretty awful. You cant attribute his passing abilty to errant team play.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 8:28]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Gomis on 08:30 - Oct 25 with 1911 viewsSgorioFruit

I will some up this thread with two words and a character

GOMIS = SHIT

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Gomis on 08:33 - Oct 25 with 1903 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis on 08:25 - Oct 25 by Jackanapes

The team plays better when hes on form though. What came first etc.
Bony was a solid paltform, Gomis anything but. Whenever Gomis tries to hold the ball up he fails miserably. As a result we are clearly trying to put him through on goal, hence the laughable offside count. And yes the glaring ommision.... Gomis DID struggle yesterday. Just because we won it doesnt detract from the fact that he was pretty awful. You cant attribute his passing abilty to errant team play.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 8:28]

Depends if you think that the team plays better when he's on form or if he plays better because the team does. The same criticisms, almost word for word, have been aimed at basically every striker we've had since Jason Scotland at one point or another when the team hasn't played well, so I'm going to plump for the latter.

Playing as a lone striker is a horrible thankless job unless the players behind you are on their game. Is it a coincidence that Gomis was most prolific towards the end of last season and the start of this one when the team were putting in consistently good performances?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis on 08:41 - Oct 25 with 1883 viewsJackfath

Gomis on 07:42 - Oct 25 by jack247

He is neither shit nor brilliant. He is an average PL striker. If we are looking to push on and challenge the top 6, he probably needs serious competition. If we are looking to stay in the PL, we will do so very easily with him up front.

I'd say he's either shilliant or brillit.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gomis on 08:45 - Oct 25 with 1876 viewsDewi1jack

Gomis on 19:34 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

He s a risk at that price mainly because he s a nutter.

If he were to realise the Balkan conflict is over..for now... He d be fine.

He does offer a physical presence in a way gomis does not.

He offers a difference in the same way as fishing with a hand grenade or using a nuclear weapon.
I championed Mitrovic to come. Glad he didn't
Boy is a red card waiting to happen nearly every game. A real loose cannon
But doesn't seem to cheat like Costa has to.

How about going against opinion (needs PL experience etc) and bringing in someone young from the lower leagues, hungry for a chance to improve?
Surely our scouting network has some names "for the future" on the list.
Ben and Neil were once regarded as ones for the future for us, when they made the squad list. As was JJ when Liverpool signed him.

Edit.
Just read that someone mentioned Andy Gippo Carroll as a good fit for us.
Please tell me that was written tongue in cheek.
Or is someone seriously forgetting to take their meds?

Bafe isn't a 30+ a season scorer.
If he was, he wouldn't be with us. Someone like Citey/ Chelsea/ United would have him.
He'll get enough (15-20).
We just need others in the midfield to start wading in with a few as well.
And Fede to have just a slice of luck in front of goal. Lost count how many "worldly" saves he's forced keepers to make...

Or frightened the pigeons when it is easier to hit the back of the net
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 8:55]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gomis on 08:51 - Oct 25 with 1868 viewsjack247

Gomis on 08:45 - Oct 25 by Dewi1jack

He offers a difference in the same way as fishing with a hand grenade or using a nuclear weapon.
I championed Mitrovic to come. Glad he didn't
Boy is a red card waiting to happen nearly every game. A real loose cannon
But doesn't seem to cheat like Costa has to.

How about going against opinion (needs PL experience etc) and bringing in someone young from the lower leagues, hungry for a chance to improve?
Surely our scouting network has some names "for the future" on the list.
Ben and Neil were once regarded as ones for the future for us, when they made the squad list. As was JJ when Liverpool signed him.

Edit.
Just read that someone mentioned Andy Gippo Carroll as a good fit for us.
Please tell me that was written tongue in cheek.
Or is someone seriously forgetting to take their meds?

Bafe isn't a 30+ a season scorer.
If he was, he wouldn't be with us. Someone like Citey/ Chelsea/ United would have him.
He'll get enough (15-20).
We just need others in the midfield to start wading in with a few as well.
And Fede to have just a slice of luck in front of goal. Lost count how many "worldly" saves he's forced keepers to make...

Or frightened the pigeons when it is easier to hit the back of the net
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 8:55]

I didn't champion Mitrovic, because I had hardly seen him play. From what I have seen this season though, I wouldn't be surprised if he does really well. There is a hell of a striker there once he sorts his temper out.
Gomis on 08:51 - Oct 25 with 1868 viewsJackanapes

Gomis on 08:33 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Depends if you think that the team plays better when he's on form or if he plays better because the team does. The same criticisms, almost word for word, have been aimed at basically every striker we've had since Jason Scotland at one point or another when the team hasn't played well, so I'm going to plump for the latter.

Playing as a lone striker is a horrible thankless job unless the players behind you are on their game. Is it a coincidence that Gomis was most prolific towards the end of last season and the start of this one when the team were putting in consistently good performances?

Yes but were we putting in consitently good performances because Gomis was playing better? Was he fluffing his basic skills, like he is right now?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 9:12]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Gomis on 09:00 - Oct 25 with 1830 viewsperchrockjack

Too many pigeons around so I withdraw my remarks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 09:04 - Oct 25 with 1829 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It was noticeable that in the second half we started to play balls into the inside right channel for Gomis to run on to off the shoulder of the defender. He got to every one and started to look dangerous with a shot wide and a lovely ball across to Ayew who should have scored.

Gomis is Gomis - he's not Bony. If we play to his strengths he's a decent player. If we ask him to be Bony he's hopeless.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gomis on 09:10 - Oct 25 with 1824 viewsDewi1jack

Gomis on 08:51 - Oct 25 by jack247

I didn't champion Mitrovic, because I had hardly seen him play. From what I have seen this season though, I wouldn't be surprised if he does really well. There is a hell of a striker there once he sorts his temper out.

Maybe it's youth, but his disciplinary record has been pretty bad since he started

http://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=6688

Seems to pick up a yellow card every 2 or 3 games at most in his career. Numerous reds.
Or roughly at least 4 (plus the extra games for each ban) suspensions a season
If he does curb the temper, then I think he'll be one elluva striker.
Trouble is, a team needs another first choice striker, just to cover him when he's suspended.

Still think Bafe is an improvement over Schecter/ Vasquez/ DG etc and will come good as soon as we start using the full width of the pitch and start controlling the midfield again.
I'd still take Bafe over Mitrovic as well.
Rather have a striker available for selection, than sitting in the stands suspended.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gomis on 09:13 - Oct 25 with 1820 viewsdantheswansman

Gomis on 17:21 - Oct 24 by SgorioFruit

DROP HIM

Ayew upfront and Routs instead of Gomis.

JOB DONE, 3 POINTS PLEASE ARSENAL

And that`s why i love this forum , People who have absolutely no clue what they are actually saying can just write down the stupidest of ideas.

Well done on the stupidest post of the day !

Clown
Gomis on 09:29 - Oct 25 with 1783 viewsperchrockjack

Predicable indeed by those clearly unable to believe they could be in someway wrong EVER.

Might as well bin this board if contrasting opinions are seen as dogshiyte.

Quite who the feck are those who see themselves as the arbiters of what is right or wrong ..

LETS FACE IT, if a poster believes a particular player is "good" he ll always defend him and those who don't will get insults .

I was right all along? Well no.

None of us are.

Gomis on 09:30 - Oct 25 with 1789 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis on 09:29 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

Predicable indeed by those clearly unable to believe they could be in someway wrong EVER.

Might as well bin this board if contrasting opinions are seen as dogshiyte.

Quite who the feck are those who see themselves as the arbiters of what is right or wrong ..

LETS FACE IT, if a poster believes a particular player is "good" he ll always defend him and those who don't will get insults .

I was right all along? Well no.

None of us are.

Wibble.

Gomis on 09:31 - Oct 25 with 1776 viewsperchrockjack

and how quick was that.

Point proven instantly.

Gomis on 09:37 - Oct 25 with 1767 viewsDarran

Gomis on 09:31 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

and how quick was that.

Point proven instantly.

jobbies consistent though if he's in love with a player he sticks with him.
He didn't love Trundle but he did love Fatty Fenwa.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis on 09:37 - Oct 25 with 1767 viewsjack247

Gomis on 09:04 - Oct 25 by Joe_bradshaw

It was noticeable that in the second half we started to play balls into the inside right channel for Gomis to run on to off the shoulder of the defender. He got to every one and started to look dangerous with a shot wide and a lovely ball across to Ayew who should have scored.

Gomis is Gomis - he's not Bony. If we play to his strengths he's a decent player. If we ask him to be Bony he's hopeless.

That is absolutely bang on. Only trouble is it is a lot harder to play to his strengths as the midfield need to put him through or whip in a cross for him to attack, rather than just get the ball to him back to goal around the edge of the area.

We have been spoilt with our last two centre forwards. Gomis is around the level you would expect for a mid table Premier League club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024