Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crisis 17:58 - Nov 9 with 5518 viewsmattjenkins1990

The hour of crisis is upon PS. Everyone talking about getting rid of Garry.

My question is why is no one looking at Jamies Beattie. The problem we are having is scoring goals, we retain possession well enough just cannot find that clinical edge. Then one mistake and we loose the game. James has been brought in as attacking coach and that seems to be where our issues are.

Thoughts ?

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Crisis on 18:01 - Nov 9 with 3868 viewsDarran

Yeah nobody's mentioned Beattie.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Crisis on 18:01 - Nov 9 with 3868 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you're onto something, Matt.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Crisis on 18:01 - Nov 9 with 3864 viewsSwansNZ

Who brought him in?

Would certainly appear to add nothing.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Crisis on 18:07 - Nov 9 with 3823 viewsLeonisGod

He's rubbish. He used to score loads but he's not even listed amongst our top scorers. Time to let him go I reckon.

Er, yes he's been mentioned. He's not the problem of course. There's a big hole between midfield (and full backs) and attack lately. Gomis can't do it on his own, but he can finish stuff off IF we can retain possession and build over the half way line.
Crisis on 18:08 - Nov 9 with 3817 viewsAyewSerious

I think the blame being levelled at Beattie is beyond embarassing in my opinion. Are we supposed to think that without a great coach, then these players would never score again? Or that Beattie (an excellent Premier league striker I may add) in a few short months has made players with 20 years of playing experience forget how to shoot?

Beattie doesnt ask the team to attack at a snails pace, ensuring that our one and only striker is under wraps and every other advancing player is marked with ease.

A great coach he may not be (im sure nobody really knows) but a person capable to stopping a team from scoring or shooting he most certainly isnt.
Crisis on 18:09 - Nov 9 with 3807 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Crisis on 18:07 - Nov 9 by LeonisGod

He's rubbish. He used to score loads but he's not even listed amongst our top scorers. Time to let him go I reckon.

Er, yes he's been mentioned. He's not the problem of course. There's a big hole between midfield (and full backs) and attack lately. Gomis can't do it on his own, but he can finish stuff off IF we can retain possession and build over the half way line.

The thing is though Gomis isn't finishing stuff off when he gets the chance. How many chances has he had since his last goal? He is playing absolutely dreadful.

I read today that when Cristiano Ronaldo signed for Manchester United, he was guaranteed to play 50% of the games in his first season.

I wonder if we have a similar sort of arrangement with Gomis or Ayew? Whether verbal or contractual.

Crisis on 18:14 - Nov 9 with 3781 viewsDewi1jack

Crisis on 18:01 - Nov 9 by Darran

Yeah nobody's mentioned Beattie.

Or KO'L as a defensive coach.

Fair play to you Matt.
We've found someone slower than our midfielders at the mo

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Crisis on 18:15 - Nov 9 with 3778 viewsswan_si

Has Beattie been brought in as an attacking coach? I thought he was brought in to work with our strikers, as bad as Gomis has been when he gets a sight on goal, opportunities have been few and far between, even Bony used to squander a lot of chances before hitting the target, the difference Is, we played a lot quicker, and by doing so, made a lot of chances, what does my head in, is the amount of times he gets caught offside, and this is where Beattie should be earning his corn.
Login to get fewer ads

Crisis on 18:20 - Nov 9 with 3752 viewslondonlisa2001

Crisis on 18:08 - Nov 9 by AyewSerious

I think the blame being levelled at Beattie is beyond embarassing in my opinion. Are we supposed to think that without a great coach, then these players would never score again? Or that Beattie (an excellent Premier league striker I may add) in a few short months has made players with 20 years of playing experience forget how to shoot?

Beattie doesnt ask the team to attack at a snails pace, ensuring that our one and only striker is under wraps and every other advancing player is marked with ease.

A great coach he may not be (im sure nobody really knows) but a person capable to stopping a team from scoring or shooting he most certainly isnt.

I agree with you.

Someone said on one thread something along the lines of why should Gomis listen to Beattie?

Well perhaps because Beattie scored over 90 goals in the premier league.

Irrespective of whether his coaching is any good (no one on here knows) or whether he has only been brought in because he's a mate of Monk (and that happens all over this league), the idea that he's some hopeless lower league no mark is frankly ridiculous.
Crisis on 18:21 - Nov 9 with 3744 viewsSgorioFruit

DROP GOMIS

why is that so hard to understand, Norwich game he definately should not have even started.

pile of shite

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Crisis on 18:22 - Nov 9 with 3737 viewsPrivate_Partz

Crisis on 18:09 - Nov 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The thing is though Gomis isn't finishing stuff off when he gets the chance. How many chances has he had since his last goal? He is playing absolutely dreadful.

I read today that when Cristiano Ronaldo signed for Manchester United, he was guaranteed to play 50% of the games in his first season.

I wonder if we have a similar sort of arrangement with Gomis or Ayew? Whether verbal or contractual.

I can think of about 2 or 3 chances when he should have scored and that is about all. Most of the time he is having to come back to the halfway line looking for scraps.
If he was getting loads of opportunities and failing, like Geroud when he hits his bad spells, I would say for certain he should be dropped. I am not cinvinced any striker would score regularly for us the moment.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Crisis on 18:25 - Nov 9 with 3711 viewsdaijack15

Crisis on 18:01 - Nov 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you're onto something, Matt.

Come on get a grip here, Monk has had plenty of success against massive clubs in the past and today we are on a bad run that the majority of teams go through and if you look we are only 4 points behind both Liverpool and everton.....The league this year is very tight where a couple of wins can send you up the top and a few losses on the bounce will drop you like a stone.....We have had a problem in scoring and i question beattie's input as the forward coach as we were ok before he took over........Fans are to fickle and forget the great job monk has done and if we sack monk then it will be a great mistake that could be the end of us in the top flight if a stranger takes over and changes the Swansea philosophy of playing.......Monk who is a hard working manager will get things right and just like Jose at chelsea you don't just become a bad manager all of a sudden.........Another thing is some of us are expecting to achieve far too much and that will not happen and as far as im concerned we are about 4 points behind where we should be and that to me is no crisis...
Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 with 3658 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Crisis on 18:20 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you.

Someone said on one thread something along the lines of why should Gomis listen to Beattie?

Irrespective of whether his coaching is any good (no one on here knows) or whether he has only been brought in because he's a mate of Monk (and that happens all over this league), the idea that he's some hopeless lower league no mark is frankly ridiculous.

Yes that was probably me, amongst others.
Just because someone can score goals does not make them a good Coach or Manager, otherwise a certain Mr Laudrup would still be here.
The Prem has been littered with great players who failed as coaches and managers in the recent past.
Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 with 3657 viewslovejuicejack

Crisis on 18:25 - Nov 9 by daijack15

Come on get a grip here, Monk has had plenty of success against massive clubs in the past and today we are on a bad run that the majority of teams go through and if you look we are only 4 points behind both Liverpool and everton.....The league this year is very tight where a couple of wins can send you up the top and a few losses on the bounce will drop you like a stone.....We have had a problem in scoring and i question beattie's input as the forward coach as we were ok before he took over........Fans are to fickle and forget the great job monk has done and if we sack monk then it will be a great mistake that could be the end of us in the top flight if a stranger takes over and changes the Swansea philosophy of playing.......Monk who is a hard working manager will get things right and just like Jose at chelsea you don't just become a bad manager all of a sudden.........Another thing is some of us are expecting to achieve far too much and that will not happen and as far as im concerned we are about 4 points behind where we should be and that to me is no crisis...

Is it to much to expect us to stay up this season
Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 with 3656 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"if a stranger takes over and changes the Swansea philosophy of playing...."

It's comments like that which I find alarming. How can somebody not notice that our way of playing has been completely eradicated? We are by far and away the most boring team to watch in the EPL at the moment. How many other teams have gone a whole game against Norwich without having a shot on target this season?

The 'Swansea philosophy' died when we started picking up wins last season with Monk's preferred defensive approach. I bet even Paula Souza watches our games on the telly and is amazed at how defensive we are.

Crisis on 18:36 - Nov 9 with 3625 viewsjasper_T

Crisis on 18:15 - Nov 9 by swan_si

Has Beattie been brought in as an attacking coach? I thought he was brought in to work with our strikers, as bad as Gomis has been when he gets a sight on goal, opportunities have been few and far between, even Bony used to squander a lot of chances before hitting the target, the difference Is, we played a lot quicker, and by doing so, made a lot of chances, what does my head in, is the amount of times he gets caught offside, and this is where Beattie should be earning his corn.

Official word when he joined was that he was here to work with the strikers on the technical aspects of their play. People weren't screaming "jobs for the boys" for no reason.
Crisis on 18:37 - Nov 9 with 3620 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"if a stranger takes over and changes the Swansea philosophy of playing...."

It's comments like that which I find alarming. How can somebody not notice that our way of playing has been completely eradicated? We are by far and away the most boring team to watch in the EPL at the moment. How many other teams have gone a whole game against Norwich without having a shot on target this season?

The 'Swansea philosophy' died when we started picking up wins last season with Monk's preferred defensive approach. I bet even Paula Souza watches our games on the telly and is amazed at how defensive we are.

We are not that defensive, it is just that at the moment our attack is "Toothless" as stated by many pundits.
Crisis on 18:38 - Nov 9 with 3620 viewsSwansNZ

On my NZ pre-season predicto-meter, we have the number of points after 12 games that I thought we’d have. You win some you lose some.
BUT, of course we’ve not been playing well lately, and are creating sh1t all — it’s up to Garry to fix this, and he should be given more time to do so.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Crisis on 18:45 - Nov 9 with 3585 viewslondonlisa2001

Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Just because someone can score goals does not make them a good Coach or Manager, otherwise a certain Mr Laudrup would still be here.
The Prem has been littered with great players who failed as coaches and managers in the recent past.

I couldn't remember where I saw it!

I agree that just because someone could do it, it doesn't mean that they can coach it, but the implication of your post was that Gomis etc wouldn't have any respect for Beattie. Well he should do, because he was a damn sight better as a PL striker than Gomis is. Now it may be that he can't 'teach' it, who knows, but that is a different matter and we don't know what's going on.

I'm not certain that we produced one single chance against Norwich for Gomis that I would expect most PL strikers to score. I can't remember one anyway.
Crisis on 18:59 - Nov 9 with 3510 viewsDr_Winston

Crisis on 18:22 - Nov 9 by Private_Partz

I can think of about 2 or 3 chances when he should have scored and that is about all. Most of the time he is having to come back to the halfway line looking for scraps.
If he was getting loads of opportunities and failing, like Geroud when he hits his bad spells, I would say for certain he should be dropped. I am not cinvinced any striker would score regularly for us the moment.

Amen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Crisis on 19:00 - Nov 9 with 3498 viewsDr_Winston

Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Laudrup's dismissal had little to do with a lack of managerial ability.

A lack of interest and piss poor choice of friends perhaps, but not ability.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Crisis on 19:02 - Nov 9 with 3489 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Crisis on 18:45 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

I couldn't remember where I saw it!

I agree that just because someone could do it, it doesn't mean that they can coach it, but the implication of your post was that Gomis etc wouldn't have any respect for Beattie. Well he should do, because he was a damn sight better as a PL striker than Gomis is. Now it may be that he can't 'teach' it, who knows, but that is a different matter and we don't know what's going on.

I'm not certain that we produced one single chance against Norwich for Gomis that I would expect most PL strikers to score. I can't remember one anyway.

Why would you have "respect" for anybody if what they teach you is in total contradiction to everything you have previously been taught.
Not that I am saying it is, because we have no idea, but it could happen.
Crisis on 19:13 - Nov 9 with 3452 viewsFlashberryjack

Crisis on 18:08 - Nov 9 by AyewSerious

With that logic.....why the f*ck bother with an attacking coach, in fact why bother having a coach at all, the players should know how to play football without having to be ......Um!! coached.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Crisis on 19:14 - Nov 9 with 3439 viewsperchrockjack

Defensive? I d settle for that.

At the moment the goals we re giving away are not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Crisis on 19:24 - Nov 9 with 3393 viewsFlashberryjack

Crisis on 18:20 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you.

So if you employed a professional person to increase turnover of your business.....and turn over actually decreased significantly since he was employed, I don't think it ridiculous to question his worth to the company.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024